73 replies to this topic

#1 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

I wanted to start this thread because I noticed a lot of people either have tons of questions about Superman or are curious on his story.

I have been a Superman fan for a long long time and practically read almost every comic so I want to start this to answer any questions people may have.

Ask me anything you would  like to know and I will try my best to answer and even give panels to comics it comes from.

I just have a few rules though.
1. Try to avoid "who would win a fight?" I can give you an opinion on who I THINK would win, but it is up to the writer at the end of the day. That's all I can give. I may sometimes can give canon samples, but it is up to the writer.

2. We are here to answer Superman questions. Please try to avoid questions about other heroes UNLESS they pertain to a relationship with Superman.

3. Please no bashing on Superman or Superman shipping with other characters. I am just here to answer questions people may have about the Man of Steel.

Now that that is out of the way, please feel free to ask away.
1360799866927814195superman_logo_vetor.j

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 August 2017 - 08:03 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Which issue did Superman lift that ( uh tome, was it?) that was as heavy as the multiverse? Also was that during the Silver age? :smile:

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2017 - 07:24 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Which issue did Superman lift that ( uh tome, was it?) that was as heavy as the multiverse? Also was that during the Silver age? :smile:

I am guessing you are talking the time both Superman and Shazam lifted a book of infinite pages.

That was from Final Crisis Superman Beyond 1 & 2 where Shazam and Superman got trapped in a limbo universe and was trying to use the book on how to get out of it where they meet another Superman who was evil named Ultraman.

It was actually a Post-Crisis comic and used the Modern Age Superman. It was not Silver Age Superman,

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 August 2017 - 07:51 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

Okay cool, what year was it released? Second question, What is your favourite art style of Superman within the comics, as in how Superman is drawn specifically?

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2017 - 08:08 PM.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Okay cool, what year was it released? Second question, What is your favourite art style of Superman within the comics, as in how Superman is drawn specifically?

The comic in question came out in 2008 and my favorite art style was the one in Superman: Birthright.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Okay thanks. another  question, I know that there were discussions about Superman Prime in the threads, which version of Superman is that, or is that Super man at the pinnacle of his powers? 

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 August 2017 - 10:19 PM.

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Okay thanks. another  question, I know that there were discussions about Superman Prime in the threads, which version of Superman is that, or is that Super man at the pinnacle of his powers? 

That one is the pinnacle of Modern Age Superman. After he spent 15,000 years in the sun and survived crossing the source walls.

D.Y.K. That that Superman has the last Green Lantern ring in DC existence that he himself powers.

Superman_Prime.jpg

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 August 2017 - 10:33 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

Ah interesting.

#9 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Is it true he once fought the Grim reaper James?

I ask cause I was talking to evil100 about it and he said he does not think so as he said the Grim reaper can only be seen by someone who time is up and are about to move onto the next life.

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

Is it true he once fought the Grim reaper James?

I ask cause I was talking to evil100 about it and he said he does not think so as he said the Grim reaper can only be seen by someone who time is up and are about to move onto the next life.

Good question and actually a little tricky to answer.

I know you probably mean "Grim Reaper" as in Death and the answers is....no, but Superman has fought super villains who have taken on the name Grim Reaper or "Death" or something similar to that moniker. In fact, I don't remember Superman ever meeting any kind of personification of death. I know he had met his father in heaven once during his "death," but this was more like existentialism.

Superman has actually fought the devil Lucifer once and even beat him and even both won and lost against Trigon. A very powerful being that is Raven's father.

This fight, although not canon, was very interesting to see. Mr. Mxyzsptlk vs Trigon. Basically, a 5th dimensional reality warper vs the devil.
image.jpg

The closest thing I can think of him fighting a guy similar to death is in the time of Pre-crisis when he fighting against Spectre and well...that doesn't end well.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 08 August 2017 - 01:23 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Oh James can you give me more a detailed synopsis of "The Death of Superman" comic? All I mainly know is that he dies fighting against Doomsday but that was not actually him

#12 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

Oh James can you give me more a detailed synopsis of "The Death of Superman" comic? All I mainly know is that he dies fighting against Doomsday but that was not actually him

I can explain to an extent The death of Superman event was one in long line of special events of comics in the 90s to make a collectable comics for investors as people were realising that all the old golden and sliver age comics (mainly origins, introductions and deaths) where selling for thousands if not millions, so DC decided to do the comic event to end all comic events killing Superman. They decided That Superman will die fighting this new character Doomsday. The events was successful selling Millions and bringing in new readers.

Afterwards he was replaced by four different Supermen who would later be known as: Steel, SuperBoy, Cyborg Superman & Eradicator. However before a year had passed of the death of Superman event DC Decided to bring Superman back, by reconing his death as a coma and just having him recharging on solar, doomsday was also brought eventually as well by whatever kills him makes him stronger when he is revived and can not die the same way forcing Superman to find new ways to beat Doomsday.

The event itself has a mixed reputation: those that love it for the epic battle between Superman and one of the strongest villains ever created in DC, others hate it for being for what they see as a publicity stunt and one of the declines of comics in the 90s mainly for bring in the comicbook death trope, as many previous long time death characters were brought back to life in the following years.

I would also check out these videos done by MovieBob on the subject (he is one of the people that hated the event, as he hates all the 90's events in the comics).

Also one more trivia the event was out just some time after Lois Lane finally learnt of Superman's identity being Clark Kent and they were engaged for you superman x Lois Lane shipping lovers.

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 08 August 2017 - 08:17 PM.

#13 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

Good question and actually a little tricky to answer.

I know you probably mean "Grim Reaper" as in Death and the answers is....no, but Superman has fought super villains who have taken on the name Grim Reaper or "Death" or something similar to that moniker. In fact, I don't remember Superman ever meeting any kind of personification of death. I know he had met his father in heaven once during his "death," but this was more like existentialism.

Superman has actually fought the devil Lucifer once and even beat him and even both won and lost against Trigon. A very powerful being that is Raven's father.

This fight, although not canon, was very interesting to see. Mr. Mxyzsptlk vs Trigon. Basically, a 5th dimensional reality warper vs the devil.
image.jpg

The closest thing I can think of him fighting a guy similar to death is in the time of Pre-crisis when he fighting against Spectre and well...that doesn't end well.

Thanks James this has been bugging both me and Evil100 a tone lately as neither of us had any idea if he did face "Grim Reaper" as in Death as be me and him call him, and you are right on it being as you say tricky to answer cause its true.

What I do know or think is that the Joker toxin works on him that may have been in one of the older now none canon comics of Superman, I think it worked on all of the Justice leauge, but again that may have changed in time.

One thing I do dissagree is the fact when some say Superman will live forever, he is mortal after all and true he can't be killed, but he shall die of old age whenever that is as we have no idea how long he would live could be 200 years for all we know.

But you know what would be funny man is if the Justice league hired TFS Alucard to join them, I mean as long as no one destorys his T.V.

"You know, they say that T.V. makes you violent, but I say that not having my T.V. is making me pretty Fu*****cking violent!!"

"We're here on Epic Meal Time!! I'm the sauce boss, and tonight, we're eating this blond little wannabe demi-god kitten!"

Edited by The Doctor forever, 09 August 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#14 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:19 AM

* Sees that Illnevergiveup is not here yet *

Illnevergiveup will like this thread :P

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

Thanks to Bluestar, it has been mostly covered. The only thing I would add is that since that famous comic both Superman and Doomsday have been in several fights. However, as much of a threat as he was, Doomsday never beat Superman ever again, but then after a while Superman could not defeat Doomsday either to the point that the only way for Superman to truly get rid of him was to send him at the end of time. No joke.
4684164-4039942-reigndd_endof_time.jpg

There was  a Superman vs Doomsday part 2, but Superman stomped Doomsday

2712779-2374115_1630908_superman_phasing

4118952-superman_v_doomsday_superman_v2_

One thing I do dissagree is the fact when some say Superman will live forever, he is mortal after all and true he can't be killed, but he shall die of old age whenever that is as we have no idea how long he would live could be 200 years for all we know.

As long as he has solar radiation, Superman does live forever. Superman Prime that I posted above was described as living till end of existence and becoming a god to the point that he created his own universe when his ended. At least, this is the assumption we think happens. It is not exactly clear because they remained it ambiguous.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 05:36 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Thanks to Bluestar, it has been mostly covered. The only thing I would add is that since that famous comic both Superman and Doomsday have been in several fights. However, as much of a threat as he was, Doomsday never beat Superman ever again, but then after a while Superman could not defeat Doomsday either to the point that the only way for Superman to truly get rid of him was to send him at the end of time. No joke.
4684164-4039942-reigndd_endof_time.jpg

There was  a Superman vs Doomsday part 2, but Superman stomped Doomsday

2712779-2374115_1630908_superman_phasing

4118952-superman_v_doomsday_superman_v2_

As long as he has solar radiation, Superman does live forever. Superman Prime that I posted above was described as living till end of existence and becoming a god to the point that he created his own universe when his ended. At least, this is the assumption we think happens. It is not exactly clear because they remained it ambiguous.

But how does that work then I mean I know from the class I too even our own sun will one day die which is where he gets his power from after all, if that did happen then man that would suck for Superman.

But you said it best some things are best left ambiguous.

#17 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

But how does that work then I mean I know from the class I too even our own sun will one day die which is where he gets his power from after all, if that did happen then man that would suck for Superman.

But you said it best some things are best left ambiguous.

Well, Superman can actually create suns if he wanted. He has done it before especially in All Star Superman. There is also more stars out in the universe and some are even younger blue star that increase Superman's already overwhelming power. 

Plus, this is a fictional comic book world. Don't always assume that the same logic applies even scientifically.

If that were the case, Batman would have been dead a long long time ago or at least severely crippled.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 August 2017 - 08:31 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#18 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Well, Superman can actually create suns if he wanted. He has done it before especially in All Star Superman. There is also more stars out in the universe and some are even younger blue star that increase Superman's already overwhelming power. 

Plus, this is a fictional comic book world. Don't always assume that the same logic applies even scientifically.

If that were the case, Batman would have been dead a long long time ago or at least severely crippled.

That is true this is a fictional comic book world, still would suck for him to out live all that he cares for seeing them all die from age, and never new he could make his own Suns either that's new to me.

But I know some of the comic are not canon or are as there has been so many changes, and other worlds that I am not sure what is what anymore.

#19 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

That is true this is a fictional comic book world, still would suck for him to out live all that he cares for seeing them all die from age, and never new he could make his own Suns either that's new to me.

But I know some of the comic are not canon or are as there has been so many changes, and other worlds that I am not sure what is what anymore.

Sometimes it is not the characters, but how you tell the story.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#20 The Doctor forever

The Doctor forever

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

Sometimes it is not the characters, but how you tell the story.

Very true I do wonder if there is a point to have the Justice Leauge all the planet needs is just Superman, I think someone once said he could take on everyone and needs no one as he can just solo anyone, its why I ask this as well since I have not had the money to buy the comics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users