• Please log in to reply
31560 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

Launching a new big thread for discussion of all things Naruto! What lies on the road ahead for the series? How do you feel about what has already happened? Comparisons and theories, debates and frustrations, hopes and disappointments. All are welcome here.

Rules: keep the language clean; no posting or linking to smut; put movie pics or other anti-ns images spoilers; no reposting of outside anti-ns rants; engage in fair debate; and lastly, know when to agree to disagree and then move on.

#2 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

FIRST POST!!! I use to like Naruto but the ending ruined it.

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

Naruto sucks

#4 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

Sounds like a nice idea, Tricks! :D

I keep wondering to myself, does anyone else think the whole idea of Bee taking pride in being a Jinchuriki is only partially true? I bring this up because when you think about it, he was shown to be willing to abandon the Hidden Cloud when he tricked Taka into getting one of Gyuki's tentacles instead of the real deal. If he did take pride in being a Jinchuriki as much as it was said, he wouldn't have bailed like he did. It makes me think Bee only puts on a facade because of his respect for Ay, but he hated being a Jinchuriki years later when Ay began to see him as just as a tool, because of Ay losing faith when his dad, Ay the Third, sacrificed his life to protect others like a Kage would do.

Plus the way Bee and Gyuki's relationship was written it makes a guy wonder if Bee even knew Gyuki's name or even CARED to learn it. We saw Roshi knew Son's name, but he was just too obstinate to want to be polite enough to call him by his name. That's what I wonder, considering that Naruto seems different with his ending up continuously calling Kurama by his name when he learns it, and how he treats him better during the way, as well as his real determination to help Son get free from Obito. Not to mention Naruto's chakra cloak with Kurama being different from Ay and the others. It makes me wonder if Naruto and Gaara are more unique given how they had different chakra cloaks from the other Jinchuriki, even one in "control" like Bee is with Gyuki.

My friend Gil theorized perhaps even as close as Bee and Gyuki are, it's still give and take, which is why they don't have a cloak similar to Naruto and Kurama do. And the fact Bee, as experienced as he is, tends to be the muscle of the duo while Gyuki's obviously the brains (sometimes I wonder if Bee is dumber at times than even Naruto can be), and that's why even as close as they are, they still don't got that kind of level of trust Naruto and Kurama, fast as it was, had developed, even when Kurama was trying to break Naruto's spirits because of his own hate toward humans for how they mistreated him and stole his freedom.

#5 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

Naruto sucks

The only characters I like are Deidara Kakashi and Pre-693 Sakura.

#6 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:24 PM

Naruto sucks

Can't argue with that.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#7 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

Naruto used to be one of the biggest things in my life.
Now it's just a piece of kitten that I'm trying to erase from my mind.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#8 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

kitten this manga I want to piss and kitten all over it  .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#9 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

The only characters I like are Deidara Kakashi and Pre-693 Sakura.

I agree. But I still like Shikamaru, Lee, Neji (Poor Neji...), and Pre-699 Naruto. Also I like all the Akatsuki members they were such great villains.

Oh and I almost forgot about Minato, Kushina, and the J man. Thank god they weren't ruined by this kitten ending.

Edited by RedFaction, 04 February 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#10 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:29 PM

>First step: Keep the language clean.

>

>

>

>Failed instantly.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#11 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

I agree. But I still like Shikamaru, Lee, Neji (Poor Neji...), and Pre-699 Naruto. Also I like all the Akatsuki members they were such great villains.

Oh and I almost forgot about Minato, Kushina, and the J man. Thank god they weren't ruined by this sh*tty ending.

Thank god they weren't used for the movie.

#12 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

Oh and I almost forgot about Minato, Kushina, and the J man. Thank god they weren't ruined by this sh*tty ending.

Yeah Rock Lee's a good character! And so it Minato and Kushina. Basically I don't dislike any of the characters except for the retconned Team 7 and Hinata-sama of course.

#13 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Those who got a lot of focus ended up being the worst characters.

#14 FireFox

FireFox

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,356 posts
  • Interests:Music:Trance&Progressive: Armin Van Buren ASOT,Aly&Fila FSOE,Andrew Rayel,Giuseppe Ottaviani
    Movies: The Last Samurai,Lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,Marvel.
    Movie Series: Game of Thrones,Spartacus,The Mentalist,NCIS,The Big Bang Theory,How I Met Your Mother.
    Manga: Naruto,Gintama.
    Parings: NaruSaku,MinaKushi,GinTae,ZuraKyubei

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:37 PM

>First step: Keep the language clean.

>

>

>

>Failed instantly.

My language is clean since the moment I came from my mother's womb  :hm: .

Posted Image                                                            

" I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#15 DeathGodMack

DeathGodMack

Death God

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku
    LelouchxKallen
    LelouchxShirley
    IchiHime
    Touken
    Taichi/Sora
    SakuHina
    ShikaTema
    NaLu
    Luffy x Nami
    KorraXAssami
    Maka x Soul
    Tai x Kari
    SakuIno

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

cheating fanfics makes perfect sense,becuase Naruto is canonically a liar. It’d be in character.  Since Sasuke is out of the village so much, Sakura can't get pleasure from her husband so she would have to go to Naruto for that. Hinata doesn't care since she is just happy she is married to Naruto with kids. Also people like to say leesaku is the same as Naruhina. It's not lee doesn't stalk Sakura. He actually understands that she loves Naruto. He showed more concern over neji's death that Hinata did and they were related. Hopefully that kid is Lee's and Tenten's.

Edited by DeathGodMack, 04 February 2015 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

I always said that Sakura would always be my favorite anime/manga character no matter what happened. She still is, but I will forever curse the ending that was handed to her. She, and a lot of the others, deserved so much better.
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#17 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

I always said that Sakura would always be my favorite anime/manga character no matter what happened. She still is, but I will forever curse the ending that was handed to her. She, and a lot of the others, deserved so much better.

I still can't get over that blushing face she made when she asked Sasuke to take her with him. It was truly awful.

#18 Metalhead87

Metalhead87

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing (when I can motivate myself to do it), writing, playing videogames - that kind of stuff.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

I'm really not sure what the plan is for Naruto after the New Era Project concludes. I mean, if we can say anything about what has happened so far, it's that there is a large amount of negativity directed towards the series throughout a lot of the fandom. Should the New Era Project fail, then what? What's next for them? Do they go back in time and continue to milk off of Part 2 through releasing more movies? Additional anime arcs like "untold stories from Naruto's youth"? Do they attempt to pander to the groups that they shunned through alternate realities and continuities? What about the games? From what I've seen, the games follow the manga's story, so what now that it's concluded? Just tell it over and over again?

Sorry if I'm rambling or if any of these questions have already been answered lol. These are just things that passed through my mind momentarily.

Please check out my DeviantArt page! http://infamatt.deviantart.com/ I appreciate it  :happy:

#19 Metalhead87

Metalhead87

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • Interests:I like drawing (when I can motivate myself to do it), writing, playing videogames - that kind of stuff.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

I still can't get over that blushing face she made when she asked Sasuke to take her with him. It was truly awful.

Awfully drawn too. Sakura looked horribly off model in that panel.

Please check out my DeviantArt page! http://infamatt.deviantart.com/ I appreciate it  :happy:

#20 RedFaction

RedFaction

Legendary Pirate

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

I agree I still like Sakura, but my favorite character in Naruto has to be Minato. I'm just glad he got a proper send off and his character was put to rest for good.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users