• This topic is locked This topic is locked
148 replies to this topic

#81 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Catsis thought on the chapter.

has anyone taken note of the fact that the two of them are sitting side bys ide comfortably and casually in the middle of a disaster area when they should be focused on rebuilding, and just chatting amicablly with each other?

Also note that in the wake of "The Confession" Hinata is nowhere to be found. again if this where to be heaidng where certian groups claim it to be she would be front and center and the fellings explored. instead we have the two people most important to the story discussing the situation with each other, and cheering each other up as is their way.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#82 Prime

Prime

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 12 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh, the whole entire series is based on Japanese culture and mythology, with a little a bit of Chinese added in as well. Did it ever occur that there were alot of mythology and culture around the characters/attacks/style?

Many Jutsus are based on both Japanese and Chinese symbols/myths/etc. Great example are mostly the Uchiha with Amateretsu and Susanoo.

Characters, like Sakura, are part of Japanese culture (the hint is in her name), plus her clothing design is based on Chinese fashion, gives you the reason why Kishimoto stated that he gave Sakura a Chinese feel back when he first designed her.

Japanese culture and mythology is Kishimoto's main research in order to continue writing and drawing the series' storyline of his manga.

Alot of the idea's do come from them story's yes. But it has been showed over and over and over that the Manga is just influenced from them to say its "based" upon them is insane. Many people in the manga have the same names and blah blah but the story's dont match. People always trying to compare real life to a fiction story and it just don't work that way. After all if it was "based" upon them then we would know the outcome? At the end of the day Kishi is going to write what he wants to happen.

#83 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Prime @ Jun 12 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alot of the idea's do come from them story's yes. But it has been showed over and over and over that the Manga is just influenced from them to say its "based" upon them is insane. Many people in the manga have the same names and blah blah but the story's dont match. People always trying to compare real life to a fiction story and it just don't work that way. After all if it was "based" upon them then we would know the outcome? At the end of the day Kishi is going to write what he wants to happen.

Again Kishi already stated that he does it out of Japanese and Chinese culture. He already had proven that Sakura and Naruto are the most in common with enough difference to compliment each other ( for your info it 's a Chinese philosophy, called Yin and Yang).

The Sannin are based off of characters from a book aka The tale of the gallant Jiraiya".

Kitsune is also a real demon in Japanese foklore.

Here is the Chinese myth a nine tailed fox took control of a woman and a man.

Sakura's name is a tree that is found in Japan and is mostly used as life, growth, and blossoming in to something in Japanese myth and storytelling.

Edited by RyrineaHaruno, 14 June 2009 - 04:43 AM.

#84 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Sir Whirly @ Jun 12 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cmon guys, the instant this guy posted I smelled troll.

I love trolls. They always make a wonderful addition to my private zoo. >=3

*runs stick along the bars of the cage*

Alot of the idea's do come from them story's yes. But it has been showed over and over and over that the Manga is just influenced from them to say its "based" upon them is insane.

Come on now. You just admitted several ideas came from and by definition were based on those stories and myths, yet you're trying to backpedal and claim that's not what it is in the very next sentence. You're arguing semantics at this point and basically contradicting yourself at the same time. The fact is that - no matter what word you want to use - it plays a rather significant role in things. The culture of the country something's developed in often does.

Edited by dl316bh, 12 June 2009 - 10:40 PM.

bd5.jpg

#85 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

I have to laugh,

I used the argument about the hug last week on another board and NO ONE would beleive me that in Japan a young girl hugging a young man means a great deal about their relationship but........

On to this weeks chapter...LOVE IT

It goes to show you why people should not work themselves into a frenzy about spoilers though as actual depth is added to the meeting of Inati and Tazuna with our fav couple. I wish Tsunami came too, this manga needs more hot older ladies in it for my tastes. I love the relationship that has developed between Naruto and Sakura you can tell that they have become totally comfortable with each other. I think though Naruto should have a few Kage Bunshin help out with the rebuilding Yamoto is gonna kill himself.

We need more Sai!!!!

I hope the relationship between Sai and Naruto is brought back into the manga, In my fanfic HOKAGE, (In the Library - Shameless Plug) I had Sai acting as a spy for Danzo telling him about Naruto.

Read only if you don't want to read my fanfic HOKAGE --Click here to view--
when in reality he was spying on danzo for Naruto

He should be with team Kakashi if they go out to meet Sasuke's team (can't remember the new name used to be Hebi now it is hawk but I can't think of Japanese name.

anyway i have great hopes for next chapter.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#86 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Jun 12 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need more Sai!!!!

I agree! wow.png

I love and miss Sai. He adds so much lulz to any interactions between him, Naruto, and Sakura XD

#87 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:56 PM

:teehee:

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#88 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 12 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Exactly! Perfect. This is why I love Sai so much XD

#89 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 12 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol laugh.gif

Oh and Nee-sama your sig made me laugh.

#90 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 12 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love and miss Sai. He adds so much lulz to any interactions between him, Naruto, and Sakura XD

Yeah, and not to mention that now is as good a time as ever to bring him back. Sai's connections to the story are Root and helping Team Kakashi bring Sasuke back. Now that both of those are important again...Kishimoto has to use this opportunity to give his some attention. It'll be pretty disappointing if he doesn't. 111193.gif

#91 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jun 12 2009, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, and not to mention that now is as good a time as ever to bring him back. Sai's connections to the story are Root and helping Team Kakashi bring Sasuke back. Now that both of those are important again...Kishimoto has to use this opportunity to give his some attention. It'll be pretty disappointing if he doesn't. 111193.gif

So much development in so little time! I don't know what do with it all! This chapter had a load of things for shippers to try picking apart for meanings, I don't dare go to any other forum but NaruSaku ones for awhile, must be a zoo!

#92 max acorn

max acorn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

very interesting chapter. nice to see inari and tazuna back after a long time.

and i'm not worried about narusaku. i mean, there was a lot that naruto could've been doing but he and sakura were talking, alone, with each other. it seems that hinata's confession is the furthermost thing in his mind.

#93 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 12 2009, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I demand more Sai craziness for the lulz!!! rawr.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#94 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Prime @ Jun 12 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First off, I most certainly do not intend to sound condescending in any way, so I apologize in advance if you take it was such. I'll try to explain where people are coming from when they talk about Japanese culture in relation to the manga, from my point of view.

Main Entry:
1cul·ture

1: cultivation, tillage2: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education3: expert care and training <beauty culture>4 a: enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training b: acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills5 a: the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group ; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> c: the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line> d: the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>6: the act or process of cultivating living material (as bacteria or viruses) in prepared nutrient media ; also : a product of such cultivation

Culture is something you are raised in, the morals and beliefs that you grow up around and shape you. In different cultures, certain acts are seen and interpreted differently. For instance, "the hand gesture we use for "come here," the hand palm up with the index finger extending in and out three or four times, has a very different meaning in Latin America. It means that you are very romantically interested in the person and is considered a solicitation." If we read that in a manga, we would see something completely different than someone reading the same scene in Latin America. My point is that Kishimto is going to see things from a Japanese point of view. Even if he's writing what he wants, his knowledge of what certain acts mean stem from Japanese culture and society because of that.

I apologize if any of this is unclear, I'm pretty bad at explaining things.

Edited by Paptala, 13 June 2009 - 02:52 AM.

0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#95 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

+1 for Paptala.

Great explanation. It applies to everything, really. Music, movies. One culture's way of thinking doesn't necessarily equal the other.

It's also how you were raised. smile.gif

#96 Jorden-Kun

Jorden-Kun

TheGrammarNazi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Anime<br />Manga<br />Drawing<br />Music (no rap or country)<br />And crazy shenanigans on teh computer =D

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

I was kind of expecting a fight over the whole Danzo becoming the 6th Hokage, but that didn't happen (it'll happen eventually though). I wonder what Tsunade's reaction will be when she comes to. Well she's obviously gonna be pissed about it, but I mean what she will actually do.

Other than that I enjoyed seeing Tazuna and Inari again. I forgot about them, lol.

And the slight NaruSaku-y-ness was awesome too. boogie.gif

I wonder what Sasuke will think when he finds out what happens to Konoha. Maybe he will be less angry or what not. Idk. But Naruto and all of his kick-ass ninja pals will save the day (or however long Danzo's rein and Sasuke's revenge takes) somehow biggrin.gif

#97 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:37 AM

The reason Naruto rebuffed the whole conversation about explaining about Sasuke to others outside the Team 7 is the conclusions they would draw. If you explained the hard facts to almost anyone, you would come to the rational conclusion that Danzou is making the proper move to attempt to eliminate Sasuke.

I would be willing to bet that some members of the Konoha Twelve question the crusade that Sakura and Naruto are leading for a certain someone's redemption.

#98 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Jun 12 2009, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would be willing to bet that some members of the Konoha Twelve question the crusade that Sakura and Naruto are leading for a certain someone's redemption.

I wouldn't be surprised; it makes sense. Quite a few people put faith in Naruto, but facts are facts. Sasuke is technically a traitor whom has shown no real regard for his former comrades. Despite not really being shown it, one has to think somewhere deep down some people have doubts about the whole thing.

That's not really anything too important to the overall plot though, so I doubt we'll ever know for sure if that's the case. Kishi doesn't seem to waste time on things that don't play a role in things overall unless he's coaxed into it. Not to mention we never really see enough of most side characters to know most of their thoughts on such situations.

Though who knows. With this current kill order, perhaps Kishi will see fit to bring some dissenting opinions in or such in some of the supporting cast. Stranger things have happened. Personally, I would like to see a bit of others thoughts on the whole situation, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
bd5.jpg

#99 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:40 AM

There is a deeper meaning to this chapter, in my opinion, anyway.

The way on how Naruto will apply the principle of PEACE into a nuke-nin would be one of the most awesome things he had ever done! w00t.gif

Noticing his gift on how he changes people for the better is out-of-this-world! Changing Nagato was the most dangerous, yet, most amazing one! biggrin.gif

Changing Sasuke is another side of the story. And that is what I can't wait for! laugh.gif The confrontation would be epic, for sure! XDDD

Edited by Shadowmoon-Sakura, 13 June 2009 - 04:41 AM.

#100 Leney

Leney

Little Ray of Sunshine

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:28 AM

I was kind of expecting a fight over the whole Danzo becoming the 6th Hokage, but that didn't happen (it'll happen eventually though). I wonder what Tsunade's reaction will be when she comes to. Well she's obviously gonna be pissed about it, but I mean what she will actually do.

I wasn't. Not matter how autonomous Konoha seems, it's still beholden to the Daimyo who has control of the purse strings. So what Danzou did was the clever way into getting into power. Who cares what anyone Konoha thinks, they don't really have a say. Daimyo can either sign off on Konoha's choice or veto it and come up with his own.

It explains why Sand got into a war with Leaf in the first place. The Daimyo was threatening to cut them off financially which would doom them. So they had to get into a war even if it wasn't in their best interest to do so.

So far, if I was a villager who didn't know all of the shenanigans that Danzou was involved in, I would think he's off to a good start as hokage. Lots of people in Naruto fandom wondered why Sasuke wasn't a missing-nin of the kill on sight variety. Danzou does that within five minutes of being installed as Hokage. If Sasuke makes it to Konoha and causes havoc, that's only going to sway public opinion in Danzou's favor big time...and I'm sure Naruto may try to use his new hero status to do something about it and vouch for Sasuke. But all Danzou has to do is spread nasty rumors about the Kyuubi and the suspicion will be there. The village has already been destroyed and so fear is probably the biggest weapon in Danzou's arsenal.

Edited by Leney, 13 June 2009 - 05:32 AM.

WTF Fanfic Quote of the Moment

"I nearly threw up in my mouth" exclaimed Sasuke, mentally scarred by the experience."You should do that!Except let her try and kiss you whilst you do!"laughed Naruto exitedly."That is WAY funny, and all the same way more creepy that that time at the preliminaries!"retorted Sasuke, remembering."uuughh! I feel so sorry for the shadow clones I made whilst we hid.I hear one of the sound genin got AIDS and CHLAMIDIA from Hayate"said Naruto pulling a face.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users