#21 The Tax-Man

The Tax-Man

Sapien Chronologia

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Broke as all hell...yet I STILL WANNA PLAY EET :eager:

Not gonna lie, I'm in the same boat. But it still pisses me off that they have a kitten free roam and even kittentier quests..... EVERY.TIME. Honestly, what's the last time the gameplay or engine even changed? And I mean more than just the substitution system and slight modifications to awakenings.

naruto.gif

1. "This is worthless NONSENSE."
2. "This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view..."
3. "True, but quite unimportant."
4. "I ALWAYS SAID SO!"

#22 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

Okay some neat new news about this game from Saiyan island.

Apparently changes are coming into the battle system when it comes to ultimate techniques, awakenings, and support drives.

In the past games you were able to use all these:

-Ultimate jutsus with team ultimate jutsus being around only when support use was at max and you had sufficant chakra, ultimate techniques were triggered by loading chakra 2 times and hitting attack, team ultimates were 3 times the chakra load and attack but only when teammates were out.

-Awakenings differed by being adversarial and instant (instant came in during UNS3) the basis of awakenings was to be capable of making a comeback in a fight if you were losing. The neat thing about awakenings was some were merely enchancements while others offered new essential forms into combat. Naruto became 3 and 6 tails with his normal and sage style characters, Sakura became stronger and more resilient to damage with hers being only an enhancement, sasuke could awaken his sussano, Jiraya would use sage mode, lee and guy would enter the inner gates mode, deidara would ride on his C3 guruda, Sasori would use his real body, Chiyo would use the ten puppets, tsunade oddly enough would not release her seal just to heal rather she would just become enhanced like sakura.

The difference with adverseral was they could only be used when under 60 to 40% life and it differed by characters, Sakura and Kakashi could use theirs at 60% others like jinchurki such as Fuu and Roshi needed to get low before shifting into tailed beasts. Adverserals were usually stronger but only lasted 30 seconds and could not be activated again for a while. Instant were always available like Narutos nine tailed chakra mode or Minatos yellow flash mode. These modes in exchange for instant shifts, were more tactical and made your chakra meter shrink giving you a long term disadvantage if you used it too much, you could combo with it but generally instants were mostly enhancements and unlike those which transformed (tailed beasts, riding something, being a larger character) they could still be thrown and easily outdone.

-Finally supports, whenever you had team matches selected, this would occur, you could select 1 or 2 other characters to call in, they use their standard normal jutsu as an attack. Naruto using rasengan, sasuke using fireballs, neji using rotation. The selection of character for ability and team names was the most straegtic these games got. Some like Naruto, Sakura, and tsunade were popular support because their support could be called in on ground or air, others were trap like such as hinata or chiyo immobilizing an opponent and letting those with less mobile techniques catch them such as kakashi or asuma. There were 3 types of support, offense, balance, and defense. when the support gauge reached a certain stage it would light up and bring in that drive effect. Offense would join you in battle mid combo, balance would add extra fire support when you threw a projectile such as they would throw their own, they could also take an ultimate jutsu hit for you or take you place in a ringout, but this was a one time use, if there was only 1 team support member then they could take an extra blow. Defense made it so whenever you began building chakra, they would come in and guard you. Some characters like Gaara, Kankuro, Shino, and Yamato were popular for this with higher guard capabilities.

Now things are changing, in UNSR, you cannot have all these.

but these differ by 3 new types of fighters you can make anyone.

The new types are ultimate types, awakening types, and drive types.All types still can use ultimate jutsus and support from teammates but the ultimate, awakening, and support drive types all rather come up to being a specialization if anything.

Ultimate types are the only ones who use team ultimate jutsus: Their advantage is being able to use stronger techniques due to teamwork. For example, naruto as tailed beast mode alone or with sasuke as another type, his ultimate technique would still be a lets say the tailed beast bomb and he could call sasuke for fire jutsu support, he could still call sasuke in for an ultimate attack but it would be like the past games, just combo support then naruto launches off his tailed beast bomb (basically the same as UNS2 and 3) but in UNSR as an ultimate type, his ultimate jutsu is replaced by a combination jutsu and his defualt team jutsu is replaced by a team ultimate jutsu (ultimate combination if anything). Basically now whenever the player did a 2X chakra load and attacks instead of using the tailed beast bomb, naruto and sasuke will combine rasengan and chidori. if they did a team ultimate attack with the gauge high, they would unleash their strongest attack. This effect is the exact same from the scans showing Sakura being part of the battle, this leads me to assume with sakura in, the ultimate technique is all 3 of them punching while their ultimate team attack is summoning. The downside, because this is a team combination abilitiy, you need to take care of your teammates, if they are knocked out this can impair you and you need their support up to use combination and team ultimate techniques. You cannot use this mode in solo battles.

Awakening type: This is the next type, rather than give everyone an awakening at anytime, now its your choice, basically the high risk high reward type of fighter. Some people but not all will have 2 stage awakenings Only by selecting this type can you enter awakening mode. You still have access to ultimate solo techniques and teammate support but this is where you must take damage and at other times have instant access to awakening abilities. Mecha naruto is already an example going into 3 tails and then mecha kurama mode. Sasuke is another one with 2 stage modes, at first he just uses his normal abilities but when he hits his first level, he can manifest his sussano in its intial uncomplete skeletal form, like what he used at the kage summit. In level 2 he manifests the whole thing. As said before, the only downside to this is you risk life to make a big comeback, because awakenings dont need team support, this is around and most likely the default setting for 1 on 1 matches. Otherwise its speculated you can have custom rules to disable awakenings.

Drive type: This is the most tactical based. Like the prior games it involves putting teammates into offense and defense, however this time they are not fixed. While its currently unknown if the defualt support types can be done under ultimate and awakening type fighters, in the drive type you have 2 advantages, you can switch them mid battle and call them in faster. This means as in the scan, Sakura had Naruto and Kakashi for support, she could put Naruto or Kakashi to offense or defense as needed. This means you can go full defense if one is about to use an awakening or ultimate technique or go full force when you feel you have the upper hand.

As of right now, its unknown if these 3 types are fixed on characters or if anyone can take any of the 3, such as if Naruto is stuck as an ultimate type, sasuke as awakening, and sakura as drive, then that stinks but if we have the freedom to do something like sasukes as ultimate, sakura as awakening, naruto as drive, and so on, any character free to select any of these 3 types thats fine.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#23 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

Don't really care about this game to be honest. I played the storm series up through UNS2 and absolutely loved Storm 1, but it seems like with each new game released the series takes a step back. For example, in the first storm game you could fight on walls, clash jutsus, and even interrupt ultimates. Heck characters would even say different dialogues depending on who was on their team and who they were fighting. Than in UNS2 they took out wall fights, dialogue, ultimate interrupts, and clashes and restricted exploration to just running around. It was still a great game but just a step back. But in generations and 3 they took the timing aspect out of replacement jutsu. That killed the series for me because it ruins combos. For example in Storms 1 and 2 if you could manage to land a combo then you would be rewarded as the other player would have to time the right trigger in order to escape. If they did get the timing right then they would gain the advantage. But now its basically a battle of jutsu spams and who can force the other person to use up all of their replacement bars.

The story however has always been the best part of the games. Even UNS3's story focus on Kushina was done fantastically. But the gameplay isn't that great. For example, how can Kakashi who knows over a thousand techniques be limited to just two techniques? What about Sarutobi whose nickname was the professor because he mastered every Hidden Leaf Village technique?

Or here's a better question; Why in a franchise like Naruto which is ripe with possibilities do we not have the option to create our own characters? Just think about it. Creating your own character, choosing your own jutsu types. Maybe you're like me and you want to do fire jutsu or finishers like the lightning blade. Maybe you want to be a taijutsu expert like Rock Lee or a genjutsu master like Kurenai. They could even take it a step further by making a mode where you work your way up from a genin to a jonin, or you interact with characters like Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi.

Namco did this before to with DBZ ultimate Tenkaichi and while the gameplay wasn't perfect, it was a blast customizing your super moves, going super saiyan for the first time, beating the laughable story, and then taking your character online and playing in tournaments.

My main point though is that based on the history, CC2 is a very lazy developer and I don't really expect much from them anymore.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:50 AM

I still want a 2D fighting, starring narrator from KI.

#25 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:45 AM

Don't really care about this game to be honest. I played the storm series up through UNS2 and absolutely loved Storm 1, but it seems like with each new game released the series takes a step back. For example, in the first storm game you could fight on walls, clash jutsus, and even interrupt ultimates. Heck characters would even say different dialogues depending on who was on their team and who they were fighting. Than in UNS2 they took out wall fights, dialogue, ultimate interrupts, and clashes and restricted exploration to just running around. It was still a great game but just a step back. But in generations and 3 they took the timing aspect out of replacement jutsu. That killed the series for me because it ruins combos. For example in Storms 1 and 2 if you could manage to land a combo then you would be rewarded as the other player would have to time the right trigger in order to escape. If they did get the timing right then they would gain the advantage. But now its basically a battle of jutsu spams and who can force the other person to use up all of their replacement bars.

The story however has always been the best part of the games. Even UNS3's story focus on Kushina was done fantastically. But the gameplay isn't that great. For example, how can Kakashi who knows over a thousand techniques be limited to just two techniques? What about Sarutobi whose nickname was the professor because he mastered every Hidden Leaf Village technique?

Or here's a better question; Why in a franchise like Naruto which is ripe with possibilities do we not have the option to create our own characters? Just think about it. Creating your own character, choosing your own jutsu types. Maybe you're like me and you want to do fire jutsu or finishers like the lightning blade. Maybe you want to be a taijutsu expert like Rock Lee or a genjutsu master like Kurenai. They could even take it a step further by making a mode where you work your way up from a genin to a jonin, or you interact with characters like Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi.

Namco did this before to with DBZ ultimate Tenkaichi and while the gameplay wasn't perfect, it was a blast customizing your super moves, going super saiyan for the first time, beating the laughable story, and then taking your character online and playing in tournaments.

My main point though is that based on the history, CC2 is a very lazy developer and I don't really expect much from them anymore.

Why don't we get character creators? I don't want to see 500 naruto, minato, Sasuke, pain, itachi, hinata, look a likes ruining around. It would be 97% Sasuke and hinata ripoff a running around with the remaining 3 percent actually being original or not of some big clan.

#26 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

I still want a 2D fighting, starring narrator from KI.

I want something like that.

Actually I want a full-fledged 3D Naruto fighter mixed in some Street Fighter/Tekken/Dead or Alive elements into play.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#27 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

I want something like that.

Actually I want a full-fledged 3D Naruto fighter mixed in some Street Fighter/Tekken/Dead or Alive elements into play.

Bolded: We already had that with Storm 3.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#28 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think he's refering to something like Accel 2 which by far was the most famous Naruto game.
Even my friends who arent fan of Naruto liked that game.
The only thing that ruined that game was Ino, Hinata, Shikamaru, Shino which were broken as hell.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 02 February 2014 - 04:55 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#29 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

As good or complex as the first ultimate ninja storm was as some said, I didn't have a ps3 for it back then, first in the series's I got was ultimate ninja storm 2 and while I skipped generations, I did get ultimate ninja storm 3 as it was a full fledged adventure with other stuff and well 3 year break between 2 and 3 was a good justification. If anything both games were great in terms of boss battles and sticking to the manga story, 2 more so then 3.

Now in my opinion both games are good but in the long line I liked uns2 more because it's adventure modes was much more dynamic and varied. The whole reunion to the final battle against pain was great, because it covered all these arcs. Boss battles were varied and didn't feature naruto all the time, we had naruto vs Kakashi, gaara vs deidara, sakura vs sasori, 4 tails naruto vs orochimaru, naruto vs Sasuke, naruto vs kakuzu, Sasuke vs itachi, jiraya vs pain, and finally naruto vs pain with Sasuke vs bee as an after one like a mini boss extra.

Besides that, you were free to tackle side missions during and between story progressions, like when I was at between the Sasuke and sai and immortals arcs, there were a few neat things to do in the spare times. Even going to the sand village rather than continue the story outright. UNS3 though, once naruto leaves the leaf village, you never to back until the story is done. You cannot even access the sand or many other areas until the game is beaten.

Basically the difference is UNS2 gave you some side quest freedom before moving on. Uns3 had all the side quest stuff too. But you had to wait until you beat the game to do all that stuff. You were forced into the story until the credits.

As rosters go, it was much easier to balance 40 compared to 100 or so. Though in uns3 many of those characters have similar incarnations but more characters did make more varity.

Though as far as battle systems go, I liked clash of ninjas the best, it was used until the pain arc in japan with sage naruto and a and bee being the latest story characters introduced. Anyways clash of ninja did have varying combos and modes for each character. Specials were triggered easily but some had directional and aireal ones. Like in Sakura's case, she was a well rounded character like naruto but built chakra faster, she had a few moves to knock people off their feet, her specials included a CES punch, a downwards aoe quake that was weaker but hit more than one opponent and had more range, could also be triggered in the air. Her back special was self healing using 3/4 of her chakra but healed her for about 30 to 40%. Narutos specials included his rasengan directly, an aireal rasengan which was weaker but quicker, and his back special was triggering the one tailed form which healed him a bit but also made him stronger. In this series Kakashi had every element as a special, one for each direction, his lightning blade, and triggering his sharigan which gradually weakened him.

Clash of ninja was also 4 player and involved environmental destruction which was nice like you could take cover behind many objects and anyone could use explosive tags as a trap or remote bomb.

#30 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Nope. I'm talking about in terms of gameplay mechanics like different types of throws, reversals, holds, bound and wall combos, wake up situations, and taking give characters what to do during advantage and disadvantage situations.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#31 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Why don't we get character creators? I don't want to see 500 naruto, minato, Sasuke, pain, itachi, hinata, look a likes ruining around. It would be 97% Sasuke and hinata ripoff a running around with the remaining 3 percent actually being original or not of some big clan.

Who cares if people make Sasuke and Hinata like characters, that's the whole fun of the idea. I can't speak for you as to your favorite characters and techniques, but if I got a chance to make my own character he would be like Kakashi. He could be able to do lightning and fire type jutsu except I wouldn't give him the Sharingan. In other words I would personalize him. Just think of the possibilities if they combined that character creation with an original story where you went on missions with the main characters and built relationships. For example, let's say that you are put on team 7 with Sasuke, Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi. Beat out Sasuke and Sakura will be mad. Kill someone during a mission and Naruto might grow to hate you. Choose whether to be a dark avenger or a goody goody two shoes and reap the consequences of both. Become an avenger and face down Kakashi as he hunts you down, one of his favorite students. Stay on the light path and prepare to take on the pure evil of Orochimaru. Maybe even try to win over Sakura or Naruto if that's your thing. :wink:

Besides, if you're worried about those "clan" spammers that's an easy fix. Balance out the classes. For example, acquiring the Sharingan can lead to special sharingan based techniques at the cost of learning some high level elemental ones. As well as Mangekyo already has drawbacks which can be exploited and byakugan users don't have elemental affinities I believe.

Bottom line is that the storm games started out hot but have continued in a steady decline, and after looking at the trailer for this next game, it doesn't look like much has changed.

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#32 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Update:

Today Saiyan Island has revealed a new mode for UNSR, Ninja World Tournament, this mode is a mode that allows for 4 person combatants. As said right now, its only 1 player vs 3 CPUs, possibly for some story reason in it it shows Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, and Kakashi fighting each other. It also shows the 5 kage with their respective hats along with a confrontation between Naruto and mecha naruto from what may be the story mode.

Its unknown right now, but if this game does allow for 4 player combatants at a time, that would be a really really huge improvement over the past games, even making room for team matches.

Really if I wanted to see anything in the game, I wouldn't mind a simple arcade mode to go through like 7 or 8 combants at random.

The game has been said to take some parts of part 1, but if anything it may have a full fledged story. It may be revolving around mecha naruto but its still unknown if its a side story or the major one. If there is a full fledged story mode, if anything it would be following the non-canon ending of UNS3 where Obito just ran away. Whatever the case, more from the story mode must be revealed later on, but from the looks of some stuff there do seem to be cinamatics such as when it looks like hinata is trying to prevent a fight between naruto and mecha naruto from breaking out (naruto yelling at the bot comically).

Likewise this news confirms a few things:

Sakura has her normal outfit

Hinata has her normal outfit

all the kage return for this game

Really if the game has room for 4 players at once, that is a really big improvement and would make it more reminiscent of clash of ninja. Now this would mean more people could take out an annoying deidara shooter.

Edited by Inferno180, 03 February 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#33 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Lol:

#34 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

Nope. I'm talking about in terms of gameplay mechanics like different types of throws, reversals, holds, bound and wall combos, wake up situations, and taking give characters what to do during advantage and disadvantage situations.

I know, I was just kidding.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#35 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

Lol:

Broken...Hell yeah, but CC2 don't care XD

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#36 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

Any news on whether it has adventure mode or not? I really did not enjoy Generations, and it put me off UNS3, though seeing FB I am likely to pick that up soon. If Revelations single player consists of fighting and then cut scene then fight then fight then i'll just skip it.

iAnby7W.gif

#37 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

UPDATE

Second official trailer is out, check it out.

http://www.saiyanisl...tion-trailer-2/

And if you want something epic, wait till you see team 7's ultimate jutsu.

Edited by Inferno180, 08 February 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#38 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Gifs of Team Seven's ultimate attack:

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to1_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to2_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to3_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to4_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to5_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to6_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to7_500.gif

tumblr_n0o4u3JyJn1qetu0to8_500.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#39 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

So... is this going to be like an original story game that revolves around mecha-Naruto?

There's also that scene in which Team 7 fights a masked Tobi, plus that tournament, so it seems it's not going to follow the manga this time.

#40 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

So... is this going to be like an original story game that revolves around mecha-Naruto?

There's also that scene in which Team 7 fights a masked Tobi, plus that tournament, so it seems it's not going to follow the manga this time.

If it did, then this game wouldn't be able to come out for like... the next year and a half. The previous Storm games only caught up with the anime.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users