• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

I work in a nursing home, trying not to kill the patients. D:

Thankfully I don't live in a metropolis so I can take a jog or climb the mountains etc (y)

Stay safe out there!

#22 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

Stay safe out there!

Oh I have no illnesses so I'm probably safe.  :thanks:  I'm just afraid to hurt them. Another nursing home in my town got infected, in their department 8/10 got sick and 5 died.

My dad has diabetes though, type 2. I had to live with my parents for a couple of weeks because my roommate most likely got covid. Anybody know if those with type 2 are as much as risk as those with type 1? 

ナルサク

#23 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:32 PM

Oh I have no illnesses so I'm probably safe.  :thanks:  I'm just afraid to hurt them. Another nursing home in my town got infected, in their department 8/10 got sick and 5 died.

My dad has diabetes though, type 2. I had to live with my parents for a couple of weeks because my roommate most likely got covid. Anybody know if those with type 2 are as much as risk as those with type 1?

That's good you're okay, but yeah it's definitely still scary when you're around people who are vulnerable. For a time, there was talk I'd have to work even after my state issued shelter in place orders and I was worried about exposing my mom, who's only recovered in the last few years from severe asthma. Someone I know by acquaintance died recently from the virus even with no known underlying conditions. I'm not sure about the risks for those with type 2 diabetes, but I think there's probably no thing as being too careful with this.

#24 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 April 2020 - 08:15 PM

My grandmother has Type 2 diabetes and so far, besides the sinuses, she's okay. However, we currently have a death in the family but that was something else, not the COVID-19, before the shutdown even happen.  But I'm hearing that people who either smoke (especially vaping) or have bad respiratory systems are at risk.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#25 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:16 PM

That's good you're okay, but yeah it's definitely still scary when you're around people who are vulnerable. For a time, there was talk I'd have to work even after my state issued shelter in place orders and I was worried about exposing my mom, who's only recovered in the last few years from severe asthma. Someone I know by acquaintance died recently from the virus even with no known underlying conditions. I'm not sure about the risks for those with type 2 diabetes, but I think there's probably no thing as being too careful with this.

Yeah I heard a kid died in UK and a teen in the US. Did your acquintance die with or without treatment? If you're in the US many avoid treatment because it can cost $10k, with insurance. And without sick leave, people with symptoms will infect others : ( I hope your mom will be fine, if you live in the US I heard many are not taking it seriously.

I'm actually not that stressed out, I think other countries have it much worse. I worry about the US, their president, lack of sick leave(will people with symptoms go to work?), dense population and the $$$ hospital bills. I Just came home and I only saw a few people going on walks. And we're allowed to see nearest family, so I see my parents and my aunt. I recently baked some goodies for my granddad and met him across the hall in his apartment building, where we sat down and had a distant chat. Real cozy.  :w00t:

My government just announced they got the virus under control, and hospitalized people half as they were at the peak. Up to 10 people die every day, but that's a low number isn't it? Kindergardens, school and some businesses will open next week, but with precautions(such as one customer per hairsalon etc). The gov also sent a team of 20 to Italy, I hope they send one to Spain as well. 

My grandmother has Type 2 diabetes and so far, besides the sinuses, she's okay. However, we currently have a death in the family but that was something else, not the COVID-19, before the shutdown even happen.  But I'm hearing that people who either smoke (especially vaping) or have bad respiratory systems are at risk.

My dad smoked for decades his lungs are probably full of ash. D:But he quit and started e-cigarettes years ago.

ナルサク

#26 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:15 PM

Yeah I heard a kid died in UK and a teen in the US. Did your acquintance die with or without treatment? If you're in the US many avoid treatment because it can cost $10k, with insurance. And without sick leave, people with symptoms will infect others : ( I hope your mom will be fine, if you live in the US I heard many are not taking it seriously.

I'm actually not that stressed out, I think other countries have it much worse. I worry about the US, their president, lack of sick leave(will people with symptoms go to work?), dense population and the $$$ hospital bills. I Just came home and I only saw a few people going on walks. And we're allowed to see nearest family, so I see my parents and my aunt. I recently baked some goodies for my granddad and met him across the hall in his apartment building, where we sat down and had a distant chat. Real cozy.  :w00t:
My government just announced they got the virus under control, and hospitalized people half as they were at the peak. Up to 10 people die every day, but that's a low number isn't it? Kindergardens, school and some businesses will open next week, but with precautions(such as one customer per hairsalon etc). The gov also sent a team of 20 to Italy, I hope they send one to Spain as well. 

My dad smoked for decades his lungs are probably full of ash. D:But he quit and started e-cigarettes years ago.

He refused treatment, unfortunately. Almost no one knew he was sick until he passed away. His wife had it too, though last I heard she was getting treatment and recovering. Yeah I'm in the US, Michigan specifically. We got hit hard since, like New York, we're a travel hub. I'm only a couple hours outside Detroit myself. Almost everything is shut down and unemployment is absolutely insane. A lot of other states governments are not taking it as seriously, and a lot of people too. Things are definitely not under control, no mass testing, people still going out without taking proper precautions, people struggling to get unemployment benefits to stay afloat because the system is a mess (I haven't been able to get any yet either) so there's a push to reopen everything, consequences be damned. Sigh.

#27 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:07 AM

Don't mean to go off topic but Can i ask about diebetes? Whats the difference between type 1 and type 2?  And how can you tell if you type 1 or type 2?

#28 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:16 AM

Don't mean to go off topic but Can i ask about diebetes? Whats the difference between type 1 and type 2?  And how can you tell if you type 1 or type 2?

Type 1 is more dangerous, you survive on insulin and need to have it in your pocket. Your bloodsugar is more unstable. Type 2 people usually use tablets and they can eat a chocolate bar just fine.

ナルサク

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 11:26 AM

Oh yes I have type 2 Diabetes and the the most basic explanation I can give is that type 1 means that your digestive system is not functioning properly and can not break down sugar on it's own so that is why you need the the insulin shot or you can fall unconscious at any given moment due to your blood sugar being too high or too low. Type 2 means that your body is producing insulin but internal factors are preventing the insulin from breaking down sugar, but other than that your body is working just fine. But either one is very dangerous because it is the very fact that sugar is in your blood stream that can lead to health complications that can be HAZARDOUS for you. Diabetes in itself is not lethal, but increases the chances by at least double of you having heart attacks or fatal illnesses.  

Anyway back on topic, I been having more opportunities to finish games I have been putting off. Anime I'm not watching too much of since most of my current faves are seasonal with the exception of Black Clover. But again I'm enjoying a lot of manga though lol :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 April 2020 - 09:41 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:20 PM

A lot of current seasonal anime is getting delayed after a few eps due to Japan's state of emergency. Films like the final Evangelion remake movie have been pushed back, again. Probably more future projects will face delays as this continues. Japanese animation studios are not so well equipped for work at home setup like, say, Disney. Seiyuu often record together too. Well, I just hope everyone stays safe.

#31 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 08:06 AM

Hi, I hope everyone's staying safe as well.

My grandmother, in her 80s, was diagnosed with covid-19 in early March. She's made a full recovery(!!!) thanks to early care from nurses when hospital wasn't at full capacity. While she was at hospital, we made sure she drank lots of barley & veggie soup, stayed hydrated with water and turmeric/ginger tea, and most importantly move around and exercise instead of lying one place. Still, we keep a very close eye on her, even if she's safe at home and better.

We were extraordinarily fortunate - I cannot imagine what would have happened to her had she been admitted a week or so later, when hospitals began to reach full capacity and bar visitors.

So, please wash your hands/avoid touching your face, stay indoors for those who can't and who depend on it, as much as you can. It's honestly not over until we have a vaccine. Most of all, I really wish the "but it's like the flu!!" self-delusion will eventually vanish, because evidently it's not.

Play games, watch anime instead or something. I've been writing and painting and reading a ton in between studies. Stress-baking helps so much lol.

Currently watching Boku no Hero Academia (finally), Baki, Castlevania, and One Punch Man!

Tiger King made me want to light a cigarette even though I don't smoke, because WTF.

thank you so much for your hard work, caring for the most vulnerable. Stay safe, xx

Edited by gamma, 19 April 2020 - 08:27 AM.

#32 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

https://www.theguard...MP=share_btn_fb

This is pure craziness is this something you guys see on the streets? I saw one nurse livestreaming that the protesters were blocking the road to the hospital.

ナルサク

#33 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:15 PM

whats the cat been up too?

Napping of course in sunbeams

playing video games especially N64 wrestling games by AKI watching anime violet evergarden, Date a live , monsters musume, love tyrant and others think ill even revisit infinite stratos and kenichi some day

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#34 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:55 PM

Hi everyone. Stay safe and healthy. Keep yourself busy with anything you think you can do and like to do inside your home.

#35 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Good news that my state has yet to report a Covid-19 case in the past 48 hours since mid March when the outbreak started.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#36 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:05 PM

China: https://www.bitchute...o/wmbxJ8VWlfY7/

Romania:

This happened a few kilometers from me and the only thing that old man did was that he refused to have his temperature taken before entering the supermarket. And this is not the only case.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#37 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:02 PM

Good news that my state has yet to report a Covid-19 case in the past 48 hours since mid March when the outbreak started.

That's good for you :happy:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#38 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

Don't really know where to post this, but it's somewhat related to this.

Just want to say to all of you stay safe considering what's happening now. From both the protesters and the cops because both can and will become violent towards you, even if you did nothing wrong.

Edited by Nostradamus, 02 June 2020 - 01:37 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#39 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:01 PM

Don't really know where to post this, but it's somewhat related to this.
Just want to say to all of you stay safe considering what's happening now. From both the protesters and the cops because both can and will become violent towards you, even if you did nothing wrong.

Do the protesters attack people too? I've heard them crashing stores, but I haven't heard about them attacking bystanders. But I've heard stories that the police will shoot and spray you even if you're a reporter or a passerby. : (

And watch out for the police even if they are kneeling sith you. They do it for the PR and many spray a crowd right after a heartfelt picture. Dont trust the cops and question all of them.

Edited by sushi., 02 June 2020 - 10:31 PM.

ナルサク

#40 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 10:36 PM

Do the protesters attack people too? I've heard them crashing stores, but I haven't heard about them attacking bystanders. But I've heard stories that the police will shoot and spray you even if you're a reporter or a passerby. : (

Unfortunately yes. I've went outside the mass media because there are things they don't show and it wasn't pleasant what I saw from both sides. I've seen someone getting beaten either close to his death or dead by protesters.

Edited by Nostradamus, 02 June 2020 - 10:38 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users