#1 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:26 PM

Okay, I've always been a Hyugacest fan, but I read a pretty good Neji and Ten-ten story lately, and I was wondering, is there any proof of that couple in the manga? I always thought Lee and Ten-ten stood out more of a possible couple, but NejiXTen-ten seems interesting, so I'm wondering if it's possible... does anyone know of some chapters I could re-read? Or is there none? unsure.gif

#2 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:54 AM

Well, technically it's mostly speculation and possible one-sided idolizing from Tenten's point of view about the stoic Hyuuga prodigy. Stuff like the Chuunin exam where she gives a blow-by-blow thought of Neji's capabilities.
There's seriously not much to work with there, but the possibilities are cute.

#3 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:57 AM

i can see it happening...

#4 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (MonkeysTotallyRock @ May 15 2006, 03:57 AM)
i can see it happening...

I've always thought she had a thing for Lee. She seemed to get pretty upset when he was drooling over Sakura when they first met. Plus, she seems to worry about him more. Not to mention episode i think it was 150, when she was dreamily gazing at him practicing.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#5 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:31 AM

Personally, I thought she might've been holding a torch for Neji, which to me, was confirmed at the point she asks him to do something... I think it was train or to go somewhere with her, and he replies with how he's busy.
Then go right to pre-time jump and she's watching Lee train was the time I figured she'd switched over to Lee.

*shrugs* We've seen nothing of any of this post-time jump, so it's all really open to interpretation until Kishimoto says otherwise.

#6 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (Vespar @ May 14 2006, 10:31 PM)
Personally, I thought she might've been holding a torch for Neji, which to me, was confirmed at the point she asks him to do something... I think it was train or to go somewhere with her, and he replies with how he's busy.

Wasn't that the day Tsunade arrived, and Tenten wanted to go see her in person, but Neji was all "Not interested"?

And yeah, she was totally checking out Lee while he was training. The lingering on her adoring expression seemed to be making a point of it (well, to me, anyway).

#7 Annethy

Annethy

CURSE YOU VLADCARD

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:whatever i wanna be interested in!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:59 AM

though i have no proof i feel like showing.... tenten and lee...

#8 neji_is_fabulous

neji_is_fabulous

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Ummmm....NEJI!!! Naruto, Angel Sanctuary, apple sauce,The O.C., Anime Conventions....

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:10 PM

I can see Ten-ten and neji...although I want Neji a_squish.gif *realizes Neji isn't real and cries* :shamefulcry0js: but I'll let Ten-ten take over since I'm not an anime person*cries again* :shamefulcry0js:

#9 cherry_bubblegum

cherry_bubblegum

LeeTen! W00t!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Anime, FFXII, anything Japanese(minus the food), drawing

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

Ya, there's not much proof for Neji and Ten-ten OR Ten-ten and Lee honestly.But there all minor characters, so I guess that's to be expected...

Then go right to pre-time jump and she's watching Lee train was the time I figured she'd switched over to Lee.

That's intersting, I've never noticed that before! Still, I'm more of a Lee and Ten-ten fan sweatdrop.gif

#10 Fainaru

Fainaru

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

I never really hated NejiTenTen but I didn't like it either. I prefer NejixMirror LMFAO. But yeah I dunno as much as I like Neji, I don't really like seeing him with anyone else heh heh heh. But couple-wise, a NxT fan would go all over them and say how well they match: They're both strong, and Tenten isn't like the other girl chars.

#11 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:07 PM

There isn't enough interaction between Tenten and anyone to give more than the vaguest of hints.

She does ask him about training, but I think that was anime-only. I know that when she asked him to see Tsunade's swearing in was only from the anime. And she also gets all fangirly about him during his match with Naruto.

OTOH, she also seemed a bit annoyed about Lee's attraction to Sakura (not that there might be other reasons to be annoyed when around Lee tongue.gif ). The way that she woke him up was kinda cute in the Ranma/Akane sorta way and she seemed to be fangirling about him right before the timeskip.

She also thought that Sasuke was kinda cute, but she didn't get enough screentime to be annoying about it. He's about as likely as anyone else (in terms of her interest in somebody, but on Sasuke's side, I think he has much better odds of dying bravely or getting Sakura).

#12 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ May 15 2006, 02:07 PM)
I know that when she asked him to see Tsunade's swearing in was only from the anime.

No, that was in chapter 172 as well.

And I think every kunoichi under the age of 18 (except Hinata, as it must be stressed how she Really Likes Naruto) is obligated by contract to express some degree of interest in Sasuke. Whether it's as mouth-frothing obsession (Sakura and Ino) or a more casual kind of "Hey hey," as Tenten and Temari do.

#13 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (surlymoogle @ May 15 2006, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ May 15 2006, 02:07 PM)
I know that when she asked him to see Tsunade's swearing in was only from the anime.

No, that was in chapter 172 as well.

And I think every kunoichi under the age of 18 (except Hinata, as it must be stressed how she Really Likes Naruto) is obligated by contract to express some degree of interest in Sasuke. Whether it's as mouth-frothing obsession (Sakura and Ino) or a more casual kind of "Hey hey," as Tenten and Temari do.

No! I said I knew it. biggrin.gif

Maybe it was the training scene then. Or maybe they were both there and I just forgot.

#14 Darts

Darts

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, gaming, anime (of course), horror movies, industrialmusic, clubbing, my fat cats.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 03:26 AM

ANYONE BUT TENTEN. Neji is too cool to end up with a boring character such as her. I think if they ended up together, he would overshadow her in everything.

Who deserves Neji ? Hum, right now... NO ONE !

#15 Raiya

Raiya

Rogue Shinobi

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:45 AM

A character as boring as Tenten? She doesn't get enough exposure for anyone to make that assumption.

Personally I like the NejxTen pairing, based on appearances solely I think it's cute. Even if TenTen isn't horribly strong and Neji would outshine her, I think it would suit him to be with someone like that. But it's just my opinion; as I said, we haven't seen enough of her to actually get a good judge of her character.

#16 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:53 PM

I havent seen much in the way of nejiten. But i have scene more in the way of leeten. HYUGACEST BABY!!!

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#17 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:42 AM

I see the romantic scene in Naruto as having only a few 'solidly founded' (at least on one side) for romantic scenarios, and Tenten and Neji are not part of any of them.

NaruSaku has a foundation.
So does LeeSaku.
So does (bleh) Sasusaku.
So does (double bleh) NaruHina.
Then there's AsumaKuranei, which is as good as confirmed.
InoSasu also has a foundation, though I think a lot of people forget about it. Heck, she liked Sasu FIRST.
ShikaTem is fairly solidly founded, too... (although ShikaIno could peak in, still, but I think more recent material has Ino showing some very slight interest in Chouji. I don't particularly have a clue where Ino will finally end up with)

I think that SasuSaku and InoSasu are both doomed, simply because they both promised they wouldn't lose Sasuke to the other... so they both lose him to something else, and not to each other. There is a foundation for it, though.

I favor KibaHina, and think there's some foundation for it in the way Kiba treats Hinata, but I know a lot of others who don't see it that way and don't really feel up to defending it as a solidly founded possible.

Likewise, a lot of people see NejiHina as solidly founded in canon when I simply cannot see it, but I won't begrudge them their opinion until and unless the canon says otherwise.

I think there might be some intended KonohamaruMoegi hints (I recall a few scenes during the SandSound war where he has his arm around her protectively\comfortingly... although that might be just the anime. Too lazy to check at the moment), but... well, even in part two they're too young for it to amount to anything, and they're both such minor characters it's possible that they'll never be resolved even if this manga does go on to the next generation like Kishimoto once claimed he intended it to.

There SHOULD be JiraiyaTsunade foundation, considering the various legends upon which the Naruto series is based, but there isn't. Makes me wonder if there's more to that story that will come up later in the manga.

Which leaves Neji, Tenten, Shino, Gaara, and a few others as completely unattached, and Ino, Hina, Lee, Sasuke, and maybe one or two of the others I mentioned who have little chance with the person their current foundation supports. The problem is... there's about two male characters for every female character in the series, so... well, there's a LOT of chances for romantic triangles, jealousy, lovers quarrels, and so on. Which is partly why I don't support NejiHina -- Hinata's one of the few girls in the series, why have her marry a relative when we could have the only solid sibling-like foundation (since Gaara kinda made the Sand sibling trio relationship a bit... awkward and not so... um, siblingy? (I want to say brotherly, but... well, it doesn't seem quite right)) in the series with them while she marries someone outside of it?

But there's no canon pairings of any sort, yet... except, perhaps, AsumaKurenei, who kinda sorta didn't deny that they were dating when asked.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#18 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:51 AM

One nice LAP desaix. Long read.
Just wondering though, how did gaara make it more than sibly love?
Just curious.
And as for losing sasuke, they'll lose him to either an OC, or to the darkness.

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#19 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:59 AM

I think I might have phrased that badly. I didn't mean that the Sand trio had 'more than sibling love,' but rather that they didn't have the kind of relationship that comes with sibling love. Rather, it seems more like they just... get along, but I don't exactly see Gaara giving a 'so you want to date my sister, eh?' type of speech to Shikamaru, the way I could see Neji giving one to whoever Hinata winds up dating.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#20 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ May 16 2006, 11:42 PM)
I favor KibaHina, and think there's some foundation for it in the way Kiba treats Hinata, but I know a lot of others who don't see it that way and don't really feel up to defending it as a solidly founded possible.

Likewise, a lot of people see NejiHina as solidly founded in canon when I simply cannot see it, but I won't begrudge them their opinion until and unless the canon says otherwise.

I've argued for NejiHina a bunch, but I don't see it as solidly founded. I think there's some support for it, but some of it is speculation about the politics of Konoha and the Hyuugas.

I can also see some canon support for KibaHina, but I think it's similarly sketchy.

I'd be hard pressed to say that either one is more solid or likely than the other. Or rather, I've said both on different occasions so it's better to say that I'm having a hard time being sure about either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users