149 replies to this topic

#21 Daidoji_Tangen

Daidoji_Tangen

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

I had a huge post. And as I was almost done, I went deleate a misspelling. For some reason my entire post decided to highlight itself and deleated. So, this is my second attempt. Parts of it probaly won't be as long or as flowery. Sorry.

QUOTE (ChibiChan @ Aug 16 2007, 03:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.) Parade by Chaba smile.gif This one's cute. It foreshadows Sakura's upcoming fondness of Naruto....(And I HATE having to argue on Youtube with the mafia of SasuSakuers that say that it's all Sasuke oriented! 111193.gif)

3.) Naruto's homecoming! Man, he was so close....if he just said it right and had enough money to top it off with a date, we could be rightfully pwning some NaruHina/SasuSakuers as we speak... arg.gif Still cute nonetheless though!

2. Honestly, I thought it was SasuSaku too. Though after reading these posts and rewatching, I've come to the conclusion that it was specifically made so that it can be used by pairing with Sakura in it.

It's not a bad thing. It's a beautiful credit scene. And it's nice that fans from either side (not to mention those of lesser represented pairing like LeeSaku, SakuIno, ect.) can enjoy it.

3. Just point out that the animator's took alot of liberities. In the manga (ie cannon), she did go on that date with him. That's where he actually ran into Shikmaru and Temari.

Anyways, my favorite scene is:

I'm going to cheat and put two.

The first is when Sakura threw herself at the Kyuubi. That look of despair and he pleading with the Kyuubified Naruto and telling him SHE'LL bring Sasuke back for HIM simply broke my heart. Part II had me becoming increasingly sympathetic towards NaruSaku, but this is the scene that made me a fan. The other parts -Sakura's reflections on Naruto, her wanting to learn Yamato's jutsu and being told it's her feelings that will matter, her joy at Naruto waking up - are all perfect.

I truely love this scene though there is one I love more. But the fact that I can say Chapter 296, page 7, the middle-left panel is the exact moment I became a NaruSaku fan makes this scene worthy of at least an honorable mention.

My favorite NaruSaku moment ironically happens before that scene. It is........... *drum rolls* .................. The Renewal of the Promise of a Lifetime Scene. To me it is just a beautiful scene that illistrated what a healthy relationship should be.

When Naruto and Sakura first see each other, Sakura has a sort of shocked sadness while Naruto can't even look at her. He begins to apologize, while she fakes cheerfullness.

After his second apology and Sakura's continued selective hearing, he shouts out that he will keep his promise. For Sakura, he pushes aside his own dispair - from both losing Sasuke, and breaking the promise - continue on with the promise. He no only refusing to give into the sadness, he refuses to let that promise to be broken, for her.

Sakura, looking away from Naruto, tries to releive him of his promise, accepting Sasuke is gone forever.

But Naruto doesn't accept that. He shows his true strength and tells her what she's heard tons of times by now. That he doesn't back down. He always keeps his word.

She turns to him with a mix of dread and horror of what she knows she will see. Then we see her eye really looking at Naruto, which she has tried to avoid doing so far. She connects each word she said with each injury Naruto has. She sees the lengths that he will go for her. She sees that even after this, he will keep his promise to her. And she smiles and walks away.

She smiles because she feels comforted by Naruto's words and hope is reborn that maybe Sasuke isn't gone forever. But she leaves because she realizes she needs to do something. She needs to change. She doesn't want Naruto to go alone. She will be with him next time.

This scene represents some of the best qualities in a healthy relationship. Naruto drawing his courage from his feelings for her, and becoming a source of strength for Sakura despite his own pain.

And Sakura deciding to change, not because Naruto wants her too. But because what he's done for her wants her to become a better person.

It beats the actual Promise for me because:

1. I feel that was largely one sided even if Sakura realized she's been wrong about Naruto this whole time.

and

2. Naruto hadn't realized how far Sasuke had gone and was entirely confident he would bring him back. But during the renewal, he knew just how far he had gone and wasn't so confident anymore. But, for Sakura, he trudged through his dispair.

#22 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:22 PM

I'm suprised no one has mentioned this:

When Sakura sheds a tear looking at her picture of Team 7 and it transitions to Naruto seeing a shooting star and makes a wish. I can't pretend to know what Naruto's thinking but I'd bet my life it has to do with Sakura.

uc.png

#23 narutokage

narutokage

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Interests:I like to play sports: tennis, cricket, swimming, soccer, ping pong, basketball, squash, volleyball, badminton and most of all love to do martial arts. <br /><br />I am a black belt in taekwondo, orange belt in Karate. I have also done a little bit of judo and kick boxing.<br /><br />I also love reading. It is my favorite past time hobby next to all the others listed above. Due to the large amount of materials that I have read I have a lot of trouble writing my own fanfic since the ideas to make it different keeps coming to mind. I haven't submitted a single fanfic but I am writing an ongoing fic regarding Naruto which I hope to put online for others to read.<br /><br />I also like watching anime and reading manga and have been a fan since day one. (except for the fillers part ... But I still watched each and everyone)<br /><br />I have always liked Naruto and Sakura's pairing and I say make them a cannon couple --> this part is exclusively for Kishimoto-san.

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (Daidoji_Tangen @ Oct 2 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a huge post. And as I was almost done, I went deleate a misspelling. For some reason my entire post decided to highlight itself and deleated. So, this is my second attempt. Parts of it probaly won't be as long or as flowery. Sorry.
2. Honestly, I thought it was SasuSaku too. Though after reading these posts and rewatching, I've come to the conclusion that it was specifically made so that it can be used by pairing with Sakura in it.

It's not a bad thing. It's a beautiful credit scene. And it's nice that fans from either side (not to mention those of lesser represented pairing like LeeSaku, SakuIno, ect.) can enjoy it.

3. Just point out that the animator's took alot of liberities. In the manga (ie cannon), she did go on that date with him. That's where he actually ran into Shikmaru and Temari.

Anyways, my favorite scene is:

I'm going to cheat and put two.

The first is when Sakura threw herself at the Kyuubi. That look of despair and he pleading with the Kyuubified Naruto and telling him SHE'LL bring Sasuke back for HIM simply broke my heart. Part II had me becoming increasingly sympathetic towards NaruSaku, but this is the scene that made me a fan. The other parts -Sakura's reflections on Naruto, her wanting to learn Yamato's jutsu and being told it's her feelings that will matter, her joy at Naruto waking up - are all perfect.

I truely love this scene though there is one I love more. But the fact that I can say Chapter 296, page 7, the middle-left panel is the exact moment I became a NaruSaku fan makes this scene worthy of at least an honorable mention.

My favorite NaruSaku moment ironically happens before that scene. It is........... *drum rolls* .................. The Renewal of the Promise of a Lifetime Scene. To me it is just a beautiful scene that illistrated what a healthy relationship should be.

When Naruto and Sakura first see each other, Sakura has a sort of shocked sadness while Naruto can't even look at her. He begins to apologize, while she fakes cheerfullness.

After his second apology and Sakura's continued selective hearing, he shouts out that he will keep his promise. For Sakura, he pushes aside his own dispair - from both losing Sasuke, and breaking the promise - continue on with the promise. He no only refusing to give into the sadness, he refuses to let that promise to be broken, for her.

Sakura, looking away from Naruto, tries to releive him of his promise, accepting Sasuke is gone forever.

But Naruto doesn't accept that. He shows his true strength and tells her what she's heard tons of times by now. That he doesn't back down. He always keeps his word.

She turns to him with a mix of dread and horror of what she knows she will see. Then we see her eye really looking at Naruto, which she has tried to avoid doing so far. She connects each word she said with each injury Naruto has. She sees the lengths that he will go for her. She sees that even after this, he will keep his promise to her. And she smiles and walks away.

She smiles because she feels comforted by Naruto's words and hope is reborn that maybe Sasuke isn't gone forever. But she leaves because she realizes she needs to do something. She needs to change. She doesn't want Naruto to go alone. She will be with him next time.

This scene represents some of the best qualities in a healthy relationship. Naruto drawing his courage from his feelings for her, and becoming a source of strength for Sakura despite his own pain.

And Sakura deciding to change, not because Naruto wants her too. But because what he's done for her wants her to become a better person.

It beats the actual Promise for me because:

1. I feel that was largely one sided even if Sakura realized she's been wrong about Naruto this whole time.

and

2. Naruto hadn't realized how far Sasuke had gone and was entirely confident he would bring him back. But during the renewal, he knew just how far he had gone and wasn't so confident anymore. But, for Sakura, he trudged through his dispair.

You know, you have mentioned some of the best and very powerful scenes from the manga not just because it shows naruto and Sakura but because all of these scenes are decisive about certain things in their own right. Their end result seems to be related to change and how strong people can be with the right attitude, also the whole thing about how important it is to have friends in your life. They don't necessarily have to be boyfriends or the type but people who you can trust and feel comfortable with, its such a vague yet necessary part of life.

I liked the way how you described the hospital scene when Sakura saw Naruto for the first time after Sasuke's failed retrieval. It was such a powerful chapter and invoked emotions among the reader that they might not have a hard time understand. There are always times when people feel down or lost and it feels great if you have someone with you to talk it through. they become your pillar of support and provide you with the strength to do whatever needs to be done. Thats what NaruSaku is about for me, two people who are very comfortable with who they are and actually invoke positive emotions among the other person. Naruto and Sakura are both source of inspiration for each other. Sakura takes strength from Naruto due to his personality and never give up attitude and Naruto appreciates Sakura when she takes charge, heck I would say he loves it when Sakura shows what she has learned int he 2.5 years. How can we forget the scene when she smashed the ground with her fist during the bell test in part II, remember Naruto's expression, it was awe mixed with a little bit of love from his side.

And who could forget the scene when Sakura heals Kankurou and is handling the medical things and Naruto has the "Sakura chan you are so cool," moment. Thats why I like Naruto and Sakura together, you see these things and they both appreciate each other, it amazing to watch and read.

#24 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:10 PM

I actually like the Promise of Lifetime moment and the 1 after Meeting Sasuke post Time-skip. you know, the 1 where Sakura told Naruto not to cry although she's crying herself.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#25 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

Hmm, my favourites would be the Promise of a Lifetime scene, the part where Naruto goes 4 tailed and Sakura runs at him and tells him that she will save Sasuke for him. And im sure there are others which im too lazy to write down or remember lol.

#26 Heftyman

Heftyman

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:38 PM

Quick Question:
How is it that the Parade by Chaba wa sinterpreted as a Sasusaku oriented ending? I dun see any hints of Sasuke at all in the ending...=/

#27 MelisaArtemis

MelisaArtemis

*Meow*

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:my boyfriend,Narusaku,Ragnarok, Narusaku, Digimon 03, Narusaku fics, Games. have I mention Narusaku?

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Heftyman @ Oct 16 2007, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quick Question:
How is it that the Parade by Chaba wa sinterpreted as a Sasusaku oriented ending? I dun see any hints of Sasuke at all in the ending...=/

Which 1 is it?

#28 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:13 AM

I know that this has probably been said fifty times over, but the Kyuubi Naruto scene. Sakura amended Naruto's promise to her because she didn't want to see him hurt, incredibly touching moment. happy.gif

#29 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Sqleon @ Nov 3 2007, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that this has probably been said fifty times over, but the Kyuubi Naruto scene. Sakura amended Naruto's promise to her because she didn't want to see him hurt, incredibly touching moment. happy.gif

damn it squiggles buddeh, that was gonna be mine.

alright, ummmmmmmmm

Promise of a lifetime scene

it's what makes things happen
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#30 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:41 AM

I like the part in the manga, where Sakura rushes out to try and stop Naruto in three tail or four tailed form. Pretty touching when she asked whether she could learn the jutsu from Yamato to help.

In anime well, in Naruto shippuden, when Chiyo baasan told them the fate of jinchuuriki if biju was extracted, she cried and said she was worried for Naruto. That was pretty sweet. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#31 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 3 2007, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the part in the manga, where Sakura rushes out to try and stop Naruto in three tail or four tailed form. Pretty touching when she asked whether she could learn the jutsu from Yamato to help.

In anime well, in Naruto shippuden, when Chiyo baasan told them the fate of jinchuuriki if biju was extracted, she cried and said she was worried for Naruto. That was pretty sweet. XD

I think those are really everyones favorite scenes until Kishi strike another because they havent had another moment since the time Sakura tried to feed Naruto but Sai interupts the moment and the discovery that everyone in orignal Team 7 (except Sasuke) are perverts.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#32 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Heftyman @ Oct 15 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quick Question:

Supposedly, the images that flicker across the leaf from 00:23 to 00:26 are scenes of Sasuke or his leaving. Also, the figure that Sakura touches before she wakes up "has to be Sasuke because she still loves him". Maybe if I can get the video in HD-DVD quality on a big screen HDTV watching it frame by frame, I can make out Sasuke during that 3 second frame, but watching a fansub, can't make it out.

#33 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:27 AM

Well, Naruto manga really is shounen, not focusing on Romance, so the moments are pretty rare....

#34 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:29 AM

Yeah. But we treasure whatever we happen to get smile.gif

#35 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:33 AM

Indeed, and really, we can look at small stuff like those fun moments where they tease each other, though short, they can be just as important in their building relationship. XD

#36 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

Well I loved all those moments you mentioned but it strickes me odd that you forget, imo the first and one of the cutesest moments in narusaku.
The moment is at the start of the series when Sakura is day-dreaming about Sauske who tells her that her forehead is cute. secs later Naruto comes (who is disguised as Sauske) and tells her the very thing she dremt about.
I find this moment, although comical, real cute and says what will further be inforced in the series is that Naruto does understand Sakura and even loves in her the things she consider as her faults.

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#37 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:55 PM

I love them all, don't make me choose :'(

-Brings out pistol.- I mean it <;'

#38 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Nov 17 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love them all, don't make me choose :'(
-Brings out pistol.- I mean it <;'

.....I have no idea what to do with you newbs.

But yeah, i reckon the coming scene where Naruto and Sakura meets Sasuke should clear the 'feelings' up. NARUSAKU time. XD

#39 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 18 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....I have no idea what to do with you newbs.

But yeah, i reckon the coming scene where Naruto and Sakura meets Sasuke should clear the 'feelings' up. NARUSAKU time. XD

:] narusakuct7.gif

#40 Iden

Iden

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

It's quite hard for me to make a decision on my favorite NaruSaku moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users