#41 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hmm, the only way to call it official is when it shows in the manga, narusaku is only at the plausible level.

#42 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

well we know for sure now that sakura loves naruto -- during that chapter when she was healing him. forgot # ''^^ sorry.

#43 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

ohhhhhh i wish we could call it official well we really can't being that we really don't know the nature of sakuras feelings for naruto but we do know that she has them.

2z3z1wm.gif

#44 naruto_don

naruto_don

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

it would be so kool if they do realise their relationship in the manga, I can see it now, naruto nearly dead and sakura giving him mouth to mouth, u can guess what could happen from there tongue.gif

#45 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

uhhhhhhhhh yeah i can see that happening but i can also see it another way sakura runs over to naruto starts cry her tears heal his body and then they kiss, most people see that happening too.

2z3z1wm.gif

#46 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

I wouldn't say NaruSaku is a guaranteed thing yet but it is highly likely to happen at the moment. Right now NaruSaku is getting more and more steam as the series progresses while SasuSaku is now losing steam or not gaining any new steam.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#47 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:09 PM

Well if NaruSaku were to happen I always believe it happen during a tragic event since that's where most of their important & real moments occurs.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#48 Sayaka-sama

Sayaka-sama

aka Gai-yaka

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I have a few hobbies... *snerk*

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (naruto_don @ Jul 30 2006, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it would be so kool if they do realise their relationship in the manga, I can see it now, naruto nearly dead and sakura giving him mouth to mouth, u can guess what could happen from there tongue.gif

Lol. The possibilities are endless, I suppose. That would probably escalate into one VERY steamy scene. *evil laugh* :devil:

However, it's likely something will happen between Naruto and Sakura soon. Kishimoto stated in a recent interview with Shounen Jump that he wants to incorporate some romance into Part II.

Huzzah! a_dance.gif

Special thx to themadpoker at the LJ community for this!
My Family Tree
Forum Sweetheart - MonkeysTotallyRock

#49 Vivi

Vivi

Dr. Snakes

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

I doubt Kishimoto would draw anything like THAT. It's rated Teen, remember? (And Naruto's pretty tame compared to others) But SasuSakudoes have a very unlikely chance of happening.

#50 MTEk

MTEk

Legendary Highway Star

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Hinata-chan @ Jul 30 2006, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But SasuSakudoes have a very unlikely chance of happening.

if it does happen, it's the end of the world! :o

#51 alphabet

alphabet

dumpling-buns

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:...

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Well, NaruSaku is far from being a sure bet and the possibility of SasuSaku will only die when one of them does. So setting yourself up by insisting blankxblank is omg super mecha canon this early is setting yourself up for a fall later. Remember how people used to be sure that Shikamaru/Ino was being foreshadowed?

Anyways. Point is that as far as popularity goes, SasuSaku does seem to be waning while NaruSaku is gaining more and more members. And for good reason, I think. The SasuSaku relationship has been at a stand-still since, well, quite early on. 8B As long as NaruSaku continues growing as it is, I think that we won't have much to worry about. *crosses fingers*
Posted Image

#52 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

Well check this out ya! Right here is a topic saying that NaruSaku indicate sibling relationship http://z7.invisionfr...p?showtopic=493] what's your input on this manner?
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#53 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

oh ok interesting i just take this as another obstacle before they actually get together ya see.

2z3z1wm.gif

#54 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:45 AM

While debating SS & NH you'll find that you're stuck on part 1, though they show hints but now has faded with Sasuke's deflection & Hinata's lack of appearance. Making NS the right candidates since the start of part 2 due the develop growth between the two. If there's any real competition right now can SaiSaku though I really doubt that coupling could happen though.

#55 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jul 31 2006, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well check this out ya! Right here is a topic saying that NaruSaku indicate sibling relationship http://z7.invisionfr...p?showtopic=493] what's your input on this manner?

*shrugs* real life and anime are 2 different things. Naruto being a Shonen manga, and trying to introduce some romantic comedy into it, pretty much result in Naruto and Sakuras current relationship playing out like this 'sibling love relationship'. Does that mean that the NaruXSaku relationship is intended to be a sibling one? I don't think so.

Again, this whole situation is a anime cliche. Naruto is the main character of this story. His crush/love interest, hated/ignored him at the begining of the story, has a crush on someone else that never coalesced into anything serious, and she gradually turned to like him as a best friend, possibly more (this much is irrefutable). This whole aspect of the story has been a backdrop throughout the whole series. (Another fact)

Now take a step outside the World of Naruto, and remember that this is a MANGA. A manga with a creator that does things in a story for a deliberate purpose, and has little space to fool around, because alloted pages are limited. Said artist also has an editorial staff of the magazines this manga is published in. Editors who have a tried and true method of storylines, plot twists and hooks that REALLY SELL.

Now, put yourself in their position. Knowing that you've spent a lot of time in developing the relationship of Naruto and Sakura, knowing your editors know that a 'get the girl who thought she hated you' plot arc sells well, would you even THINK about making the relationship between your MAIN character, and one of the BIGGEST supporting characters a sibling one? And leave it at that? After all the time and development? I don't think so.

This is why I say that NaruXSaku is all but official. This is a plot device that finds it's parallel in PLENTY of popular anime. If you're looking for one of the most prominent, I'd recommend Ken Akamatsu's Love Hina. Damn good series. And it's something you find in all genres. Hell, even Neon Genesis Evangelion did it with Shinji and Asuka (that's up to interpretation, but what ISN'T in Eva?). If memory serves, Even Dragonball did it slightly. I don't think ChiChi liked Goku at first, and I KNOW Bulma didn't like Yamcha OR Vegeta for a LONG time after they met. I've been predicting it since Vol. 1, but mark my words now. NaruXSaku is GONNA happen. whether it ends happily or tragically, that is the pairing for this series. Naruto may end up having foreshadowed his own death by saying he wanted his name on the memorial tablet, but before Sakura runs to Sasuke, we'll already know that her heart is with Naruto.

SasukeXSakura is DONE, never really was to begin with, and is not coming back, but as an afterthought in an epilogue of the series, IF THAT. Mark my words.

#56 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Silent Shinobi @ Aug 1 2006, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hopestar @ Jul 31 2006, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*shrugs* real life and anime are 2 different things. Naruto being a Shonen manga, and trying to introduce some romantic comedy into it, pretty much result in Naruto and Sakuras current relationship playing out like this 'sibling love relationship'. Does that mean that the NaruXSaku relationship is intended to be a sibling one? I don't think so.

Again, this whole situation is a anime cliche. Naruto is the main character of this story. His crush/love interest, hated/ignored him at the begining of the story, has a crush on someone else that never coalesced into anything serious, and she gradually turned to like him as a best friend, possibly more (this much is irrefutable). This whole aspect of the story has been a backdrop throughout the whole series. (Another fact)

Now take a step outside the World of Naruto, and remember that this is a MANGA. A manga with a creator that does things in a story for a deliberate purpose, and has little space to fool around, because alloted pages are limited. Said artist also has an editorial staff of the magazines this manga is published in. Editors who have a tried and true method of storylines, plot twists and hooks that REALLY SELL.

Now, put yourself in their position. Knowing that you've spent a lot of time in developing the relationship of Naruto and Sakura, knowing your editors know that a 'get the girl who thought she hated you' plot arc sells well, would you even THINK about making the relationship between your MAIN character, and one of the BIGGEST supporting characters a sibling one? And leave it at that? After all the time and development? I don't think so.

This is why I say that NaruXSaku is all but official. This is a plot device that finds it's parallel in PLENTY of popular anime. If you're looking for one of the most prominent, I'd recommend Ken Akamatsu's Love Hina. Damn good series. And it's something you find in all genres. Hell, even Neon Genesis Evangelion did it with Shinji and Asuka (that's up to interpretation, but what ISN'T in Eva?). If memory serves, Even Dragonball did it slightly. I don't think ChiChi liked Goku at first, and I KNOW Bulma didn't like Yamcha OR Vegeta for a LONG time after they met. I've been predicting it since Vol. 1, but mark my words now. NaruXSaku is GONNA happen. whether it ends happily or tragically, that is the pairing for this series. Naruto may end up having foreshadowed his own death by saying he wanted his name on the memorial tablet, but before Sakura runs to Sasuke, we'll already know that her heart is with Naruto.

SasukeXSakura is DONE, never really was to begin with, and is not coming back, but as an afterthought in an epilogue of the series, IF THAT. Mark my words.

Perfectly said Silent and that's true when you look at it. Naruto & Sakura's relationship has grown a big deal and its possible that they may eventually become a couple after all Kishi did say he's including romance in part 2. Many people are still hanging on SS &NH which is beyond me because they are pretty much dead right now, but that what happens in the case of denial. Besides they almost kiss (though that wouldn't count because Naruto was henge as Sasuke) and both Sai & Yamato had made their points onto the two relationship where as feelings is concern though both were interupted by Naruto. :yinyang:

#57 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

Man SS is dead and buried 6 feet under the ground. It's dead since Sasuke nearly killed Sakura. NH is dead. Why? No interaction. Finito.
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#58 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:27 PM

[/quote]QUOTE (Spork Ninja)
And about the classic shonen romance, the thing NaruSaku lacks from being a classic shonen romance is the buildup and romantic tension. In most shonen anime, you have a guy and a girl...and usually on both sides, the guy and the girl pretend to not like each other when in fact, they both secretly have a crush on each other. So they cover it up by arguing and fighting, and blushing when someone mentions their relationship ( *cough* In reality...). And usually the reason a girl beats up a guy in shonen anime is because another girl was flirting with him or visa versa, or he insulted her. Sakura had no good reason to smack Naruto around, the poor kid . The problem with NaruSaku was that from the very beginning, Naruto had a crush on Sakura and that was all. He always liked her, always acknowledged her, and always fought to protect her. His feelings for her did not evolve in any way, unlike the other shonen characters of other anime. While Sakura's feelings for Naruto evolved, her feelings for both Sasuke and Lee evolved likewise ( she cared more about Sasuke than her actual feelings for him, and she grew to respect Lee). There was only one instance where Naruto tried to cover up his feelings for Sakura, but it wasn't by insulting her. Naruto and Sakura's relationship would be cute if they were the arguing couple, but they're not. No romantic tension here. [quote]

What do you guys think of this someone from SS vs. NS found on NF.

#59 Silent Shinobi

Silent Shinobi

Tatsumaru of the Cloud

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:07 PM

LOL, NaruSaku is a 'cliche anime romance', not a 'classic shonen' one. As subtle as the difference is, there is a difference. And the feelings of the male character rarely evolve. Usually in the type of romance described the male character almost always feels that way nigh near the beginning. It's all about willingness to express it.

Ranma had a problem expressing his real feelings. Naruto does not; he wears his heart on his sleeve. That is why the 'arguing couple' really isn't an option here.

#60 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

One thing is that it depends on the main character really. If the main character is meant to be funny most of the time then making his romance funny a good chunk of the time is bound to happen.

Naruto himself is the humorous character type most of the time in the manga so expect his romance to have humor in it. You just don't get any humor with NaruHina really so it tends to go against the type of character Naruto is. In combination with the lack of buildup between Naruto and Hinata it tends to make the chances of that relationship happening much smaller.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users