271 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Basically as much as we love NaruSaku, there is one thing we obviously need to look at, in a very logical way. If NaruSaku happens, what are possible fates for Hinata (no killing fates, we lost Neji I don't think Kishi would kill off Hinata now that one Hyuga died).

Basically, in the same way we see what may happen to Sakura if Naruhina or SasuSaku occurred, what would an honest fate be for Hinata for Naruto and Sakura to be together, we know the reasons and possibilities for Naruto and Sakura and those against Naruto and Hinata but still something needs to happen with Hinata, she cannot be left still loving Naruto in this case.

I'm asking this question because even though she is a minor character with minimal accomplishments and her contributions and development in the story have been rushed and crammed for most purposes, people still enjoy her in unhealthy proportions especially in the non-canon sector.

Now this question struck me as interesting because Hinata has a lot to do in order to suddenly become more important and just insert herself into Naruto's priorities and suddenly be more important than Sakura. Obviously right now we do not know where Kishi will go, he can make Hinata marry Shikamaru for anything, but even in this current state, its going to take much more than hand holding for 5 secs, some motivational speech, deflecting one attack from the ten tails (rather than do any effort like the Nara and Amachiki clans) and fixing a dislocated shoulder to suddenly give her a high role of importance, yes we are all sick of these times when Hinata literally just "Springs Up" into the action and gets put on a high pedistal, I mean if character development had meters, many of them we see aside from team 7 (sai and yamato included) have had significant development, I mean team 10, Gaara, Tsunade, Bee, Lee, Itachi, and so on have had steady and stable development. These guys were in at least 2 or more situations and displayed the development they needed when faced with issues around their characters yet Hinata just comes in once every 50 chapters or so and suddenly just shoots up all at once with less consistency and gradual development.

But why I am asking this is because even after playing UNS3 and one of 2 major request events in the game, it means nothing pairing wise or by its difficulty but obviously Hinata's character cannot just vanish into the background like most of us want her to at times. Yes we are sick of being force fed Hinata and want to see our heroes (and one current anti-hero) the members of team 7. But what I am saying is, from UNS3 this one event though its non-canon fanservice, Kishi needs to stash Hinata somewhere for final development if he sticks to Sakura (because he should laugh.gif ).

In my opinion, I see what many others have thought of, if NaruSaku occurs, it does retain the story, no damage, Sakura matures over Sasuke, comes to terms with her feelings for Naruto, Naruto knows she means it this time, Sasuke returns but as their friend, Sakura is happy he fulfilled the promise and both Naruto and Sakura feel comfortable with each other, such an easy way to sum it up and it has no damage to the story, we can see Sakura getting over Sasuke in the near future if she really can overcome her idealistic crush.

As for Hinata, she forges her own path (finally she becomes an independent character only in the last 10th of the story!) Not literally taking the quit chasing you line, but if Hinata should have learned anything by now, its that she needs her own sense of development away from Naruto. Sakura developed in her own way a few times without Naruto and even gave him stuff to grow on in return. Hinata is easily summed up as a one way leech for character development, she cannot do anything without Naruto, that's what we see Hinata needing to do. Not to mention does she still not understand how Naruto feels about Sakura, even his issues with Sasuke?

This is why NaruHina fans get a bit annoying a times saying Hinata's confession and Sakura's confession opened the path to NaruHina and killed NaruSaku, if it did, it would again be too easy, short, convenient, not a relation built on time, experience, and mutual growth. Also again too much story damage and throwing out logic when it comes to how Naruto treats Sakura (by no longer loving her or forgiving her) yet still treats others who have done so much harm and damage like Nagato, Gaara, and even Kurama like all they did was nothing. Again from another post, he is okay being friendly and forgiving once deadly and ruthless people who did some of the worst and most evil stuff in the series yet won't forgive Sakura, one of his friends for a simple lie. Yeah kitten logic according to most anti-NaruSaku fans.

Even if NaruSaku did not become canon, all Kishi would have proven is that Naruto and Sakura have a better mutual friendship than Naruto and Hinata being in love with each other. So all the majority of development and interaction would only advocate friendship and minimal interaction and hardly any accomplishments and screentime together advocates lovers for life? Its a story yes, but even Kishi needs to keep his characters believeable and rational, not just suddenly going from loving one person (for many plot reasons) to loving another who only had their own goals to focus on rather than trying to do something for the main character. Again Hinata has done practially nothing for Naruto but take a hit and slap him, we know Sakura did more, a lot more.

I say Hinata needs to find something to believe in besides Naruto, just because she said to hold his hand well guess what, it happened so now maybe can she quit stalking him? One other person said many NH fans said that moment was the biggest and that it could have essentially killed itself, you cannot top what is the biggest. We have seen Sakura in a few moments but going from the 4 tails, standing over Sasuke's leaving again, hugging Naruto, and being saved from Sasuke, we have seen Sakura get more events each time and they have displayed much more. I don't think her concern at the 4 tails or being rescued and concerned for Naruto in the eventual fight would be the high marks, we have more to see. Naruto and Sakura will interact again when the focus again is reduced to team 7 not the full war.

Hinata is a side character, if she had her high moment then she is finished, just sticking around till the end of the series. Kishi needs to let her realize to have her own path, not following on Naruto's (seriously following the same path as someone else in my opinion is the cheapest way of making some romance in any series). It would be hard for NH to top itself as one person said, so if it could top itself, would it be able to do it in a way that it still does not elevate Hinata to an area of importance she should not enter? I highly doubt it, if they do manage it, its going to start ruining the importance of Naruto, Team 7, Obito, and those more central to the conflict. Hinata has no purpose here and should never enter it in a million years.

What are some fates you can think of that make sense for Hinata if NaruSaku happened?

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#2 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Hinata goes on to be a strong independent black woman who don't need no man.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#3 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Well Hinata does have one free ticket to more focus and development- the Byakugan.

Canonically, it's supposed to be one of the three great dojutsus alongside the Rinnegan and Sharingan (Kakashi also stated back during the Chunin Exams that it was the possible ancestor of the Sharingan).
Kishi makes it a habit to go back and explain all the connections/references he makes throughout the series, so it's not impossible that he would go back and expand upon the Byakugan's relations to the Sage and so on.
And seeing as how Hinata, with Neji dead, is basically the only major supporting character of the Hyugas left, this expansion could go hand in hand with her development.

There's a whole theory about it over at NarutoBase:
Byakugan's relation to the other Dojutsus
Warning though, the author is a die-hard NaruHina fan (I've debated with him a few times), and in the theory he even finds time to assert a NaruHina/MinaKushi parallel. rolleyes.gif
Still, he brings up some good points, and it's pretty well made overall.

I do think this picture is a rather nice piece of evidence:

Basically, Tobi's mask is supposed to be a mix of the Sharingan's three tomoes, the Rinnegan's ripples, and, get this, the Byakugan's white pupils.

Edited by Baguette, 15 March 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#4 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I think she'll probably become the new leader of the Hyuuga Clan.
I don't really care about Hinata's character, but that's what I see in the futur.
She will have a fiancee, like every rookie, probably an unknown Hyuuga. Same goes for Ino, Kiba, and other side characters.

Neji will be revived by Obito sadly...

#5 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Sojobo @ Mar 15 2013, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she'll probably become the new leader of the Hyuuga Clan.
I don't really care about Hinata's character, but that's what I see in the futur.
She will have a fiancee, like every rookie, probably an unknown Hyuuga. Same goes for Ino, Kiba, and other side characters.

Neji will be revived by Obito sadly...

0_0 obito can revive people?! why didn't he try it on rin?

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#6 Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

I don't know if Hinata will be able to overcome her feelings for Naruto, but I think she will accepted that he doesn't love her in the end.

My bet to her (more like a wish) is that she starts to take seriously her role in her clan. Now that Neji is dead, she should be the one to take the responsibility of being the head of the Hyuugas and honor their clan in his place.

Edited by Tsubaki, 16 March 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Sig by karudoll

#7 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE (merryGOflava @ Mar 15 2013, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
0_0 obito can revive people?! why didn't he try it on rin?

He didn't have the Rinnegan then.

#8 Arachnia

Arachnia

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (zatheko @ Mar 15 2013, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He didn't have the Rinnegan then.

well if he wanted he could get it from pain easy mode:P i mean nagqato was not strong back then,
i think he dident care whats the point of revive her if she could jhust die again in that world at least i think thats how he was thinking back then + he will die if he use rinnegan for that i believe

#9 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Arachnia @ Mar 15 2013, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if he wanted he could get it from pain easy mode:P i mean nagqato was not strong back then,
i think he dident care whats the point of revive her if she could jhust die again in that world at least i think thats how he was thinking back then + he will die if he use rinnegan for that i believe

Actually Nagato died because he spent all of his chakra. If obito was fully loaded he could revive someone and survive imho.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#10 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Mar 15 2013, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif

I think I almost died from the laughter.

#11 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I hope Kishi would at least hint that she'll focus more on herself and her clan rather than her love for Naruto in the future. In part 1, it seemed to me that Kishi was going in the direction of making her stronger for the clan and trying to earn approval from her father and whatnot through the whole hardwork then.

But then part 2 comes around and she seems to be exactly the same as before if not worse. She became 'strong', but even still, not even hours ago in Naruto time, she needed encouragement yet again because she was doubting herself. I guess I just though Kishi would have finished her development sooner in the game and made her a true character outside of romance, but he never really went in that direction. Same for Sakura, he never expanded on her abilities and whatnot, and I just don't feel like there's enough time for anything anymore.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#12 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

She's a side character why should we care?

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 15 March 2013 - 11:02 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#13 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Branden @ Mar 15 2013, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everyone has great ideas on Hinata's fate if SakuNaru is canon, but this right here made my day XD Anyhow I think Hinata's role in the war will allow her father to see that she should be leader of her clan. I think she'll focus on her clans outdated ways before she thinks about settling down.

Edited by Konohakitten, 15 March 2013 - 11:07 PM.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#14 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

Even thou she is a side character the fact that she secretly loved Naruto gave her more attention from fans, which in a way may have influenced a bit the story telling.

But let's say it didn't and Kishi intended from the start this particular development for Hinata. Speaking objectively she wants to be acknowledged and powerful enough to be accepted by her father and clan. Seeing Naruto struggle with similar issues and enjoying his attitude she felt in love with him.

But her love for Naruto is a bit different than other romantic feelings. Those feelings coupled with her personality pushed her more towards being acknowledged by Naruto than trying to form a couple. I mean for me it feels that Hinata is trying more to copy Naruto's attitude and willpower than finding courage to ask him out.

In conclusion, Hinata's development should end with her being acknowledged as a strong person by both her clan, friends and Naruto. And also for her to see herself as equal to Naruto.

#15 Kakashi-Sensei

Kakashi-Sensei

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

I think she will probably end up with Kiba

And if NaruHina happen i think Sakura may end up with Sai

300x300.jpg

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Mar 15 2013, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's a side character why should we care?

Exactly why is there even a thread about this in the first place??? She's not important to the story she can die and nothing will happen that will affect the plot. She doesn't have to end up with no one period.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Baguette

Baguette

だ る い

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 15 2013, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly why is there even a thread about this in the first place??? She's not important to the story she can die and nothing will happen that will affect the plot. She doesn't have to end up with no one period.

What's up with all the hate for Hinata?
And how exactly would it affect the story in a larger scope if Sakura were to die right now?

Edited by Baguette, 16 March 2013 - 02:44 AM.

Star Crossed Lovers

#18 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Mar 16 2013, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She has a very annoying personal conflict that Kishi unnecessary created, or it's more like he should've ended it a long time ago.
Why is Naruto still in her mind 24/7? arg.gif Why does she still doubt herself to the point Naruto has to boost her confidence on the battlefield? arg.gif

Kishi could've left Hinata like he left Tenten, but right now she has too much character conflicts. A side character shouldn't deal with this, yet Kishi's reinforcing it again and again. Or maybe I'm just exxagerating and tired of seeing her? headscratch.gif Hinata's development could serve as a moral lesson though..or people could relate to her story. But her clan is important in the story, I wouldn't mind if she becomes imporant via that.

btw, why does everyone have to end up with someone? ÔO People ship K11 with K11, many of them should just be single or end up with a fodder nin.

Edited by sushi., 16 March 2013 - 02:51 AM.

ナルサク

#19 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Baguette @ Mar 16 2013, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's up with all the hate for Hinata?
And how exactly would it affect the story in a larger scope if Sakura were to die right now?

Easy answer, it would destroy the story. I think i dont have to tell why.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#20 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

hey hey guys even hinata is a minor character she has importance . she has played many important roles in chunin exam in pain arc in this recent war arc. she has influenced naruto too. so stop arguing about her character dont hate her hate nh. i also think that she might end up with kiba. cuz kiba was the one who has been loving her since he was 13. you can notice some jelous feelings from him for naruto when hinata used to say or look at naruto. so i think it would be logical. the leading plan is also good.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users