190 replies to this topic

#21 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Those who are saying that Sakura fell in love with Naruto in part 2 I will say that your all wrong. Re read part 1 again and check every single panel you'll know what I mean. Sakura since part 1 started had subconcious feelings for Naruto she likes him because he was just like her, looking for acknowledgement from everyone especially Sasuke's approval. She knows about rejection too from when she was teased by the kids because of her forehead although not to the same degree of Naruto but at least she understood him a little.

The thing is she didn't realize of those subconcious feelings for him because of her crush for Sasuke, it was blinding her real feelings along with hidding her real self (aka fan girl Sakura) whenever she was near him while with Naruto she didn't had to pretend to be someone else, someone she's not she was her real self (the reflection of inner Sakura). Like strangelove mentioned Sakura wanted to blend in with the crowd in order to be popular and be somebody so she obviously avoided Naruto BUT that doesn't mean she hated him like the adults did, she thought of him as annoying. I am sure if Sasuke was never popular and the girls were't after him Sakura would have start hanging out with Naruto more, even if Ino or her parents will tell her otherwise. She will hang with him in secrecy.

The point is Sakura already started developing romantic feelings for Naruto since part 1. Those feelings started growing little by little as the manga progresses and even when part 2 started her feelings for him were still growing and growing until they become very strong. You can tell by the high level of concern she has shown for Naruto as well as the desire to protect him and defend him, because of Naruto's determination and her growing feelings for him (in addition to her teammate bond for Sasuke) she chose to become strong and help him bring Sasuke back to Konoha. Right now as I speak in the manga her feelings for Naruto are still growing and I'm sure anyone can tell that her behavior around him shows the development of something strong, it's not just a silly fan girl crush but true love.

Edited by Gravenimage, 17 July 2010 - 05:30 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#22 primary colours123

primary colours123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Hey,
I think Sakura has understood her own feelings for a long time. I don't think a specific time can be allotted, but she knows that she cares for Naruto, and that goes much beyond friendship. Her little actions throughout part two have signified that. Moreover, when in 496-497 Yamato was about to discuss her feelings, her face looked like a child caught with her hands in the cookie jar. That simply signifies that either she knew before that, or had realised in that very moment that the feelings she had been having for Naruto should most probably be labeled as love. If I have to point out a particular time, I think that would be it. She had feelings for him since a long time, I think that was the time she realized their depth.
The problem here I find is not Sakura's feelings for Naruto, but Naruto's apparent feelings for Sakura. For the majority of part two, he has not given many indications that he actually wishes to pursue a relationship with her. Least of all to her. So, she is most probably confused about Naruto's feelings, whether he really wants her or not. One might argue, that Sai specifically stated that Naruto loves her. But then, it was Sai, for all she knows, he could've been mistaken. We, the readers, via the flashback, know he was interpreting the things correctly, she doesn't. And moreover, after the guilt trip that Sai sent her on, I don't think she thinks herself to be very worthy of Naruto. These two facts seem to be the reason that she seems reluctant to acknowledge the feelings, even to herself. Hence the hurried confession with all the intents of self sacrifice.
@Mr Gravenimage: I completely agree. She started developing feelings for him in part one itself, though the realisation came much later.
Take care.

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (primary colours123 @ Jul 17 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey,
I think Sakura has understood her own feelings for a long time. I don't think a specific time can be allotted, but she knows that she cares for Naruto, and that goes much beyond friendship. Her little actions throughout part two have signified that. Moreover, when in 496-497 Yamato was about to discuss her feelings, her face looked like a child caught with her hands in the cookie jar. That simply signifies that either she knew before that, or had realised in that very moment that the feelings she had been having for Naruto should most probably be labeled as love. If I have to point out a particular time, I think that would be it. She had feelings for him since a long time, I think that was the time she realized their depth.
The problem here I find is not Sakura's feelings for Naruto, but Naruto's apparent feelings for Sakura. For the majority of part two, he has not given many indications that he actually wishes to pursue a relationship with her. Least of all to her. So, she is most probably confused about Naruto's feelings, whether he really wants her or not. One might argue, that Sai specifically stated that Naruto loves her. But then, it was Sai, for all she knows, he could've been mistaken. We, the readers, via the flashback, know he was interpreting the things correctly, she doesn't. And moreover, after the guilt trip that Sai sent her on, I don't think she thinks herself to be very worthy of Naruto. These two facts seem to be the reason that she seems reluctant to acknowledge the feelings, even to herself. Hence the hurried confession with all the intents of self sacrifice.
@Mr Gravenimage: I completely agree. She started developing feelings for him in part one itself, though the realisation came much later.
Take care.

You made a good point my friend but 496-497 don't you mean 296-297??? sweat.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 17 2010, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those who are saying that Sakura fell in love with Naruto in part 2 I will say that your all wrong.

No offense but you said Sakura doesn't love Naruto but yet you stated she has romantic feelings for him. Same thing if you ask me. err.gif

#25 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 17 2010, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No offense but you said Sakura doesn't love Naruto but yet you stated she has romantic feelings for him. Same thing if you ask me. err.gif

When did I said that Sakura doesn't love Naruto? huh.gif

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#26 narusakuof21

narusakuof21

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

WARNING MEGA SPOILER ALERT ON THIS POST!!!!!!!!

not to be a party killer but when sakura "confessed her love" it was to stop Naruto from keeping his promise to get Sasuke back. She faked the "confession" to protect Naruto but he saw thought it and then learn of Sakura main reason of the fake confesstion from Sai the she is going to kill Sasuke herself and doesnt want to hurt Naruto.

#27 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

When did I said that Sakura doesn't love Naruto? huh.gif

Didn't you say that "those who are saying that Sakura fell in love with Naruto in part 2 I will say that your all wrong"?

headscratch.gif Maybe i'm confused.

QUOTE (narusakuof21 @ Jul 17 2010, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WARNING MEGA SPOILER ALERT ON THIS POST!!!!!!!!

not to be a party killer but when sakura "confessed her love" it was to stop Naruto from keeping his promise to get Sasuke back. She faked the "confession" to protect Naruto but he saw thought it and then learn of Sakura main reason of the fake confesstion from Sai the she is going to kill Sasuke herself and doesnt want to hurt Naruto.

The shouting won't come out of my head. argh1.png I'm just kidding. fu.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 17 July 2010 - 10:08 PM.

#28 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:22 PM

I agree with Gravenimage and Primary Colours123 for what they said about Sakura's feelings, especially the point that Primary Colours made about why Sakura's confession seemed weird. She was probably confused about whether or not Naruto wanted to be in a relationship and after the guilt trip, Sakura might think she's not worthy for Naruto, thus leading to the rushed, awkward, poorly timed confession.

By the way, welcome to the H&E forum Primary Colours123. wave.gif

EDIT: Oh wait, you joined earlier than me. sweatdrop.gif

You still make a good point though. thumbsup.gif

Edited by K9ofChaos, 17 July 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#29 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 17 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm correct, your trying to say that Sakura fell for Naruto before the start of the series? If so, then I agree with you. I have a theory that's been at the back of my mind for quite some time now. You know that scene in the anime where Sakura was like "You'll never guess who I like, it's a secret" and those girls where assuming it was Sasuke and saying how a lot of girls were after him and then Sakura was like "I guess I've got a lot of competition" after that? I think she was probably referring to Naruto but decided to say it was Sasuke so she would fit in with the popular crowd. I'm not sure if this theory is possible since I don't know if that scene was added filler or not so could someone specify if it was filler or not please? Though I still do agree that she may have known Naruto and fallen for him before they were in the academy and before her crush on Sasuke.

What a sweet, interesting take on things! Never thought of that!

I think it Sakura's feelings were building all along. There's no real beginning. She was both annoyed and surprised by him, almost interchangeably. Her adoration of Sasuke was a choice, like turning on a faucet, and based on nothing. Her care for Naruto is based on years and years of friendship and experiences. She couldn't turn that off if she wanted to.

But there is definitely a noticeable difference at the beginning of Part 2. Eh, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. But there is definitely attention/attraction from her, rather her reacting to the goofy things Naruto says in part 1.

As for her confession, I think she wasn't confused as much as she was telling him things she'd never had to put a name on before. Her relationship with Naruto had always been easy and never in doubt. Somewhere along the line though, she had to make a choice to kill Sasuke. Which one was more important to her? Well, it would have to be Naruto. And if she cared about him so much that she would kill her old love, then she must feel even more for Naruto.

I think Graven-chan said it, that she could have easily told him to break off his POAL without confessing love, and then to physically hug him, touch him, explain her depth of feelings...all of this is so he will only hate her a little less once he finds out what she's done.

I think she's not confused, just giving voice to feelings that she's just discovering. That were there all along.

What if it were the other way around, and Naruto was going out to kill Sasuke before he killed her? I can see Naruto doing the same thing, telling her how much he has always loved her. So that when the inevitable does happen — he is killed stopping Sasuke (as she would have been) — then Sakura is left with some understanding. That would make a lovely little fanfic wouldn't it! As would K9's theory! smile.gif

What a great, thought-provoking thread!

#30 primary colours123

primary colours123

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

Hey,
QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 17 2010, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You made a good point my friend but 496-497 don't you mean 296-297??? sweat.gif

Eh.... hehehe sweatdrop.gif . Yeah. I'm not very good with no.s but I mean 296-297.

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 17 2010, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Gravenimage and Primary Colours123 for what they said about Sakura's feelings, especially the point that Primary Colours made about why Sakura's confession seemed weird. She was probably confused about whether or not Naruto wanted to be in a relationship and after the guilt trip, Sakura might think she's not worthy for Naruto, thus leading to the rushed, awkward, poorly timed confession.

By the way, welcome to the H&E forum Primary Colours123. wave.gif

EDIT: Oh wait, you joined earlier than me. sweatdrop.gif

You still make a good point though. thumbsup.gif

th_glomp.gif Thank You for the welcome. I generally stay dormant with brief spurts of action. So really doesn't matter whether I joined earlier.
Glad you guys liked my points though.
Take care.

#31 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jul 17 2010, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What a sweet, interesting take on things! Never thought of that!

I think it Sakura's feelings were building all along. There's no real beginning. She was both annoyed and surprised by him, almost interchangeably. Her adoration of Sasuke was a choice, like turning on a faucet, and based on nothing. Her care for Naruto is based on years and years of friendship and experiences. She couldn't turn that off if she wanted to.

But there is definitely a noticeable difference at the beginning of Part 2. Eh, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that. But there is definitely attention/attraction from her, rather her reacting to the goofy things Naruto says in part 1.

As for her confession, I think she wasn't confused as much as she was telling him things she'd never had to put a name on before. Her relationship with Naruto had always been easy and never in doubt. Somewhere along the line though, she had to make a choice to kill Sasuke. Which one was more important to her? Well, it would have to be Naruto. And if she cared about him so much that she would kill her old love, then she must feel even more for Naruto.

I think Graven-chan said it, that she could have easily told him to break off his POAL without confessing love, and then to physically hug him, touch him, explain her depth of feelings...all of this is so he will only hate her a little less once he finds out what she's done.

I think she's not confused, just giving voice to feelings that she's just discovering. That were there all along.

What if it were the other way around, and Naruto was going out to kill Sasuke before he killed her? I can see Naruto doing the same thing, telling her how much he has always loved her. So that when the inevitable does happen — he is killed stopping Sasuke (as she would have been) — then Sakura is left with some understanding. That would make a lovely little fanfic wouldn't it! As would K9's theory! smile.gif

What a great, thought-provoking thread!

You are correct tricksie-chan I think its only logical to think that there was no need for Sakura to confessed her feelings to Naruto without lying when she could just told him to drop the promise. If she did lied after saying herself that she didn't wanted to make another mistake she will be making a big mistake hurting Naruto's feelings in the process and Kishi will be making his heroine look bad for the public (even if the people already hate her like she was the Devil incarnate).

Sakura:

-Was willing to protect Naruto by killing Sasuke.

-Willing to make him break the promise if it means to change his mind in bringing Sasuke back to the village and ease the burden she gave him.

-Expected Naruto to hate her for killing Sasuke as her punishmen for relying on him too much and for the pain she has caused him.

Sakura believes she deserves to be punish for all the pain she caused Naruto what better way for him to hate her? especially when he hasn't done a thing to her but being a true friend and loyal companion, someone who loves her very much. Someone in this thread mentioned that Sakura may think she's not worthy for Naruto and I believe that person could be right, but this will change if Naruto does tell her that her forehead is pretty and kisess it resolving the bench scene.

Edited by Gravenimage, 18 July 2010 - 03:49 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#32 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (primary colours123 @ Jul 17 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting, but I don't think Naruto's worried about his love to Sakura. Remember the one chapter where Sai asks "Naruto you "like" Sakura don't you?" and "have you told her?" Naruto replies "How can when I can't even keep my promises."

So it's not that Naruto is unsure about his feelings for Sakura. He is insecure that he is not good enough for Sakura. Just as well as Sakura doesn't think she is good enough for Naruto. You said that she might think that Sai might not know about Naruto. Well same could be said about Naruto. He could be just as concerned about Sakura and doesn't understand her emotions.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#33 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 17 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I'm correct, your trying to say that Sakura fell for Naruto before the start of the series? If so, then I agree with you. I have a theory that's been at the back of my mind for quite some time now. You know that scene in the anime where Sakura was like "You'll never guess who I like, it's a secret" and those girls where assuming it was Sasuke and saying how a lot of girls were after him and then Sakura was like "I guess I've got a lot of competition" after that? I think she was probably referring to Naruto but decided to say it was Sasuke so she would fit in with the popular crowd. I'm not sure if this theory is possible since I don't know if that scene was added filler or not so could someone specify if it was filler or not please? Though I still do agree that she may have known Naruto and fallen for him before they were in the academy and before her crush on Sasuke.

That's what I think at least. happy.gif

That's a really interesting theory and you back it up well.

As far as when she consciously realized her feelings for Naruto, ironically I can see it happening the very moment Naruto makes the POAL- look what she thinks in reaction and how it foreshadows part of what she says in 469 to Naruto...

And look at her interaction with Naruto in the hospital, the way she's already stepping away from her feelings for Sasuke and emphasizing Naruto's bond with Sasuke. She tries to get Naruto to end the POAL, and when he refuses she apologizes for being too weak and promises to get stronger so the next time they can go after Sasuke together. Then she promptly goes to Tsunade to ask her to train her to become stronger, and in Sakura's mind she is putting equal importance to Naruto and Sasuke. She was moving away from romantic feelings for Sasuke already at this point and moving toward falling deeply in love with Naruto. By the time Naruto returns from the 2 1/2 year training, it's unquestionably Naruto who Sakura is in love with, one only has to compare Sakura's reactions upon her first meeting with Naruto and her first meeting with Sasuke. And as someone else pointed out she may have not know before 297 it was love she was feeling, but she certainly knew she was attracted to Naruto and had intensely protective feelings for him. As soon as Yamato even hints in the correct direction, she knows it's love, and from that point she acts toward Naruto as if she was his girlfriend. Naruto is oblivious to the point of firm denial when Sakura confesses her feelings. (for the most part- the attempted feeding scene momentarily broke through that POAL wall Naruto had constructed in his mind- something Sakura knew nothing about and was horrified to find out when Sai told her.) Sai seems to corrected the mess he unintentionally created between Naruto and Sakura, Naruto's words and actions from the point he rescues her from Sasuke onward seems to point toward him realizing he and Sakura do have some mutual romantic feelings- and Kushina's story about how her feelings evolved for Minato by his words and actions toward her, is quite likely a foreshadowing of Naruto's words to Sakura soon.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#34 ahmed

ahmed

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 18 2010, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are correct tricksie-chan I think its only logical to think that there was no need for Sakura to confessed her feelings to Naruto without lying when she could just told him to drop the promise. If she did lied after saying herself that she didn't wanted to make another mistake she will be making a big mistake hurting Naruto's feelings in the process and Kishi will be making his heroine look bad for the public (even if the people already hate her like she was the Devil incarnate).

Sakura:

-Was willing to protect Naruto by killing Sasuke.

-Willing to make him break the promise if it means to change his mind in bringing Sasuke back to the village and ease the burden she gave him.

-Expected Naruto to hate her for killing Sasuke as her punishmen for relying on him too much and for the pain she has caused him.

Sakura believes she deserves to be punish for all the pain she caused Naruto what better way for him to hate her? especially when he hasn't done a thing to her but being a true friend and loyal companion, someone who loves her very much. Someone in this thread mentioned that Sakura may think she's not worthy for Naruto and I believe that person could be right, but this will change if Naruto does tell her that her forehead is pretty and kisess it resolving the bench scene.

yes i agree with you and primary colours123 and Ciardha

and as for for the confession :i think sakura lying is impossible from all the ways because:(and said it before in page )but i add now)

1-as gravenimage mentioned before:she told herself (not sai who said or yamato...... no she who said) she will not make onther mistake.... not only if kishi make her lied all will hate her....how he will deny all this deveopments he make and the 2 hints ....and onther 2 hints in the 6naruto movie made by kishi???
it is impossible becaus i think kishi already prove that sakura really loves naruto even before the confession ... all these developments and make her hug him very romantically hug after he returned the village also prove that she really loves him ..... i believe that from the first and before the confession all the developments only prove that ...... and also as mentioned before from the realistic point of view:there is was no need for the confession to break the POTL ....she can just tell him break the POTL i dont need it ....but as gravenimage said before she was(in her mind)want to tell him how she feels for him befor he hate her(in her mind)........
in the anime i am wating this episode of the confession and the episode when sai will talk to naruto becaus in the anime make more and more developments and any one see it knows that she really loves him .... and i think in the anime they will make her when you only see her(when she confess) you believe that she is completley true and she really loves him and i think also they will make every thing is very obvious (like always) . i can guess the episode of the confession will be after about 7 episodes ... and when it come i will come with it and i will tell al what was sai speak to naruto

2-i believe that he close all the ways of sakura's feeling to sasuke (even i believe she moved on from sasuke long time ago)after first:when she told sasuke that she loves him mush and he knocked her and leave her on the bench ... second: when sasuke tried to kill her 4 times and specially the last 2 times
so after all these(NarutoIzDaMan show it in the debate thread more and more obvious )and what NarutoIzDaMan said before i cant think that she have any feelings for him

3-i believe also that kishi close all the ways to NH (more than one mentioned that before in the debate thread )
first:hinata ignored by naruto by more than 60 cahpter
second:naruto never think in her as love interest by any way and he cant understand he mush and in every time whe hinata is fainted he cannot think why she fainted (he cant understand her)
third:after pain die and whe he returned to the village: i think if he had any feelings for her he will go to her and thank her for helping him to can beat pain ....... so after thos he close all the ways to naruto for having any feelings for her or at lesat can understand her ... he just think think her as good friend
[b]fourth
:the way of the smile of hinata(that kishi made) when sakura hugged naruto in chapter 450 seems to be that she want him only to be happy with who he love and who she love him(sakura)..... it think if kishi intend by any way to make NH he will make her very angry .....but never .....he make her very happy for him
fifth:if kishi inted by any way to make NH he must make developments .....and that never happen.....but happpen with sakura and naruto....he make more and more of developments
six:also if kishi intend to make NH ...i think that he was should make hinata defence for naruto in chapter 488....but never happen it is sakura who defence for him ....and hinata dosenot make thing

so from all sides i am sure the confession is true

and also as grevenimage said before : by make sakura loves naruto he show to us how the true love that is depent on FRIENDSHIP and ACCEPTANCE and TRUST......not a crush of a girl for a popular guy like SS or even NH that hinata dosnot know anything about him when is now a young man

EDIT:I made this post and i know itsnot it place but i cant understand why some peoples in this forum are still saying the confession is fake becaus one reason (what sai said about sakura 's feeling .....and it is sai who said and it ismust to be romantic feelings and mustnot sai could be right) and ignore more than 10 reasons and the developments and the hints and say it is fake......SAKURA CONFESSION WAS COMPLETELY TRUE ABOUT HER FEELINGS FOR NARUTO

Edited by ahmed, 18 July 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#35 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Jul 18 2010, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a really interesting theory and you back it up well.

As far as when she consciously realized her feelings for Naruto, ironically I can see it happening the very moment Naruto makes the POAL- look what she thinks in reaction and how it foreshadows part of what she says in 469 to Naruto...

And look at her interaction with Naruto in the hospital, the way she's already stepping away from her feelings for Sasuke and emphasizing Naruto's bond with Sasuke. She tries to get Naruto to end the POAL, and when he refuses she apologizes for being too weak and promises to get stronger so the next time they can go after Sasuke together. Then she promptly goes to Tsunade to ask her to train her to become stronger, and in Sakura's mind she is putting equal importance to Naruto and Sasuke. She was moving away from romantic feelings for Sasuke already at this point and moving toward falling deeply in love with Naruto. By the time Naruto returns from the 2 1/2 year training, it's unquestionably Naruto who Sakura is in love with, one only has to compare Sakura's reactions upon her first meeting with Naruto and her first meeting with Sasuke. And as someone else pointed out she may have not know before 297 it was love she was feeling, but she certainly knew she was attracted to Naruto and had intensely protective feelings for him. As soon as Yamato even hints in the correct direction, she knows it's love, and from that point she acts toward Naruto as if she was his girlfriend. Naruto is oblivious to the point of firm denial when Sakura confesses her feelings. (for the most part- the attempted feeding scene momentarily broke through that POAL wall Naruto had constructed in his mind- something Sakura knew nothing about and was horrified to find out when Sai told her.) Sai seems to corrected the mess he unintentionally created between Naruto and Sakura, Naruto's words and actions from the point he rescues her from Sasuke onward seems to point toward him realizing he and Sakura do have some mutual romantic feelings- and Kushina's story about how her feelings evolved for Minato by his words and actions toward her, is quite likely a foreshadowing of Naruto's words to Sakura soon.

QFT

But no has answered my question about that scene in the anime in Sakura's flashback during her fight with Ino if it was in the manga or added filler.

These are her lines in that scene from the english dub. (NOTE: I'm quoting and paraphrasing here)

Sakura: You'll never guess who I like, it's a secret.

The whole sequence of explaining how Sasuke is so popular blah blah blah how every girl is after him blah blah blah by those random background characters with no names and then.................

Sakura: I guess I've got a lot of competition, don't I.

I want to know if that happened in the manga or was just added filler, If it was in the manga, could someone post a link to the chapter and page, please?

I want to know!!!!!! arg.gif

#36 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 18 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT

But no has answered my question about that scene in the anime in Sakura's flashback during her fight with Ino if it was in the manga or added filler.

These are her lines in that scene from the english dub. (NOTE: I'm quoting and paraphrasing here)

The whole sequence of explaining how Sasuke is so popular blah blah blah how every girl is after him blah blah blah by those random background characters with no names and then.................

I want to know if that happened in the manga or was just added filler, If it was in the manga, could someone post a link to the chapter and page, please?

I think that particular scene was filler I don't remember seeing in it in the manga maybe I should check back to those chapters headscratch.gif . Remember that back then it was fan girl Sakura talking so she was obviously talking about Sasuke both Ino and Sakura had crushes on him. Ino however seemed to had the crush on him because of competition with Sakura in gaining popularity while Sakura was after Sasuke because she wanted his acknowledgement.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#37 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 18 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting, but I don't think Naruto's worried about his love to Sakura. Remember the one chapter where Sai asks "Naruto you "like" Sakura don't you?" and "have you told her?" Naruto replies "How can when I can't even keep my promises."

So it's not that Naruto is unsure about his feelings for Sakura. He is insecure that he is not good enough for Sakura. Just as well as Sakura doesn't think she is good enough for Naruto. You said that she might think that Sai might not know about Naruto. Well same could be said about Naruto. He could be just as concerned about Sakura and doesn't understand her emotions.

This is what i think too James. Both need to come to a realization that they need each other to conquer their weaknesses. Then they will no longer feel like they aren't good enough for each other.

sorry if that sounded cheesy. sweatdrop.gif

#38 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 18 2010, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is what i think too James. Both need to come to a realization that they need each other to conquer their weaknesses. Then they will no longer feel like they aren't good enough for each other.

sorry if that sounded cheesy. sweatdrop.gif

Agree they have to conquer and pass those hardships and obstacles in order to understand each other, I just love how Kishi defines the cliche line" true love conquers all" in his own way.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#39 Dimitrios3

Dimitrios3

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Jul 18 2010, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/54/13/ and the next page.

I saw the anime 1st and thought the same thing as you did. I don't think the manga reads quite the same as what the anime did for that scene. I think the anime leaves it open to Sakura being a little more surprised that the other girls think it is Sasuke that she likes before she says, "How did you know?" The anime (as I remember and I may be wrong. It has been a while) has a slight pause after "huh", as if she is surprised when they say Sasuke. Then, she makes the decision that she likes the popular guy. ("How did you know")

What I have always looked at from that scene is Ino's quote, "She's just hiding her feelings." That is mentioned 2 or 3 times in flashbacks for the scene as well as after Sakura has cut her hair and Ino said the same quote.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/57/06/ and the next page.

Edited by Dimitrios3, 18 July 2010 - 07:51 PM.

#40 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Dimitrios3 @ Jul 18 2010, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/54/13/ and the next page.

I saw the anime 1st and thought the same thing as you did. I don't think the manga reads quite the same as what the anime did for that scene. I think the anime leaves it open to Sakura being a little more surprised that the other girls think it is Sasuke that she likes before she says, "How did you know?" The anime (as I remember and I may be wrong. It has been a while) has a slight pause after "huh", as if she is surprised when they say Sasuke. Then, she makes the decision that she likes the popular guy. ("How did you know")

What I have always looked at from that scene is Ino's quote, "She's just hiding her feelings." That is mentioned 2 or 3 times in flashbacks for the scene as well as after Sakura has cut her hair and Ino said the same quote.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/57/06/ and the next page.

What so wait a minute does that mean that Ino suspected that Sakura likes Naruto when she said she's just hidding her feelings? huh.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users