#41 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:05 AM

Finally watched all 3 current episodes on demand (minus the newest 4th that premiered yesterday). I gotta say, I'm loving what I saw. It's also quite interesting that the main hero's kingdom actively oppressed others. Usually, these heroes originate from goody-pure kingdoms. Thundera has slums and racism, so this was nice. Also, Claudus's epic beatdown of Lion-O and his general badassery leads me to believe that he is what Mufasa could've been if he was bipedal.

Curiously, I believe that this may be a sequel to the old series, considering Claudus revealing a bit of their kingdom's past; how an ancient group called the Thundercats founded their kingdoms. This may or not be the creators' intention but I think it'll be my own little fanon. The music from the premiere was beautiful, probably what I enjoyed the most while I watched it. Also, Cheetara. Rawr.

#42 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:57 AM

Minor correction, there's only been 3 episodes released thus far including the episode shown last night. Also make sure to Spoiler tag your responses. Sakura-sama's pimp hand is real strong.

Edited by No WhereMan, 07 August 2011 - 02:58 AM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#43 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:03 AM

I finishing to watch the pilot, and I agree with shadow, this series so far is giving much more of an feeling of sequel rather then of reboot, and I now see why everybody ships Lion-o with Cheetara so madly, oh that tension, and dat Cheetara fu.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#44 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

As for the comparison of Mufasa and Claudius. Ehhhh... Claudius was lulled into a false sense of security by years of his own people's rule. His ignorance to technology and the plight of the other species his people interacted with, caused his downfall. He honestly could have taken steps, to prevent the tragedy that happened. Even if he didn't make his people abandon their technophobic ways, they could have made more strives to appease the other races.

Lion-O's actions and the favor that was returned because of them, proves that there might have been a way to prevent the lizard's uprising. Mumm-Ra entering the scene was a catalyst not the main drive behind it.

In Mufasa's case, he should have just snapped Scar's neck when they both were still in the litter. I mean no one is expecting their own brother to stab them in the back. Pride Rock or no Pride Rock.

To further delve into the contrast from the two character. Musfasa's circle of life was a balanced society that all the animals weak or strong held an important place in the circle. Claudius by contrast only saw the Cat's strength as being justification that they should be the one's in charge and they just tolerated the other species.

To be honest Mufasa is the type of King I hope Lion-O grows into, oppose to Claudius.

In reference to the new series being somewhat of a sequel to the previous series, I had that thought also. Only problem is in the older series, the thundercats eventually left Third Earth and established another planet as New Thundara. Granted the creators could have decided to chuck that little fact out, but who knows. It's still early in the series.

Edited by No WhereMan, 07 August 2011 - 03:32 AM.

#45 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:35 AM

It seemed like this episode's point was to simply address Lion-O's quest for Revenge.

In Naruto Terms= No, you do not turn into Sasuke! No!

But the method they used in which to use it was obviously a Meshing of "Moby kitten(Really I can't say Moby kitten?)" combined with Pirates of th Carribean.

But real interesting to see Jaga being turned into a Evil GPS lantern. So it's set up to be about the search for the book, probably find Panthro in the next couple episodes. Other then that I'm sticking with my prediction.

Edited by Insurrection, 07 August 2011 - 03:36 AM.

#46 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

No you can't say kitten, even when referencing the totally approrpaite Moby kitten. Language filter is indisrciminate.

I can't say much more than has already been said. So, far I really enjoy the show despite not liking the original all that much.

#47 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

@Nowhere: I should've elucidated further, I meant Claudus and his combat prowess is comparable to Mufasa's.

While Lion-O's actions may've been a glimpse to an alternate way to deal with the Lizard,
it's a case of too little, too late. Obviously, the Lizards have been planning this for awhile now, not merely because the two Lizards released were spies.
Claudus is actually how it's spelled that way for this series not Claudius.

I gotta say, the animation for this thing is impressive. Even past the 2 episode premiere, that visual with the Rammlak rising up from the Sand Sea was visually impressive.

#48 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:52 AM

An old friend of mine loves the old cartoon has watched the first episodes. He has told me he still loves the eighties show, but he thinks the remake is way better so far.

Okay, I won't judge before watching it, but so much positive endorsement gives me hope it is good.

It is funny but it looks like if American cartoon-makers are more adept in remaking old shows than Japanese anime-makers. A lot of eighties cartoons remakes (Ninja Turtles, He-Man...) have turned out well, but many classic anime shows remakes look pretty bad (Shin Mazinger Z, Reideen -ugh!-...)

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#49 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Aug 30 2011, 05:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
An old friend of mine loves the old cartoon has watched the first episodes. He has told me he still loves the eighties show, but he thinks the remake is way better so far.

Okay, I won't judge before watching it, but so much positive endorsement gives me hope it is good.

It is funny but it looks like if American cartoon-makers are more adept in remaking old shows than Japanese anime-makers. A lot of eighties cartoons remakes (Ninja Turtles, He-Man...) have turned out well, but many classic anime shows remakes look pretty bad (Shin Mazinger Z, Reideen -ugh!-...)

Although it's rare for me to be off during the time it normally broadcasts, I always download every episode as soon as I get home. Plan to get the blueray when it becomes available. I've been loving the new take on the show. It's been very good watching it every week.

#50 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

One thing.

TO THE MUMM-RAMOBILE!

#51 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

MAJOR spoilers =D --Click here to view--
Homg, did you guys SEE the brief cameo of the big bad boss, Mon*Star, from the old series SilverHawks, chatting it up with Mumm-Ra on his viewscreens? wow.png

I squeed a_spaz.gif

And jeebus crise, Mumm-Ra is BEAST! And my jaw dropped when not only Mumm-Ra, but Lion-O went super-ultra-transformation-mode-HO! as well XD

*shakes head in pleased, amazed, wonder* I am an AVID fan of the old series. I grew up with the ThunderCats. But, from the series premier of this new ThunderCats series, I have been absolutely blown away. LOVE IT!

MUMM-RA'S TANK IS BEAST! XD
Tygra is *way* more of an a-hole than he ever was in the old series. In fact old series Tygra was just a nice guy in general. New Tygra is such a jerk XD

And whoa! Cheetara became smexy! wow.gif

And the episode Song of the Petalars made me shed a few tears by the end ^^

This new series is just awesome. I look forward to Friday nights on CN once again *just* for this new show =3

And also...

LONG LIVE LION-O x CHEETARA! boogie.gif w00t.gif

#52 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 2 2011, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homg, did you guys SEE the brief cameo of the big bad boss, Mon*Star, from the old series SilverHawks, chatting it up with Mumm-Ra on his viewscreens? wow.png

I squeed a_spaz.gif

And jeebus crise, Mumm-Ra is BEAST! And my jaw dropped when not only Mumm-Ra, but Lion-O went super-ultra-transformation-mode-HO! as well XD

*shakes head in pleased, amazed, wonder* I am an AVID fan of the old series. I grew up with the ThunderCats. But, from the series premier of this new ThunderCats series, I have been absolutely blown away. LOVE IT!

Tygra is *way* more of an a-hole than he ever was in the old series. In fact old series Tygra was just a nice guy in general. New Tygra is such a jerk XD

This new series is just awesome. I look forward to Friday nights on CN once again *just* for this new show =3

And also...

Omg your not the only one who noticed Mon*Star, from the old series SilverHawks My husband almost jumped right out of his seat when he saw him talking to Mumm-ra XD The series is so well done, I'm so happy with were its going. Plus Im loving the sexy kitty moments with Cheetara and Lion-O

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#53 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:08 AM

It's my duty to give some cheap fanservice --Click here to view--

#54 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Sep 2 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I squeed a_spaz.gif

And also...

Been holding it in, haven't you, Shauna-sama?

I've got this to say, I won't mind it if Cheetara helped me get my sword to work. wink.gif

*cue groans and facepalms*

#55 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 3 2011, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been holding it in, haven't you, Shauna-sama?

I've got this to say, I won't mind it if Cheetara helped me get my sword to work. wink.gif

*cue groans and facepalms*

Oh man, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one that noticed this on the sword dialog pictureem0.gif

#56 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Sep 2 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh man, I'm sure glad I'm not the only one that noticed this on the sword dialog pictureem0.gif

Trust me, everyone who's aged 14 and up got that joke. Didn't help that Cheetara's VA is so...good.

#57 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Lion-o and Cheetarah FTW! rawr.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#58 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Sep 2 2011, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Omg your not the only one who noticed Mon*Star, from the old series SilverHawks My husband almost jumped right out of his seat when he saw him talking to Mumm-ra XD The series is so well done, I'm so happy with were its going. Plus Im loving the sexy kitty moments with Cheetara and Lion-O

Yes, I noticed that too. I blinked a second just to make sure I really was seeing the guy. Then I LOL-ed. Priceless. The new show is awesome.

#59 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

I've started writing Lion-O/Cheetara stories, hope you guys will check them out ^^

http://www.fanfictio...les_of_Thundera

#60 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Um SakuraBlossom you posted three times in a row and you're supposed to be a mod. tongue.gif

EDIT: I'm in love with your story! wow.png

Edited by Gravenimage, 05 September 2011 - 09:42 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users