#21 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jul 4 2008, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really, whether it's mean of me to say or not, there's an inescapable truth as far as this manga goes. Whether NaruSaku happens or it doesn't, I really do believe that as far as SasuSaku and NaruHina go, it's all over but the crying.

Seriously, with NaruHina, it's way too late. We're so far in the manga that there is no way Kishi could possibly do such believably, even if he suddenly decided he wanted to. Hinata has not even had a truly significant appearance since the Chunnin Exams. The "arc" where Team 8tagged along barely showcased any of them, much less Hinata. Add on that there's never been any real attraction, at least on Naruto's end, in over four hundred chapters and I think it's safe to call it dead. Frankly, I'm not sure it was ever really alive.

SasuSaku is just that ship that everyone always seems to love but is also unrealistic and unlikely. I'm convinced by now that the purpose of Sakura's crush was fullfilled, in that she moved on and grew up in a lot of ways. The frivelous crushes were more or less plot devices to advance characters, in both Sakura and Hinata's instances. Hell, Sakura doesn't even seem too sure about the mission to "save" him anymore. Add that she hasn't shown much of anything in the way of real emotion over Sasuke in all of Part 2 and I think it's rather safe to call it dead in the water as well.

NaruSaku has the potential, of course, but it's not really set in stone. In the end, Kishi could decide not to truly make them canon within the series itself and leave such up to the imagination. Or he could decide to go with no pairings at all. It's undecided at this point. But even so, it definitely has a better chance than the other two.
Most of the shippers who actually believe this have little real experience with relationships. It's never clean. People have closer bonds with certain people and fall in love with certain people; no amount of people who think someone else is better for them (usually for shallow reasons) will change that.

It reminds me of the whole deal with the Ramones. Joey Ramone's girlfriend left him for Johnny, which caused a massive rift (and some say inspired the song "The KKK Took My Baby Away"). The two were in love. If she'd stayed with Joey, she and Johnny would have been unhappy. She left and Joey was unhappy and held a grudge.

The words clean and relationship rarely go along in the same sentence. Which is why it's annoying when people ship those two or similar situations in shows for such reasons. It's even more annoying when they ship the other by default, just to pair off both characters of a hated pairing in a different relationship.

I just mean cleaner mathmatically for team 7, I don't mean emotion wise. Everyone gets someone. No one wants anyone to be left out of the Love fest... though it's bound to happen. I feel like a lot of Naruhina and SasuSaku fans just want team 7 to have someone... I really don't believe they're thinking about it enough.

Love is everything.

#22 Naruto s_gurl_sakura

Naruto s_gurl_sakura

InuKago Ftw

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Main: <br />Anime,<br />Naruto,<br />Death Note, <br />Lucky Star,<br />Azumanga Daioh,<br />Chobits<br /><br />Paringz<br />NaruSaku, <br />ShikaIno, <br />KibaHina, <br />ShikaTema, <br />NejiTen,<br />JarTsu, <br />KakaAnko <br /><br /><br />Food:<br />Ramen,<br />Pizza,<br />Pasta<br /><br /><br />Hobbies: <br />Drawing,<br />Swimming, <br />Hanging out with my friends.<br />Video games<br />Writing Fanfiction<br /><br />Dislikes<br /><br />Main: <br />NaruHina, <br />Sasuke<br />Liars,<br />Stuck up people, <br />spiders

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

If it didn't happen I think it would be because Masashi chose for it not to happen. But also maybe because of a those NaruHina and SasuSaku. Masashi Kishimoto may choose to not have any pairings happen. But I don't believe it that'll happen. Since he said there would be romance in Naruto Shippuuden we have a chance.

NaruSaku has so much happening. In the latest Naruto Shippuuden episode Sai tricked Sakura into somewhat revealing her feelings for Naruto and she blushed. Ever since episode 2 of Naruto so many hints have happened. NaruHina has only like 3 hints and they were small and depended on how you look at them. Sasuke on the other hand didn't show any intrest in sakura at ll. Maybe he would be friendlt to her on rae ocations but thats all. And as for Naruto he showed no intrest in Hinata eather. NaruHina fans get their hints mostly from the fillers which dont count. SasuSaku fans are somtimes like "Sakura loves sauske so much" and stuff. Does she still show intrest in him now? Maybe as a brother now. She's mostly trying to bring him back for naruto now. Both Sakura and Naruto want their friend back. But as I said Does she still show intrest? Would she still be interested if she almost punched him when they first met him again? I think not.

With all the proof NaruSaku have uncovered and the Anime and Manga has uncovered we have a pretty high chance of NaruSaku to happen. So I say we shouldn't worry about it and just sit back and watch. narusakuct7.gif

#23 tcross

tcross

the one and only clone of another person

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

I believe that sasusaku would never work anyway because 1. They have nothing in common. 2. They were pre-pubescent tweenies when the sasusaku insanity started. 3. THEY HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON! Naruhina is more of a hero worship anyway on hinatas side. Narusaku just fits better naturally. I mean, think about how many times sakura has thought of naruto in that way during part one without even realizing it. It was at least four times during part I. On the bench in volume one where sasuke called her annoying, during the fight with zabuza, after the fight with gaara during the invasion arc, and when sakura silently made er own promise to naruto at the end of part I.

#24 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

I haven't read the thread, so my apoligize if this has already been said, but Shounen manga always has romance in is, so there will be some obvious (or not so to some people) scenarios where 2 characters are shown to have deep feelings for each other. Now whether Kishi has them get together at the end or not is another story. Though I do believe he will since he seems to be a guy who appears to like good endings.

There may not be a kiss though, sometimes a hug is all you really need or some sort of promise.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#25 tcross

tcross

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (MagusKyros @ Nov 12 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't read the thread, so my apoligize if this has already been said, but Shounen manga always has romance in is, so there will be some obvious (or not so to some people) scenarios where 2 characters are shown to have deep feelings for each other. Now whether Kishi has them get together at the end or not is another story. Though I do believe he will since he seems to be a guy who appears to like good endings.

There may not be a kiss though, sometimes a hug is all you really need or some sort of promise.

True, but there are shonen manga like love hina that focus heavily on romance. The only real difference from shoujo is that those type of manga are designed with guys in mind.

#26 Zack

Zack

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

To tell u the truth ive noticed that sakura's been leaning towards naruto ever since sasuke left and well NH might not happened if sakura pops up loving naruto which gets stronger during shippuden but thats my opinion

#27 kiko14

kiko14

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:I love reading Narusaku Doujinshi!!!!<br />eating ramen<br />watching narusaku AMV's<br />reading manga

Posted 18 November 2008 - 05:55 AM

I totally agree!!!!♥

"Cause the spaces between my fingers are right where yours fit perfectly."

#28 tcross

tcross

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

she's been beginning to lean towards him since the start of part 1. chapter three to be exact. The only reason it's more apparent now is because sakura fully realized the fact that she never really understood naruto in part 1, while almost every other character in some way, understood him not too long (or, in sasuke's case, immediately) after they first met. Hell she realized she had gotten the acknowledgement she wanted not from sasuke, but from naruto. Someone else pointed that out in another thread I read.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users