135 replies to this topic

#81 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Quinster! I should have a piece of your drawing with the desired outfit ready by this weekend. I'm sort of scrambling between different drawings right now. :P 

#82 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:17 PM

Oh well, it couldn't be as bad as this fella...

:lulz:

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#83 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

LMAO! If my nose were that big, I'd have to get plastic surgery.  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:

#84 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

My grandmother's in the hospital. Trying to stay on a positive note. She's been there pretty much all week. She had a stroke, and her whole left side is paralyzed though it's only temporary. Gonna go meet up with my mom and dad so I can visit her today. 

Working on projects right now. All over the place. Gonna make a small NS scene since I've never done that before and throw it up on my DA when I'm done. Gotta find some in story panels so I can see how Kishi does things in his background and such. Here's a pic of Sakura. I know her top is supposed to be dark. I'll make it back on Photoshop.

j79loj.jpg

Have a great day everyone! 

#85 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ummm....why does Sakura look like she is crossed-eyed in that picture? She is crying cause she can't see her forehead. Okay, joking aside, it is good, but her eyes look a little weird.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, man.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 30 June 2013 - 10:52 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#86 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Lovin' the art. If I'm right, this is the first time I've seen someone draw Sakura with the Byakugou in her regular Part 2 attire. All-in-all, that's a 9.5/10 for me.

(sighs)

I remember losing my paternal grandmother to a stroke, and a few years before that my maternal grandfather to cancer. I'll never get used to seeing them in those states...

Stay strong, bro.

With a strong will, and the family around her, I'm sure she'll pull through. My well wishes to you and the family.

Edited by Quinny52, 30 June 2013 - 11:14 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#87 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Lovin' the art. If I'm right, this is the first time I've seen someone draw Sakura with the Byakugou in her regular Part 2 attire. All-in-all, that's a 9.5/10 for me.

(sighs)

I remember losing my paternal grandmother to a stroke, and a few years before that my maternal grandfather to cancer. I'll never get used to seeing them in those states...

Stay strong, bro.

With a strong will, and the family around her, I'm sure she'll pull through. My well wishes to you and the family.

Thanks Quinnster. :D Glad you like it. The scene will be good. I think you'll like it. 

And sorry about your loss. 

She's doing well now actually. Just got back from visiting. She's still a bit numb on her left side but for the most part, the worst is past her. She'll have to do some physical therapy soon, but I'm really happy she's talking and all that jazz again. 

Ummm....why does Sakura look like she is crossed-eyed in that picture? She is crying cause she can't see her forehead. Okay, joking aside, it is good, but her eyes look a little weird.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, man.

LOL Shut up James. I redid some of the pic. Now that I'm home, I'm gonna have to breeze through a couple of chapters to see what I need to do for the background. I'm thinking about taking away her headband and just giving her her casual attire? What do you guys think? 

And I appreciate your words guys. :D Thanks. 

#88 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

lol.

Stay strong, Strider. No matter what, you always got friends who love you.;

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#89 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

It's been awhile since I've written here. Lol gonna post more I suppose.

Anyway, I've been watching Bob's Burgers. I freakin loveeeee this show. Lol Louise is a riot.

#90 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

It's been awhile since I've written here. Lol gonna post more I suppose.

Anyway, I've been watching Bob's Burgers. I freakin loveeeee this show. Lol Louise is a riot.

Bob's Burgers? That sounds strange. LOL. What's it about?

#91 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

Bob's Burgers? That sounds strange. LOL. What's it about?

Lmao. Just look at one episode and tell me if you like it. I'll just say it's about a family that works at a burger shot. You're gonna likely loce the youngest character.

#92 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

Lmao. Just look at one episode and tell me if you like it. I'll just say it's about a family that works at a burger shot. You're gonna likely loce the youngest character.

Are there episodes of it online? I'll have to check it out today after school! You've piqued my curiosity.

#93 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Mhmmmm. There's episodes of it online. The animation isn't superb but I love it. Gets better with each season.

#94 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Never seen it before but here's a clip:

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#95 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Lmao. The little girl is my favorite. She always cracks me up. :-) you should get into it too Quinnster!

What did you think of the chapter btw?

#96 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Aw, I can't hear what they're saying until I get home... Oh well. The animation reminds me somewhat of Family Guy, or American Dad.

Lmao. The little girl is my favorite. She always cracks me up. :-) you should get into it too Quinnster!

What did you think of the chapter btw?

It was probably my favorite chapter since #632. I loved that Sakura played an active role in healing Shikamaru, and her seflessness came through when she gave all of the credit to Naruto. The emotional way that she reacts to his feelings makes me feel all light and fluttery. I love my OTP.  :love: That moment between her and Tsunade was also adorable. I'm so happy that she's getting recognition from so many other characters. Haters don't even bother me anymore because clearly they have no understanding of her character or have blinded themselves to her development. She's wonderful.

Also, can I just say that I absolutely love Team 10? They have the best team work, the best friendship, and the best everything else this series has to offer. Ino has been making me proud. Despite being one of the lesser outstanding shinobi of the R9, she's really pulling her weight in this war by keeping everyone connected. So many members of the Alliance would be lost and/or dead if not for her being able to relay information to them as often as possible. Then Shikamaru - oh gosh, his monologue gave me so many feels. I think it was fitting to compared him with Tobirama, and I'm so glad that Kishi still plans on having him as Naruto's right-hand man. Chouji was super sweet crying over Shikamaru. Ahh~ Feels~

It's nice to see that all of the Rookies, and the vast majority of the shinobi present, want to stand beside Naruto. The only character that really disappointed me was Hinata. She showed no concern at all for Shikamaru's well-being, and it wasn't until he mentioned wanting to walk beside Naruto that she decided to pipe up, (and technically she didn't even do that, since she kept all of her thoughts to herself.) I would really like for Kishimoto to give her one chapter where she thinks about someone other than Naruto. She had her acknowledgement. Now it's time to make room for everyone else that wants to stand beside Naruto too. I guess she's feeling pressured now that the goal of walking beside Naruto isn't exclusively her's. Then again, it never really was.

All in all, I thought it was a really well-done chapter. I'm looking forward to Kakashi's arrival, as well as some future development for both Naruto and Sakura individually and as a couple.

#97 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'll give it a go, no reason not to.  :happy: 

Basically everything Slex said, and to borrow from someone's comment in the chapter thread, this chapter felt like the Naruto, Sakura &  Shikamaru relationship (when it first started during Orochimaru's invasion, to the hospital scene at the end of Part 1) has come full circle, now it's all but guranteed that Shika will be Naruto's right-hand man, the Tobirama to Naruto's Hashirama. Guess that makes Sakura the Mito in this equation.  :D  And wouldn't you know  it, everyone else throwing their names (and the same individual who keeps such thoughts to herself rather than join in). And it goes without saying that Sakura will be alongside him....  in bed:fu:

As for the haters... well

A-Message-To-All-Vuvuzela-Haters.gif

To be honest though, most of my attention over the last day has been taken by Pokemon Origins...  HOLY S%^T!!

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#98 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

I'll give it a go, no reason not to.  :happy: 

Basically everything Slex said, and to borrow from someone's comment in the chapter thread, this chapter felt like the Naruto, Sakura &  Shikamaru relationship (when it first started during Orochimaru's invasion, to the hospital scene at the end of Part 1) has come full circle, now it's all but guranteed that Shika will be Naruto's right-hand man, the Tobirama to Naruto's Hashirama. Guess that makes Sakura the Mito in this equation.  :D  And wouldn't you know  it, everyone else throwing their names (and the same individual who keeps such thoughts to herself rather than join in). And it goes without saying that Sakura will be alongside him....  in bed:fu:

As for the haters... well
A-Message-To-All-Vuvuzela-Haters.gif

To be honest though, most of my attention over the last day has been taken by Pokemon Origins...  HOLY S%^T!!

Haha. Let me know what you think of it as you roll through it. :-)

I'm actually gonna wait to watch Origins butttt of course I appreciate the link Quinster. Lol

Aw, I can't hear what they're saying until I get home... Oh well. The animation reminds me somewhat of Family Guy, or American Dad.

It was probably my favorite chapter since #632. I loved that Sakura played an active role in healing Shikamaru, and her seflessness came through when she gave all of the credit to Naruto. The emotional way that she reacts to his feelings makes me feel all light and fluttery. I love my OTP.  :love: That moment between her and Tsunade was also adorable. I'm so happy that she's getting recognition from so many other characters. Haters don't even bother me anymore because clearly they have no understanding of her character or have blinded themselves to her development. She's wonderful.

Also, can I just say that I absolutely love Team 10? They have the best team work, the best friendship, and the best everything else this series has to offer. Ino has been making me proud. Despite being one of the lesser outstanding shinobi of the R9, she's really pulling her weight in this war by keeping everyone connected. So many members of the Alliance would be lost and/or dead if not for her being able to relay information to them as often as possible. Then Shikamaru - oh gosh, his monologue gave me so many feels. I think it was fitting to compared him with Tobirama, and I'm so glad that Kishi still plans on having him as Naruto's right-hand man. Chouji was super sweet crying over Shikamaru. Ahh~ Feels~

It's nice to see that all of the Rookies, and the vast majority of the shinobi present, want to stand beside Naruto. The only character that really disappointed me was Hinata. She showed no concern at all for Shikamaru's well-being, and it wasn't until he mentioned wanting to walk beside Naruto that she decided to pipe up, (and technically she didn't even do that, since she kept all of her thoughts to herself.) I would really like for Kishimoto to give her one chapter where she thinks about someone other than Naruto. She had her acknowledgement. Now it's time to make room for everyone else that wants to stand beside Naruto too. I guess she's feeling pressured now that the goal of walking beside Naruto isn't exclusively her's. Then again, it never really was.

All in all, I thought it was a really well-done chapter. I'm looking forward to Kakashi's arrival, as well as some future development for both Naruto and Sakura individually and as a couple.

Yeahhhhh, this chapter was well done. It once again proves just how much I love Sakura as a character and how I enjoy seeing her in story. She was nothing but awesome this chapter. She looked amazing in a lot of these panels so kudos to Kishi in the art department.

As for the actual panels, yeahhhh, I loved it. I'm one of the people that enjoyed the NaruSakuShika interactions back in Part 1 and its always interesting how he's one of the most vital outsiders. Glad he was saved and that that moment was given importance. Don't even get me started on that smile Sakura gave Tsunade. One of my favorite panels this chapter for sure. And of course Sakura and where she stood with Naruto. She hates pushing everything off on Naruto but she always appreciates him. She's definitely selfless. Kakashi should be back by the end of the next chapter. Maybe we'll get a formee Team 7 moment. ..

#99 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

I'd rather have a New Team Seven moment. Sasuke can go fall in a hole. Now, all we need is Yamato and we'll be good to go. :thumb:

#100 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'd rather have a New Team Seven moment. Sasuke can go fall in a hole. Now, all we need is Yamato and we'll be good to go. :thumb:

Another thing I absolutely loveeee is the fact that Sakura isn't being what people expected. She's all about her comrades but of course, there's that special place for Naruto. Just makes me love this ship so much more and it's solidifying more and more that this is THE ship. Nothing else compares.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Strider, Crestone, StriderC, Houston, Scott, drawing, life, fanart, NaruSaku, music

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users