• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#61 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (HauntedCake @ Apr 11 2013, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the one thing i'm confused about.

Are you talking about now or generally??

Beacuse if you are talking about now then we are still unsure whether she romantically loves him anymore, we are going to get an answer to that.
But if it is generally speaking then.... come on... Part 1???

She is not actively perusing a relationship with Sasuke anymore but she still have those feelings for him, since the confession she knows that he doesn't feel that way towards her, just like Naruto he still likes Sakura but he will not force her to be with him, with Sakura it's almost the same just a little different because there is a third person involved who happen to loves her and she genuinely cares for him plus we as readers have not gotten the confirmation of Sakura's true feelings towards that third person.

But if you keep believing that SK automatically means that Sakura will do the same, then there is no point in me trying to convince you that Sakura is no karin, the same way Kishimoto said that Sakura is not Hinata.

#62 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Apr 11 2013, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She is not actively perusing a relationship with Sasuke anymore but she still have those feelings for him, since the confession she knows that he doesn't feel that way towards her, just like Naruto he still likes Sakura but he will not force her to be with him, with Sakura it's almost the same just a little different because there is a third person involved who happen to loves her and she genuinely cares for him plus we as readers have not gotten the confirmation of Sakura's true feelings towards that third person.

But if you keep believing that SK automatically means that Sakura will do the same, then there is no point in me trying to convince you that Sakura is no karin, the same way Kishimoto said that Sakura is not Hinata.

I think she's not like that since Sai told her that Naruto loves her, and doesnt matter if Sasuke is good or not her concern about Naruto is more than her "love" if it still exists for Sasuke, Kishimoto confirms it when he said that she says she loves Sasuke but naruto is more close to her heart.
Because Naruto was there when she really needed someome, Sasuke was never there for her, even when they were on team 7.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 11 April 2013 - 08:02 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#63 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Apr 11 2013, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes we should stop comparing the common sense and dignity of a hero and heroine to those of satelite characters. Honestly Naruto could burn the world and Hinata would have to love him. Thats her job. Karin proved that.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#64 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

@Dαrkrєrsŧ
Agree with your post.

QUOTE (StrikerTheNoble @ Apr 11 2013, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes we should stop comparing the common sense and dignity of a hero and heroine to those of satelite characters. Honestly Naruto could burn the world and Hinata would have to love him. Thats her job. Karin proved that.

Wrong Hinata thought Naruto will give in to Obito's request and she wasn't happy about it.

Karin on the other hand does not care, Sasuke was planing to burn Konoha and she still loved him.

Sakura said that she would kill for Sasuke later he ask her to kill for him and she couldn't.

While Hinata character is about loving Naruto she isn't like Karin and Sakura also proved that she will not drop that low, plus I honesly believe Sasuke asking Sakura to kill Karin because he does not need her any more and plotting to destroy Konaha and Kill Naruto will be one of the reasons why she will finally move on from loving him.

QUOTE (Inferno180 @ Apr 11 2013, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One simple answer can just be character development, just plain simple basic character development. Characters points in the story are that they change in minor and major ways. Characters regressing though over the course of a story can happen too but as long as it remains consistent with the story regression is acceptable in some cases.

Basically Sakura should go through a character arc, just like Sasuke just did in order to love Naruto, there is still time in the manga for it to happen, basically this is the short term of a character arc:

A character arc is the status of the character as it unfolds throughout the story, the storyline or series of episodes. Characters begin the story with a certain viewpoint and, through events in the story, that viewpoint changes. A character arc generally only affects the main character in a story, though other characters can go through similar changes.

Sometimes the character arcs rebound though and as I said before, sometimes regression is good for certain characers as long as the story is acceptable for it, basically Sasuke just regressed or will start too now that he will fulfill Itachi's efforts, he found a new reason to fight, for his brother's sacrifice. For Sasuke, this is an acceptable regression, he was a basically back to acting how he did before killing Itachi, basically when he was freelancing with Taka hunting Itachi.

On someone else though like Sakura, she cannot regress when it comes to loving Sasuke. Her efforts are in part have been her feelings being conflicted with the stuff that troubled Naruto (Kruama, Akakstui, Sasuke, heavy jobs, promise) and her initial love for Sasuke. The thing is, Sakura's love was idealistic. Even Kishi admits this, so he stating this himself is just an acknowledgment, he cannot have Sakura regress or that defeats her purpose for this development. Part of her development was her efforts in helping and understanding Naruto and his pain, they both share a pain in losing Sasuke as a simple friend, but Sakura's negative trait is one that obviously needs to change just like Sasuke's for revenge to truly avenging now has come to be. Sakura keeping this till the end is just not only the biggest waste of development potential, kishi would have literally given people a true reason to hate Sakura. If kishi honestly did this, I feel like what he did to Sakura would have been what the tv show of the walking dead did to the character Andrea. The comic Andrea is excellent, but they made her so damn stupid in the tv show, she actually died recently with little redemption and most fans were actually happy about her death in season 3.

Sakura needs to overcome Sasuke, she can meet up with him like the others during this fight and be conflicted, kishi can do many things between team 7 and new Sasuke as long as Sakura does not regress, she can be conflicted and unsure, but this can potentially make the fight between Naruto and Sasuke much deeper on Sakura's part, she knows Sasuke could have changed at this point and feel conflicted over what he did in the past, but as long as she progresses towards Naruto, that is proper development, no matter how you cut it, any road leading Sakura to choosing Sasuke again is just regression and stupid. It harms Sakura's character because her love for Sasuke is such a negative trait, its like her weakness, choosing Naruto over this is literally overcoming that weakness.

Why does she still love Sasuke? Well as some said, kishi has to keep the triangle alive, but is also for the drama on Sakura's part, when the fight comes she could ultimately be fighting her own internal battle but resolve it because she knows what she and Naruto have done for each other and gone through. Even more simple, she is aware Naruto loves her and is unsure about Sasuke. She can get over him.

Sakura's current state with how she views Sasuke does remind me a bit of Zuko in avatar the last airbender, we all thought in the end of season 2 he would be good but he regressed to his former must capture aang mode, he gets rewarded with his birthright but was unsure of it. He spend half of season 3 going through mental issues of right and wrong and having learned his mistakes defects from the fire nation and joins Aang, becomes an ally and helps end the war. I feel that Sakura needs to struggle with her Sasuke mentality and have some event that gradually makes her realize she and Naruto did everything and became what they were because of each other (well naruto had tons of people helping him but Sakura did a lot for him too, but Naruto did the most for her and she wants to fulfill something big for Naruto). Its still there though, Naruto and Sakura always stood by and helped, protected, encouraged, and empowered each other. All the good and bad any events in the story they had together or experienced only made them stronger and still they come out with an incredible friendship. Naruto still loves Sakura as far as any of us are concerned and Sakura still has close feelings for Naruto. This can become something more and all the pieces of NaruSaku are there, they fit, they can work well into the story. Sakura overcoming Sasuke would be her biggest form of development and the proper way to give proper maturity to her character, Sakura maturing over Sasuke and going to Naruto would literally make her come full circle, hating and wanting nothing to do with Naruto and ending with her loving and always enjoying him and Naruto with her would be proper development to end with Sakura.

After reading your post the most I can say is, lets hope Kishi stay consistent with his Manga and for the sake of the story and Sakura character he does not give the readers any more reason to hate her since the overall readers outnumber SS fans by far and one of the biggest reasons for her irrational hate is her feelings for Sasuke. I guess we all notice that example with Karin and how once again she became a very hated character.

Edited by Don-kun, 11 April 2013 - 08:37 PM.

#65 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll admit that reading posts about the possibility of SS increasing thanks to the manga chapter got me a little down. But this episode got my spirits right back up.

So first we have Sakura telling lover-nin that she has someone she loves right now.
Then we have the comedic press conference that pesters Sakura about who this mysterious gentleman is, only for her to get annoyed.
Now we have Sakura saying Sasuke is the one she used to love.

So if Sasuke is the man of the past, then who is the man of the present? pictureem0.gif At least according to Pierrots interpretation of the series.

Don't get me wrong, I know fillers don't count, but today I'm in love with Studio Pierrot for trolling SS that hard. laugh.gif The only other filler that makes me love Pierrot even more is in 235 where Naruto blatantly says he's in love with Sakura and that he'll try his best to win her over.

I'm assuming the press conference was an omake. What episode was it at the end of?
Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#66 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Its filler. Sakura still loves Sasuke according to the manga. (Doesn't mean she can't change her mind though, as we've seen her conflicted feelings before)

I really don't want to resort to using filler. So I won't and you guys shouldn't either. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, but its not canon. dry.gif

QUOTE (LadyGT @ Apr 11 2013, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meh I think the Studio should stop making all these pairings assumptions, I'm also talking about episode 235, which I think was a big mistake, even though I love Narusaku, I think they shouldn't have done an episode like that without Kishimoto's permission, since we still don't have an official confession from Naruto in the manga. Same thing for today's episode, quite pointless to be honest.

I agree.

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#67 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (AnimeGirl_123 @ Apr 11 2013, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its filler. Sakura still loves Sasuke according to the manga. (Doesn't mean she can't change her mind though, as we've seen her conflicted feelings before)

I really don't want to resort to using filler. So I won't and you guys shouldn't either. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, but its not canon. dry.gif

Am pretty sure everyone agree with this so what's you point?

I agree.

I don't remember you was agreeing with LadyGT when the focus was on Hinata.

Not trying to pick on you but I still remember the replay you gave me on NF H&E that started a discussion back on forward for no reason, plus the mentality of the members here were not stating something else they just like the Ep.

Edited by Don-kun, 11 April 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#68 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

It's not that we are. We already acknowledged that it's filler. What's funny (at least to me) is the way how Pierrot treats pairings and they could at least be fair. They're not. Well, for SS. I have said that SS fanservice usually happens when we go back to part 1, though it's more like the mess of love triangle than just SS.

So, yeah, no need to work over. Get a good laugh and enjoy. Not like we are using it as evidence. Just funny.

#69 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (narusakuluv @ Apr 11 2013, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming the press conference was an omake. What episode was it at the end of?

It was in the beginning of an episode actually. It's the first episode after the Chikara arc. I think it was 296 or 297.

Off topic:
SS fans in other forums are hating on Sakura's line and calling Pierrot idiots. laugh.gif

Edited by redragon88, 11 April 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#70 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off topic:
SS fans in other forums are hating on Sakura's line and calling Pierrot idiots. laugh.gif

really? huh.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#71 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Apr 11 2013, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really? huh.gif

Really

But I guess it's not different to what we do here. Some dislike what happens in the episode while others tell them to calm down since it's only filler. Not really monumental.

Edited by redragon88, 11 April 2013 - 09:54 PM.

#72 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really

But I guess it's not different to what we do here. Some dislike what happens in the episode while others tell them to calm down since it's only filler. Not really monumental.

Exactly this also reminds me when we get mad when the Anime team makes a Ep focusing on Hinata feelings for them 3 chapters later start having a party because of 235, we are all the same the only different is our taste in pairing and the name of the FC. sad.gif

Edited by Don-kun, 11 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#73 narusakuluv

narusakuluv

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was in the beginning of an episode actually. It's the first episode after the Chikara arc. I think it was 296 or 297.

It's 296 - thanks!

Anyway, while I think the majority of people here are just taking this filler as, well, filler, and just enjoying it, it is interesting that some are using the "Kishi approves the anime episodes" argument. Because whenever there is a Sasusaku moment or a Naruhina moment in the filler and someone says "Kishi approves the anime!" everyone jumps on them and says that is a lie.

I get that people are excited, we just need to watch our double-standards cool.gif. Anyway, I wouldn't get to hung up on the words. It could be a wonky translation or something, while it is nice to hear. I just enjoyed seeing Sakura in action and watching Hayate acknowledge her (plus she helped motivate Yugao). It was nice to see her play a key role in this episode. Oh and is it just me, or did Sakura look really pretty in Hayate's quick flashback of her?

Edited by narusakuluv, 11 April 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Avatar from the amazing Natsumi's The Uneasy Question Sequel

#74 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Apr 11 2013, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly this also reminds me when we get mad when the Anime team makes and Ep focusing on Hinata feelings for them 3 chapters later start having a party because of 235, we are all the same the only different is our taste in pairing and the name of the FC. sad.gif

We all be bipolar as kitten. laugh.gif

#75 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

People, I think that you misunderstond me...:S
I never said that Kishimoto approved everything that Pierrot does for anime. For explain it better, I meant to say that Studio Pierrot never had the official approvation from Kishimoto, they just said that Kishimoto, luckly for them, has never complained to them about their choices... Sounds a bit differen now... Kishimoto isn't involved in their choices since he haven't much free time for caring it. Pierrot only warn him about what's they have in mind about their fillers in order to avoiding future conflicts with the manga.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#76 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

I still think the movie was the most upmost cry of anime history. Note: anime history.

#77 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all be bipolar as kitten. laugh.gif

Indeed.

Ten times worst than Sakura. fu.png

@六道仙人
Don't worry about it you're fine. a_hug.gif

#78 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Don-kun @ Apr 11 2013, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed.

Ten times worst than Sakura. fu.png

Still, you have to admit that it's a pretty ballsy move from Pierrot to outright state that Sakura's love for Sasuke is a thing of the past. Either they're aware of something about Sakura that we aren't, or they're fishing for the award of maximum trolling. tongue.gif

#79 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Apr 11 2013, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still, you have to admit that it's a pretty ballsy move from Pierrot to outright state that Sakura's love for Sasuke is a thing of the past. Either they're aware of something about Sakura that we aren't, or they're fishing for the award of maximum trolling. tongue.gif

*cough* first one *cough*

But really, what made them do that?

#80 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Apr 11 2013, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*cough* first one *cough*

But really, what made them do that?

Maybe it's not meant the way it's stated? Like...maybe she just means that the Sasuke of the past that she'd tried to kill, thus "saving" him from descending into darkness any further, is the one she used to love, and that this is a different Sasuke now? If it's meant that way, it doesn't completely get rid of the possibility of Sasuke being the same Sasuke she saw him as originally. I...don't even know if that made sense.

Edited by Qia, 11 April 2013 - 11:12 PM.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users