55 replies to this topic

#41 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

Yeah, they might use the Road to Ninja version of her :)

I don't think they'll use her Road to Ninja character cause it's the opposite of her true character.

#42 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

@txd
Yes, it would be too extreme.
But I don't think Hinata would play that much role.
It would be naruto and sasuke.

#43 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:39 AM

So like...

Anyone seen the video? I haven't yet.

#44 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:17 AM

Average easy to copy art. Good introduction and initial characterization of his characters but poor follow-through beyond the arc they are introduced in. Standard story that was told well; until he got into conflict with his ever-changing new editors since the pein arc.

His main problem is not putting enough effort and thought into his work such as: "where do I want this story to go, what is the overall plan for this story, what messages do I want to send, where do I want this character to go, and so on."

I tend to agree. For most of the story his characterizations were pretty good. The main issue with side characters was the tendency to use them to illustrate a single point and then not use them any more. Rather than try to find ways to reuse them he would just bring someone else along when he need to make a new point. I don't know that it's bad writing per se so much as its a missed opportunity to deepen the characterization of existing characters the audience wanted to know more about. 

His characterizations didn't become all that bad (except Taka whose very existence made no sense and who actually should have been discarded) until the story totally collapsed after the end of the Pain Arc. 

I think tricksie makes a very persuasive case that it was probably the intended end of the series because that is where the wheels just flew off. I think after that point he either had no idea where to go or just didn't care. Was it apathy or did he lack the ability to adapt to the decision to continue? I have no idea.

#45 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

I tend to agree. For most of the story his characterizations were pretty good. The main issue with side characters was the tendency to use them to illustrate a single point and then not use them any more. Rather than try to find ways to reuse them he would just bring someone else along when he need to make a new point. I don't know that it's bad writing per se so much as its a missed opportunity to deepen the characterization of existing characters the audience wanted to know more about. 

His characterizations didn't become all that bad (except Taka whose very existence made no sense and who actually should have been discarded) until the story totally collapsed after the end of the Pain Arc. 

I think tricksie makes a very persuasive case that it was probably the intended end of the series because that is where the wheels just flew off. I think after that point he either had no idea where to go or just didn't care. Was it apathy or did he lack the ability to adapt to the decision to continue? I have no idea.

Conflict with the editors is the best answer. At first tried to work with them till it seemed all they cared about was Hinata being a heroine. Then get into conflict with the editors. Then get slowly tired of the prolonging of the series. Then just accepted it so he could give "what he was told what the fans wanted," while leaving the series to work on another manga. Problem is they need him to keep the fans. Since they want kishi, not pedophile. So he has not been able to leave like he want to yet.

#46 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Conflict with the editors is the best answer. At first tried to work with them till it seemed all they cared about was Hinata being a heroine. Then get into conflict with the editors. Then get slowly tired of the prolonging of the series. Then just accepted it so he could give "what he was told what the fans wanted," while leaving the series to work on another manga. Problem is they need him to keep the fans. Since they want kishi, not pedophile. So he has not been able to leave like he want to yet.

Forgive me for asking, I've been out of the loop with current affairs of Naruto like forever, but what's all this talk about a pedophile? Does the new author have some shady background or something?

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

#47 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

@txd
Yes, it would be too extreme.
But I don't think Hinata would play that much role.
It would be naruto and sasuke.

She might play a good part of the movie if they want to give fan service/s for the USA NH or Hinata fans.

Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi will be main characters. Side characters will be shown well enough. If they want to give US NH or Hinata fans some fan service/s then Hinata will be much more focused than the rest of the side characters.

The main characters would be these 4 if they followed the original status of the characters in the manga.

#48 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:14 AM

Forgive me for asking, I've been out of the loop with current affairs of Naruto like forever, but what's all this talk about a pedophile? Does the new author have some shady background or something?

the new author has been doing alot of pedophile type things with the characters with the boruto manga, one of the big ones being trying to sexualize sarada and give her short skirts too short for girls at her young age.....

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#49 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

the new author has been doing alot of pedophile type things with the characters with the boruto manga, one of the big ones being trying to sexualize sarada and give her short skirts too short for girls at her young age.....

And because of that I decided to mock the guy for over sexualizing a 12 year old girl by giving him the nickname "That pedophile."

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:39 AM

I finally saw it. I thought it was pretty neat. Not that I agree with everything but it all comes down to nostalgia, which is a powerful thing to be honest with you. I do tend to agree with him on the art. He should have mentioned that part 2 art is based on anime happy approach, meaning it's easier for anime to animate. That's why it changed according to Kishi. I think the art is easy to comprehend for people who came from DBZ since it's simple but "manly" and identifiable. Remember, people don't like One Piece because of designs, yet it has more matured content in the long run. They want anime to remain the macho vibe rather than something else.

Anyway, he's not wrong about Naruto going downhill significantly once he got his dream (acknowledged by Konoha). As for the rating, it comes down to two things: yaoi and theme fans. Naruto and Sasuke are the driving force of the story and whether you like it or not, it's being highly focused for the fans' sake. I don't mind if it was written better. As for theme, you can look at two ways. One is based on ninja. Kishi said that the theme of ninja is pretty popular and with WSJ push on Naruto, especially how the earlier work is more appealing to the eyes, it's easier to grasp. Bleach's downfall is it has nothing to carry on. One Piece has pirate, so people loves that. The other end is the formula. It's the one that people are familiar or now familiar with and they still like it. Black Clover is a prime example of that success still alive.

I just want to share my own two cents.

#51 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Anyway, he's not wrong about Naruto going downhill significantly once he got his dream (acknowledged by Konoha). As for the rating, it comes down to two things: yaoi and theme fans. Naruto and Sasuke are the driving force of the story and whether you like it or not, it's being highly focused for the fans' sake. I don't mind if it was written better. As for theme, you can look at two ways. One is based on ninja. Kishi said that the theme of ninja is pretty popular and with WSJ push on Naruto, especially how the earlier work is more appealing to the eyes, it's easier to grasp. Bleach's downfall is it has nothing to carry on. One Piece has pirate, so people loves that. The other end is the formula. It's the one that people are familiar or now familiar with and they still like it. Black Clover is a prime example of that success still alive.

I just want to share my own two cents.

I think a lot of reviewer after the pein arc ended were asking questions like that (except the nH fans). Naruto's goal was to "become hokage so the village would acknowledge him." But after that arc happen and he became a hero of the village for defeating pein and reviving the people that had lost their lives. He is the hero of the village now so he does not need to become hokage to gain the acknowledgement he craved. Then the question then is, "Where does Naruto go from there? Why does he still want to be hokage, and if he does what does he want to do with the position?" Which the question was left up in the air. Now if Yahagi was still around the answer probably would have been "Reform the ninja system." But he was gone so it instead became "end the cycle of hatred." But even then it took along time for it to get to that and the story meandered for a long time. Which helped lead to the overlong War arc that bored everyone.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 January 2017 - 10:47 AM.

#52 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I think a lot of reviewer after the pein arc ended were asking questions like that (except the nH fans). Naruto's goal was to "become hokage so the village would acknowledge him." But after that arc happen and he became a hero of the village for defeating pein and reviving the people that had lost their lives. He is the hero of the village now so he does not need to become hokage to gain the acknowledgement he craved. Then the question then is, "Where does Naruto go from there? Why does he still want to be hokage, and if he does what does he want to do with the position?" Which the question was left up in the air. Now if Yahagi was still around the answer probably would have been "Reform the ninja system." But he was gone so it instead became "end the cycle of hatred." But even then it took along time for it to get to that and the story meandered for a long time. Which helped lead to the overlong War arc that bored everyone.

It pretty much left to the undeveloped lore to carry the story, yet it has nothing going for as well. Not to mention on how much it based around Uchiha, which still separates from other characters. That's why Sasuke stands out more since Naruto has nothing going for.

#53 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Wait...there's a HOLLYWOOD version? Or going to be?? You've got to be kidding me.  :facepalm:

Madness mantra. THEY ARE NOT GETTING MY MONEY AGAIN................................ :mellow:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#54 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:29 AM

Madness mantra. THEY ARE NOT GETTING MY MONEY AGAIN................................ :mellow:

I hope the  movie flops do we really want to see naruto and his kid having daddy issues?  :down:

Naruto is no longer redeemable one way or another. Just let it die. 

Edited by rikakim94, 05 January 2017 - 03:29 AM.

#55 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

Funny how the good comes from part one only.

#56 VoodooFX

VoodooFX

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Comics, Star Wars, Sci-fi, Computer Games, Vintage Computers, Science & Tech ... and Naruto :)

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

I hope the  movie flops do we really want to see naruto and his kid having daddy issues?  :down:

Naruto is no longer redeemable one way or another. Just let it die. 

The movie will most certainly not meet the studio's expectation, unless they really do something cool with it (which they won't).

But the thing is Naruto is not, and probably never will be, a motion picture material first, this will continue to be manga/anime ... and as long as this portion is doing OK, Boruto movie earned more than The Last, and The Last more than Road to Ninja before it, so as long as this trend continues, Naruto production won't come to a halt.

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we all push up flowers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users