• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#81 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:05 AM

Good presser. For the most parts, all about the games. The PSvita definetly seems to have the features and games tailored to the hardcores. I think its going to be a real contender, and a great alternate choice for hand held gaming. Would have liked to see a bit more 3rd part support though.
\

#82 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:14 AM

Totally want the PS Vita. Sony pwned Microsoft this year. It's likely that Nintendo will pwn both of them, but I gotta give Sony credit for the PSV. It looks kickass.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#83 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jun 6 2011, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally want the PS Vita. Sony pwned Microsoft this year. It's likely that Nintendo will pwn both of them, but I gotta give Sony credit for the PSV. It looks kickass.

Nintendo is a joke in my eyes now.

#84 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:38 AM

I love my Xbox 360, but I am very dissapointed with the with M$ thinking their line-up will satisfy the hardcore consumers, Gears of War this year and Halo 4 Next year, and that's it, everything else is for the Kinect, Pathetic, seriously the worst line-up i've seen in years.

Sony on the other had sooo much content that they could only give each title a few minutes, and thre is still a kittenload of official titles that are coming from Japan that weren't even mentioned, like Final Fantasy Xiii Versus, Tales of Graces, and Xillia (The latter better be localised.) two exclusives over 18 months versus 6 plus titles for Sony. I'm taking my Xbox 360 controller finding a converter that will allow me to play it on the PS3 and i'll be happy.

My only real issue is the Europeon price of the Vita, why are we once again forced to pay so much more than US? $249 for US and $362 for Europe, it's another pisstake. The US launch price is amazing, not so much for Europe, I guess i'll hope the initial launch titles are not great and it quickly drops in price like the 3DS did, I've seen it for £160 in some retailers, £60 less than the launch price.

Nintendo have their work cut out for them, they have two hours to redeem the 3DS which is weak graphically compared to Vita, and they are launching a new hardware that has to be a big jump otherwise noone will buy it except for the fanboys.

Edited by harry4e, 07 June 2011 - 02:40 AM.

iAnby7W.gif

#85 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:39 AM

Elder Scrools 5:

Oh man, if Fallout 4 use this engine in the future, then I'm sold wow.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#86 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 6 2011, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love my Xbox 360, but I am very dissapointed with the with M$ thinking their line-up will satisfy the hardcore consumers, Gears of War this year and Halo 4 Next year, and that's it, everything else is for the Kinect, Pathetic, seriously the worst line-up i've seen in years.

Sony on the other had sooo much content that they could only give each title a few minutes, and thre is still a kittenload of official titles that are coming from Japan that weren't even mentioned, like Final Fantasy Xiii Versus, Tales of Graces, and Xillia (The latter better be localised.) two exclusives over 18 months versus 6 plus titles for Sony. I'm taking my Xbox 360 controller finding a converter that will allow me to play it on the PS3 and i'll be happy.

My only real issue is the Europeon price of the Vita, why are we once again forced to pay so much more than US? $249 for US and $362 for Europe, it's another pisstake. The US launch price is amazing, not so much for Europe, I guess i'll hope the initial launch titles are not great and it quickly drops in price like the 3DS did, I've seen it for £160 in some retailers, £60 less than the launch price.

Nintendo have their work cut out for them, they have two hours to redeem the 3DS which is weak graphically compared to Vita, and they are launching a new hardware that has to be a big jump otherwise noone will buy it except for the fanboys.

Tales of Graces is really coming this year hooray! wow.png
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#87 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

#88 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:08 AM

I was dissapointed to find out that Mass Effect 3 wasn't going to be released until March next year. Saw the gameplay from Dead Island and I really want it now.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#89 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:03 AM

Where'd he get that Jetpack!?!

Also...

Awesomesauce.

Edited by Insurrection, 07 June 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#90 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Hey, any video of F1 2011? My brother kept nagging me all day about it. I can't find anything anywere.

#91 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 6 2011, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I already watch it at the first page thanks anyway. happy.gif

EDIT: never mind this is the full trailer what I saw was the teaser trailer thanks man. wink.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 07 June 2011 - 11:50 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#92 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jun 7 2011, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And why is that? Their show has yet to air, and I'm really getting pumped. They owned E3 last year, and they'll do it again imho, with Sony a close second/shared first. Microsoft lost with their obsessive Kinect b*llsh*t.

#93 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jun 7 2011, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why is that? Their show has yet to air, and I'm really getting pumped. They owned E3 last year, and they'll do it again imho, with Sony a close second/shared first. Microsoft lost with their obsessive Kinect b*llsh*t.

While I find all this Kinect PS move stuff an lame attempt to immitate the Wii, I gotta addimit the voice command demonstration was very damn impressive on Mass Effect 3, I wish I could do stuff like that on my games.

#94 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jun 7 2011, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I find all this Kinect PS move stuff an lame attempt to immitate the Wii, I gotta addimit the voice command demonstration was very damn impressive on Mass Effect 3, I wish I could do stuff like that on my games.

Yes thank you alexander my thoughts exactly. Even if I have a PS3 the move has never move me it has never gotten my attention because both move and kinect are just copies of the Wii controller. Both Sony and Microsoft needed more products to squeeze more money from people so what they do to achieve that why let's copy Nintendo and their controller. It bothers me that neither can be original and has to take the idea from the same company that owned E3 last year not to mention that last year the Wii was higher on sales than PS3 and 360 that was the reason why you couldn't get a Wii in Christmas. But at least Sony come up with something awesome like the PSV.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#95 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Kyuudaime @ Jun 6 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rolleyes.gif Why? Because they're marketing towards casual gamers? There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it looks like Sony and Microsoft have clearly taken a page out of their book. If it sells, it sells. My roommates and I have a a PS3, and 360, and a Wii at our place. Guess which one people want to play at parties? Hell, I gotta give props to them, if they can throw out stuff to casual gamers while still keeping the hardcore Nintendo fans happy (Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, DKC Returns, and FE 10 didn't dissappoint in my book) they're clearly doing something right.
Sorry if I'm sounding irritating, I just see this elitist attitude towards casual gamers in the gaming community much more than I like.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#96 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jun 7 2011, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tales of Graces is really coming this year hooray! wow.png

Not sure about US but Europe release is first half 2012, probably same for the US. But it's definitely coming, Well Tales of Graces F for the PS3 is, for some reason not the Wii version, which might be because with Nintendo's Next console coming out same time it wouldn't sell as well. I'm still hoping that Vesperia would be announced for localisation, but seems unlikely now, tried to play the PS3 version in Japanese and had no idea what I was doing.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 7 2011, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This game is looking awesome, at around 1 minute mark looks like we visit some sort of shoppig complex with dots to represent NPC's, so might get the towns and shops everyone asked for, also looks like battles are more seamless, no longer go into a battle screen, you jump straight in, and also appears to able to fire long range weapons as well....it's already looking like an awesome game..And so far no SNOW!!!! Hopefully stays like that, didn't mind him so much but Sareh and him just didn't look like a good couple, she looked like a 14 year old and he looked in hit late 20's.

Edited by harry4e, 07 June 2011 - 03:24 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#97 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Jun 7 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif Why? Because they're marketing towards casual gamers? There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it looks like Sony and Microsoft have clearly taken a page out of their book. If it sells, it sells. My roommates and I have a a PS3, and 360, and a Wii at our place. Guess which one people want to play at parties? Hell, I gotta give props to them, if they can throw out stuff to casual gamers while still keeping the hardcore Nintendo fans happy (Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, DKC Returns, and FE 10 didn't dissappoint in my book) they're clearly doing something right.
Sorry if I'm sounding irritating, I just see this elitist attitude towards casual gamers in the gaming community much more than I like.

If they want to market to casuals, they can have at it. But Nintendo has struggled to put out great games on a consistent basis. A big part of that is because of it's weak third party support. Which by the way, doesn't sell very well on the Wii for the most part. Not to mention the outdated specs that keep a lot of big mulplatofrm games off the system. Twilight Princess' motion controls weren't all that good. They felt tacked on. Yea, every once in awhile they throw you a Mario Galaxy or a DKC, but after those release you're left waiting for the next big game. Compared to PS3 & 360's lineup, the Wii's library is pretty underwhelming. I'm looking forward to Skyward Sword this year, but that's about it. In comparison, I can name a bunch of great titles, exclusive or multplatform, for the PS3 & 360. Hopefully the Cafe can offer more than just more Wii sports.

#98 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 7 2011, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure about US but Europe release is first half 2012, probably same for the US. But it's definitely coming, Well Tales of Graces F for the PS3 is, for some reason not the Wii version, which might be because with Nintendo's Next console coming out same time it wouldn't sell as well. I'm still hoping that Vesperia would be announced for localisation, but seems unlikely now, tried to play the PS3 version in Japanese and had no idea what I was doing.

This game is looking awesome, at around 1 minute mark looks like we visit some sort of shoppig complex with dots to represent NPC's, so might get the towns and shops everyone asked for, also looks like battles are more seamless, no longer go into a battle screen, you jump straight in, and also appears to able to fire long range weapons as well....it's already looking like an awesome game..And so far no SNOW!!!! Hopefully stays like that, didn't mind him so much but Sareh and him just didn't look like a good couple, she looked like a 14 year old and he looked in hit late 20's.

I wouldn't be too sure about that square enix said that everyone from the first will be there (don't know about Fang and Vanille though) so expect to see Snow. The game takes place a few years after the first (two years probably) that means Snow and Serah must have gotten married. The gameplay of Noel and Serah is obviously the beginning we don't know if she will get separated from Noel and then he meets Lightning and they start traveling together (I do hope they get together don't like Hope/Lightning dry.gif).
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#99 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Okay, it might have started out pretty boring without any great surprises, but I'm REALLY happy with the Wii U now. The second they announced Batman: Arkham City for this machine, I knew I'd be getting it at launch. A new Ninja Gaiden on a NINTENDO machine again is pretty damn sweet as well, so maybe we won't be stuck with the kiddy-stamp any longer.

And the controller looked funky and too large, but I won't judge it before I have it in my hands. The idea is brilliant though, and I can't wait to buy this.

#100 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Wii U. Its different, but like the Wii, it has you imagining its potential. I like it, but not blown away. In terms of specs, they don't seem to have taken a leap ahead of Sony and Microsoft, but caught up. Some titles look better than others. I like the idea of being able to play these full games in bed, especially multiplayer. Nintendo definitely had the best show. But I probably won't be getting off the PS3 for the Wii u. Already have my friends, quality games I want to play now and in the future, and a new console due in a few years. I think its great if you are exclusive to nintendo.

3DS wise..more of the same. I only really want to play Mario and Kid Icarus.
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users