4 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Rate The Last Book You Have Read from 1-10

tumblr_nmc0g2eZQl1rzjkkno1_500.gif

Since we have a "Rate The Last Anime You've Watched from 1-10" thread, I thought to myself:" Why not create one for books?" So for the avid book readers and passionate writers in here, give a rating from 1-10 for the last book you've read. May it be fiction, nonfiction, autobiography, historical, young adult- anything's fine, but I propose you to follow these guidelines (but only if you want to):

Title of the Book:

Author:

Genre:

Rating:

Comment:

Let's see how long this thread will live on :D

cats_reading_books_19.gif

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

"Players first" By John Calipari. It captured the love he has for his players and why I think he's not only one of the best coaches but one of the best people ever to coach the greastest tradition in the history of College Sports.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:47 PM

An old classic for me.

Title of the Book: Howl's Moving Castle

Author: Diana Wynne Jones

Genre: Young Adults/Fantasy/Humour

Rating: 10/10

Comment: It's probably the Nth time I read it, first time in english though, and I can't stop loving it, I just can't. Granted I have to thank Miyazaki from the bottom of my heart for making me discover the novel, I can safely say that I appreciated it more than the movie. The characters are brilliant with strong and amazing personalities and the touch of Wales is incomparable. It ranges with quotes that go from John Donne's poetry to Welsh songs such as Sosban Fach, what's not to love about it? Sophie's much more entertaining in the book, quite the acidic little crone, amusing, jealous and naive but not a starry-eyed young girl like in the movie. Howl is also much funnier, a complete and unrepentant scoundrel, vain and fussy. Additionally there are great many secondary characters who enrich the story with quirks and oddities. All in all, a great fantasy, a lovely and light read with two pretty sequels. 

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#4 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

I just love, love, love this idea. :wow: Why didn't I think of it?

Title: Birthmarked

Author: Caragh M. O'Brien

Rating: 8/10

Genre: Young Adult/ Dystopian

Comment: The first of a three part series, so I'm waiting until I finish the second and third books before I really decide what I think of it as a whole. It's one of those books that seems to have flown under the radar and doesn't get the recognition of say, The Hunger Games or Divergent, but I found it very enjoyable. While not heavy on the action, it deals with interesting concepts and has a competent, self-sufficient heroine, overall a very promising start for a trilogy.

#5 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:12 AM

This Lullaby, By Sarah Dessen
7/10
Sarah Dessen writes lots of YA fiction books that all follow the same formula. Kinda cheesy but still fun, quick summer reads. This is the fourth that I've read and probably my second favorite one. The reason this book really stands out is because of Dexter, the adorable love interest. He's a well-written character, easily typable by the enneagram personality system, and is a very likable character too! I could sing his praises all day. The girl was kind of annoying and Dessen has a habit of writing really meaningful sounding quotes that actually don't have any serious meaning. They seem like posers to me. Anyway, I keep going all over the place. It's late and I'm tired haha. Anyhoo that's the last book I read!

BTW two reviews up, Howl's Moving Castle is my most favorite book in the WORLD!! It almost makes me angry when people say they love it and have only seen the movie because the book is so much better!! Howl has SO much more character! If you wanna seen a drama queen, read the part in Howl's Moving Castle when Howl's mourning the death of his teacher and is "sick" and just wallowing around the house with his little black tissues 😂 Anyway I LOVE that book. SO cute. And don't get me wrong, I love the movie, but I prefer the book. The only thing the movie improves is the romance but everything else, characters included, is better in the book.

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: book, novel, author, story, literature, fiction, nonfiction, review, critic, writing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users