• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Interests:my interests? well, they are ever evolving as life goes on.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:09 AM

This thread is dedicated to all things Percy Jackson! Whether it be Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus, your favorite pairings, your favorite characters, discussion over prophecies and theories, and all that jazz, this is the place!

{ Note that not everybody has read all the books, so be mindful about spoilers, such as Heroes of Olympus spoilers, but that's a given }

Edited by Paul Blowfish, 15 September 2014 - 01:10 AM.

rsz_photo_1_zps7fb3fb6d.jpg

do you wanna build a snowman?  
{ i would love to meet you! }

#2 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

Tbh I was upset when Percy x Annabeth became a couple. I was kinda hoping for Rachel x Percy. But that's just me!

#3 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts
  • Interests:KakaSaku & NaruSaku

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

I've read every book except for House of Hades. That's next on my list :D
tumblr_o2ymbkICMv1ttuk3wo3_500.gif

#4 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:20 AM

I've read every book except for House of Hades. That's next on my list :D

The House of Hades was incredible. I love how Rick Riordan described everything. Read it ASAP, the Mark of Athena really leaves you on a cliffhanger. :wink:

Edited by Paul Blowfish, 15 September 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#5 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

Tbh I was upset when Percy x Annabeth became a couple. I was kinda hoping for Rachel x Percy. But that's just me!

Spoilers for The Last Olympian

Sorry about the spoiler thing, I'm a bit nitpicky about spoiling, even if they might not be spoilers. xD

Edited by Paul Blowfish, 15 September 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#6 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:50 AM

Spoilers for The Last Olympian

Sorry about the spoiler thing, I'm a bit nitpicky about spoiling, even if they might not be spoilers. xD

Sorry, I can't help it. XD

#7 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:57 AM

The House of Hades was incredible. I love how Rick Riordan described everything. Read it ASAP, the Mark of Athena really leaves you on a cliffhanger. :wink:

Lol, I will. I just need to find the time to do so :D

#8 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:08 AM

Lol, I will. I just need to find the time to do so :D

So, who's your favorite member of the seven? I have to say LEO VALDEZ, because seriously, if I could marry a fictional character, it would be him. :wub: lol. And do you find Jason as useless? He admitted it himself in the Mark of Athena, which I found hilarious.  :lol:  I have to say he had his moments, like that storm he and Percy made, but he did get hit with a brick in the beginning of the book. xD

#9 Swagkura

Swagkura

真夜中の太陽

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:42 AM

So, who's your favorite member of the seven? I have to say LEO VALDEZ, because seriously, if I could marry a fictional character, it would be him. :wub: lol. And do you find Jason as useless? He admitted it himself in the Mark of Athena, which I found hilarious.  :lol:  I have to say he had his moments, like that storm he and Percy made, but he did get hit with a brick in the beginning of the book. xD

Percy's probably my favorite guy character. I've known him the longest, so he's the one that interests me most. My favorite girl is either between Annabeth or Piper. Annabeth is one of my faves because I loved how she was the smartest one of the bunch (daughter of Athena, duh), and how she's able to hold her own in almost any kind of situation. Then Piper was introduced, and I started to really enjoy her character. I love her charmspeak ability, and I love the fact that she's so different compared to the other children of Aphrodite. I like Jason, but he doesn't really intrigue me as much as the other six do.

#10 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:10 PM

Favorite book series actually, glad to see a thread about it.

I ship Percy and Annabeth cause that is life.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#11 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

THE END IS NEAR! Hue. Percy X Beth is Kinda NaruSaku though. 

I'm Currrently Rereading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series since the Last Book is coming out this October.

and I can't Just ignore the Fact the PERCABETH (PercyXAnnabeth) Screams NARUSAKU.

You Know, Heroine Loves/Crushes on the Male Antagonist (who is a friend in the start, and is waaay cooler that the Protagonist) , only to find out that said Male betrays them and Helps the Bad Side to revive someone, while the hero and heroine trains and becomes closer in the process.

In the End, Antagonist finds error in his ways and helps defeat the Bad guy in the end while Female Heroine realizes that her feelings have changed and that during the years, she slowly but surely fell inlove with the protagonist.  :D

LOL. Just random thoughts  :D

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#12 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Favorite book series actually, glad to see a thread about it.

I ship Percy and Annabeth cause that is life.

Thanks! I've been wanting to start it up for awhile, surprised nobody had started a thread yet. Percy x Annabeth for da win. Luke was just a stupid obstacle.

THE END IS NEAR! Hue. Percy X Beth is Kinda NaruSaku though. 

I'm Currrently Rereading the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series since the Last Book is coming out this October.

and I can't Just ignore the Fact the PERCABETH (PercyXAnnabeth) Screams NARUSAKU.

You Know, Heroine Loves/Crushes on the Male Antagonist (who is a friend in the start, and is waaay cooler that the Protagonist) , only to find out that said Male betrays them and Helps the Bad Side to revive someone, while the hero and heroine trains and becomes closer in the process.

In the End, Antagonist finds error in his ways and helps defeat the Bad guy in the end while Female Heroine realizes that her feelings have changed and that during the years, she slowly but surely fell inlove with the protagonist.  :D

LOL. Just random thoughts  :D

Lol. That's PJO in a nutshell. And I know right? That's also why NaruSaku appeals to me the most, because it's like Percabeth. The whole guy is an idiot yet strong main character and girl is smart, and can totally beat him up heroine, it's perfect. :wub:

Percy's probably my favorite guy character. I've known him the longest, so he's the one that interests me most. My favorite girl is either between Annabeth or Piper. Annabeth is one of my faves because I loved how she was the smartest one of the bunch (daughter of Athena, duh), and how she's able to hold her own in almost any kind of situation. Then Piper was introduced, and I started to really enjoy her character. I love her charmspeak ability, and I love the fact that she's so different compared to the other children of Aphrodite. I like Jason, but he doesn't really intrigue me as much as the other six do.

I think of Jason as one of those leader types, nothing too special, but he can fly so that's cool(?) In the Lost Hero, I love how Piper was all like to Drew, "I went on one more quest then you have, so that naturally would make me cabin leader, any objections?" or something like that, I haven't re-read it in a while. Like you said, I like how she's different and even HATED the fact that's she was a daughter of Aphrodite.

Edited by Paul Blowfish, 15 September 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#13 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hey Paul Blowfish (Blofis) haha. Just Noticed your name.

I did kinda like Percy X Rachel at one point. They even shared a small kiss. haha. But yea. Percabeth is life.

as for Jason, I don't really like him.. I dont know why. I still look at percy as the leader. dunno, maybe because i really like Poseidon/Percy's attitude..

His wife:

#14 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

Hey Paul Blowfish (Blofis) haha. Just Noticed your name.

I did kinda like Percy X Rachel at one point. They even shared a small kiss. haha. But yea. Percabeth is life.

as for Jason, I don't really like him.. I dont know why. I still look at percy as the leader. dunno, maybe because i really like Poseidon/Percy's attitude..

Finally, somebody understood it. I expected somebody would since there are so many Percy Jackson fans. xD Percy and Rachel were cute but Percabeth man. All the feels. :wub: lol.

Jason, I wish he could be more special, but he's just Jason. Jason is a son of Zeus ( hope that isn't a spoiler ) but that's about what makes him special. Percy of course is the one we look to as a leader. Maybe because we know him more or just because Percy overall appeals more. I want to give Jason a chance, but since he's a new character and he hasn't really proven himself as great as the other six, and not to mention we're at the last book this October, ( omg it's so close O.O ) he is nothing too impressive sadly. D:

Edited by Paul Blowfish, 16 September 2014 - 02:09 PM.

#15 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

I liked the first five books (and, curiously, the movies, but I view the movies as an alternate universe version; the characters are too old, and the aging of the characters has changed the dynamic of the romance, but they're still fun), but the latest set hasn't grabbed me.  It's probably just the radical change of central characters; the storyline feels broken, and I can't get into the new kids.  I'm not even sure how many books have been published in that set, so far -- I dropped the series part-way into the second one.

Edited by desaix, 18 September 2014 - 07:10 AM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#16 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:56 PM

Finally, somebody understood it. I expected somebody would since there are so many Percy Jackson fans. xD Percy and Rachel were cute but Percabeth man. All the feels. :wub: lol.

Jason, I wish he could be more special, but he's just Jason. Jason is a son of Zeus ( hope that isn't a spoiler ) but that's about what makes him special. Percy of course is the one we look to as a leader. Maybe because we know him more or just because Percy overall appeals more. I want to give Jason a chance, but since he's a new character and he hasn't really proven himself as great as the other six, and not to mention we're at the last book this October, ( omg it's so close O.O ) he is nothing too impressive sadly. D:

Haha. Yea, maybe its because we've been with Percy waaay more longer than Jason, so we really dont know much about him.

I liked the first five books (and, curiously, the movies, but I view the movies as an alternate universe version; the characters are too old, and the aging of the characters has changed the dynamic of the romance, but they're still fun), but the latest set hasn't grabbed me.  It's probably just the radical change of central characters; the storyline feels broken, and I can't get into the new kids.  I'm not even sure how many books have been published in that set, so far -- I dropped the series part-way into the second one.

As for the Movie. it was fine, but what really disturbed me is that freakin clarisse is freaking H O T. Which really doesnt fit the description of clarisse in the books.. and Annabeth is a bit OOC, as she likes percy too much in this movie.

His wife:

#17 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

Haha. Yea, maybe its because we've been with Percy waaay more longer than Jason, so we really dont know much about him.

As for the Movie. it was fine, but what really disturbed me is that freakin clarisse is freaking H O T. Which really doesnt fit the description of clarisse in the books.. and Annabeth is a bit OOC, as she likes percy too much in this movie.

Percy is the only one for me. As for the movies, I can't see it as an AU, mainly because it's the same kinda idea, just different details. I haven't actually SEEN the movie, (mainly out of horror of what I may find), but if Clarisse is GOOD LOOKING and that it's so obvious that Percy and Annabeth like each other, I have a feeling their age and Annabeth's hair color aren't gonna be the only things that bug me.. O.O

#18 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Sorry Bout the Spoiler. But Yea Clarisse is hot in the movie. Lucky Chris Rodriguez. lol.

Anyway 19 more days for the Last book D:

His wife:

#19 Paul Blowfish

Paul Blowfish

Kirsten

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sorry Bout the Spoiler. But Yea Clarisse is hot in the movie. Lucky Chris Rodriguez. lol.

Anyway 19 more days for the Last book D:

You're fine, I never planned to watch the movie anyway.

The Blood of Olympus. It's so close. Did you preorder it?
PS: Is my avatar messed up or something? My iPad is giving me problems. >.<

#20 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

You're fine, I never planned to watch the movie anyway.

The Blood of Olympus. It's so close. Did you preorder it?
PS: Is my avatar messed up or something? My iPad is giving me problems. >.<

I did, I've got a Digital and Hard Copy (not planning to open that one) Pre Ordered. I live way down in Australia, so i'm not sure if my order is going to come in time D: well at least ive got the Digital Version on my Ipad. lol

You're Avatar? It's still Sakura's Sexy back :)

His wife:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users