Close
Photo

Pope Benedict said Child Rape isn't bad...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 1 2011, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, and have the guards shove a tube...i rather not say this forum has laws for me to say such a thing.

Or you just have no real idea about what it is.

#22 socermania2

socermania2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

Are you kidding.

He didn't say that Child Rape isnt bad. He said it wasn't an absolute evil; evil, but not in the same vein as murder.

Moreover, the website iss heavily biased the Catholic Church. It does not paint a full picture of the situation.
BLACK AND WHITE

#23 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (socermania2 @ Jun 1 2011, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you kidding.

He didn't say that Child Rape isnt bad. He said it wasn't an absolute evil; evil, but not in the same vein as murder.

Moreover, the website iss heavily biased the Catholic Church. It does not paint a full picture of the situation.

Well....

I don't know too much about 70's culture, but I guess a loooooooooooooooong time ago man-boy relationships weren't taboo. Read Plato's Republic. Then you can curse me when you're done because it's boring as hell. But if I remember correctly he extoles the virtues of the man-boy stuff, though not rape, or rather forcible rape given how rape is currently defined in most Penal Codes.

Anyway, no he didn't say what the headline claims he did, but what he was pretty tone deaf, dumb, and offensive. Not in the same vein as murder.........you'd be surprised what people think. I think serial killers and particularly brutual murders set people off more, but the one in our area from last year where one gang member blew away another, nope, not even close.

Even fellow crooks despise child molesters. Not an absolute evil...can't think of anyone you could convince that it wasn't.

#24 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 1 2011, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well....

I don't know too much about 70's culture, but I guess a loooooooooooooooong time ago man-boy relationships weren't taboo. Read Plato's Republic. Then you can curse me when your done because it's boring as hell. But if I remember correctly he extoles the virtues of the man-boy stuff, though not rape, or rather forcibly rape given how rape is currently defined in most Penal Codes.

Anyway, no he didn't say what the headline claims he does, but what he was pretty tone deaf, dumb, and offensive. Not in the same vein as murder.........you'd be surprised what people think. I think serial killers and particularly brutual murders set people off more, but the one in our area from last year where one gang member blew away another, nope, not even close.

Even fellow crooks despise child molesters. Not an absolute evil...can't think of anyone you could convince that it wasn't.

Except maybe child molesters or NAMBLA.

Also on this topic, I think that we should give the Vatican a golf clap for promptly reacting to the crisis with a policy to deal with priests that are accused of child abuse. Now, the bishops are instructed to cooperate with the police with sex abuse cases when required by local laws and priests that are accused are recommended to be given other duties. At least, you can't say that the Church is jumping to conclusions or overreacting.

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jun 1 2011, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Except maybe child molesters or NAMBLA.

Also on this topic, I think that we should give the Vatican a golf clap for promptly reacting to the crisis with a policy to deal with priests that are accused of child abuse. Now, the bishops are instructed to cooperate with the police with sex abuse cases when required by local laws and priests that are accused are recommended to be given other duties. At least, you can't say that the Church is jumping to conclusions or overreacting.

Yeah, NAMBLA, too. I know of another guy who did the same and who argued that you should be able to love anybody (including sexually) and I do mean anybody. He got 40 years because that's what he did and Austraila still wants a piece of him for the same thing. He was known locally as "The Virus."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users