20 replies to this topic

#1 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

"Comic books are one of the most potent and pure forms of communication that we have. Taking a medium as complex and contrived as the written language, and combining it with a most primitive and direct form of creative communication - drawing... This is an incredible medium. The archetypes created in comic books are so powerful that people cannot help but embrace them. We need this, and we naturally gravitate towards a certain kind of creative invention that exemplifies everything that is powerful, beautiful and graceful about our humanity and what we aspire to. Maybe comic books got some attention because we all grew up and kept talking about them, demanding and getting attention for them. But nothing would have happened if they weren't an entirely mind-blowing synthesis of art and literature filled with dreams." - Sonia Harris, writer of the "Committed" collumn for "Comics Should Be Good"

Comic books are as much about showing as they are telling. Say what you will about prose and movies, but there are simply some things they cannot do that the humble comic book can. So I believe there should be a thread to celebrate that; to show cool pages from across comics and discuss them. The other comic thread focuses on just talking about comics, but this one is to show and to tell.

From "Final Crisis Aftermath: Ink", the Tattooed Man, which I post solely because I freaking love the colors:

Tattooed Man --Click here to view--

From "Batman/Planetary: Night on Earth", by Warren Ellis and John Cassaday:

From Detective Comics 859 - by Greg Rucka and JH Williams III - which is part two of the arc "Go!", detailing a lost Kathy Kane - trying to find her way in life after becoming victim of the Army's DADT policy - meeting Batman for the first time, which leads her to become a crimefighter as Batwoman.

From a recent issue of Batman (kitten Grayson is Batman for the time being and sweet jesus that word is actually on the censor filter?):

From Green Arrow/Black Canary:

From Batman #687, by Judd Winnick, Ed Benes and Rob Hunter; which has the Bat family dealing with the aftermath of Bruce Waynes "death":

Assorted panels from Hitman #1,000,000, by Garth Ennis and John McCrea:

Comic Panels --Click here to view--

bd5.jpg

#2 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:37 PM

"This is different" LOL ORLY? Oh batman <3

AWESOME IDEA! Who needs to type when we all can copypasta liek crazy? pictureem0.gif

--
X-23: Innocence Lost

I know it's horrific and blah blah that she's able to do this but GAWD I'm grinning like mad at how she beats each and every mission, time spared, with such finesse. I wanna say U GO GIRRRR but she'd be all "...is that a mission?" or something hm.png

SPOILER OMG SPOILER DON'T LOOK SRSLY - part of the end --Click here to view--

sadness, she's what 10 years old here? Jeezus, I loved the writing in this one. Dunno if it's considered good compared since it's one of my first reads but either way it was heartbreakan and I was pretty moved by this series :c

Target X

NOW I KNOW WHAT THE ONES IN HER FEET ARE FOR biggrin.gif

i lol'd heartily. He thinks HE CAN GET AWAY HAW HAW. And no I'm not a sadist, if ya read the story these warm feelings are justified and not creepy at all XDD

Ok that's scarier than an overworked balding dude with an axe, srsly. I'd rather have HEEREEE'S JOHNNY over GRRR GROWL HEH HEH GRRWOALFW SHRACKSHRACKSHRACK any day D:

and two more from the same series *WARNING SPOILERS*:

I seriously can't get over how freakin well they depicted her emotions. I mean what writer can say that they personally know of a person who was raised as a weapon, tortured and trained/forced to kill, from birth? Yeah no, I'm pretty sure this is how it would go. Cheers to writers and staff (I'll get to you Choi and Oback soon..)!

Also jeez Laura's life sucks (understatement of the year award!). I'm still dealing with the fact that this isn't airing on a disney/wb owned network where the good guys get their happy ending, because LOOK AT HER. On a bus, reading that letter, knowing the truth, running from Krazy Bish Kimura and that facility and ...just :/

and that's all for these two. Before I go on I just wanna say HOLY SH!T CHOI AND OBACK ARE NOW TWO OF MY FAVORITE ARTISTS!!! ;____; You don't understand, I'm a total arttard, I get PURE ADULTERATED JOY from good anatomy and smooth shading and expressive facial features and action and the sexy blurry and the backgrounds and the camera angles and OMFG Choi and Oback (tis a chick booyah) have my babies. Or draw me babies on my body, whichevers fine. wow.png

-------

and now something I just recently finished and way lighter than the above XD

Chuck (comic adaptation of the NBC HIT SHOW GO WATCH Chuck)
Chuck follows a lead to Japan.

and I seriously had lost it. Chuck never change.

small panel preview --Click here to view--
Morgan follows his thirst for destiny fulfillment...will he find it?

LOL this is like one of the extras at the end of one of the chapters in the Chuck comics... it was short but super sweet, ah wow.png

I don't have alotta pages since I don't read comics by the QUANTITY, so I just posted what I've read so far (not including YTLM, waaay to long) SO YAY I TRIED

#3 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:36 AM

Oooh, X-23. I know her best from her recent exploits with the team "X-Force", which is the X-Men black op's unit led by Wolverine. I clearly need to read "Innocence Lost".

From Blackest Night: Batman. kitten is Batman in this.

From Batman & Robin #7, by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart. In this, kitten Grayson (currently Batman), is explaining to Batwoman why he is going to risk everything to try and bring back his mentor, Bruce Wayne:

From S.W.O.R.D. #1:

From Dark Reign: The List - Secret Warriors:

Pirate Batman kicks a shark in the face:

bd5.jpg

#4 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

That image trumps Mike Haggar piledriving a shark hands down.

Edited by FullmetalNinjaED, 02 February 2010 - 01:37 AM.

uc.png

#5 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

Mike Haggars got nothing on Batman, fo' sho'.

From Siege #2, by Brian Bendis and Oliver Copiel; Steve Rogers is back:

bd5.jpg

#6 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:47 AM

Hah! Love Osborn's silence as the Cap's shield comes bearing down his helmet.

#7 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:26 AM

Two Chris Sprouse illustrated pages from the first issue of Return of Bruce Wayne!

Return of Bruce Wayne #1 pencilled pages --Click here to view--

It's the return of the Hairy Chested Love-God!

Also, all six semi-interlocking covers of Return of Bruce Wayne!

Return of Bruce Wayne covers --Click here to view--

DO WANT NOW.

*breathes in paper bag*

Edited by dl316bh, 31 March 2010 - 04:27 AM.

bd5.jpg

#8 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

So, what's up with the covers now??

#9 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:58 PM

Open up the image with all of them side by side and look closely. The backgrounds of each successive cover connect. To form a Bat. It's a very clever way of making it so each cover can stand alone but can also form an image when put side by side.

So, anyone familiar with Mogo? If not, he's a sentient planet whom is a member if the Green Lantern Corps in the DC Universe. He doesn't always do much - in a classic story it's explained that "Mogo Doesn't Socialize" because if he got too close to another planet he'd wreck havoc - but occasionally he shows how awesome he is. The chips are down and this is one of those times.

Mogo alters his gravity to consume loads of Black Lanterns, saving his comrades.

Green Lantern Corps #44 pages --Click here to view--

Edited by dl316bh, 31 March 2010 - 09:59 PM.

bd5.jpg

#10 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Batman Overpowered --Click here to view--

Not really a comic book page, but a motivator. Is he really overpowered?

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:20 AM

From Blackest Night #8 *Spoiler Warning* --Click here to view--

wow.png Awesome!

uc.png

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

Cool preview pic for volume 4 of Return to Labyrinth (how can I wait till August now?!)

http://www.gobblin.n...l-nothing-more/

Jareth and Sarah shippers like me are really looking forward to this volume now.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Mar 30 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two Chris Sprouse illustrated pages from the first issue of Return of Bruce Wayne!

Return of Bruce Wayne #1 pencilled pages --Click here to view--

It's the return of the Hairy Chested Love-God!

Also, all six semi-interlocking covers of Return of Bruce Wayne!

Return of Bruce Wayne covers --Click here to view--

DO WANT NOW.

*breathes in paper bag*

ZOMFG!!!!! *Insert freak out* kaldfj;akldjg;adsklgnjSK;LG\,J;lskghSHG
Tsu.gif

#14 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:40 AM

Rogue and Remy (Gambit) discuss each other and their long standing on again-off again relationship. They've been giving each other space since Rogues "I can't touch people" thing was wrapped and all that and Rogue has stuff to deal with. Feels like she doesn't want to lose control. Which brings us to this page; Rogue had temporarily borrowed the Stepford Cuckoo's powers and as she's talking the images shown are being transmitted to the minds of the folks nearby. LOLCOPTER coming in for landing.

X-Men Legacy #234 pages --Click here to view--

So glad that it's looking like Gambit will be back on an X-Men team proper in the Heroic Age; he's been away for far too long.

This isn't really a scan, but a cover, but I love the damn thing to pieces.

Superman #701 cover --Click here to view--

From Dark Reign: The List Punisher. Norman Osborn sends Wolverines son Daken to finish off Frank Castle. Frank dies like a man, fighting to his last breath.

The List Punisher pages --Click here to view--

Of course, Frank wasn't exactly dead but a couple of minutes. He was found by the Legion of Monsters and reanimated. As Franken-Castle.

Hell yeah!

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 6 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not really a comic book page, but a motivator. Is he really overpowered?

It's referring to the idea of giving the most skilled non-metahuman in the DCU a power ring, which would constitute overpowering him to an unbelievable degree.

Edited by dl316bh, 25 April 2010 - 10:46 PM.

bd5.jpg

#15 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

Of course Frank Castle will become the FrankenCastle Monster.... XD

#16 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:15 PM

Ares, the God of War, has fallen amidst Siege, Marvel's current four issue event. His son, the God of Fear, finds out. Time for vengeance.

Siege: Secret Warriors pages --Click here to view--

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Apr 23 2010, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course Frank Castle will become the FrankenCastle Monster.... XD

Well, hey. It sounds crazy. But you'd be surprised what turns out to be totally awesome.

Seriously, this is one of those ideas that you never knew you wanted until you heard about it.

From Red Robin #12:

Red Robin #12 pages --Click here to view--

Oh Wonder Girl; you're so useless.

Edited by dl316bh, 04 May 2010 - 05:20 AM.

bd5.jpg

#17 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:06 AM

Lalalalalala...

I'm in a particularly shippy mood today.

From... uhh... I think it's one of the issues of the currently running Avengers: Childrens Crusade mini.

page from something to do with the Young Avengers --Click here to view--

That's Kate Bishop and Patriot.

From... oh god dammit I don't know, some issue of Flash.

page from some issue of Flash --Click here to view--

That's Wally West and his wife Linda Parks, of course.

Pete Wisdom in the house in Excalibur #89 and #90 (by Warren Ellis).

Excalibur #89 pages --Click here to view--

Excalibur #90 pages --Click here to view--

So yeah, Kitty Pryde was with an awesome british spy at one point. Don't feel bad if you didn't know. Marvel doesn't bring it up much. They're too busy shoving her with Colossus.

They eventually broke up, as you can guess. Mostly because Kitty went back to Colossus. He seems almost like a footnote in her past; I don't think I've ever seen her talk about Wisdom much. But Pete never really forgot her. He's still got a picture of them from when they were together.

A Calvin and Hobbes tribute from Superman/Batman #75.

Joker and Lex strip --Click here to view--

I'll be spamming some Batman/Zatanna shippiness now.

From Superman/Batman #61:

Justice League of America #33:

From an issue of Superman/Batman; can't remember which, but it was part of the Search for Kryptonite arc.

This is from an issue of the second volume of Catwoman; wish I could tell you which one.

Edited by dl316bh, 08 September 2010 - 02:50 AM.

bd5.jpg

#18 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

I still think Thor's return and his smack down of Iron Man is one of the most kittenin' scenes of all time.

#19 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

[quote name='dl316bh' date='Apr 28 2010, 08:15 PM' post='273877']
Ares, the God of War, has fallen amidst Siege, Marvel's current four issue event. His son, the God of Fear, finds out. Time for vengeance.

Siege: Secret Warriors pages --Click here to view--

The god of war is dead? this looks like a job for Kratos! fu.png Sorry, I coundn't resist.

But there is also a god of war comic, and it seems really interesting too

God of war Comics --Click here to view--

My country don't sell this *hiperventilates*

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#20 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

I still think Thor's return and his smack down of Iron Man is one of the most kittenin' scenes of all time.

I remember that. Thors always been particularly badass. Hell, at the climax of the legendary Walt Simonson run, he confronts Loki, who had manipulated much of what had happened to Thor over the several years from behind the scenes. There's no big fight or anything; Thor just says he's going to leave peacefully, but before he does, he just cold breaks Loki's arm with his hammer.

My country don't sell this *hiperventilates*

It will inevitably get a trade paperback collection, I'm sure. Which you could likely get sent to you.

Marv Wolfman was likely a good choice for writer; he's always been fond of using mythology in his comics work.

From Batgirl #4.

From Anti-Venom: New Ways to Live #2.

From some issue at some point during the whole Knightfall saga of Batman.

From Assault on New Olympus #1.

I seriously need to get some collections of Incredible Hercules.

From Incredible Hercules #113.

From Incredible Hercules #114.

Have I mentioned that Damian Wayne is awesome?

assorted scans --Click here to view--

Because he is.

Edited by dl316bh, 09 September 2010 - 07:42 PM.

bd5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users