Close
Photo

What would be your Next Generations: Beginning?

Naruto Boruto Next Generations

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Analyzer

Analyzer

Fact Checker

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

Inspired by the question thrown around in the debate thread, what would be your episode or chapter one, or beginning? Can be current timeline or completely revised canon or both even, don't really care, just no bashing please.

Non-Canon/Revised Canon Timeline: Brighter world about the NS Children, starting right at the beginning of them being genin on a first mission for a good hook. They'd be on the same team, easier to avoid overshadowing that way. Konohamaru would still be sensei. Immediate goal would be to establish the sibling dynamic through the mission, the son being over-protective as the mission turns dangerous, and the daughter being extremely talented and Sakura smart but also believing her brother's constant shielding is interfering with her focus and exceling. Their third member, (Mitsuki would work fine) would aid and hinder tension, as needed. Said mission would also end up touching upon the Uzumaki's clans history, and a darker side to the clan the villians could be tied to they would unearth. Could even feature Karin as a guest character.

Canon Timeline Chapter 1: Boruto starts with the same intro, but instead of jumping to the Movie timeline or the Academy, the future timeline is the main setting. All of the next gen are older in a Darker world with no Sasuke or Naruto, their fates still unknown. We'd flash back when needed, but I think the intro story being the story's actual when and where would have been really different and neat.

#2 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Honestly, never belived that there SHOULD be next generation anything at all. Given that last 50 or so chapters of manga went apekitten and speed up to hit 700.  In my opinion, if author worked in a pace he was comfort with, and he's best editor would miraculously come back I would suggest another 50 or so chapters for a post war arc.

But I guess it's a "next generation" topic, so view on resolving a "previous" generation problem probably doesn't suit it.

#3 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

I wouldn't want to start it from the next generation as in their kids.

I think I would have rather seen Naruto and Sakura and maybe Sasuke (would be kinda funny), take on a genin team. I think that would have been more interesting and would have. Had fresh faces compared to the genin team now that is of course a bit of a replica of the old rookie 9.

This would have given the chance to see someone else with different abilities as main protagonist. Which is something I would have preferred. It would have also given us the chance to see Naruto in a leadership role and make the orders/show us how he becomes Hokage.

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#4 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:12 PM

Hmm . . .

Shinachiku is a medic ninja like his mother, only medical ninjutsu is further expounded upon. Meaning we get the full arsenal of what was being hinted at when Kabuto fought Shizune. Chakra scalpels, a wide variety toxins with different effects and uses depending on the situation, a variety of chakra powered bacteria with different effects and uses depending on the situation and couple of original jutsus catered around seriously f-cking up the human if applied correctly (i.e. a touch based lightning jutsu that saps all of the electricity in the human brain). In my eyes, Shinachiku is a competent healer, but focuses mainly on skills designed to debilitate the body (which is what Sakura should have been, but since she's not, lets give it to her son). This way, his fights are always creative and unpredictable.

Moreover, I'd start the story with Shinachiku as a 15 year old jonin with his first day as the squad leader of three newly minted genins. This way, the story is a reverse of the original in that it's told from the perspective of the teacher of as opposed to the students. Only I'd make Shinachiku a terrible sensei and equally terrible at teamwork. That can be his arc. Learning how to lead and be responsible. An arc Naruto never got. This keeps things fresh as opposed to the "been there, done that" feeling we get from Boruto.

Sasuke has a daughter. We'll call her Miyako (Beautiful - Night - Child). She has long black hair and takes after her father's personality to a certain extent (taciturn, calculating, ruthless, but a daddy's girl when it's just her and her father). If I had it my way, Sasuke is never welcomed bad to the village nor given a free pass for his crimes, so he lives somewhere outside of Konoha as a watchful guardian and the founder of his own vigilante-like organization . As to who the mother is, I'm leaning towards Karin, but I do like the idea of it being Hinata simply for the sake of the wtf reaction people would get . . . similar to how Toriyama had Vegeta and Bulma get together for . . . reasons I guess. Plus, the story of Sasuke/Hinata getting together would be something else to tell entirely down the road. Simply putting him with Karin wouldn't leave much to tell. Anyways, I like the idea of Shinachiku being extremely arrogant initially, only to get his ass handed to him by Miyako during their first encounter, thus sparking a rivalry of sorts between them. 

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 17 October 2017 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#5 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:19 PM

^In that case the kid's mother would have to be Karin since she would live outsid eod the village, with Sasuke. Hinata is in Konoha and provably wouldn't move so a Sarada-ish situation is bound to happen.

Where does Shina's arrogance come from? Naruto is a knucklehead but not arrogant and all and Sakura would knock that kitten down everytime her son displays that side of him.

Edited by sushi., 17 October 2017 - 05:21 PM.

ナルサク

#6 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:28 PM

^In that case the kid's mother would have to be Karin since she would live outsid eod the village, with Sasuke. Hinata is in Konoha and provably wouldn't move so a Sarada-ish situation is bound to happen.

Where does Shina's arrogance come from? Naruto is a knucklehead but not arrogant and all and Sakura would knock that kitten down everytime her son displays that side of him.

Part 1 Naruto had some cracks of arrogance initially, but all of that got snuffed out real fast with repeat failure after failure. In Shina's case, he's the kage's son, the village is at peace and he 's smart enough to know better than to get carried away in front of his mom.  :wink: He's not actually had to live through the failures his father has had and is a jonin at the age of 16, so he's not quite had to get slapped down by harsh cold reality just yet.

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 17 October 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Posted Image

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

Throughwithlove Oh well I see what you mean I was thinking of the spoiled annoying type think Boruto :P Naruto is def a bit cocky

ナルサク

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Throughwithlove Oh well I see what you mean I was thinking of the spoiled annoying type think Boruto :P Naruto is def a bit cocky

Yeah, god forbid no. Yeah, I hate that and can't ever imagine a kid like that ever being raised by Sakura. Boruto's shtick wouldn't last one day in Sakura's household. :unsure:

Posted Image

#9 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

I wouldn't want to start it from the next generation as in their kids.
I think I would have rather seen Naruto and Sakura and maybe Sasuke (would be kinda funny), take on a genin team. I think that would have been more interesting and would have. Had fresh faces compared to the genin team now that is of course a bit of a replica of the old rookie 9.
This would have given the chance to see someone else with different abilities as main protagonist. Which is something I would have preferred. It would have also given us the chance to see Naruto in a leadership role and make the orders/show us how he becomes Hokage.

Yes, I second this! I'm not particularly interested in a re-do of characteristics and tropes immediately after (maybe as an OVA or a one-shot). And Sasuke with an annoying set of bratty genins aww :^) It would've been really funny to see that. I would think they'd humble and humanize him a bit too!

I love the idea of Sakura taking on a team, and of the three feel she's the most likely to do so and would be the best at it. I can't see Naruto or Sasuke taking on genin, though both have humorous opportunities to bring if they attempted it.

Also support the idea of an entirely new protagonist. Didn't think about that.

I'd love to see Sakura take an individual student under her wing and nurture him/her as either a full on medic or a medic-nin, one that seemed as determined as Sakura was with Tsunade.

I think all three of them woulda been great, in their own way, at managing a genin team~

#10 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Have to keep in mind though that Narutos arrogance so called wasnt based on cockiness or superiority, it was based on Insecurity much like a small dog who barks loud or a lizard that spreads a collar to make itself look bigger then it is.

Narutos arrogance was washed away for more appropriate confidence as his own self worth and confidence was bolstered by training and experience as well as just plain growning up.

As for a new story i stand by my original idea

End with Madara being defeated. Naruto and Sakuras confession and Narutos ascencion to Hokage.

next generation begins with Shinachiku at the academy pulling pranks more as a test of skill and an attempt to be better then the old man whom he loves dearly and idolizes much as he idolizes his mother. 

Dad did this so I need to do it bigger and better dad painted 4 faces as a genin I MUST paint 7 HAHAHH

the new villain is blackzetsu for the first arc as he builds up a new force to try to restore Kaguya. 

this leads into the what the last movie should have been an epic battle against a truly terrifying foe a goddess who is the origin of all shinobi.

Later arcs explore new problems with the new ninja world such as cloned Uchiha sharingan super soldiers, or a growing terrorist movement that wants to return to the old ways, or the rise of an ancient dragon or similar monster disturbed by new construction as a lesson that sometimes progress for progress sake isn't always a good thing

Character development includes Shinachikus personal growth as a person and shinobi and the realization that he doesn't want to be hokage its just not him inspite of his leadership abilities., his growing love for his teammate Sasuke and Karins daughter a childhood friend hes crushed on since they were little. the development of himself as a shinobi with his own unique techniques

Also we see the growth of the new generation as well Ino Shika Cho as an all female trio to really contrast the first iteration of them. And just because a ShikaTema kid has to be a girl to drive Shika crazy

and many other adventures

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#11 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

Yes, I second this! I'm not particularly interested in a re-do of characteristics and tropes immediately after (maybe as an OVA or a one-shot). And Sasuke with an annoying set of bratty genins aww :^) It would've been really funny to see that. I would think they'd humble and humanize him a bit too!

I'd love to see Sakura take an individual student under her wing and nurture him/her as either a full on medic or a medic-nin, one that seemed as determined as Sakura was with Tsunade.

I think all three of them woulda been great, in their own way, at managing a genin team~

Yes! I completely agree! Imagine Sasuke taking on little genin that are like Naruto and Sakura when they were genin. That would br sooo funny. I can imagine Sasuke's stoic face and then grumble under his breath. But when it comes down to it and when theyre in trouble, he'll save them and be a good sensei to them haha.

Yes, Sakura I think would be great. I think her team would excel seeing how great she is at explaining thing/teaching.

And I think Naruto would have the most trouble with his team in terms of teachig them jutsu. But they can get really close and he could pass down his whole ninja way too all of them etc.

Gaaah and it would be so funny. Like part one with the team getting to know each other. ;___; ♡

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:35 PM

I just wouldn't. Next generation sequels are always money grabs and many of the plot point are always repeated. Not just saying this with Naruto, but many of the "next generation" stories get like this. It is hard writing about a New Generation without falling back to the nostalgia of the old to keep it going.

You can have a "blip" of where everyone ended up and what they are up to at a moment, but to span it into a whole entire series is....well....it is just cheap. I really didn't like Legend of Korra for this same reason. It kept just repeating what the old ones did, but with a newer coat of paint. Especially when you have a story as complete as Avatar was.

I would have much preferred a Minato Gaiden...something Kishimoto expressed he wanted to do and never did. Although, it seems like SP would have shoehorned a shy character like Hinata into Minato's life as well because they love those type of characters.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 HANAMI

HANAMI

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:40 PM

I personally have been thinking up a small story about naruto and sakuras younger child hanami, where it's her first mission outside of the village and she gets separated from her team (her own fault obviously, Sakura specifically told her not to do this) and kind of 'stumbles across' mount myoboku (pretty sure there's a way to get there without the use of teleportation) and starts her sage training.

I imagine her to start out quite confident about it all given her personality and she definitely clashes with some of the toads she meets, but she could come to mellow down in the end and end up thinking of the toads as good friends of hers.

Obviously I need to think more about this.

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

^ what about Star Trek Next Generation?

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

^ what about Star Trek Next Generation?

Are Kirk and Picard related as in father and son? I don't recall them ever being related. I am talking more literally "The next generation" like Naruto did with "what are their kids doing?" It is hard to focus on his son, when Naruto himself is still around. So you have to make stupid plot points as to whay Naruto doesn't jsut come in and one shot minro ninja seeing how powerful he is.

Next generation was set in the same universe, but also was set with a different crew that either nothing or minor invovlement with the old crew. So we get these stories of what they come across or how they would handle it.

Imagine if Naruto the Next generation was about people in the sand village and had nothing to do with Naruto the character with only minor references or only special appearence on occasion. You can even joke that they don't go visit the Hidden Leaf for silly reasons.

"Hey the Hidden Leaf village is this way. Want to go?"
"God, I hate that place. It is too crowded. Let's go somewhere quiet."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:17 AM

I would rather have a wholesome after war arc, than a next generation, tbh. I think everyone there suffered as hell, and it may sound like a bit of filler or even fanservice BUT idk i just think they deserve a break, you know? and maybe see them interacting and making Team 7 functional for the first time? really connect? express their feelings openly? do stuff they couldnt do before because of their problems or finish stuff they should have done before like graduating. it sounds nice like that

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#17 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

I would rather have a wholesome after war arc, than a next generation, tbh. I think everyone there suffered as hell, and it may sound like a bit of filler or even fanservice BUT idk i just think they deserve a break, you know? and maybe see them interacting and making Team 7 functional for the first time? really connect? express their feelings openly? do stuff they couldnt do before because of their problems or finish stuff they should have done before like graduating. it sounds nice like that

Would you like Sasuke to stay alive after war?

#18 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:40 AM

Would you like Sasuke to stay alive after war?

story-wise, it would go nicely with his character to die for his beliefs. but my sentimental side would like everyone just to be together and nice and loving each other :c

if it was my manga i would probably just have had Sasuke killed off by Naruto himself and learn that not everyone can be saved, and tbh my point of view on things are more nihilistic so to broke the circle of hatred doesnt seem doable, at least not for a long time, thats just how humanity is? but yeah, seeing it realistically, nihilistically or idealistically its author's choice.

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#19 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:02 AM

story-wise, it would go nicely with his character to die for his beliefs. but my sentimental side would like everyone just to be together and nice and loving each other :c

if it was my manga i would probably just have had Sasuke killed off by Naruto himself and learn that not everyone can be saved, and tbh my point of view on things are more nihilistic so to broke the circle of hatred doesnt seem doable, at least not for a long time, thats just how humanity is? but yeah, seeing it realistically, nihilistically or idealistically its author's choice.

Yeah, always thought that Sasuke lived only because it's shonen. I would suggest that would left village with his team, and live somewhere around, maybe around that clan mountain he fought Itachi on, him and Karin being together might be a stretch but in a long term, uniting Uzumaki and Uchiha in such way would kind of end circle of hatred. 

But manga was shoinen, Sasuke would have death flags all over him.

#20 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, always thought that Sasuke lived only because it's shonen. I would suggest that would left village with his team, and live somewhere around, maybe around that clan mountain he fought Itachi on, him and Karin being together might be a stretch but in a long term, uniting Uzumaki and Uchiha in such way would kind of end circle of hatred. 

But manga was shoinen, Sasuke would have death flags all over him.

Exactly, Sasuke didnt die because it's a classic shonen, not like Hunter x Hunter <3

queen-harley.tumblr.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Naruto, Boruto Next Generations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users