441 replies to this topic

#21 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

I think we can say we all love this cliffhanger much more than last year, no panic attacks, it's much better than last year but still sudden. I mean the most surprising to be was when naruto met son goku but that didn't do much expect open more into the other tailed beasts, this one though, it's no suprise if we get some sakura and gaara focus.

I must say I'm suprised at one thing

Edited by Inferno180, 25 December 2013 - 09:49 AM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#22 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:45 AM

Please use spoiler tags on the first page!  It's no fun if people get spoiled before they can even click on the chapter link.

Wow...

That's what I was thinking, about Minato. But I'm not sure that's such a good idea - it would probably take him a bit to get over to where Naruto is, and he's occupied with Black Zetsu right now. Plus if he gave the Yin half to him right now Madara would just take that half too, probably. It's best if he just stays where he is for now, imo. Also, I wonder what would happen to Minato if Kurama was extracted from him... I mean, he's already dead, after all.

Yeah, that's what I want, though of course I'm not getting my hopes up. Right now I'm thinking we'll get a lot of reaction shots to Kurama's extraction (hopefully including Sakura's!).

Okay, reading one of your posts about Bee, I think I should re-read the chapter cause I'm not clear on what happened to him lol. So much action going on it's hard to keep track.

Edited by Hiraishin, 25 December 2013 - 09:47 AM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#23 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

What a Chapter for Christmas, no Sakura but hey this leads to potential.

Shukka and Gaara's moments are touching.

Blimey Naruto actually lost the nine tails didn't see that coming.  

#24 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

my reaction to naruto losing kurama was like tobi's reaction to this 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#25 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:54 AM

That's what I was thinking, about Minato. But I'm not sure that's such a good idea - it would probably take him a bit to get over to where Naruto is, and he's occupied with Black Zetsu right now. Plus if he gave the Yin half to him right now Madara would just take that half too, probably. It's best if he just stays where he is for now, imo. Also, I wonder what would happen to Minato if Kurama was extracted from him... I mean, he's already dead, after all.

Yeah, that's what I want, though of course I'm not getting my hopes up. Right now I'm thinking we'll get a lot of reaction shots to Kurama's extraction (hopefully including Sakura's!).

Okay, reading one of your posts about Bee, I think I should re-read the chapter cause I'm not clear on what happened to him lol. So much action going on it's hard to keep track.

Yeah, that's true.  However, I think Madara will immediately begin his transformation into the Juubi's Jinchuuriki.  Once he and the statue have absorbed all the Bijuus, they'll transform and won't be able to extract any more.

That's when Minato can give Naruto his half of the Kyuubi.  After we've seen all those reaction shots of course, especially those of Sakura!  It would be fantastic if we had a series of flashbacks showing how much Naruto has become a part of Sakura's life, from being a brat she despised to someone she trusts and cares so much about.

You know, it would be really cool if Naruto actually decided to confess to Sakura before he "died", but I'm not going to get my hopes up that high.  :wink:

#26 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

From what the chapter is telling us, Naruto isn't dead or going to die. Zetsu said that they won't die, and Gaara didn't die when Shukaku was extracted from him.

#27 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well apparently we are on a new arc, it's now the return if Madara arc, this arc started just recently due to his resurrection. So this may be the second to last arc, we knew there was an arc beyond the ten tails revival. Well it's almost 5, I'm going to sleep for a bit before the opening of presents commences. Have a good Christmas or whatever you celebrate in your part of the world. I have something planned before years end but that will come before New Year's Eve. Anyways merry Christmas everyone.

#28 morgaine4

morgaine4

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

It would seem very odd if Sakura isn't allowed to react and if it isn't more than a reaction considering she's the only character who has expressed interest in extracting the kyubi (that's who he was at that time) from Naruto, and the character who started crying when learning about the fate of those who have a biju extracted COMBINED with the fact that throughout this war she (and Kurama) have been the characters who have been worried about Naruto's personal health.  Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura gets no attention.  If Bee and Giyuki transported the injured to safety, for all we know Sakura's been transported as well in order to heal everyone.  I'm honestly of two minds.  Kishi's style (especially recently) is very specifically to connect what's going on at the moment to something that has already happened.  When Naruto and Sakura worked to save Shikamaru it directly connected to Shikamaru's willingness to sacrifice himself during the Sound/Sand invasion (which Naruto and Sakura could do nothing about).  If Gaara is involved in helping/saving Naruto, it'll directly connect to the fact that Chiyo was able to bring Gaara back to life because Naruto provided his chakra.  But with Sakura specifically, I don't know.  It makes so much sense for her to be involved --her reaction to Chiyo's words, the fact that her actions led to Chiyo's decision to save Sakura and Gaara-- BUT sometimes it seems that Kishi goes out of his way not to include her...so...well if it happens awesome, if not I'll just be annoyed as I often am.  Haha.

From what the chapter is telling us, Naruto isn't dead or going to die. Zetsu said that they won't die, and Gaara didn't die when Shukaku was extracted from him.

Gaara did die, Chiyo brought him back to life.

Edited by morgaine4, 25 December 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#29 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

Gaara died when they extracted him the Shukaku at the beginning of Shippuden. If you're talkinga about now, he isn't died just because he wasn't a jinchuuriki. Gaara and Shukaku were fighting alongside.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#30 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

I bet this was what Naruto did after Kurama was extracted from him:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#31 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, that's true.  However, I think Madara will immediately begin his transformation into the Juubi's Jinchuuriki.  Once he and the statue have absorbed all the Bijuus, they'll transform and won't be able to extract any more.

That's when Minato can give Naruto his half of the Kyuubi.  After we've seen all those reaction shots of course, especially those of Sakura!  It would be fantastic if we had a series of flashbacks showing how much Naruto has become a part of Sakura's life, from being a brat she despised to someone she trusts and cares so much about.

You know, it would be really cool if Naruto actually decided to confess to Sakura before he "died", but I'm not going to get my hopes up that high.  :wink:

Oh! Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe that's what will happen, then.

Oh man, I would love if that happened. Ugh, don't get my hopes up! Haha. But we'll probably get something like that closer to the end. 

That would be awesome, too. Aw man, now I'm going to go even more crazy, wondering what we'll get next chapter...

It would seem very odd if Sakura isn't allowed to react and if it isn't more than a reaction considering she's the only character who has expressed interest in extracting the kyubi (that's who he was at that time) from Naruto, and the character who started crying when learning about the fate of those who have a biju extracted COMBINED with the fact that throughout this war she (and Kurama) have been the characters who have been worried about Naruto's personal health.  Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakura gets no attention.  If Bee and Giyuki transported the injured to safety, for all we know Sakura's been transported as well in order to heal everyone.  I'm honestly of two minds.  Kishi's style (especially recently) is very specifically to connect what's going on at the moment to something that has already happened.  When Naruto and Sakura worked to save Shikamaru it directly connected to Shikamaru's willingness to sacrifice himself during the Sound/Sand invasion (which Naruto and Sakura could do nothing about).  If Gaara is involved in helping/saving Naruto, it'll directly connect to the fact that Chiyo was able to bring Gaara back to life because Naruto provided his chakra.  But with Sakura specifically, I don't know.  It makes so much sense for her to be involved --her reaction to Chiyo's words, the fact that her actions led to Chiyo's decision to save Sakura and Gaara-- BUT sometimes it seems that Kishi goes out of his way not to include her...so...well if it happens awesome, if not I'll just be annoyed as I often am.  Haha.

Like you said, it makes so much sense for her to be involved, but I'm not expecting anything. Right now all I'm willing to get my hopes up for is a reaction panel from Sakura, and we may not even get that. Which is stupid.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#32 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

I got to stop playing AoT soundtrack....

Ok, before going to bed, I have to admit, I didn't want a new chapter because if it's good, then I will be way hungry for more. If it's lower than that, I can be fine....

I'm not fine...

To begin with, this is a shocking moment to me because now it's becoming more established that the reason why we are seeing Madara's fight is because moment like this is planned to happen and now, I am curious how it's going to play out for the rest of the fight. It wouldn't be possible with Obito since he was set with all Bijuus' powers inside. Here, this is "let's do this again, now more legit." So, yeah, looks like the Bijuus' aspect of the fight is over, more or less, which means the Alliance must engage in combat because the worst is about to happen.

The Gaara and Shukaku's bond moment is actually pretty good and I like the past this time around with the priest explaining about bond, even he was being treated horribly from outside world. Shukaku's words actually reached him more profoundly than any one, so that is touching. I really like how Gaara remembers the struggle he had to put up with him, but now being separated, he shouldn't have a reason to help, but he respects him. Bury the hatchet as they would say. So, yeah, a good closure to them, though it could be possible that we may see more. Only we have to explore more.

Now the main topic for everyone will be talking about is the cliffhanger that leaves us question until the next chapter: the extraction. This part is something we are wondering for a while on how it will work and how it will all go down. Well, long behold, Naruto has lost his Bijuu. This leaves so many questions and possibility for the next chapter, which is a great way to end the year. Kishi is smart enough to end it at the very moment of Naruto's shocked face because we don't know if he's alive, we don't know if he's quickly dying, we don't know what's the very next scene, and so on, and that's just on Naruto's part. What about everyone? There will be many shocking reactions from this turn-of-a-event, especially the fact that all Bijuus are gone, though Killer Bee probably escaped and let the tentacle get taken away, but we'll see soon enough. I do believe many people will now get involved because the manpower has dropped significantly and they can't afford to fight another God. To make matter worse, Naruto is now Kuruma-less. Naruto's stamina will be dropped heavily and yes, there is an end to him.

The last couple of parts that I would like to talk about are Kuruma's final favor to Gaara and what's in store for next moment. Kuruma asks Gaara for one last thing and sadly, we didn't get to hear (read) it, so this will be another part that will keep us guessing. Whatever it is, if it's something that is crucial, then all hopes lies on Gaara. Going back to Naruto, we don't know exactly his status is right now. We only know that he got extracted and that's it. Is he weak, is he just exhausted that recover quick, or worse, is he dead? I would give Kishi a credit that he's making his audience wonder how it's going to end with Madara. Surely, he has to be defeated, right? So, we'll see how it's all going to play out and yes, it really does seem like he's a villain who only sees hell in afterlife. So what's in store for the next moment? I have no clue and I don't want to guess. The possibility is just too much that I am losing count. We can go back to Obito and see if his eye will get taken away, we can see the reactions from the alliance, we can see Gaara working on that favors, we can see Madara unleashing hell once more, and so much more. It's going to be one hell of a start of a new year and it only makes me see great signs of the series. Maybe 615 showed me a rough ride that is 2013. Maybe.

Bonus: As for NS moment, I won't say it because I will doom it all of us, so I'm just going to stay quiet on it. I would say this though, her worse nightmare has come true. If Naruto is dead, oh dear. Otherwise, it will still be haunting. Time will tell, but again, I'm keeping it quiet here.

#33 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

wow, I just noticed that to Bee has been cut a tentacle... if he will really use again that trick :lmao:

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

#34 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would be shocked honestly if Kishi doesn't include sakura into this situation, she was the one who at firsthand learned what could happen to a jinchurki, crying over naruto at this possiblity. I feel that next chapter there can be a strong sense of chiyos words appearing if sakura does because this fear has con true, naruto will be fine but honestly, in this situation, I would be shocked if sakura didn't appear, I mean if he used gaara okay, I can get by that but this is a moment of concern for all, they see naruto fall with bee, how are they to react? We know Kishi put in that moment with Chiyo telling them long ago what happens, using that again wouldn't be a suprise rather it would just place more emphasis on Sakura's concern but despite the memory events naruto transfered to everyone in the regrets chapter, honestly,again and again many of these events were first witnessed and known in some way by sakura too. I mean like this:

-learning if the jinchurki dying aspects from Chiyo with naruto and Kakashi
- seeing naruto to 4 tails, she saw this burden and became more concerned for him, only lead her to more concern when he went 6 tails because she knew what this could do
- knowing the truth about itachi, not the full details, only that narutos efforts towards Sasuke revolved around this
- narutos memories, she had an idea of what he suffered by more than anyone in the duration of part 2 before the regrets chapter.

But in all truth, it's that Chiyo moment I hope to see, something tells me we may just get a powerful ns moment next chapter. In this situation, the heroes bane, the one thing we knew for years that could happen to naruto, the way sakura cried over only the possiblity of it happening to him, even back when she still loved Sasuke, how's it going to impact sakura seeing this scary aspect come true? Given naruto will be fine from the stamina trait but sakura has no knowledge of this, so I wouldn't be suprised if sakura tears up but someone like minato, tsunade, or even hashirama, tobirama, or hiruzen told her about the stamina of the uzumaki.

I'm dying to know what happens next but I like this cliffhanger for 2 reasons

1. It's not pairing oriented, it's action oriented as the story needs it to be.
2 no chance of us getting trolled like nh did in 616, we are only making a prediction for a ns moment based off of the context of a potential possiblity that has been constantly thrown around in the manga for years only for it to finally come true and now that it has we are just predicting how sakura may react next chapter if she gets screentime. In truth unlike the predictions of naruto mentioning sakura when he talked to obito around rin, if this one with her having memories of Chiyo, being concerned for naruto, if it doesn't happen, that would be more surprising.

#35 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Gaara died when they extracted him the Shukaku at the beginning of Shippuden. If you're talkinga about now, he isn't died just because he wasn't a jinchuuriki. Gaara and Shukaku were fighting alongside.

Oh yeah. Forgot that Gaara isn't a Jinchuriki anymore. Didn't remember that and, yeah, was talking about the current chapter.

Gaara did die, Chiyo brought him back to life.

Was referring to the current chapter. Forgot that Gaara isn't a Jinchuriki anymore :sweat:

#36 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I want to know what Kuruma asked him. If it's something to save Naruto or anything that is needed for this fight, then all lies on Gaara.

#37 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Wow that cliffhanger!

I'm curious for sasuke's and sakura's reaction..

40283620121415711s.jpg

#38 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

I would be shocked honestly if Kishi doesn't include sakura into this situation, she was the one who at firsthand learned what could happen to a jinchurki, crying over naruto at this possiblity. I feel that next chapter there can be a strong sense of chiyos words appearing if sakura does because this fear has con true, naruto will be fine but honestly, in this situation, I would be shocked if sakura didn't appear, I mean if he used gaara okay, I can get by that but this is a moment of concern for all, they see naruto fall with bee, how are they to react? We know Kishi put in that moment with Chiyo telling them long ago what happens, using that again wouldn't be a suprise rather it would just place more emphasis on Sakura's concern but despite the memory events naruto transfered to everyone in the regrets chapter, honestly,again and again many of these events were first witnessed and known in some way by sakura too. I mean like this:

-learning if the jinchurki dying aspects from Chiyo with naruto and Kakashi
- seeing naruto to 4 tails, she saw this burden and became more concerned for him, only lead her to more concern when he went 6 tails because she knew what this could do
- knowing the truth about itachi, not the full details, only that narutos efforts towards Sasuke revolved around this
- narutos memories, she had an idea of what he suffered by more than anyone in the duration of part 2 before the regrets chapter.

But in all truth, it's that Chiyo moment I hope to see, something tells me we may just get a powerful ns moment next chapter. In this situation, the heroes bane, the one thing we knew for years that could happen to naruto, the way sakura cried over only the possiblity of it happening to him, even back when she still loved Sasuke, how's it going to impact sakura seeing this scary aspect come true? Given naruto will be fine from the stamina trait but sakura has no knowledge of this, so I wouldn't be suprised if sakura tears up but someone like minato, tsunade, or even hashirama, tobirama, or hiruzen told her about the stamina of the uzumaki.

I'm dying to know what happens next but I like this cliffhanger for 2 reasons

1. It's not pairing oriented, it's action oriented as the story needs it to be.
2 no chance of us getting trolled like nh did in 616, we are only making a prediction for a ns moment based off of the context of a potential possiblity that has been constantly thrown around in the manga for years only for it to finally come true and now that it has we are just predicting how sakura may react next chapter if she gets screentime. In truth unlike the predictions of naruto mentioning sakura when he talked to obito around rin, if this one with her having memories of Chiyo, being concerned for naruto, if it doesn't happen, that would be more surprising.

yes sakura must play in an important part because she was devistated about the possibility of naruto dying to bijuu extraction and now that long awaited moment is finally here

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#39 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Meanwhile in Japan:

tumblr_m9isf30V681r7tgdm.jpg

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#40 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

I just remembered Yamato's words to Naruto: "If you want really to save Sasuke and protect Sakura, you must rely on your own chakra".

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

uvoJkhc.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users