So 10 pages wasted on boruto taking a 1 and naruto taking a 2

#22 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:24 PM

More like 13. The important part of the story -the talk between Bolt & Nail- doesn't start till like page 16-17.

#23 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

Great parenting there tell the kids to pee on the wall? And wouldnt the clones poop their pants? Am I asking too many questions?

Edited by totherpage95, 26 September 2018 - 07:56 PM.

#24 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

Great parenting there tell the kids to pee on the wall? And wouldnt the clones poop their pants? Am I asking too many questions?

2ymyij6.jpg

does that look like face of a dude that isn't kittening himself?

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:27 AM

Great parenting there tell the kids to pee on the wall? And wouldn't the clones poop their pants? Am I asking too many questions?

No, your not. Ask more, it shows how stupid this story is. Also, why they are showing us these scenes again? I still wonder why there is only one toilet in the hokage house? Shouldn't there be at least two one for parents/family, and one for kids/guest? Is this a thing in Japan?

2ymyij6.jpg

does that look like face of a dude that isn't kittening himself?

It is strongly implied that he dropped his load while making the shadow clone...So yes he is holding it in.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 September 2018 - 10:46 PM.

#26 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:28 AM

I guess they heard people talk about what a s***ty Hokage Naruto was so much that they started taking it literally.

#27 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:07 AM

About Boruto being moved to Sunday. I see it happening for two possibilities:

One) Boruto is actually successful.

Boruto has gotten so popular they feel comfortable that it can handle itself on Sunday.

Two) SP are desperately still trying to find a time-slot. 

It still hasn't found a time slot that is giving it the ratings to justify it staying on air. So, in desperation they hoping that being on Sunday will finally give it enough viewers to make it a success. Of course, constantly changing time slot screws with the audience getting into the habit of watching it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 29 September 2018 - 04:28 AM.

#28 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:01 PM

This might be an unpopular opinion here and as much as it disdains me to say it, i think boruto is actually popular. I dont know about ratings or anything but ive seen a lot people liking and supporting not only the manga but also the anime. Its mostly younger kids though, they take this series very seriously.

#29 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

This might be an unpopular opinion here and as much as it disdains me to say it, i think boruto is actually popular. I dont know about ratings or anything but ive seen a lot people liking and supporting not only the manga but also the anime. Its mostly younger kids though, they take this series very seriously.

Yeah, if its popular, it's definitely little kids causing the bump. I've seen so much disdain from older "fans". 

#30 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 02:50 PM

Yeah you not alone , the manga still going and the anime already at episode 76ish ... as much as i hate to admit it , even with Namaesh einstein calculation and theory , the prove is in the fact that it's still going that means it's popular. I guess the "History is written by the Victor" from Call of Duty is proven to be true. Now i'm seriously starting to think that Hitler might be the good guy xD ... kappa.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#31 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

It might be, but there are other factors to put into perspective before you can declare that really. like what the general audience is, whether the merch is sell (that actually is VERY important for animation in Japan, because that is a source of in come for studios instead of viewership) and other such contexts. But regardless, even if it is It doesn't affect me, nor should it affect you. I WANT the Boruto franchise to die off (horribly and miserably might I add) But if it doesn't then whatever.

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 September 2018 - 03:56 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#32 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

Wow, and I thought I would be the only one commenting on the toilet humor in this chapter.

About Boruto being moved to Sunday. I see it happening for two possibilities:

One) Boruto is actually successful.

Boruto has gotten so popular they feel comfortable that it can handle itself on Sunday.

Two) SP are desperately still trying to find a time-slot. 

It still hasn't found a time slot that is giving it the ratings to justify it staying on air. So, in desperation they hoping that being on Sunday will finally give it enough viewers to make it a success. Of course, constantly changing time slot screws with the audience getting into the habit of watching it.

I don't know how Sundays are viewed in Japan. In America, Sundays were generally considered a deadzone for TV shows. It's basically where you went if you couldn't attract an audience otherwise, since on Sundays most people are outside trying to take a day off. Only the Superbowl and Golf it seems bring in the ratings on Sundays.

Again, that's America. It may be very different in Japan.

Naruto was always a show aimed at young kids, and let's be honest, none of us were the best judges of quality in our youth. The manga isn't doing well, at least not as well as Naruto did at it's peak, so the manga already lost most of it's audience. The anime seems to be stable; again, not at the peak Naruto once was but it's still holding a fairly solid position in the ratings (I think it's narrowly behind the Top 10). It's something to keep the kids busy, and Naruto has been around for so long that Boruto is probably the jumping on point for most of the audience.

#33 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 30 September 2018 - 02:25 AM

...I also noticed the nasty bastard most likely didn't wash his hands.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#34 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:28 AM

A few people had comments about it. So, to not have to split up points between quotes. Sunday is considered a big day for shows in Japan because it is the only day kids have off. A lot of big name successful anime are on Sunday.  This also means their is a lot of competition, and the pay rates for a slot are very high. So, either the anime is successful enough they willing to pay that, or they are desperate enough to risk it.

The manga is not successful from what I seen. The sales were consistently declining for the first four, and with the "sixth" coming out in a month must mean the fifth volume came out; I don't see it. Maybe I'm not noticing it and someone else could find it, but I don't see it in sales or ranking. The manga is a monthly slough that at best has only just started to get interesting. It is likely being held up by either the franchise, or the anime.

As for the anime I don't have as much data on it, nor do I hang out with any children especially Japanese children to get the feel of what they like or watch. Also I stop watching it about a year ago. So I have very little knowledge of the going on of the anime. Other then it is popcorn schlock. So if its doing well or not I don't know. The constantly changing scheduled is concerning but it could mean they have trouble finding an audience, and are putting it in different times to try to find one. Or it is a success and it has just been slowly rising up. I don't know, nor do I honestly care if it continues as long as the manga ends.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 30 September 2018 - 07:58 AM.

#35 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:49 AM

A few people had comments about it. So, to not have to split up points between quotes. Sunday is considered a big day for shows in Japan because it is the only day kids have off. A lot of big name successful anime are on Sunday.  This also means their is a lot of competition, and the pay rates for a slot are very high. So, either the anime is successful enough they willing to pay that, or they are desperate enough to risk it.

The manga is not successful from what I seen. The sales were consistently declining for the first four, and with the "sixth" coming out in a month must mean the fifth volume came out; I don't see it. Maybe I'm not noticing it and someone else could find it, but I don't see it in sales or ranking. The manga is a monthly slough that at best has only just started to get interesting. It is likely being held up by either the franchise, or the anime.

As for the anime I don't have as much data on it, nor do I hang out with any children especially Japanese children to get the feel of what they like or watch. Also I stop watching it about a year ago. So I have very little knowledge of the going on of the anime. Other then it is popcorn schlock. So if its doing well or not I don't know. The constantly changing scheduled is concerning but it could mean they have trouble finding an audience, and are putting it in different times to try to find one. Or it is a success and it has just been slowly rising up. I don't know, nor do I honestly care if it continues as long as the manga ends.

Thanks for the clarification on Sundays in Japan. It sounds like a double-edged sword for SP. As I said, I do believe the franchise is making money; just not the money they WANT. Just like Marvel had been complaining about low sales since their All-Different Run despite almost consistently ranking in the top with comics sales. So I guess Boruto is moving to Sundays to see if they can change that.

However, constantly changing time slots can really mess-up the viewership. Even though some individuals may wish it is on at a certain time for their needs, once a time is settled on the audience usually adapts to watch it. I've seen good shows in the US get canned partially because of a lack of consistent schedules (Sonic Satam, Thundercats 2011).

#36 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

I mean the anime is a better product because the art style isn't horrendous.

At this point, It really seems like Sakura being with Sasuke is the lesser of two evils. Why would Sakura want to be with this incompetent, pants-kittening moron? She probably looks back on the events of Shippuden and feels like she dodged a bullet. Maybe that was their plan all along. Make Naruto extremely unlikable in hopes of converting people over to the trash pairing coalition.

Edited by DrK, 30 September 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#37 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

At this point, It really seems like Sakura being with Sasuke is the lesser of two evils. Why would Sakura want to be with this incompetent, pants-kittening moron? She probably looks back on the events of Shippuden and feels like she dodged a bullet. Maybe that was their plan all along. Make Naruto extremely unlikable in hopes of converting people over to the trash pairing coalition.

True. The anime at least looks watchable.

However, you don't justify your canon pairings by making EVERYONE look bad. It's just a big mess that tells me everyone should have been neutered.

#38 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

not sure if this was already posted, but Volume 6's cover is out: 

dllmz40tawo11.jpg

Out of the Boruto covers it's not bad, but not that great either. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#39 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the clarification on Sundays in Japan. It sounds like a double-edged sword for SP. As I said, I do believe the franchise is making money; just not the money they WANT. Just like Marvel had been complaining about low sales since their All-Different Run despite almost consistently ranking in the top with comics sales. So I guess Boruto is moving to Sundays to see if they can change that.

However, constantly changing time slots can really mess-up the viewership. Even though some individuals may wish it is on at a certain time for their needs, once a time is settled on the audience usually adapts to watch it. I've seen good shows in the US get canned partially because of a lack of consistent schedules (Sonic Satam, Thundercats 2011).

I'm repeating a bit of what other people said but Thurday was Naruto's golden time because it was right after pokemon. When Naruto was in its prime it was a power hour for rating. After its decline it was still able to hold on by leeching off people that don't immediately change the channel after pokemon ends. Because Pokemon is one of the few big anime that is not on Sunday the time around it is sought after. The fact that it has sometimes been on that time slot is probably partially why it probably got to the kids. The Sunday move is as they see it high risk high reward situation. The problems are like we both said the constantly changing schedule is going to annoy the audience, but also since they are going into a competitive day/time if they can't secure the time they picked they at risk of losing their audience to other shows.

The problem with Marvel is sales overall are declining in the comicbook industry, and it is in someways marvel's fault.

That was clear from Sakura's speech in the last which was one of the major criticism of the movie.

Sakura's speech in the last was suppose to be about the "true love" of nH/SS, and there was never anything in nor to NS.

However the phrasing of her speech, the situation, and connecting the speech to the large story -even trying to ignore the manga, and just focusing on the movie- turns it into: "Naruto the reason I rejected he offer of being your girlfriend awhile back is because I realize what kind of person you are. You are a cold emotionless liar that doesn't understand any feeling including love, your ideology is mere sophism based on things you have no understanding of in an attempt to become popular, and you only pursued me because you wanted to beat Sasuke at something. Sasuke despite all his faults is a better man then you, and has more genuine feeling for me then you do. I'm trying to put you, and Hinata together out of pity. She is so madly in love with an ideal you that she will never realize who you really are, and not getting together with you will destroy her. So, I'm helping her in hopes she can maybe teach you something about human emotions." That's me being nice.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 October 2018 - 10:50 PM.

#40 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:51 PM

AND YET Sakura was being the exact same thing to Sasuke.  :zaru: The whole "It takes one to know one" part of hypocrisy is very apparent here :banana:

And again I can never shut up about this, girls letting go of their first loves makes them horrible women but Men can let go of their first loves because they need to give their love to a woman that DESERVES IT? And since Ino let go of her first love, that makes her a two timing bi-atch am I right!!?? :lmao:  

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 October 2018 - 11:58 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bored., The importance of a vase., Filler, Slow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users