Heya, long time no see. We've decided to start up another zine this year! Here's the info. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.
The time has finally come! I have time to run the NaruSaku Zine 2019 again this year!
Last year, we released NaruSaku Zine 2018 on NaruSaku Day, April 3rd. Of course, we didn’t make it to the exact date but it was pretty close! It was very hard, but I’m glad people enjoyed their books. I have learned a lot about managing and finances as well.NaruSaku Zine 2019 is set to release October 10, 2019, Naruto’s birthday! The Theme
The theme this year is Alternate Universes! What better way to enjoy fandom works than AU upon AU? That’s right, there is no better way!
We have seen various AUs and slight iterations of Naruto over the years through chapter covers drawn by Kishimoto. It’s time to continue the trend! You aren’t REQUIRED to follow the AU Theme and can create normal NaruSaku art. After all, normal NaruSaku art is simply a Shinobi AU
Need some ideas? Here are some!:
- High School
- Fairy tale
- Road Trip
- High Fantasy
The rules have not changed much from last year, but it never hurts to have a few guidelines
- Art pieces must be 6 x 9 and at least 300 dpi for printing. If you do not meet these requirements, your image may end up stretched, pixelated, or cropped which does not look nice.
- Artist disclaimers and signatures are fine, but try not to be too distracting since this is a printed book and not digital.
- Pages will be 6 x 9 inches and 0.79 “margins.
- Font will be Garamond 12px 1.15 line spacing. This is subject to change.
- Each page can contain 325 words, that’s a hard limit of 1300. This equals 4 pages, aka 2 pages front and back. If art pieces are accompanying your story, please make room for them.
- The art and writing must be PG-13. This is so the NaruSaku Zine can be shipped and sold to all countries and avoid any legal trouble along the way.
- All art and writing must be created newly for the Zine and not previously posted online.
- No edits or traces of the official manga. Everything must be original and created by us.
- Not a hard rule, but we strongly suggest NOT posting your work online until the Zine has already been released.
- All NaruSaku Zine participants will get 1 free proof copy of the zine
- Deadline for entries is September 1st, 2019. This is to make sure there is enough time to print proofs and get copies sent out to all participants before printing the final books.
After reading everything here, you can sign up using this form. If you have any questions you can send an ask or message.