This is when people need to put the games down and leave the house for a while

http://gamerant.com/...t-arrest-video/

#2 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:00 AM

Yes, I was there! His name is Kootra (Jordan) aka Bossman, and he is a part of The Creatures. My favorite youtube channel. An amazing group of guys that deserve 100x more attention. All he was doing was one of his weekly solo streams real quick. This was absolutely disgusting. Another member of The Creatures was in the building with them, and he was named DanzNewz (Dan). He was arrested for just being in the building but released shortly after. I don't know how the United States can just break in your office building and look into your stuff without a real case to get a search warrant. As someone looking forward to joining the police academy soon. This disgust me more than most people.

http://www.thedenver...ed-in-the-video

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#3 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

Yes, I was there! His name is Kootra (Jordan) aka Bossman, and he is a part of The Creatures. My favorite youtube channel. An amazing group of guys that deserve 100x more attention. All he was doing was one of his weekly solo streams real quick. This was absolutely disgusting. Another member of The Creatures was in the building with them, and he was named DanzNewz (Dan). He was arrested for just being in the building but released shortly after. I don't know how the United States can just break in your office building and look into your stuff without a real case to get a search warrant. As someone looking forward to joining the police academy soon. This disgust me more than most people.

Exigent circumstances. It's a well-established exception to the warrant requirement. It's normally used in cases where cops are trying to prevent the destruction of evidence (like flushing or eating drugs). But it likely applies to this as well. The police receiving the call have no clue its bogus until they show up.

#4 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:14 AM

Exigent circumstances. It's an exception to the warrant requirement. The police receiving the call have no clue its bogus until they show up.

So now no YouTube account is safe anymore? Pewdiepie will be swatted this week?

2XtVwF6.png

#5 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

This is when people need to put the games down and leave the house for a while

http://gamerant.com/...t-arrest-video/

This is the 21st century equivalent of witch hunts.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#6 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

The idea behind the concept is that there isn't time for a warrant. If there is a shooting or hostage situation that is on going, should they be left at risk while police try to find a magistrate? In more rural areas there often isn't one readily available if tis the wrong time of day. Think of the drugs. If you hear them flushing it, you think it'll still be there by the time you have a warrant?

Swatting is so dangerous because the cops don't know its a hoax and often have no way of knowing until they show up on scene. What if they presume its a hoax and someone ends up dead?

#7 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

Please let this happen!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#8 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:52 AM

This has been going on for awhile. It's happened to youtubers and twitch streamers both you can find plenty of videos of it if you google for it. VICE made a pretty interesting documentary on it a few months ago 

Edited by Muffins?, 29 August 2014 - 04:52 AM.

JLHza2T.png

#9 nikki1314

nikki1314

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU , FANFICS , NARUSAK.. oh ive said that.. MUSIC , Photography and NARUSAKU!

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

It's all about Covering Your Behind. Like, When we Receive a random call thats saying that someones getting stabbed/killed without not much information. We still Attend even though its kinda annoying. it's better that to show and end up with an AIO (All in Order) that not to show up at and it turns out to be a DOA (Dead on Arrival) . so yea. D:

-Naruto ending gets released- 

Kishi: Honey, I’m home! 

His wife:

tumblr_inline_nw89a6rhAY1smwzjq_500.gif

#10 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just the idea that some random dummy can call in a SWAT team to someone's house...is ridiculous. Is a waste of time, and money.

What was the reason for calling that he gave out...he beat me at a game? He has an AK-47 but it turns out is digital?

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#11 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Please let this happen!

Yeah, I don't like the guy either. So many better gaming channels that deserve more attention than him.

Still shouldn't happen to him...

2XtVwF6.png

#12 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Just the idea that some random dummy can call in a SWAT team to someone's house...is ridiculous. Is a waste of time, and money.

What was the reason for calling that he gave out...he beat me at a game? He has an AK-47 but it turns out is digital?

No. The reasons vary, but its often a report of a shooting or in this case a hostage situations. I know of cases where calleers have impersonated the home owner saying they killed their wife and family. It's a crime, but tracing the person who actually placed the call is difficult.

#13 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

He lives in Sweden.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#14 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

The idea behind the concept is that there isn't time for a warrant. If there is a shooting or hostage situation that is on going, should they be left at risk while police try to find a magistrate? In more rural areas there often isn't one readily available if tis the wrong time of day. Think of the drugs. If you hear them flushing it, you think it'll still be there by the time you have a warrant?

Swatting is so dangerous because the cops don't know its a hoax and often have no way of knowing until they show up on scene. What if they presume its a hoax and someone ends up dead?

I'll use the same argument I have against no knock warrants, if the amount of drugs you are after can be flushed down the toilet that quick it is do you really need that amount of force? Do you need to send in a SWAT team after some punk with a nickle bag of weed?

I do recognize that dealing with a Hostage situation is fully withing the scope of what SWAT is supposed to do, but when you arrive at the location and the suspect is playing a game on the computer, he is not holding anyone hostage, holding someone hostage requires you to keep an eye on your hostage to ensure that he does not escape.

But one silver lining to this story is, the guy who called and claimed to be a hostage is most likely going to go to jail, for reporting a false crime. hopefully that part gets covered bye all news media so people wont be stupid enough to do this again.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#15 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

I just want to hit people that do stuff like that, it's so sick, I feel so bad for the SWAT teams, they are just trying to save lives. And some kitten thinks it's funny to mess with them. Sdkjfhdsk.fjhsejfh....I have no words.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#16 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I'll use the same argument I have against no knock warrants, if the amount of drugs you are after can be flushed down the toilet that quick it is do you really need that amount of force? Do you need to send in a SWAT team after some punk with a nickle bag of weed?

I do recognize that dealing with a Hostage situation is fully withing the scope of what SWAT is supposed to do, but when you arrive at the location and the suspect is playing a game on the computer, he is not holding anyone hostage, holding someone hostage requires you to keep an eye on your hostage to ensure that he does not escape.

But one silver lining to this story is, the guy who called and claimed to be a hostage is most likely going to go to jail, for reporting a false crime. hopefully that part gets covered bye all news media so people wont be stupid enough to do this again.

I don't mean to suggest a SWAT team is need to nab the drug dealer. I used that as the example to explain the concept of exigent circumstances because it is the most common not to suggest the using a SWAT team is necessary to prevent the destruction of evidence.

Exigent circumstances is an established exception. That you have such circumstances isn't itself a comment on the appropriate use of force. Not all exigent circumstances require the same amount of force. All it means is that under the circumstances forgoing a warrant is justified because there isn't time. It has nothing to do with the use of force.

I just want to hit people that do stuff like that, it's so sick, I feel so bad for the SWAT teams, they are just trying to save lives. And some kitten thinks it's funny to mess with them. Sdkjfhdsk.fjhsejfh....I have no words.

It's far worse than that. You are sending in cops who think someone may be dead or about to die and they are under the impression that the individuals may be armed.

You can get somebody killed doing this.

#17 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

This is why I hardly play online games these days. People take these games FAR too seriously sometimes. So you're on a losing streak...big deal. Life carries on.

#18 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

http://www.nymeta.co...ign=swattingacv

I don't know if it was the same person who SWATted the guy from the OP's post, but the 1st kid to get prosecuted for SWATting just occurred (that I know of).

Long story short, he has 25 years in prison for charges on domestic terrorism.  All because he couldn't let go of, what the judge said, "petty pride in the realm of digital fantasy."

Update

And...it's fake.

https://twitter.com/...190226965135360

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 01 September 2014 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users