742 replies to this topic

#681 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:53 AM

I'm not a scoring guy, but I do review them. Personally, I don't like the score, because it seems rather heavily focused. I like to talk about it and call it a day. I know people today run by looking at the score and dismiss. I do like pros and cons, but preferably to read it to find out the depth view on why.

That said I may share some of the materials of mine here. I go by a system that breaks down into four parts. That way you can understand the pros and cons. I also don't let my judgement clouded by the original source like "manga covered this, but anime skipped it." I say it as it is. So in the future, I look forward sharing some of that.

I perfectly agree with you! I personally believe that too many people solely focus on the score without ever having read the analysis. That being said, I do believe that a cleverly created scoring system (which is usually divided into story, character, animation, and... something else, lol) helps you to focus better on the analysis. Datanimesnob really, really is annoying, lol, but I do like to listen to him and read his reviews. That dude has more credibility than some of the fanboys on youtube.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#682 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:54 AM

I perfectly agree with you! I personally believe that too many people solely focus on the score without ever having read the analysis. That being said, I do believe that a cleverly created scoring system (which is usually divided into story, character, animation, and... something else, lol) helps you to focus better on the analysis. Datanimesnob really, really is annoying, lol, but I do like to listen to him and read his reviews. That dude has more credibility than some of the fanboys on youtube.

He could have been decent but when it's something not his liking, he will steamroll like no one should like it or you be a dumbass. Hell, even in my Naruto side story review I said if you like it that's fine but me I just don't.

#683 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:57 AM

He could have been decent but when it's something not his liking, he will steamroll like no one should like it or you be a dumbass. Hell, even in my Naruto side story review I said if you like it that's fine but me I just don't.

Right? He might have be a more tolerable critic is he was a bit more respectful. Good example is Bobsamurai. Really like his reviews and knows how to be thankful for his subscribers.

Forneverworld, Double4anime belong in the trashcan. I'm gonna be lenient on Sawyer7mage and Chibi, lol. I enjoy their videos.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#684 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:10 AM

Right? He might have be a more tolerable critic is he was a bit more respectful. Good example is Bobsamurai. Really like his reviews and knows how to be thankful for his subscribers.

Forneverworld, Double4anime belong in the trashcan. I'm gonna be lenient on Sawyer7mage and Chibi, lol. I enjoy their videos.

I would have done like that but like I said in my reintroduction post, I'm a guy with a million of hobbies. I hope they didn't take it as a wrong way because it did somewhat come off saying, "I have a life and you don't." It's just that I am a active guy that does tons of things that don't know when to take breaks.

I see people with manga collection, I see a replica of mine but for games. Oh boy, tons of them. A good 300+. Anyway, for manga, it's going to be harder since I'm more hard on it, so if you get collected, congrats. Lol. One Piece will be on hold for a while though. You know why. Lol.

#685 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:21 AM

Have you finished that anime yet?

Not yet, I'm on episode 10 I believe. The slight dip in quality in the episode 5-7 range kinda put me off from finishing the show as quickly as I'd have liked to, so I'm progressing very slowly right now.

Also, it's a testament to the show's execution in world-building that the yaoi scene you mentioned (and the yuri scene that shortly followed) didn't kill my immersion by feeling gratuitous. My mouth dropped for like half a minute, yeah, but that was mostly because I didn't think the show would go quite that far. :lol:

Edited by CloudMountainJuror, 21 January 2016 - 07:22 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#686 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

Not yet, I'm on episode 10 I believe. The slight dip in quality in the episode 5-7 range kinda put me off from finishing the show as quickly as I'd have liked to, so I'm progressing very slowly right now.

Also, it's a testament to the show's execution in world-building that the yaoi scene you mentioned (and the yuri scene that shortly followed) didn't kill my immersion by feeling gratuitous. My mouth dropped for like half a minute, yeah, but that was mostly because I didn't think the show would go quite that far. :lol:

I honestly think the first arc was hard to get through, too. The third arc was superb though abruptly introduced. I'll hope you'll finish it b/c it really got me thinking towards the end, and an anime hasn't done that to me in a while...

The yaoi and yuri scene felt like coming out of no where first, but then I remembered the forshadowing in episode 3 (That whole Bonono talk about how humans try to deal with stress through sexual activities with the opposite and same gender). Dunno why everyone was bi though during their high school yrs. It felt like Mamoru was the only straight 14 yr old high school student left XD (I felt bad for him, lol).

But lol, apparently a bunch of people dropped the anime after episode 8 XD

Edited by trang95, 21 January 2016 - 09:02 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#687 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

He always voices those bishounen characters, but his most memorable role from him to me is up to date Suzaku from Code Geass (kitten Suzaku, lol). I hope his character in Gintama will have lots and lots of returns.

I guess you hated Suzaku? 

Well the first time I heard Saitou, I was like: "Why the kitten does he sound like Miyuki (from Diamond no Ace)" XD. After that I found out about Sakurai voicing him :/ 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#688 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:18 PM

I guess you hated Suzaku? 

Well the first time I heard Saitou, I was like: "Why the kitten does he sound like Miyuki (from Diamond no Ace)" XD. After that I found out about Sakurai voicing him :/ 

Eh, not a big fan of Suzaku. I mean, I understand his motives, but the viewpoint I was watching him with (that is from Lelouch's side), Suzaku was just damn annoying, lol.

Sakurai is still quite active even though he's been in the industry for about 15 yrs I think o_o

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#689 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:32 PM

Another 5.5/10

Ah, I'm a bit disappointed about this anime, tbh. I heard some mixed reviews on it, so I thought I could check it out myself.. 

The only thing I really liked about this was the animation and Mei.. 

Spoiler

I guess I'm not that much into Horror animes :/ Other then a few. 

Zuko Natsume Yuujinchou 9/10

Really loved this season >.<

#690 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:36 PM

Eh, not a big fan of Suzaku. I mean, I understand his motives, but the viewpoint I was watching him with (that is from Lelouch's side), Suzaku was just damn annoying, lol.

Sakurai is still quite active even though he's been in the industry for about 15 yrs I think o_o

I kinda rooted for Suzaku first, until the later part of season 1.. I don't really remember why, but I completely disliked him after an episode..

How old is Sakurai anyway? He look like someone in his 30s..

#691 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:50 PM

I kinda rooted for Suzaku first, until the later part of season 1.. I don't really remember why, but I completely disliked him after an episode..
How old is Sakurai anyway? He look like someone in his 30s..

He's turning 40 this year...

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#692 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:52 PM

Zuko Natsume Yuujinchou 9/10

Really loved this season >.<

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Natsume Yuujinchou. It's such a lovely series.

#693 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Natsume Yuujinchou. It's such a lovely series.

NEKO-CHAN THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR RECOMMENDING THIS ANIME TO ME :glomp:

I really love it >.< Everything is just amazing about it.

Btw, I plan to watch Mushishi next :excited:  

Edited by Mixer, 01 February 2016 - 08:40 PM.

#694 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:06 PM

Ergo Proxy -- 10/10; After watching this a third ​time, I finally feel I can score it.

I've seen this anime compared by others ​to an onion -- for every layer you peel away, you find another, and another, and another -- and I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. I have yet to find a more mentally challenging psychological series than Ergo Proxy, and with each viewing I find myself appreciating its depth, complexity, and ingenious plot with greater understanding. There's so much to take in here that it's impossible to do so with only one viewing. It demands to be watched again and again, and in my opinion, the experience is more rewarding every time.

NEKO-CHAN THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH FOR RECOMMENDING THIS ANIME TO ME :glomp:

I really love it >.< Everything is just amazing about it.

Btw, I plan to watch Mushishi next :excited:  

You're in for a real treat with Mushishi. The series is virtually flawless, with breathtaking animation, and it's such a relaxing experience.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 03 February 2016 - 04:07 PM.

#695 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

You're in for a real treat with Mushishi. The series is virtually flawless, with breathtaking animation, and it's such a relaxing experience.

I saw how flawless the animation was on Tumblr >.<

But I never heard about the studio, Artland. I guess it's like how I didn't know the studio to Durarara XD

#696 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:02 PM

Ajin Part 1: Shoudou 8/10 (8.5/10)

So, just watched the first movie for the trilogy movie series, and can I say how much I actually liked it!! I gotta say that it definitely underrated, and I think it the animation that turns people off (tbh I needed some moments to get used to the animation)

It really reminded me of Tokyo Ghoul and Parasyte (Which are two series, I absolutely adore) story wise (the "am I human or not" moments and story). 

As for characters, all I can say is that Kaito is my favorite til now. He really remind me of Hide >.<  

Edited by Mixer, 07 February 2016 - 10:02 PM.

#697 TheFlash

TheFlash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:06 AM

Erased-9/10

I watched the first episode and immediately got hooked, so I went on and caught up. It really keeps me at the edge of my seat and I love a good mystery anime. It's not over so I won't give it a 10 just yet.

tumblr_n45nt0asf91t4e7bbo2_400.gif

#698 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

Diamond no Ace second season 8/10

One of my all time favorite sports anime!! This season mostly contained matches and introducing the rookies (new first years yaaay). Still it was a pretty nice season, and I hope a third season will be made. 

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd season 6.5/10

ZenXShirayuki ftw!! But, it was an enjoyable season.

Haikyuu!! 2nd season 8/10

This season was packed with some of my favorite moments from the manga. Can't wait for the 3rd season

Ajin 8.5/10

Okay, this is my prob favorite anime of this season. I know that people might not agree with me, but Ajin was pretty awesome to me. The CG animation was a pain in the first episode, but I got used to it. 

#699 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:17 PM

Serial Experiments Lain -- 5/10; I feel like I'm being generous with the score, because honestly, it was incredibly disappointing. The characters were so flat and uninteresting I couldn't connect with them at all, and the plot was meh. I had the feeling the whole time that I'd seen all this before, but done better. For all I've heard about this being a great psychological anime I'm very underwhelmed. I love a good story heavy on the psychological/philosophical, but for me Serial Experiments Lain fails in that regard. 

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 28 May 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#700 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

Serial Experiments Lain -- 5/10; I feel like I'm being generous with the score, because honestly, it was incredibly disappointing. The characters were so flat and uninteresting I couldn't connect with them at all, and the plot was meh. I had the feeling the whole time that I'd seen all this before, but done better. For all I've heard about this being a great psychological anime I'm very underwhelmed. I love a good story heavy on the psychological/philosophical, but for me Serial Experiments Lain fails in that regard. 

Yeah, whatever people say about this anime... When SOOOO many things go over your head, it's hard to care for the series.

Can a make a recommendation? Haibane Renmei is made by the same producer, but I think it's a much better story if you ask me. At least you get to care for the characters. The series revolves around the characters.

Edited by trang95, 03 June 2016 - 01:48 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users