Close
Photo

Kara no Kyōkai / The Garden of Sinners

anime film series light novel Ufotable thriller supernatural mystery action drama romance

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

They're married.

#22 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

They're married.

[...? Who? Shiki and Mikiya? The characters' voice actors?

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#23 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts
  • Interests:Games, Anime, OUAT....stuff I can't remember...and music!

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:19 PM

*scratches head* You mean the one with the brown hair? I was wondering if Mikiya is close to that guy b/c it looked like Mikiya went to a cafe with him later.
Last year, when I first watched the movie, I was just like wtf is wrong with Mikiya?! Rewatching the movie now, I understand his actions better. But is he in denial about Shiki being the mass murderer, or is he aware of the fact that SHIKI is the one committing the murders?

He was trying to help her and yes he knew because she told him, well SHIKI did, so he stayed there at night so he can prevent her from doing anything more basically but falling for her. Also, yes the guy with brown hair! This movie is important for the 7th movie!

tumblr_m8a1skcZ6M1rx8yloo1_500.jpg

Joui Four

#24 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

He was trying to help her and yes he knew because she told him, well SHIKI did, so he stayed there at night so he can prevent her from doing anything more basically but falling for her. Also, yes the guy with brown hair! This movie is important for the 7th movie!

Oh, ok... I think I start getting why you love movie 2 so much :D Looking it at like that makes it almost look like a " tragic love story." Well, not really, but love is an important key element in this movie... I think last year I was just too dense to realize what was going on.
What's that dude's name? I'm not sure if they mentioned his name in the movie.

Edited by trang95, 18 June 2015 - 12:56 AM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#25 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 12:49 AM

Oh, ok... I think I start getting why you love movie 2 so much :D Looking it at this makes it almost look like a " ragic love story." Well, not really, but love is an important key element in this movie... I think last year I was just too dense to realize what was going on.
What's that dude's name? I'm not sure if they mentioned his name in the movie.

I forgot...lol Yes!! It's my second favorite!! I adore the 5th movie the most

Joui Four

#26 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

You disappoint me Ryo... I thought you were the Typemoon expert :cry:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:26 AM

[...? Who? Shiki and Mikiya? The characters' voice actors?

Oh you don't know, well keep watching then. You will know it by yourself :fu:

#28 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:58 AM

It's awesome, I didn't really liked the 6th though because instead of adapting the "heavy things" they censored them in a way that wasn't really fitting IMO

Edited by Nar123, 18 June 2015 - 01:58 AM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#29 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

It's awesome, I didn't really liked the 6th though because instead of adapting the "heavy things" they censored them in a way that wasn't really fitting IMO

Everyone's pretty much saying that.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#30 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:59 AM

It was the movie Nana Mizuki was in too lol The ending of the 6th movie was interesting though

Joui Four

#31 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:02 AM

You disappoint me Ryo... I thought you were the Typemoon expert :cry:

....Names are too long..

Joui Four

#32 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

Stopping by really quickly before I watch movie 4 to give quick thoughts about movie 3:

Wow... What a dark, dark, but especially... sad movie. This movie had the most graphic and disturbing scenes with the group raping scene in the opening sequence so far in the Kara no Kyoukai series. You don't see that a lot in animes... This leaves the question if studio Ufotable dares to go all out with Heaven's Feel Route, too.

When I compare movie 1 to movie 3, I immediately weigh Kirie Fujou against Fujino Asagami... The interesting thing is that both had the deepest desire to learn what "being alive" really feels like. While the former one jumped to her death to reach this goal, the latter refuses to die as she has just started to began realizing what it feels like to be alive with all the pain and insanely strong psychokinetic powers. Overall, I have to say that I like Fujino more as we were able to partially follow her actions from her point of view; we didn't get to connect to Kirie until the end of movie 1. Fujino is really lamentable. She's treated like trash, considered an anomaly in her hometown, and hated by her own father. I've always loved the Japanese word "itai" which means "It hurts" (or something like that). Depending on the voice actors, that word can sound auditorily really beautiful. So, props to Fujino's voice actress when Fujino used this word repeatedly towards the end: Such an emotional moment. All she ever wanted was to live a normal life, to be alive, and when she was finally "given back" her body, nothing truly good came out of it. She'll never be able to live a normal life, and I don't expect her to be forgiven at all, but I hope she tries to make the best out of that insensitive body of hers.

Oh, this smile of Shiki was truly heartwarming guys <3:
murderousimpulse.png

Honestly, this anime film series is something I would never suggest to casual anime watchers or some who simply watch something for entertainment. It's easy to mistake Kara no Kyoukai as a shallow and baseless series.

EDIT: Btw, this movie would have been a lot more satisfying if Keita had been punished for his crime. At least showing him being imprisoned would have been nice -.-

Edited by trang95, 20 June 2015 - 04:00 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#33 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:51 PM

I watched one of these movies a while back, but then I kind of forgot about it. I finally decided to start it again yesterday and I've watched three of them so far. Movie three made me very sad.

#34 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

I watched one of these movies a while back, but then I kind of forgot about it. I finally decided to start it again yesterday and I've watched three of them so far. Movie three made me very sad.

Nice to see you in here :D

It really is sad :( And so far I've watched five movies.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#35 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Nice to see you in here :D
It really is sad :( And so far I've watched five movies.

How was the 5th movie? :3

Joui Four

#36 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

How was the 5th movie? :3

Awesome to say the least. But since it was the longest and most complicated one, I have to rewatch it soon. I'm not even sure what exactly Touka and Soren Araya were discussing about this whole Paradox Spiral Life thing :sweat: That's why I didn't really write my thoughts down (for now).

Movie 6 tomorrow! Btw, how come fans don't like movie 6 so much.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#37 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:25 PM

Awesome to say the least. But since it was the longest and most complicated one, I have to rewatch it soon. I'm not even sure what exactly Touka and Soren Araya were discussing about this whole Paradox Spiral Life thing :sweat: That's why I didn't really write my thoughts down (for now).
Movie 6 tomorrow! Btw, how come fans don't like movie 6 so much.

It's ok but not entertaining and has not much to do with the plot til around the end

Joui Four

#38 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:42 PM

I'm not sure what I think of movie five. I don't think I really got half of what on earth was going on, but I watched it pretty late at night so maybe that's why. I suppose it's something I'll have to re-watch later to better understand.

#39 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:09 PM

I'm not sure what I think of movie five. I don't think I really got half of what on earth was going on, but I watched it pretty late at night so maybe that's why. I suppose it's something I'll have to re-watch later to better understand.

Yeah, the action was good, but this whole Paradox Spiral thing was confusing :twitch:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#40 RyohkiFan

RyohkiFan

Ryo The Hero!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,974 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, the action was good, but this whole Paradox Spiral thing was confusing :twitch:

I feel you!! I had to watch it like twice to understand and I was like ohhhhh, no wonder I like this movie xD

Joui Four

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anime, film series, light novel, Ufotable, thriller, supernatural, mystery, action, drama, romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users