Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

Hiro Mashima's new manga series is finally here everyone, Eden's Zero:

04-05b.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

Chapter 1: https://jaiminisbox....o/en/0/1/page/3

Now personally I haven't checked out the chapter as of yet mainly due to finals for my summer classes coming up next week, and the schedule of my summer classes being a bit tedious at the moment. Which of course means my live reaction this first chapter is gonna be held off to next friday June 6th a little after Chapter 2 comes out. 

That being said, I can't wait to check this out next week, and it's gonna be hard to avoid resisting this first chapter due to my curiosity. Even so, Hiro Mashima has done a great series (Rave Master) and one subpar to decent series being Fairy Tail. So I'm willing to give him a chance in the coming week on my end at atleast.   

A brand new world awaits us with this series, and it's time to see where it takes us.  Go ahead and share your thoughts on this first chapter.   

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:06 PM

Here we go with the friendship stuff again... Although, it's only the first chapter, so I guess I'm being a bit harsh. Less fanservice than I expected. The setting being in space is relatively interesting, so I'll keep my eye on it.

Edited by winter-serenade, 25 June 2018 - 09:08 PM.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Hiro Mashima's new manga series is finally here everyone, Eden's Zero:

04-05b.jpg?quality=100&strip=all

Chapter 1: https://jaiminisbox....o/en/0/1/page/3

Now personally I haven't checked out the chapter as of yet mainly due to finals for my summer classes coming up next week, and the schedule of my summer classes being a bit tedious at the moment. Which of course means my live reaction this first chapter is gonna be held off to next friday June 6th a little after Chapter 2 comes out. 

That being said, I can't wait to check this out next week, and it's gonna be hard to avoid resisting this first chapter due to my curiosity. Even so, Hiro Mashima has done a great series (Rave Master) and one subpar to decent series being Fairy Tail. So I'm willing to give him a chance in the coming week on my end at atleast.   

A brand new world awaits us with this series, and it's time to see where it takes us.  Go ahead and share your thoughts on this first chapter.   

Doesn't seem bad, although it the main characters remind me too much of Natus and Lucy hehe well we'll see where it goes. I hope that is is fun like Fairy Tail, but more deep and enriching in story like Rave Master

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:58 AM

Ok the evil looking metal man, The Demon King is the main guys Shiki's...mentor I think that teaches him the importance of friendship and hearts exist in all things. The pink wizard robot, Michael is there too.

So Rebecca -the lucy looking girl (really acts like her too)- and happy go to a theme park called Granbell Kingdom that hasn't had a customer in a hundred years. Oh, she is like a youtuber that wants a million subscribers for her videos which is why she came here. She likes cats.

Well main character Shiki is the only human on the island, seems like he also keeps the robots running (yes, Granbell is a fantasy theme park filled with robots,) he is socially awkward to the extreme. He quickly asked Rebecca to be his friend. He has the power of Either Gear. His goal is to make a hundred friends.

The king of the theme park looks like Purehito. Turns out they got a virus that made them self aware over the last 100 years, and they put on an act to make Shiki leave with Rebecca before they all breakdown because he can't stop their batteries from running out. 

...Turns out this is a science fantasy space manga. It has potential it really depends on the planets they visit, and the people they meet. The planet hopping could either be good or bad depending on the planets they visit. The differences between rave master and fairy tail were vaster then Fairy Tail and Eden Zero. So you are constantly reminded of Fairy tail while reading it. The two main characters' goals are kind of weak.

#5 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Well that was um....well actually it felt like a chapter from Fairy Tail the later years, played it too safe, even the conflict turned out to be for the right reasons. As far as first chapters go, it's behind both Fairy Tail and Rave Masters as far as quality goes. Though I may have marked it down more than I should have when it's revealed Rebecca is a Vlogger.

Will see how progresses from now, but so far not the best start, I'd likely put the manga on the back burner for a few chapters to see where it goes before continuing to read it, but this is Hiro so will continue to read it every week. Even the humour didn't quite hit the mark.

iAnby7W.gif

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

Well the ONLY thing about this pilot that is a constant reminder of Fairy Tail is the fanatical preaching about "friendship", and smacking its importance in the audience's faces to the point it should become a religion  (ALL HAIL OUR GOD, FRIENDSHIP!!!) :zaru:

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Well the ONLY thing about this pilot that is a constant reminder of Fairy Tail is the fanatical preaching about "friendship", and smacking its importance in the audience's faces to the point it should become a religion  (ALL HAIL OUR GOD, FRIENDSHIP!!!) :zaru:

Also everything can have a heart. Don't forget that; it is what the Demon King was preaching at the beginning.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 07:12 AM

Oh it already been a week. The giant blue lady from that picture starts off the chapter, and if it wasn't made clear last time Shiki is apparently incredibly important to the fate of...space.

The equivalent to their youtube are B-Cubes, and Rebecca is a B-Cubers...ugh. Their main world is Blue Garden a planet of their adventures guild.

Oh happy is an Exxdi instead of an Exceed, which turns out he is a transforming robot that turns into Rebecca's dual pistols.

Oh and she is an orphan that had no one else but Happy.

The Ezra clone is Elcy (I cy...Icey?) an armored space pirate princess that is going to Blue Garden because Shiki The Demon King's Grandson left Granbell.

...I'm not impressed yet.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

Yeah I don't find it engaging but I'll wait and see. I recall that Fairy Tail did not start off with a bang either. Yeah actually that is the problem.  He is practically rehashing Fairy Tail at this point and peppering details from Rave Master here and there

Edited by Phantom_999, 03 July 2018 - 01:59 PM.

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 08:05 PM

Not read the chapter yet, but I have to say Eden Zero's version of Thanos looks a lot better than the Marvel Universes version.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

So Elsie is this Manga's Jellal I take it? Still not feeling it, not sure what it is but it is lacking something, it's too similar to Fairy Tail, and the whole B-tuber just gets on my nerves, if I'm perfectly honest, the only real thing going for it, is Rebecca is a lot less of a damsel in distress than Lucy, she also is less refined and rough around the edges when she's in battle mode, hope we see more of that in the future.

iAnby7W.gif

#12 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:52 PM

Chapter 2 is out

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:53 AM

The adventure guild's name is Meteor Torch. Giant blue woman name is "Mother, Goddess of Space." Their goal is to find Mother in order to make a video about to get more subscribers.

The Wendy looking girl is Lavilla Christ, she is a kitten.

Oh the girl with glasses is the guild's receptionist.

Puun is a species in this manga like fairy tail; Nikola.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 July 2018 - 05:54 AM.

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

Well, it establishes it self as different from Fairy Tail, at least in terms of some of the characters' personalities, and at least the the "whole guild is a family" theme is absent for now at least (Love that fourth wall reference to Fairy Tail). It's not a masterpiece overall per say but I enjoy it well enough so I'll read it as it goes along but I have no high expectations for it. I am enjoying the fact that it is a space opera though :D

#15 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

Team shadow and Natsu and Lucy in the background, they appear to be be a bit far away from home, but nice cameo's for them.

iAnby7W.gif

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

oh I just noticed Levi and her group lol :D

#17 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

SO chapter 4 is out, and I decided to play catch up and read it on my own time because I a lot was happening over the past few weeks, and I've been performing a new diet which has been taking up most of time. 

But okay the last few pages of Chapter 4  I mean wow I was not expecting that! 

Chapter 4: https://www.mangatai...er/edens-zero-4

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 July 2018 - 11:11 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Well that ending came out from the left field, lets see if it actually brings up anything interesting in the future, or if it will be a let down like most of the twists we had in Fairy Tail over the years.

iAnby7W.gif

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

It seemed more random to me. lol Why would they just jump 20000 thousand years into the future just like that?

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

Turns out the old man and the blond guy are the same person.

Also there is now a female narrator that just explained that this is both a journey through space, and time.

They changed the guild name to "Shooting Starlight?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users