45 replies to this topic

#1 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

I just thought of this interesting idea, we all know that Team 7 will no doubt be nicknamed as the new Sannin. Now, one thing's for sure, if Shikamaru ever makes it big in the bingo book, he will probably be nicknamed Konoha's Genius (Konoha no Tensai). & now here's the thing... I think that Shikamaru will also get the title of the "4th Sannin"(Yonban no Sannin) why? because each one of team 7 can be replaced by Shikamaru. Not only that, if Shika's in a mission along with Team 7 (in the future, of course) they will probably have almost 100% chance of winning. Because each of the members of Team 7 not only can they follow Shika's plan, but they can also improvise it according to the situation.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#2 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

Ok what makes you think team 7 will get the title of Sannin anyway? And since Shika isn't even apart of team 7 why would he be automatically included? The whole Sannin thing happened accidentally, it wasn't planned. It was just how that particular mission went down. Plus there wasn't a 4th sannin in the original group, why would they make an exception now? I mean 4th Hokage was a hot Ninja, probably better than every member of the Sannin team, but he wasn't given the name 4th Sannin.

And furthermore, what's so good about the Sannin name anyway? At one point or another every member of them either left, betrayed or abandoned Konoha to become a womanizer, an alcoholic or power hungry maniac. If anything Sannin is a title with prestige only, no real benefit.

Edited by No WhereMan, 08 April 2009 - 09:27 PM.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#3 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

And keep in mind as well that "sannin" means "three ninjas". Therefore, I don't we see it happening, unless The Three Musketeers has been ever published in Fire Country.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#4 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:09 PM

It took him a week to plan and defeat a one trick pony and the weakest Akatsuki member Hidan.

Replace any member of Team 7? It'd be a complete joke to replace him in spot of Naruto or Sasuke, and last time I checked Shikamaru lacks medic skills that Sakura has. Skill wise Naruto and Sasuke are superior, and even in terms of intelligence Sakura can match him. Your better of recommending Lee or Neji who are way better than Shikamaru. He's severely overrated.

Also, Team 7 was never much of a team. At least what we knew from the Sannin they worked together, but Team 7 pretty much did their own thing and rarely relied on teamwork. Neo-Sannin is simply foreshadowing and theme relaying, that's all.

#5 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

So, your suggesting having a 4th "3 ninja"

Granted, Shikamaru is a genius, but his own team of Ino, Chouji, and him work better in terms of team work. Team 7 only has teamwork between sakura and Naruto and that was only for the first couple of arcs of part 2. Such as now, Sakura is on the track for being the next legendary healer like Tsunade and Naruto is the new Gama-sennin. I don't see very many team missions coming their way anymore.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#6 Kunai Poetry

Kunai Poetry

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:13 PM

As noted, making him the fourth of the three would be weird. Besides, he's a front-runner for Rokudaime, which is more prestigious anyway.

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Kunai Poetry @ Apr 10 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As noted, making him the fourth of the three would be weird. Besides, he's a front-runner for Rokudaime, which is more prestigious anyway.

What makes you think he will be Hokage? huh.gif That's taking Naruto's dream away from him, which is a very bad move.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Kunai Poetry @ Apr 10 2009, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How is Shika even close to becoming Hokage? For what was described Hokage was the strongest Ninja in the village, had a large assortment of techniques, and was willing to lay his life on the line for everyone in the village.

Out of those three things, Shika only has one of those and its the heart. And that's only sorta. Shika's is smart very smart, but he completely lacks the power and the ability to protect all of Konoha by himself. Kinda like what Naruto is doing right now.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#9 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Kunai Poetry @ Apr 10 2009, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it was said he would be a candidate for Hokage if he wasn't so darn lazy, he's not an actual candiate.

As for the main topi, it's already been noted that the 'Legendary Sannin' means 'Legendary 3 Ninja's' And I believe you are wrong about Shika being able to replace any of the members of Team 7, He lacks the Medical and physical power to replace Sakura, He lacks the Ninjutsu, speed and Sharingan to be able to replace Sasuke, and as for Naruto he lacks the determination, raw power, Chakra capacity, and instant planning ability Naruto has.

If you think about it, Naruto is the worst opponant for Shikamaru, He is completely unpredictable (well except you know he's going to use Kage Bushins and Rasengan to win), How is Shika meant to plan against someone who himself doesn't know how he intends to fight? You'll notice that where Shika has to withdraw from the battlefield to analyse the battle and come up with hundred possible scenario's, Where with Naruto his planning is on the go, you just have to look at the plan he formed to beat Neji, Gaara, Kakuza and recently Pein, he mixes things up, changes battle strategy's as he does along, and with his use of Shadow clones, makes it almost impossilbe to pre-plan against.

iAnby7W.gif

#10 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

Exactly. If the Sannin become four, it will become the "Densetsu no Yonin".

#11 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Basically, my point is that Shikamaru will be a "shadow" Sannin (the irony, eh? tongue.gif ) it's like this: Konoha's enemies know of the Sannin but WHAT they don't know is that there is someone else at their level (or VERY close) Shikamaru has an ability to organize his team that'll make them have a close to 100% success rate. If he organizes the trio very well, can you guys imagine it? with Shikamaru pulling the strings, and Naruto & Sasuke's improvisation, they'll be nearly invincible.

Or to make it clear, how about someone making a fanart having Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke standing in the light but with Shikamaru as the shadow

248793.jpg

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#12 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jun 17 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Basically, my point is that Shikamaru will be a "shadow" Sannin (the irony, eh? tongue.gif ) it's like this: Konoha's enemies know of the Sannin but WHAT they don't know is that there is someone else at their level (or VERY close) Shikamaru has an ability to organize his team that'll make them have a close to 100% success rate. If he organizes the trio very well, can you guys imagine it? with Shikamaru pulling the strings, and Naruto & Sasuke's improvisation, they'll be nearly invincible.

Or to make it clear, how about someone making a fanart having Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke standing in the light but with Shikamaru as the shadow

Don't you mean Sennin? Sannin as it's been pointed on more than one occasion, mean's 'three great ninja's' (or Densetsu no Sannin to be precise) you can't have four member of Sannin, that's an oxymoron. plus it would have to be a title earned not just passed on. He could be a Shadow Sage, if such a thing exists in the world, but that wouldn't work either because Shadow is Kage in Japanese, so it would be Kage Sennin, and with a title like that many would assume he's stonger than the Kage's of the five country and we all know that's now the case.

iAnby7W.gif

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

Vld pointed it out, that 4 great ninjas are 'Densetsu no Yonin'

#14 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jun 17 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vld pointed it out, that 4 great ninjas are 'Densetsu no Yonin'

I know that i'm referring to him being known as a sage instead of Yonin, which is much cooler, being a sage means your a master of something, being a Sannin or Yonin, you share the title with 2 or three others.

iAnby7W.gif

#15 Xabsol

Xabsol

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

I dont mean to offend anyone here, 'cause, Shika-shake is a great character and all but.. sweatdrop.gif well..

Whats so great about him? yeah, intelligence, but he is not the only person who is intelligent in Konoha.

#16 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Xabsol @ Jun 17 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont mean to offend anyone here, 'cause, Shika-shake is a great character and all but.. sweatdrop.gif well..

Whats so great about him? yeah, intelligence, but he is not the only person who is intelligent in Konoha.

I know, I like him too but he not that great to even be consider a fourth Sannin.

#17 tosakuai

tosakuai

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Nature, Family, and learning about anything Japanese

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Apr 8 2009, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And keep in mind as well that "sannin" means "three ninjas". Therefore, I don't we see it happening, unless The Three Musketeers has been ever published in Fire Country.

I agree that the sannin is three ninjas, but the story of the 'Three Musketeers' is a story about four guys. The original three had that nickname and then D'artanion (sp) joined the group.

#18 Vld

Vld

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Jun 17 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know that i'm referring to him being known as a sage instead of Yonin, which is much cooler, being a sage means your a master of something, being a Sannin or Yonin, you share the title with 2 or three others.

Oh, then that's just a spelling mistake. "Sage" is said "Sennin", with an 'e'. And so far, Jiraya is the only one of the Sannins to be called Sennin.
So Shika could be called the KageSennin ("Shadow Sage") and be part of the Yonin, Gonin, Rokunin or whatever number of new generation legendary shinobi there may be.

#19 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Newkerz @ Jun 17 2009, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shikamaru is part of a clan that specializes in shadows. So just because he is good at shadow techniques he should be given a Sennin title? Why not call Ino the "Mind" Sennin, or Chouji, the "Fat Sennin" or Shino the "Bug Sennin" and Kiba the "Dog Sennin"? The title is only given to people who make a name for themselves and do something well respected. Killing the weakest Akatsuki member isn't going to give him that title. Tsunade is a legendary medic, Jiraiya is a toad sage, Orochimaru was a scientific genius. What's Shikamaru going to get? Laziest Sennin?

He has lead a team once and that was to capture Sasuke during the end of part 1. He failed terribly, making him 0-1. Being smart doesn't automatically make you a great team leader. And would Naruto (the most unpredictable ninja) and Sasuke (who listens to nobody) actually choose to follow somebody? Seriously he is very overrated.

#20 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Yes, but we've seen just how great his ability is. Remember Hidan & Kakuzu? he created a completely flawless plan to separate Hidan & Kakuzu in such a short time. Not to mention Kakashi praised him for formulating a plan so quick even though there was a sudden 4th member.

248793.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users