• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#21 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 12 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is all this Talking about a Time Line, But no Actually dates.

Six Sage Path - ?????
Founding of Leaf - ??????
1st Hokage / Uchia Fight - ???????
Jaryia Traing the 3 Rains - ????????
Kakashi Gets the Sharigan - ??????????
4th Saves Villiage From 9 tails - ???????
Lee, Tenten, Neji Graduate - ??????????
The other 9 Graduate - ?????????
Chuni Exams - July 1 ????????
Suskue Leaves - ??????????
Naruto Returns from Training - ?????????

I put some important dates tehre and I think they are in the right order. I know the cghuni exams happened in July.

All that's necessary is a year reference point to have a chronology, month and day aren't necessary for most of them. We have year reference point for most of those and the others can be given a decent conjecture date from what we have, really only the Sage's lifetime isn't clear of those.

Founding of Konoha- around 60 years before Naruto turned 12- to make the math easier for me wink.gif I'm going to say 65 years from current storyline, so 49 years before Naruto was born.

We know from what has been revealed that Hashirama and Mito vs Madara and Kyuubi had to happen soon after Konoha's founding- certainly no later than two years after the founding.

Edited by ciardha, 12 October 2010 - 08:59 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#22 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 12 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All that's necessary is a year reference point to have a chronology, month and day aren't necessary for most of them. We have year reference point for most of those and the others can be given a decent conjecture date from what we have, really only the Sage's lifetime isn't clear of those.

Founding of Konoha- around 60 years before Naruto turned 12- to make the math easier for me wink.gif I'm going to say 65 years from current storyline, so 49 years before Naruto was born.

We know from what has been revealed that Hashirama and Mito vs Madara and Kyuubi had to happen soon after Konoha's founding- certainly no later than two years after the founding.

See that is what I'm confussed bout. I thought Madara told Sasuke that Konoha was founded 80 years before the current storyline. So I was guessing that Naruto was born year 65 of the founding.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#23 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Oct 12 2010, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
See that is what I'm confussed bout. I thought Madara told Sasuke that Konoha was founded 80 years before the current storyline. So I was guessing that Naruto was born year 65 of the founding.

No, Madara's story starts about 80 years ago, when he recounts his youth (pre even the first fight with Hashirama) how he and his younger brother achieved MS and he became head of the Uchihas and took his brother's eyes. It was at this point he first battles Hashirama, they fought many battles over the years, then Hashirama proposed peace with the Uchiha. Everyone agreed but Madara so he had to make peace with the Senju. Together Madara and Hashirama battled an enemy of the Fire Daimyo and the reward was land. That was the founding of Konoha, 60 some years before Naruto turned 12. Madara hated having peace with the Senju and hated Konoha. He tried to stir up trouble and the Uchiha shunned him. That's when Madara got the Kyuubi and tried to attack Konoha. Hashirama and Mito stopped him.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#24 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 12 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, Madara's story starts about 80 years ago, when he recounts his youth (pre even the first fight with Hashirama) how he and his younger brother achieved MS and he became head of the Uchihas and took his brother's eyes. It was at this point he first battles Hashirama, they fought many battles over the years, then Hashirama proposed peace with the Uchiha. Everyone agreed but Madara so he had to make peace with the Senju. Together Madara and Hashirama battled an enemy of the Fire Daimyo and the reward was land. That was the founding of Konoha, 60 some years before Naruto turned 12. Madara hated having peace with the Senju and hated Konoha. He tried to stir up trouble and the Uchiha shunned him. That's when Madara got the Kyuubi and tried to attack Konoha. Hashirama and Mito stopped him.

Ah ok I kinda missed the whole youth part.

Hmm of course there is some leeway considering how it was translated. (reminded of the Kakashi Gaiden intro saying a 10 years before the series start when it had to be closer to 15 years just because of how the translation worked out.)

#25 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Oct 12 2010, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah ok I kinda missed the whole youth part.

Hmm of course there is some leeway considering how it was translated. (reminded of the Kakashi Gaiden intro saying a 10 years before the series start when it had to be closer to 15 years just because of how the translation worked out.)

13 years. Kakashi, Rin and Obito were 13 during the Gaiden. Kakashi was 14 when the Kyuubi attack happened. The manga text says "around" 10 years, but the age of Kakashi tells you when it actually was.

At the 80 years ago chronological part of the flashback Madara looks about Sasuke's age now, so likely 16-17 years old, and his brother Izuna looks about Sasuke's age in part 1 so around 12-13 years old. When Madara took his brother's eyes Izuna looked about Sasuke's age now, so about 3-4 years later, apparently some time shortly after that Madara and Hashirama fought for the first time. Hashirama looked a bit older- maybe mid 20's, where Madara looked early 20's. Hashirama looked about the same age when he married Mito Uzumaki- and she looked around very late teens-early 20's. (Tsunade's parent, likely mother, was likely born the next year- right around the same year as Hiruzen, Koharu, Homura, Danzo, Ebizo and most likely Biwako too. Chiyo was born a year before.

#26 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:49 AM

Did Jayria train the 4th Hokage before or after he trained the Rain Ninjas?

#27 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 13 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did Jayria train the 4th Hokage before or after he trained the Rain Ninjas?

After. He was around 8-10 years older than the Rain trio, while around 13 years older than Minato.

#28 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Gym, Martial Arts, Property

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:15 AM

@ciardha - So that would put Nagato, Konan and Yahiko (if he were still alive) around the ages of 44-46, right? I did a calculation a while ago, and if Yahiko was around 25-30 years of age when he died, and Jiraiya was somewhere between 8-13 years older than the orphans, then they'd be somewhere between the ages of 41-46 in the current timeline. And then I thought, if this was right, then Yahiko's death/Nagato's fall was approximately 16 years ago, around the time of Naruto's birth. It would be quite freaky/symbolic if both events happened on the same day.

If there's one thing I have learned In my short time on this Earth

Devotion should be owed not earned Only you determine what you're worth

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#29 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 12 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Six Sage Path - ?????
Founding of Leaf - ??????
1st Hokage / Uchia Fight - ???????
3rd Trains the 3 Future Sanins - ???????
Jaryia Traing the 3 Rains - ????????
Jaryia Trais the 4th's team - ???????
Kakashi Gets the Sharigan - ??????????
4th Saves Villiage From 9 tails - ???????
Lee, Tenten, Neji Graduate - ??????????
The other 9 Graduate - ?????????
Chuni Exams - July 1 ????????
Suskue Leaves - ??????????
Naruto Returns from Training - ?????????
Pain attacks Village - ???????????

Does anyone know if Ochermaro was ran off before or after Kakashi got the Sharigan?

#30 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

^ It was after. He left about 4-5 years after the Nine Tail's attack.

Edited by Quinny52, 13 October 2010 - 05:15 PM.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#31 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Quinny52 @ Oct 13 2010, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ It was after. He left about 4-5 years after the Nine Tail's attack.

Really

I always thought the 3rd was still in power when he left and they hadnt chosen the 4th yet

#32 Quinny52

Quinny52

Numquam Moribimur

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

You remember how Orochimaru started secretly performing experiments on people to find the secret to immortality (as well as other experiments) around the time of the 3rd war right? Well, one of his goals was to become Hokage so that he could gain access to the forbidden scroll archives, but when Minato was chosen over him, he became less discreet about his actions and was eventually found out and so he fled. Now, I said this was roughly 4-5 years after the Nine-tail's attack because of episode 114 of shippuden, where there was a flashback of Oro spying on Itachi as he trained, and this was the moment when he decided he wanted the Sharingan, specifically Itachi's (this would've been chronologically accurate because Itachi would've been 8 at the time, which was when he awakened his sharingan). However, while it may fit chronologically, most of the flashbacks in Ep. 114 were filler, and therefore shouldn't be taken as canon evidence. All I know for sure is that Oro left some time after the Nine-tail's attack.

Gustav Wood - Young Guns

#33 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:00 AM

hmm I have to wonder, When were the first three shinobi wars in relation to the other events. We know that kakashi gaiden was near or at the end of the third war, but where would you put the other two?
though if you believe the anime, Jiraiya taught the rain trio during the third war. Of course I feel it was probably at the end of the second war.

#34 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Oct 19 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm I have to wonder, When were the first three shinobi wars in relation to the other events. We know that kakashi gaiden was near or at the end of the third war, but where would you put the other two?
though if you believe the anime, Jiraiya taught the rain trio during the third war. Of course I feel it was probably at the end of the second war.

The anime screwed up again. The manga timeline is pretty clear that the Sanin encountered the Rain trio near the end of the Second ninja war (their youth makes it obvious too, they were in their mid teens- early twenties during the Second war, thirties during the Third. It's not explicitly stated but it's a good guess the First war was winding down around the time Tobirama sacrificed himself and Hiruzen became Hokage- likely a year or so before Hiruzen became the Sanin's Genin teacher, so when the Sanin were around 4-5 years old.

Here's a bit of the timeline I've worked out:
Hashirama and Tobirama died during the First ninja war
Nawaki died during the Second Ninja war (probably around the beginning of that war, and it ended around the time the Sanin were in their early 20's)
Dan's death- happened when tensions were starting to ramp up building toward the start of the Third war. (It's not directly referenced as happening during the Third war so it's probably shortly before it started, when the Sanin were in their late 20's- Dan was 27 when he died, and it's most likely Tsunade was about the same age as him- it fits the chronology. Sakumo was most likely around the same age as the Sanin too, as it would fit the usual age range for becoming a parent- the Sanin are 24 years older than Kakashi)
Sakumo- killed himself during the early years of the Third war, when Kakashi was 7 years old- making Sakumo 31, interestingly- Kakashi was 30 when he died briefly and met his father again. We don't know when Kakashi's mother died but it was some years before Sakumo did)
Yahiko and Obito died near the end of the Third War

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users