Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:38 AM

Sorry this is the biggest size WSJ site has posted! sad.gif

Golden Rasengan! wow.png

Edited by Uzumakikage, 27 July 2010 - 04:40 AM.

#2 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:05 AM

That cover art looks awesome! I can't wait to see how it when it's much larger! wow.png

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#3 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jul 27 2010, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry this is the biggest size WSJ site has posted! sad.gif

Golden Rasengan! wow.png

well wasn't chakra supposed to be yellow in the manga (but the anime made it blue for some reason)
i'dont remenber seeing a blue rasengan in the color page before for the manga but maybe it's just my memory.

anyway nice new cover

#4 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

I've read something like 'the golden rasengan' in a fanfic. Has Kishi been snooping around on ff? biggrin.gif

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (The Max @ Jul 26 2010, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well wasn't chakra supposed to be yellow in the manga (but the anime made it blue for some reason)
i'dont remenber seeing a blue rasengan in the color page before for the manga but maybe it's just my memory.

anyway nice new cover

I believe chakra doesn't really give a color. If I remember correctly, Naruto once told Jiraiya that if he had to distinguish it his chakra would be red, and the foxes' would be blue. Ironically it is the opposite in the anime, I guess not to confuse people.

Volume 52 looks awesome. Who makes these? Kishimoto or someone else?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:05 AM

I've read something like 'the golden rasengan' in a fanfic. Has Kishi been snooping around on ff?

Given that he has stated he knows nothing about fandom overseas and he has admitted he doesn't own one computer... the answer is not.

If I remember correctly, Naruto once told Jiraiya that if he had to distinguish it his chakra would be red, and the foxes' would be blue.

I would swear Jiraiya told the Fox's chakra was red-coloured... but I can't confirm it right now.

Anyway the cover looks great.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#7 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Jul 27 2010, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would swear Jiraiya told the Fox's chakra was red-coloured... but I can't confirm it right now.

Anyway the cover looks great.

Wasn't that what he said in the anime?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#8 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

Wasn't that what he said in the anime?

I don't know what he said in the anime. I have not watched the episode. I have barely watched a handful of anime episodes.

I think Jiraiya said that bit about the Fox chakra being red in the manga, back when he was teaching Naruto to summon. But I don't remember the exact chapter and I have not my volumes at hand right now, so I can't check it. And I don't know if onemanga is still open or not, so I can't check it using online means, either.

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#9 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

cool cover! biggrin.gif I think rasengan turns gold. Next time it will turn orange (as Naruto is Orange Hokage of Konoha smile.gif)

#10 The Max

The Max

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Jul 27 2010, 02:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe chakra doesn't really give a color. If I remember correctly, Naruto once told Jiraiya that if he had to distinguish it his chakra would be red, and the foxes' would be blue. Ironically it is the opposite in the anime, I guess not to confuse people.

Actually i reread the tome in question and naruto say that is normal chakra is yellow and that is other chakra (the fox one) is red the anime team seem to have have switched the color from yellow to blue for some reason .

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (The Max @ Jul 27 2010, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually i reread the tome in question and naruto say that is normal chakra is yellow and that is other chakra (the fox one) is red the anime team seem to have have switched the color from yellow to blue for some reason .

And for some reason medical related chakra work is greenish in the anime. Probably just looks better, shows up on the screen better than glowing yellow does.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

I have just checked it. Naruto definitely states his chakra is yellow and the other chakra -the Fox's one- is red. However Naruto's wording is peculiar. He says: "I don't know how putting it in words. Let's tell the chakra I use is yellow. That other chakra is red". That phrasing seems suggesting those aren't the actual colours but Naruto told they were for the sake of the explanation.

At least that is how it is translated in the volume I own (which obviously isn't volume published in America).

Anyways that scene happens in volume 11, chapter 91. In case of you wanted checking it personally.

#13 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

I saw some of Kishi's part 1 volume covers and Naruto's normal manga chakra is indeed yellow.

#14 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#15 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:58 AM

The cover looks sweet! biggrin.gif Kabutomaru ftw! pictureem0.gif

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#16 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:22 AM

Whoa, epic cover! It's just amazing!!! whatthekitten.gif

#17 Inori

Inori

The Slayer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Wow !!! Awesome cover !! I love it ! ohboy.png woot.gif woot.gif iluvff.gif th_tongue.gif th_tongue.gif th_tongue.gif drooling.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif narusaku.gif a_squish.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#18 The Naruto guy

The Naruto guy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (NightSkyGiRL @ Aug 6 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow !!! Awesome cover !! I love it ! ohboy.png woot.gif woot.gif iluvff.gif th_tongue.gif th_tongue.gif th_tongue.gif drooling.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif whatthekitten.gif narusaku.gif a_squish.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Smile spam? Any way... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! wow.png

Back from the dead. It's a shame what happened. NaruSaku will live on.

#19 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

This cover is just yelling naruto vs sasuke. or kruemelmonsteryn0.gif vs kabimaru. yeaaa......noooo

Edited by OblivionXP, 15 August 2010 - 01:29 AM.

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (OblivionXP @ Aug 14 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This cover is just yelling naruto vs sasuke. or kruemelmonsteryn0.gif vs kabimaru. yeaaa......noooo

sad.gif It's awesome though.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 15 August 2010 - 02:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users