• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#41 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 14 March 2009 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 13 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, wow; that came out of left-field. And, wow, again. Got to love a chapter that makes you say "woah, that was so cool" at the end... keep it coming Kishi, your karma is on the rise again.

Kishimoto even with all the blunders he's made (especially last year) he's always been one of the most unpredictable storytellers in manga today. This current arc is a prime example.

uc.png

#42 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

Alright, now that I've had a day to calm down, I've thought of some troubling issues that could come up. They probably won't, but it would be nice if they did.

Minato says straight up that he designed the seal to bring him there if the 8th tail was ever reached. In the past, it was said that he wanted Naruto to have the Fox's chakra for a specific reason that we don't know yet.

Now, here's the thing. Seals have been shown to be very complicated, with a lot of research and knowledge going into even the most basic one. If he set up the Fox seal to summon him there at that exact moment, that means he had to have done a great deal of work on that seal before the Fox attacked.

There is simply no way he came up with that seal in battle with the Nine-Tails. It's beyond the scope of the Narutoverse laws.

Meaning he had to spend time designing the seal to do exactly what he wanted it to. Which leads me to a pretty horrid theory.

Minato may have intended for Naruto to become the Human Sacrifice for the Nine-Tails long before it ever attacked.

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 14 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, now that I've had a day to calm down, I've thought of some troubling issues that could come up. They probably won't, but it would be nice if they did.

Minato says straight up that he designed the seal to bring him there if the 8th tail was ever reached. In the past, it was said that he wanted Naruto to have the Fox's chakra for a specific reason that we don't know yet.

Now, here's the thing. Seals have been shown to be very complicated, with a lot of research and knowledge going into even the most basic one. If he set up the Fox seal to summon him there at that exact moment, that means he had to have done a great deal of work on that seal before the Fox attacked.

There is simply no way he came up with that seal in battle with the Nine-Tails. It's beyond the scope of the Narutoverse laws.

Meaning he had to spend time designing the seal to do exactly what he wanted it to. Which leads me to a pretty horrid theory.

Minato may have intended for Naruto to become the Human Sacrifice for the Nine-Tails long before it ever attacked.

Well there will be an explanation about the reason why he chose to seal Kyuubi inside Naruto around next week. Hopefully it makes sense and pretty unpredictable.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#44 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

Well, you could also assume that the Kyuubi didn't suddenly appear that time ( although given it seems more and more like Madara's summons, not sure about that ), and so he had some time to prepare as it rampaged across to Konoha. But yes, I remember something a long time back was said that made me think there was some bigger plot behind that sealing. That would lead to the rather odd conclusion that the 4th was behind the Kyuubi attack, though... actually that idea tickles me a little, although it'd utterly kill Naruto at this point.

#45 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

Well, if I remember correctly, Yondaime suspected that Madara was behind the Kyuubi attacks. That means he had information and time in which to prepare a counter. I think he chose Naruto because he couldn't ask anyone else to sacrifice their own child - plus Naruto was born at the "right" time so his chakra coils could adapt to the Kyuubi's chakra.

I'm getting a little teary-eyed, just thinking about Minato and Naruto's talk! It's really going to take all of my willpower to resist looking at the next chapter spoilers. I'd really like it if Minato and Naruto could find a little time to chat and get to know each other, as well as discussing the current situation. It'd be cool if Minato could mention Naruto's personality is just like Kushina's!

I can't wait to see how this reunion will inspire Naruto to even greater heights. Will Naruto reveal his parentage to the others, or will he keep it a secret? I admit I would like it if he kept it a secret - or maybe told Sakura and made her swear not to tell.

#46 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Mar 14 2009, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if I remember correctly, Yondaime suspected that Madara was behind the Kyuubi attacks. That means he had information and time in which to prepare a counter. I think he chose Naruto because he couldn't ask anyone else to sacrifice their own child - plus Naruto was born at the "right" time so his chakra coils could adapt to the Kyuubi's chakra.

That's assuming that sealing the Nine-Tails into a person was the only option, though. I think he might have been able to get rid of the fox for good, but kept it around for, as Jiraiya put it, a very good reason. It's possible that he found out that Madara was behind the attack...but I think there's more to it than that. I don't think Madara is dangerous enough that Minato would give up his son's happiness. (Konoha defeated him once before, after all)

So...we'll have to find out about that, what happened to Kushina, and why Naruto's parents is such a secret topic. Soon enough, they will be mysteries no longer! After he learns everything, I bet Naruto will start to learn to control the fox's power, or at least allow it to aid him a little like he used to.

#47 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Gravity @ Mar 13 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the sealing jutsu came from the scroll of forbidden jutsu that Shodaime left behind (that one Naruto learned Kage Bunshin from.)
And in Kakashi gaiden he had that special kunai that could alert him when thrown, so maybe he just added something like that to the seal.

Well, you could also assume that the Kyuubi didn't suddenly appear that time (although given it seems more and more like Madara's summons, not sure about that)

I think you're right, it's looking that way more and more. And it would explain why Shodaime would put said sealing jutsu in the scroll.

On a little side note, am I the only one who thought of a striptease when Naruto ripped off his shirt like that... hahaha.

wub.gif Nope! narusaku.gif

Wild speculation --Click here to view--
Here's my theory! Madara kidnapped and killed Kushina at the same time he attacked Konoha with Kyuubi, but Minato was somehow able to save baby Naruto. Maybe sealing the fox was a way to save his (premature?) son & the village while providing a way for Kushina to be avenged.

Edited by Nee-sama, 14 March 2009 - 03:29 PM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#48 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Fourth 'I am your father Luuuk...Naruto'

I will admit I was ready to strangle someone after the first few pages, as cool as Pein's attack was, it was not that great that it needed 9 pages with hardly any words. Gotta say the 8 Tails looked cool, you could see the spine and all those muscles was just awesome.

But the ending, was something else, I told my mate who refuses to read the Manga because 'it will spoil the Anime for me' what happened and he thought I was lieing, it was that far fetched for him to believe the 4th would actually mate an appereance.

Ahhh this whole weeks Manga was a teaser for next week, like when Naruto returned to Konoha, only much much more teasing, it's going to be painful waiting a week for the manga.

iAnby7W.gif

#49 Xyanide

Xyanide

The Poison in your system

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Snowboarding, Graphics Design, Naruto, Bleach, fun stuff :D

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Oh my......
I was so busy playing Star Ocean I had almost forgot that a new chapter was out..
Glad I checked back in o_O

I wonder if Minato is going to find out how Naruto was actually treated by everyone, and how he is going to get Naruto out of his Kyuubi form.

#50 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Mar 14 2009, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you're right, it's looking that way more and more. And it would explain why Shodaime would put said sealing jutsu in the scroll.

Or the fourth had time to add it himself. Come to think of it wasn't there a copy of it with the key toad? must have had some free time to make these copies ( and the one on Naruto too ), unless Jiriya or the toads did it.

I'm a little amused Minato has cheated the Shinigami, if he's managed to summon himself into Naruto's head, I'm sure that's gonna go down well tongue.gif also amused that he seems to have found the immortality Orochimaru was after. Wonder if he can summon other people? Orochimaru could, after all. Poor Naruto's head could end up like a party line at this rate.

#51 Youklvr

Youklvr

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in reading, writing, playing video games, and hanging out with friends. I am also interested in movies. Erm... I don't know what else. I guess I also like attempting to swim...

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

Umm... The thing that I'm concerned about is Naruto's well being. I mean all of this strain cannot be good for his body. While he's like this his cells are constantly rebuilding themselves and like Tsunade's jutsu that allows her speedy healing, it more than likely will shorten his lifespan drastically.
Necrophilia is so wrong! Unless... the body is still fresh!

My FF.net page

#52 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Youklvr @ Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm... The thing that I'm concerned about is Naruto's well being. I mean all of this strain cannot be good for his body. While he's like this his cells are constantly rebuilding themselves and like Tsunade's jutsu that allows her speedy healing, it more than likely will shorten his lifespan drastically.

Sasuke's eyes probably aren't doing his health much good either, and Sakura will probably end up with Tsunade's jutsu too; but hey they're ninja, they're not going to die in bed old & grey.

Someone point me to where the effect on his lifetime is explained please? ( and Tsunade's thing too come to think of it ), really can't remember even roughly where that stuff is brought up.

#53 Youklvr

Youklvr

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in reading, writing, playing video games, and hanging out with friends. I am also interested in movies. Erm... I don't know what else. I guess I also like attempting to swim...

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 15 2009, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke's eyes probably aren't doing his health much good either, and Sakura will probably end up with Tsunade's jutsu too; but hey they're ninja, they're not going to die in bed old & grey.

Someone point me to where the effect on his lifetime is explained please? ( and Tsunade's thing too come to think of it ), really can't remember even roughly where that stuff is brought up.

Haha. You're right. I don't really remember where the explanations were.
Necrophilia is so wrong! Unless... the body is still fresh!

My FF.net page

#54 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Cali @ Mar 16 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The tsunade stuff is explained during ehr fight with Orochimaru during the tsunade retrieval arc. Shizune explains that one cna only regenerate new cells so many times before the body breaks down. explaiend when she releases her creation rebirth technique the first time.

For Naruto it is explained during the 4 tails incedent. Yamato flashes back to Jiraiya explaining to him and kakashi and tsunade about the 4 tailed form and how it constantly harms and heals him. the cycle of regeneration and damage is what ultimatley will kill him.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#55 Cali

Cali

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Great, thanks smile.gif

#56 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hehe, I'm sorry I keep doing this but you guys should really check this out for a good laugh! Make sure to read all 3 parts~
by Gabzillaz

And this one, not so funny but very very touching and quite possible~
by ~Feiuccia

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#57 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Orenji @ Mar 13 2009, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AHH! OHMYGOD I hate it when he ends a chapter like that!

This chapter was AMAZING. I saw the spoilers, but I still didn't really expect that! 8 tails, holy wow.

On a little side note, am I the only one who thought of a striptease when Naruto ripped off his shirt like that... hahaha. And no one cares about Hinata now haha, its nice.

I'm counting the days for the next chapter!

Haha Most definitely not! wow.png I actually stopped and was like 'Naruto's got a nice body' drooling.gif lulz
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#58 SageNaru

SageNaru

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime/Manga and Vidya

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Mar 17 2009, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hehe, I'm sorry I keep doing this but you guys should really check this out for a good laugh! Make sure to read all 3 parts~
by Gabzillaz

And this one, not so funny but very very touching and quite possible~
by ~Feiuccia

First one is really funny. :rofl:

The second one is pretty touching. made me tear up a little bit..just a little bit. shamefulcry0js.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users