It's so colllddd D:

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#41 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 19 2009, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha it finally snowed here!! Yessssssssssssssssss! First real snowfall of the year!

I guess its moving down from New Jersey to over here in Maryland.

White flurries winter wonderland.

Enjoy the snow... though I'm STILL getting some and I just shovelled the driveway. sleep.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#42 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

Here is the reason it's so cold despite 'Global Warming'

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 23 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So now we have "Global Cooling"? Guess global warming is out of the picture. Now we have to worry about the next Ice Age tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#44 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

People don't seem to realize that the planet gets hotter and colder on a routine basis. As we saw earlier in this thread while half the country is experiencing these record lows the other side is enjoying record highs.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#45 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

And here I thought buying a heavy coat when temperatures haven't been below 65 F to be stupid. Looks like I'll be getting some use of it after all XD

But dang... global cooling? Instead of worrying about frying our butts off from the heat and having fishes and coral reefs go extinct, we're going to be freezing our butts off instead! arg.gif

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#46 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jan 23 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People don't seem to realize that the planet gets hotter and colder on a routine basis. As we saw earlier in this thread while half the country is experiencing these record lows the other side is enjoying record highs.

That's my understanding. In the 1970's the rage was global xooling, then it became global warming, and it appeas there may be global cooling again. My understanding of the evidence is that the biggest factor (by far) on the planet's temperature is what Shauna's article said: Solar activity.

#47 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

well in Sydney, Australia the weather span from 25-30 degrees Celcius (Supposedly) but lately it goes more than 30, maybe even 40

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#48 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Jan 23 2009, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well in Sydney, Australia the weather span from 25-30 degrees Celcius (Supposedly) but lately it goes more than 30, maybe even 40

That's pretty warm! Hope you have AC!

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#49 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Onionhead Attacks @ Jan 24 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's pretty warm! Hope you have AC!

unfortunately, no. well, I'll survive. good thing most of the busses have Air Conditioner installed, otherwise I gonna be a BBQed person after a week, that is if I don't get skin cancer first

Edited by BlackLightning, 28 January 2009 - 07:58 AM.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

ARGHHHH!!!! rawr.gif

I cannot STAND this!!! arg.gif More snow hit the US! Majority of schools are closed in the Tri-State area, including mine and my brother's (even though we're getting sleet later on during the day) but still, as a winter baby, I HATE the snow! DDDDDXXX

latest?cb=20140126021943

#51 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 28 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARGHHHH!!!! rawr.gif

I cannot STAND this!!! arg.gif More snow hit the US! Majority of schools are closed in the Tri-State area, including mine and my brother's (even though we're getting sleet later on during the day) but still, as a winter baby, I HATE the snow! DDDDDXXX

As a transplanted Jamaican living in Florida, I love seeing snow as you can imagine we dun see much at all of the white stuff down our way tongue.gif

I just can't stand the cold that comes with that pretty white snow D8

#52 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Dude, I live in Missouri and we got out yesterday and today because of ice and snow.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#53 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

I shouldn't really be complaining, seeing that I live in Canada and all, what do we expect? Snow and the cold.

But no one, no one expected the public transit to go on strike for TWO MONTHS. I don't drive and I currently live in the middle of nowhere, a 20 minute walk to the nearest bus stop, an hour ride to school, and god knows how long of a walk to whever I want to go. I'm just hating the cold right now, i can't get anyway right now without a risk of killing myself out there in the snow, slush... whatever Canada gets.

#54 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Except for our Australian members, who are already experiencing their summer heat (YonderBeyonder was melting in 118 degree weather yesterday wow.gif ) I get the feeling that the rest of us can't wish for *our* summer to roll around quickly enough tongue.gif

#55 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 28 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ARGHHHH!!!! rawr.gif

Damn you must have it realllll bad if your campus closed. My campus just had a delay and opened at 10 am. I had to scrape 2 inches of ice off my car in order to drive. My neighborhoods roads are still icy!

Unfortunately I can't complain since I love snow. Something about a white winter wonderland that's so majestic wow.png

*Right now is in warm lecture hall*

#56 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 28 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damn you must have it realllll bad if your campus closed. My campus just had a delay and opened at 10 am. I had to scrape 2 inches of ice off my car in order to drive. My neighborhoods roads are still icy!

Unfortunately I can't complain since I love snow. Something about a white winter wonderland that's so majestic wow.png

*Right now is in warm lecture hall*

It's suppose to be sleet and freezing rain around here. But due to amount of fear people have over here (when the weather reports over said "Snow is coming", ALL hell break loose in the NY-NJ-CT area!) and plus dozen of accidents thanks to ice, we bound to have school closings.

Luckily I'd done my homework that was due today.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#57 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

<.< It's tolerable winter weather now... no longer that weird 80 something degree weather we had for a while. Just some occasional rain and lots of cold air >.<

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#58 Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-Arashi

Kitsune-God

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Movies, Anime, Martial Arts,Games, and hanging out with my friends

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:23 AM

makes me sad i had to shovel a foot of snow today and we have more coming. on the plus side its above 0 degrees here compared to what we have been getting.
"I got lost on the road of life"
-Hatake Kakashi

Image by YumeChan23 (http://yumechan23.deviantart.com/)

#59 Captain Cahoot

Captain Cahoot

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

So it's like so very cold in some places, and so darn hot in other parts of the world? I symphatized you guys who are having hard times with the snow and blizzard. I live near the equator. Feels like crispy chicken wings everyday. *turns on the fan and AC in full power mode*

#60 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (Captain Cahoot @ Jan 29 2009, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it's like so very cold in some places, and so darn hot in other parts of the world? I symphatized you guys who are having hard times with the snow and blizzard. I live near the equator. Feels like crispy chicken wings everyday. *turns on the fan and AC in full power mode*

IT WAS 140 DEGREES DURING ONE OF THE RODkitten GAME DDDD:

wat. D3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users