Book finds that women are better than men

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Only because there is a similar thread like this floating about, I decided to post this story in a thread of it's own happy.gif

Women rule! wow.png

#2 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

Heh, that'll show 'em not to mess with us.

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 05 March 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#3 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

Ha! Not surprising in the least. Were the ass-kicking awesomeness of the world! And on PSN they told me I'm bad luck because I'm a girl — yeah, now they gotta watch there backs in Black Ops >:D

#4 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Shine: What finding surprised you the most?
D.A.: I was most surprised at how conclusive the evidence was for the fact that women tolerate pain better. They endure more pain throughout their lives, in more bodily areas and with greater frequency, according to researchers at the University of Bath. According to the medical journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, women have an average of 34 more nerve fibers per square centimeter of facial skin, while men have an average of 17. New research is suggesting the fact that women tend to endure pain more makes them more immune to it. It’s the old aphorism, “That which doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.”

Oh heck yes. Someone finally reconizes.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#5 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

I just read Mein Kampf. Does that means it's true, that Germans like me are better? Maybe, maybe not. A book can claim anything in the world and those who want to believe it to be true will easily stand behind it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be going to my daily session of finding references to Communism and Marxism in the Care Bears' Movies.

#6 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Not surprising. *shrugs* The biology of most female mammals is pretty similar.
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (KonaKonaFan @ Mar 5 2011, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh heck yes. Someone finally reconizes.

It's been known for quite some time women have much higher pain thresholds and endurance, and psychological stability than men. That was discovered back during the Mercury 13 testing. The women who tested to become astronauts exceeded the men in every category for suitability for space flight- but dramatically so in those categories. The extreme sexism in American culture that existed even in the mid 1960's denied them the chance to become astronauts, and caused the test results to be hidden until the later 1970's, when NASA finally opened the doors to women astronauts.

The much higher pain threshold and endurance should have been obvious- severe menstrual cramping that some women endured before ibuprofen was created and even up to the point it was commonly available. I'm one of those women- in my 20's I frequently had cramps so horrendous on my first day of my period that it felt like my uterus wanted to explode, this went on in waves for 8-12 hours, pain levels equal to natural childbirth. Natural childbirth is another obvious reason why women's pain thresholds and endurance are significantly higher than men's. A newborn averages 20 inches long with a circumference of 14 inches- this comes through a passage that is normally around 4 inches long with a circumference of 1 inch- for non virgins they can stretch without pain to about 9 inches long by 3 inches wide.

It's also been known for many decades that while women have a higher percentage of neurotic disorders than men (especially depression), males outnumber women with psychotic disorders. Most neurotic individuals can function fairly normally- even without medication. Most individuals with psychotic disorders cannot function normally without medication, and sometime cannot even with medication.

Male fetuses are far weaker than female fetuses. Male fetuses are far more likely to die in utero. At conception the ratio is around 150 male embryo to 100 female, by childbirth (if not in a country like India or China where many illegal gender based abortions take place) that ratio is down to 110 male babies to 100 females. Male newborns more likely to die in their first year than female newborns (if not in a country that practices illegal female infanticide like China, India, and some other countries) in western Europe, North America, and Japan by the first birthday the ratio has dropped to 105 males to 100 females, this continues through early childhood, by around age 5 it is gender even. Even with near gender equality in the workplace, women still outlive men by the same number of years as they did in the 1940's all over the "first world" and "second world". (Once childbirth is made fairly sanitary women's early deaths plummet, and they began outliving men in large numbers)

It's also been known for some years women recover from brain trauma and damage better than men do, our two brain hemispheres duplicate functions more throughly than men's do and the connection between them is stronger in women. This may also be why girls around the world reach speech milestones faster than boys.

It's been known for years women's sense of smell and taste is significantly more sensitive than men's, women are much touch and sound sensitive as well. Men only have an edge in visual-spatial skills, but women have better peripheral vision. Color blindness is much higher in males as well.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

This was meant to be a fun thread, now we have a long post about sexism. Thanks.

#9 Kyuudaime

Kyuudaime

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts
  • Interests:Working out, manga, video games, scuba diving

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

I know something men can do better than women, no doubt about it.

#10 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

I think posting these types of threads are terrible ideas or at least worded wrong the past two of, Study finds men are more romantic, book finds women are better then men.

Edited by Insurrection, 05 March 2011 - 09:49 PM.

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 5 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think posting these types of threads are terrible ideas or at least worded wrong the past two of, Study finds men are more romantic, book finds women are better then men.

I stopped attempting to halt these threads long ago. Best to let them go their course of heated arguments, then inevitable moderator closing.

#12 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 5 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference with this one is Abrams book is a compilation of many years of real scientific studies written in lay language, not a unscientific poll by a pop culture outlet. Dan Abrams doesn't claim his book is feminist, but Abrams has a recent history- since around 2007 publicly- of being aware of and speaking out on the stupidity of the continuation of sexist beliefs and practices toward women in our culture in the light of reality. In a nutshell Abrams is saying sexism is the depth of stupidity.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#13 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

#14 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 5 2011, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This was meant to be a fun thread, now we have a long post about sexism. Thanks.

Enlightenment is fun. That's what Dan Abrams is saying too.

#15 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 5 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or it's just annoying and ill-conceived beyond belief. This is 2011, not 1911; you don't need to stoop to making up hilariously misguided and biased books to forward an agenda. Try and accomplish something, or point to actual accomplishments that aren't intentionally manufactured. How's about the women of history? Joan de Arc, Sacagawea, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Maria Theresa of Austria, Elizabeth I, Queen Victoria? You know, women who have actually accomplished something with their lives not for the sake of feminism but simply for other people (monarchy, exploration, freedom)?

#16 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Mar 5 2011, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Big difference. Men are more romantic than women is showing an opinionated strength towards one gender in one category. This thread is saying women are almost better in every aspect. Completely different ends of the spectrum.

#17 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Mar 5 2011, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big difference. Men are more romantic than women is showing an opinionated strength towards one gender in one category. This thread is saying women are almost better in every aspect. Completely different ends of the spectrum.

Not to mention the topic itself is saying that women are better at everything on a generalized, broad spectrum by natural gender and eugenics. Bias -- Horrid When Men Use It, But Fantastic When Women Use It.

Edited by Kamina-Yoshi, 05 March 2011 - 11:08 PM.

#18 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 5 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really don't need to be enlightened further. I grew up around 95% women. I have two sisters, 4 aunts on either side of my family, 2 female cousins. Yeah, I need to be told about women's rights.

#19 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Mar 5 2011, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't need to be enlightened further. I grew up around 95% women. I have two sisters, 4 aunts on either side of my family, 2 female cousins. Yeah, I need to be told about women's rights.

The last home-stretch for Cloud to Enlightenment is to be turned into a women himself. QUICK, GET THE CHLOROFORM AND GET THE GENDER-CHANGE MACHINE READY!

#20 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Mar 5 2011, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not to mention the topic itself is saying that women are better at everything on a generalized, broad spectrum by natural gender and eugenics. Bias -- Horrid When Men Use It, But Fantastic When Women Use It.

It does seem to work out that way quite a bit.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 05 March 2011 - 11:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users