261 replies to this topic

#41 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:10 AM

Some estimates say oil would keep flowing into December and it might carry up to the Atlantic coast, how impossible or crazy would it be if it kept going. Obama decided to play behind the scenes, guess what that doesn't work. This is a PR and environmental cluster#%! They are actually debating the Nuke thing, really.

I hope they prosecute, I hope BP's stock keeps free falling how can you have 97 safety violation and Exxon have 1 the number should be 0. Everyone screwed up and is just making it worse.

For God's sake, the BP CEO on the most watched morning show in the country said, "I want my life back"....NO! You get your life back when everything is restored, oh wait you can't restore it all? Guess what, No Life for You! This is your life now!

@Uzumakikage
Is colonization a fair form of compensation?

#42 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 4 2010, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Uzumakikage
Is colonization a fair form of compensation?

I don't get where your going at? I just said BP is a British oil company and i had nothing against the Brits except the CEO of course. It makes us look weak when wer'e relying on BP to get the job down.

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 4 2010, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What really makes me mad is a British oil company is in charge of everything happening off our coast. I have nothing against the Brits by the way just mad at BP.

I hate to break it you, but you should know that Mexico, China, Vietnam, Brazil all have wells out in the Gulf.

Some estimates say oil would keep flowing into December and it might carry up to the Atlantic coast, how impossible or crazy would it be if it kept going. Obama decided to play behind the scenes, guess what that doesn't work. This is a PR and environmental cluster#%! They are actually debating the Nuke thing, really.

I hope they prosecute, I hope BP's stock keeps free falling how can you have 97 safety violation and Exxon have 1 the number should be 0. Everyone screwed up and is just making it worse.

What exactly has Obama done "behind the scenes?" The noise his administration is making about civil and criminal penalties is an attempt to give the appearance of doing something. If BP is prosecuted or sued into oblivion, that still doesn't clean up the mess or stop the current flow, which is the main priority at the moment. I suspect them bringing it up before the leak has been plugged is simply to focus the attention on BP and away from their own percieved incompetence. They want show that they are "doing something" even if that something doesn't do a thing to solve the current crisis.

I'm not saying BP shouldn't be sued or prosecuted, but that's not the immediate concern, but nothing about this solves the immediate problem.

#44 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

We have 20,000 Coast Guardies and 1500 boats out working in the Gulf, but that doesn't really count as "behind the scenes". They just aren't posing for cameras often enough (like the contractors brought in for the photo op behind Obama's speech or like Jindal & Crist).

I'm not sure what else the feds could be doing besides letting the berms go up faster. Sure, it won't block the oil entirely and give you thousands of tons of toxic sand which you'll have to figure out how to dump later (or just ignore on Louisiana's coast) and it could close off the circulation to the wetlands turning them anaerobic, but hey, that's what Louisiana wants. BP might be able to get out of paying if they're willing to take the bad press by arguing that the berms aren't related to oil clean-up. For the moment, they're playing nice and it'd go to court anyway, but that could last over 20 years like Exxon Valdez did. And hey, if they don't, that's what the federal government is for - picking up the tab (according to Jindal and Vitter).

#45 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

They moved too slow, even if the well were stopped the oil and toxins in the gulf have stuck under the ocean, the economy is destroyed. The Valdeez destroyed the industry up north and everyone forgot about that part except the fishermen who can no longer fish.

@Uzu BS you made a joke. I countered now you changed it on the thread and are acting like you have no idea what I'm talking about I call BS. Yes it makes us look weak, but tell that to the Banking industry.

Edited by Insurrection, 04 June 2010 - 08:37 PM.

#46 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 4 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Uzu BS you made a joke. I countered now you changed it on the thread and are acting like you have no idea what I'm talking about I call BS. Yes it makes us look weak, but tell that to the Banking industry.

Do Whaaattt!! huh.gif Since when did I make a joke? huh.gif No I didn't change it.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 04 June 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#47 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

mad.gif The page changed the post time when you edited it. It originally stated, "Just another thing I hate about the Brits!"

Edited by Insurrection, 04 June 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#48 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 4 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mad.gif The page changed the post time when you edited it. It originally stated, "Just another thing I hate about the Brits!"

My spelling sucks and sometimes I catch it! biggrin.gif

#49 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

Uh huh, suuuure hm.png I still don't like that.

Edited by Insurrection, 04 June 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#50 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 4 2010, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh huh, suuuure hm.png I still don't like that.

It's true! a_thumbs.gif

#51 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 4 2010, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's true! a_thumbs.gif

I'm making sure I quote the next time this happens. Sick of people twisting my words and fooling me. Still not cool.

Neither is the Gulf, tar balls in Florida oh and I made an error, it wasn't 97 it was 760 safety violations over a three year period.

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Jun 4 2010, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have 20,000 Coast Guardies and 1500 boats out working in the Gulf, but that doesn't really count as "behind the scenes". They just aren't posing for cameras often enough (like the contractors brought in for the photo op behind Obama's speech or like Jindal & Crist).

I'm not sure what else the feds could be doing besides letting the berms go up faster. Sure, it won't block the oil entirely and give you thousands of tons of toxic sand which you'll have to figure out how to dump later (or just ignore on Louisiana's coast) and it could close off the circulation to the wetlands turning them anaerobic, but hey, that's what Louisiana wants. BP might be able to get out of paying if they're willing to take the bad press by arguing that the berms aren't related to oil clean-up. For the moment, they're playing nice and it'd go to court anyway, but that could last over 20 years like Exxon Valdez did. And hey, if they don't, that's what the federal government is for - picking up the tab (according to Jindal and Vitter).

Maybe there should've been Navy funding into deep water submersibles and ROVs. The only thing they have is out of Woods Hole and it's the Submersible that first explored the Titanic in 1986. But they won't let the others in because BP didn't want the actual estimates of damage coming out. They even banned reports from taking shots of dead animals washing onto the beach. The government was too busy counting the money from BP to think of the consequences, this is wholesale failure not limited to one side.

46 days ago: Aren't there contingency plans for these sort of things? Nope.

And the big plan, let's cap the oil and then let it out of the cap through vents or else it'll burst because it won't go through the pipe to the surface. It looks like BP will probably be bought by a Chinese company. What else it take to say that Oil dependency is a threat to National Securty?

It is Hurricane season, would a black hurricane change minds then?

Here's another Ironic thing, saw a parish president interview on CNN, they're upset because half their economy was destroyed by the oil spill and are upset by the Offshore drilling ban reinstated because it's the other half the economy. So the thing destroying half your economy is the other half of your economy. It's official, Welcome to Madness!

Edited by Insurrection, 05 June 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#52 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

A mistake has been done, the most important thing is that Bp learns from its mistake, and doesn't do it again. If anyone ever said it is safe to drill offshore then that someone needs to have his or her head examined.

Also, Sarah Palin's drill baby drill.

But im not going to blame the government, i don't expect much from it, the spill was clearly accidental, sealing the leak seems to be a huge challenge, since Bp keeps failing in almost every single try.

Either that, or they really suck at sealing a leak.

I don't know what you guys think, but has anyone noticed that the world has exploded in the month of may. The Oil Spill, the Greek financial crisis that threatened to take down all of western civilization, the North Korean attack on a South Korean ship, putting the two nuclear powers in a brink of continuing their war. The Dow plunge of a 1000 points. I mean it seems like were in the verge of the collapse of our civilization.

And lol how could i forget that hurricane that opened a 300 foot hole in Guatemala.

Edited by Strangelove, 05 June 2010 - 08:52 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#53 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jun 5 2010, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Either that, or they really suck at sealing a leak

I don't know what you guys think, but has anyone noticed that the world has exploded in the month of may. The Oil Spill, the Greek financial crisis that threatened to take down all of western civilization, the North Korean attack on a South Korean ship, putting the two nuclear powers in a brink of continuing their war. The Dow plunge of a 1000 points. I mean it seems like were in the verge of the collapse of our civilization.

And lol how could i forget that hurricane that opened a 300 foot hole in Guatemala.

I thought I had a pun for that in another thread. But yeah that photo of a 300 ft sinkhole in the middle of a city was something else.

Yes, they actually really suck at sealing a leak.

Anyone else read watch or hear about the next person they brought in for help? James Cameron.

#54 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

JAMES CAMERON?! OMG, things seem to be bad there!!

#55 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 5 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I had a pun for that in another thread. But yeah that photo of a 300 ft sinkhole in the middle of a city was something else.

Yes, they actually really suck at sealing a leak.

Anyone else read watch or hear about the next person they brought in for help? James Cameron.

BP turned him down. He was unhappy.

#56 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:20 PM

Tch... poor animals/people/bugs/fishy-whales... this whole thing is just so upsetting, yes?

#57 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jun 6 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BP turned him down. He was unhappy.

They've turned down everybody, they're trying to save their hides and it isn't even working. The cap actually releases more oil then it contains.

I saw his entire comments, he actually had a point. You know besides the whole "These Morons don't know what they're doing" soundbyte.

QUOTE (ShippudenGirl @ Jun 6 2010, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tch... poor animals/people/bugs/fishy-whales... this whole thing is just so upsetting, yes?

Okay, Shippu you nearly lost me with the scoff, but yes it's upsetting, we might never have shrimp again. wasntme.png I love shrimp though. Well not never but the price will skyrocket.

#58 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:26 PM

TT^TT And I love Sushi/Sashimi... Oh, this is horrible..

#59 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jun 6 2010, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They've turned down everybody, they're trying to save their hides and it isn't even working. The cap actually releases more oil then it contains.

Well its the fact that the oil is coming out the vents and cap with the pipe completely cut open instead of pinched over half way like before.

#60 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Jun 7 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well its the fact that the oil is coming out the vents and cap with the pipe completely cut open instead of pinched over half way like before.

Oh No! :O This isn't going to get any better...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users