• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

I've this question pondering in mind for while so I figure why not post it to receive some answers. Why did those of you convert from SasuSaku and/or NaruHina to NakuSaku? Why and how? What has convince to become apart of NaruSaku? Do you regret your decision as of now or before your conversion?
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#2 taker5400

taker5400

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:manga/anime<br />electric guitar<br />metallica<br />finding flaws in the world<br />drawing manga/anime

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

ok i was always a narusaku fan so i think that most people crossed over either a little while after the sasuke retrieval arc or at the beginning of part 2 when they started to realize sasusaku wasn't happening and niether was naruhina.

#3 Destiny

Destiny

Queen of the hard hitters!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Well I was originally a Naruto and Sakura fan, but then I began to watch the anime, and I started liking Sasuke and Sakura more and more just because it was more prevalent.

Later I was just thinking about things and how their situations actually applied to me, and my own situations and I don't know, it just kinda hit me that if i were to have someone come into my life like that then I would hope that i would be able to turn around and love him back. So that's how I became a Naru/Saku fan happy.gif()

Love is everything.

#4 axie

axie

all hail axie-chan D:<

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

Once a very long time ago I was a SasuSaku... (is ashamed) :shamefulcry0js:

Because I thought, hey, Sakura can bring Sasuke out of the dark... she can heal him! She'll bring out the soft side of Sasuke that we all want to see.

I was terribly... terribly wrong. When I saw episode 109 realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I finally understood what Sasuke is.

He lost everything at a young age, and that shattered his world. Once that happened a cold sheet of ice consealed his heart and he blocked everyone else out. Why did Sasuke reject Naruto's brotherhood and Sakura's love? Sakura and Naruto managed to melt the ice in him... but why would he turn away? Because under that cold sheet of ice is nothing... emptiness.

My eyes opened up to the fact that there is no hope for Sasuke, he is unable to love. Sasuke has no wish to keep the bonds he created.

How is Sakura supposed to heal someone with nothing to heal? And how the hell would she heal him if she has no idea what he went though psycotically. She has her own image of him.

..After I realized that SasuSaku was not going to happen, and it has no chance whatsoever at all. I stated to pay more attention to Naruto and Sakura and how they interact.

I was surprised, to say the least, that they are mirror images of themselves... They react the same, they have the same opinions... and most importantly they act like themselves around eachother. They're so comfortable with eachother, it's almost frighting. laugh.gif

Compare Sakura's behavior around Sasuke to Naruto. Sakura always says something to agree with Sasuke... but inner Sakura always has something to say otherwise. We don't see Inner Sakura speaking her mind around Naruto... unless she's angry with him XDD; Inner Sakura comes out when Naruto's around, because Sakura's not afraid to show her true self around him.

As compared to Sasuke, Sakura hides inner Sakura from him... because she's afraid of rejection. She knows Naruto would never reject her... she realizes in Part 2 that he's always been there for her, even if she wasn't the kindest person in the world to him in Part I, he would never hold it against her.

NaruSaku <3

#5 Keyes

Keyes

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:27 AM

I have to Say Mizura's Manifesto changed my mind. Everything she has there just makes so much sense. I even reread the Manga to see all she was talking about. I was NaruHina but NaruSaku all the way now. I wont look back either.

#6 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:21 AM

Oh dear...

Like Axie, I was at first a SasuSaku shipper. And for about the same reasons. Plus I'm completely convinced that I only liked that pairing because of all the pretty fanart. XD

Later, after I decided that wallowing in em0ness is boring and for the most part, uneeded, I became a NaruHina fan because Naruto is such an awesome character. Yosh! XD (At the time, I didn't even THINK about NaruSaku because the major fanbases didn't include it.)

Finally, I became a NaruSaku fan because I read the manga over in 2004. (I think it was during Golden week... It was around Kiba's fight with Sakkon and Ukon.) I missed so much stuff and realized that it had the most potential of actually working. Plus, I just like how both of the characters develop and grow. It's uplifting.

Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. a_dance.gif
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#7 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:17 AM

well, i must say i never really converted. i was a naruhina fan before... still am now.
i just grew more accepting of other pairings, such as narusaku and others.
i'm not totally crazy about any one pairing, i just like all of them. biggrin.gif
do i regret it? of course not! how else could i have met all of you people. a_hug.gif
yeah. but all in all there were some awesome fanfics that did convice me about some other pairings as well.

#8 Demonic_Wonder

Demonic_Wonder

Space-Pirate-Ninja Dohicky.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Interests:There's a difference between the things that I do and what interest me.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

I don't think I ever converted. I loved narusaku since episode 2 when Naruto wanted Sakura to sit with him. Then it became even stronger when I realized Sasuke did not want his heart healed, he did not want love. NaruHina is ok, but Im not a fan. a_dance.gif

#9 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:47 AM

I wasn't converted to the pairings. For the first time I start watching Naruto (dub version), I love the show because of the action and ninjas biggrin.gif . But then I started to like both characters Naruto and Sakura because they are main characters of the series... Naruto (star and underdog) and Sakura (cute and funny -Inner Sakura terms tongue.gif -) then after catching up by reading bios, spoilers (they don't affect me biggrin.gif ) and episodes, I started to read Part 2 manga when I found it. Then I realized that these two would be the perfect couple for each other, so I went back to to reading Part 1 manga and watch back the episodes (subs this time) and I start to support this couple. GO NaruSaku... 4EVER!!!! w00t.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#10 GoNeKr@zY

GoNeKr@zY

Now THAT is a Flame War!!!

• ANBU
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Video games,Books, Sci Fiction, etc<br />And Fanfiction........ Loads and loads of Fanfiction.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

Well..... I'm kinda like Mtr.....
I'm not really a NaruSaku..... I'm a Naruto/Any female not older than him by 6 years (heck... even though i don't like NaruHina i read them if they're written in a believable way....)

Though i must admit that even though its impossible for the pairing to actually happen.... NaruTema is my OTP. With NaruIno and NaruSaku tied in 2nd place tongue.gif

#11 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:04 PM

I liked NS from the begginnig... since chapter 3.
But now i support ANY Naruto/Female Pairing exept Hinata(i don't like her personality)
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#12 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

Very interest and I'm like some you. I was never interested in the romance until I read part 2 and saw smiter's debate of the pairing. I then re-read part 2 & 1 and saw the clear evidence. There you go that's how I became one of your NaruSaku buddies. Even the agruments against SS & Nh had stregth my believes of the couple.

NARUSAKU SHALL REIGN SUPERIOR!!!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#13 Keyes

Keyes

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:44 AM

I agree whole heartedly that NaruSaku will Prevail. IF it doesnt well *sobs in corner*

#14 Pepilia

Pepilia

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

I was nuetral all the way untill I read the entire manga. I never was interested with the romance because I only saw snippets of the Naruto fights. Then I took a year long break from Naruto and jumped on the bandwagon when there were rumors about how Sakura became all super powerful.

After that I visited NF and lurked for a while and found the NaruXSaku club, read a few essays and read the manga and I saw the light!
SasuSaku and Naruhina turned me off because they were the typical cliche pairings.

#15 E.Glez-L

E.Glez-L

はえ...

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, and the couple Naru/Saku.

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Saku-chan @ Jan 7 2007, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus I'm completely convinced that I only liked that pairing because of all the pretty fanart. XD

You must love the fanart! I swear, that's the only way I can ever see them being together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NaruSaku all the way, though I was SasuSaku in the beginning mainly only because it was the most popular :cough:andthefanart:cough: and I also thought Sakura could bring him out of his coldness but then I saw how he treated her. And then how Naruto treated her.

NaruSaku FTW!

And no, I never liked NaruHina. Or anyother pairing without Sakura in it, actually.

Yes, I am that big a fangirl.

#16 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:57 AM

I admit I was going for Naruhina at first but I never goes for sasusaku. I liked the pairing cause its like how most mangas going. however, I start to convert myself to Narusaku when I start to despise Hinata as I continue reading the manga and watching the anime because of her weak attitude and personality which doesn't goes well with the topic of the series and I realize that no female can goes along better with Naruto than Sakura. I start re-reading the manga and watch the anime and I like Narusaku as I saw lots of evidence of it to happen. Now, I'm totally a Narusaku fan and I don't think I'll ever gonna change or regret my decision.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#17 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:40 AM

Well I was always Narusaku. I was leaning towards Naruhina for a while but then I saw Naruto Vs Gaara. Ive been Narusaku ever since. smile.gif
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#18 Sharpiecat

Sharpiecat

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, durr =P<br />

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:11 PM

I used to like Sasusaku, yes, because I actually thought he liked her, for some odd reason. I don't know, I suppose I never considered Narusaku, and I always focused on interactions between Sasuke and Sakura to see some hints of SOMETHING. Because I was stupid, and I admit that... sweatdrop.gif

I never liked Naruhina, or Hinata for that matter. She annoys me, as does her fanbase, but whatever o.o

However, when I started watching the Japanese version, and I watched episode 109, I somehow felt neutral about it, like I couldn't convince myself that this was what Sasuke really was.

I guess I completely ignored that scene with Naruto and Sakura in the hospital, after Naruto fails to bring Sasuke back. I ignored almost every Narusaku moment XP I had to rewatch much of the series to even see them once. Where in the hell was I? o_O

Anyways, then I watched a Narusaku video on Youtube. The song was 'Sakura Drops' by Utada Hikaru, and it was...just...beautiful o.o

I also read some timeskip manga, and before you know it, I found the light happy.gif

#19 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:08 AM

I was a Sasu/Saku fan at first, but after watching episode 109 and all the others previous this....I started hating Sasuke and Sakura, but then I saw Naruto that he loved her and he was so sweet with her...besides she still had that dumb crush for Sasuke. I changed my mind and became a Naru/Saku biggrin.gif

Because this couple goes for real. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users