Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

worst cover ever

#22 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

@Heartsbattle

Although it wouldn't have been my first choice I also like the volume cover.

3 generations of the power of youth: Dai - Gai - Lee

Bolded - This is what I was trying to say! Thank you!

#23 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Interests:Drawing pretty much everything that defines "randomness".

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Ahah the first one with Madara is priceless!
Putting Dai there seems quite exagerated but oh well...

aw9vkj.gif

#24 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

I feel so embarrased now it is painfully obvious that Madara was photoshopped in, like how did I not see that? :pinch:

ナルサク

#25 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:04 PM

High quality without Madara

2dajbpt.jpg

aw9vkj.gif

#26 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

sorry but reddragon is right here... As I have already explained it in debate thread, this new volume 69 is longer than the other volumes. So this means that it will have one more chapter than usual volumes.

Example

NARUTO―ナルト―  67,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  68,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  69, 208ページ (208 pages)

You can see clearly the big difference ubove. The vol 69 has 16 page more than the previous volumes, so it has more chapters. But this doesn't change much, there's more gai than Narusaku/SasuKarin in this volume.

This is what I said before, if it had an extra chapter, then it would make sense. As the past few volumes have been 10 chapters each, having Dai at the cover wouldnt make sense unless he was actually in the volume. If its 11 chapters, then that is fine with the cover making sense.

Otherwise the whole more gai stuff in the volume, well it would only be like what 3 chapters? But other than that, the whole pairing stuff isn't the main priority of the series, it takes a backseat to the other stuff mainly the action and drama. But theres go getting around the fact this volume did have a key NS moment with the memories and sakura supporting naruto's dream.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#27 LadyGT

LadyGT

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

I was expecting something a little bit more related/concentrated on Naruto and Sasuke since Gai has centred chapters even in the next volume...this cover just foreshadows something in the following one, that's weird.

Edited by LadyGT, 22 April 2014 - 08:11 PM.

aw9vkj.gif

#28 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Yeah I'll say

Madara looks pretty pathetic in the background there :confused:

It seems he was added to the cover by a fan. It's all blurry =/

edit : a lol yes it is I just read the next posts lol sorry

About the cover, I'm very surprised... if Kishi wants to make this volume with 12 chapters, well it could work, but I really thought that this cover was going to be about Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura, and maybe Karin, or about Madara and his powers.

I think the drawing of Gai's height gate is really beautiful, the red color is magnificent though. Well maybe Kishi wanted to give some glory to Gai, I don't mind it at all. This cover is beautiful, but I'm concern about what Kishi thought because it could be possible that Gai will not even be releasing height gate in this volume lol.

And... I just DON'T kittening CARE about what NH fans are going to say. LOL. They are just grasping from air and making foolish theories around with Kaguya and Hinata... lol they are ridiculous.

A cover will never make a pairing canon.

I never expected that Kishi would make a cover with NaruSaku CPR.

I think I understand why Kishi did it like that. I think he didn't want to show Naruto and Sasuke down on a cover. He wants to show power on his covers, because covers are made to give to the readers the need to buy it. IMO.

Maybe he didn't want to spoil that Naruto and Sasuke were going to "die" and that's all.

Edited by Otaru, 22 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

sakurachansmallerbetter.jpg

#29 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

It seems he was added to the cover by a fan. It's all blurry =/

edit : a lol yes it is I just read the next posts lol sorry

About the cover, I'm very surprised... if Kishi wants to make this volume with 12 chapters, well it could work, but I really thought that this cover was going to be about Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura, and maybe Karin, or about Madara and his powers.

I think the drawing of Gai's height gate is really beautiful, the red color is magnificent though. Well maybe Kishi wanted to give some glory to Gai, I don't mind it at all. This cover is beautiful, but I'm concern about what Kishi thought because it could be possible that Gai will not even be releasing height gate in this volume lol.

And... I just DON'T kittening CARE about what NH fans are going to say. LOL. They are just grasping from air and making foolish theories around with Kaguya and Hinata... lol they are ridiculous.

A cover will never make a pairing canon.

I never expected that Kishi would make a cover with NaruSaku CPR.

I think I understand why Kishi did it like that. I think he didn't want to show Naruto and Sasuke down on a cover. He wants to show power on his covers, because covers are made to give to the readers the need to buy it. IMO.

Maybe he didn't want to spoil that Naruto and Sasuke were going to "die" and that's all.

Otaru, thats the point of the cover makes a pairing argument, it doesn't make a difference yet some fans think it does, because imagine if this cover did have say Sakura and Karin worrying over Naruto and Sasuke. Imagine the backlash that would have occurred, it would be a blowback effect of an argument right onto those fans. In some parallel universe, kishi did do this kind of cover and NH fans would be flipping out at it if it did. I mean by all accounts, most fans know Manga content > than what appears on any poster or cover, I mean this is the same reason people believed Hinata was related to Kushina a few times simply because she was placed near naruto pictures that had a lot of people, several times in the manga too. Yet that doesn't mean anything. But I'm saying is, even if we did get a cover we enjoyed, it would result in a similar fashion of 631 with fans saying the whole Sakura-Kushina thing is a joke, naruto is scared of her in 632 or was joking on purpose, etc. It would be the same deal as always from some fans, everything that even remotely happens with NH is outright canon but anything that comes for NS is just a joke or misinterpreted by all but those who hate NS. Thats apparently how this stuff works to some fans...

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#30 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Yeah they are just delusional and calling us delusional. lol

#31 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

This was really disappointing. I really just wanted Sakura on the cover, she is the main heroine Kishi gosh you give her no development but when you do you dont even put her on a cover. This one is just random, Lee who didnt do much and Dai who had like 9 pages maybe.

I bet Sakura was on the cover but Kishi was made to change because Sakura isnt liked a lot.

43iduct.jpg

#32 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

I cant say im happy with this cover I hope the next ones better than this one

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#33 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

I think a lot of people don't like this cover because it isn't what we were expecting.

But if you ignore the fact that Sakura isn't on it like we all wanted, it is a great cover on its own. Like reddragon helped me to say, it's three generations of the Power of Youth mantra. I will say, if Gai had actually died this cover might have had a bit more of an impact. But that's another beef I don't want to get into again. lol.

And we may still get a Sakura cover! I mean depending on how this chapter, 674, is answered in the next chapter we might have a really significant moment with her. So chin's up.

#34 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

I think a lot of people don't like this cover because it isn't what we were expecting.

But if you ignore the fact that Sakura isn't on it like we all wanted, it is a great cover on its own. Like reddragon helped me to say, it's three generations of the Power of Youth mantra. I will say, if Gai had actually died this cover might have had a bit more of an impact. But that's another beef I don't want to get into again. lol.

And we may still get a Sakura cover! I mean depending on how this chapter, 674, is answered in the next chapter we might have a really significant moment with her. So chin's up.

That is true, after going back and rereading this volume I can see how the cover fits. Plus I think we all got use to the 10 chapters per volume since volume 62 came out. So depending on what happens in the next 4-5 chapters can determine what'll happen in the cover, so let's see how important Sakura becomes in this volume. As of right now we are only 6 chapters in this volume now since Volume 69 ends with chapter 668.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#35 Otaru

Otaru

絶対 負けない

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,489 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:38 AM

Volume 70 cover isn't out yet ?

#36 NaruSakuNo1Fan

NaruSakuNo1Fan

Kanto's Champion

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Naruto (and, by definition, NaruSaku xD), SAO, Kaichou-Wa Maid Sama- USUI ILY, Pokémon, eating, sleeping, Watashi Ni xx Shinasai and a whole ton of other mangas :) I like sitting in bed on the internet, popping bubble wrap, making fart noises, and singing karaoke with my best friend. Basically, I just love being a pale, nerdy, lazy, permanently sleepy, grumpy otaku. :P

Favorite weird ship?

Mavis x Laxus. Duh.

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

Ahah the first one with Madara is priceless!
Putting Dai there seems quite exagerated but oh well...

where is your sig from?

a3ly5_zpsac167236.gif

Anji-chan loves NaruSaku <3   :w00t: 

Sharingan is red

Rasengan is blue
If you won't be my valentine I’ll Chidori you~

#37 Aegis

Aegis

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:44 AM

For the record, when this volume came out, it was the worst selling Naruto volumes in years and might have made Kishi and his editors reconsider the pairings implied in the volume.

Although sales had already started to decline and the following volume did even worse, proving the pairings were not really the problem here, decisions could have been made in a hurry...

After all the most likely reason Jiraya is the only character who has been denied the right to come back is because his solo volume (against Nagato) tanked compared to what came just before (Sasuke vs Itachi) and after (Pain onslaught against Konoha), so he has been "punished" and Tsunade who considered getting together with him went all over Dan again.

My point is : Sales matter.

#38 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:00 AM

For the record, when this volume came out, it was the worst selling Naruto volumes in years and might have made Kishi and his editors reconsider the pairings implied in the volume.

Although sales had already started to decline and the following volume did even worse, proving the pairings were not really the problem here, decisions could have been made in a hurry...

After all the most likely reason Jiraya is the only character who has been denied the right to come back is because his solo volume (against Nagato) tanked compared to what came just before (Sasuke vs Itachi) and after (Pain onslaught against Konoha), so he has been "punished" and Tsunade who considered getting together with him went all over Dan again.

What? You're saying that the likely reason Jiraiya hasn't come back and that he didn't get with Tsunade was because of sales? How about maybe his purpose in the story was over. His last scene with Tsunade there was an obvious death flag and he wasn't suddenly going to get Tsunade if the volume sales made 100k more than the last one. Kishi will not sacrifice his intended plot because of sales. Naruto is already a success and unless it starts to dip under 500k we won't see that much of a drastic change in the story.

#39 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:45 PM

where is your sig from?

She made it herself :P

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#40 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:21 PM

It doesn't have anything with pairings or what.... It's because the cover of that volume has Gai... And in japan nobody does care about Maito Gai.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users