30 replies to this topic

#21 luans7

luans7

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 06:41 AM

They don't have budget to do anything new for financial gains. Despite all the claims that Boruto anime earns well, the fact that for THE 20th year milestone they can only produce a 10 minutes video clip without new content tells a lot about the actual financial situation with this franchise. lol.

New movie? Nope.
New game? Nope.
New spinoff or storyline? Nope.
New merchandise? Nope.

Naruto franchise's audience is 10-20 years older now. They'd lead a different life today. I suppose they should be in the age group where their disposable income is amongst the highest. So, why not go all out and entice the old loyal fans to spend $$$ on the franchise?

Who are their target audience with the clip? If it's to get new audience, why doing recap? If Sakura was hated so much and unpopular, why put her in the celebration clip? If Hinata is so popular and NH is very big, why there's no Hinata / NH?

Other franchise like DragonBall celebrated its 20th anniversary by broadcasting DragonBall Kai, a re-edited and remastered version of the Dragon Ball Z anime. The episodes were remastered for HDTV, with rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast, and featuring updated opening and ending sequences. In other words: a mega project for its fans. They were confident that loyal fans will spend their $$$ on the DragonBall franchise. They did. Hence till date you'd still see new games, New content are being produced. Whether you agree or disagree, DragonBall producers did well financially.

Stark contrast with Naruto franchise. They cut ties with segment of the fans that give them the most financial support (NS fans), tried to please the smallest dog that barks the loudest (NH fans), disregard all the 15 years of Manga storyline just so that a below average series Boruto can be born.

If there's anything, Naruto franchise is THE prime example of what NOT to do to grow your franchise.

Sasuke retsuden's  manga will arrive  this year.

They are betting  on Sasusaku now 

Edited by luans7, 08 October 2022 - 06:42 AM.

#22 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 06:42 AM

There are factions in SP. The loudest is the Hinata fanbase, but that doesn't mean everyone is in it. This could have been made by someone not in the faction. Or, they have been required to work of Boruto filler for years now, putting more work in than the actual mangaka...which to be fair isn't that hard to do with Ikemoto. Would not surprise me if some have grown to hate Hinata for putting them in this situation.

Honestly I was expecting them to try including every scene Hinata ever had in this to try to build up the "Love of nH."

Instead it focuses on Naruto and Sasuke relationship with Sakura and Kakashi constant appearance as well as team 10. Team Gai and 8 barely or don't appear at all...I think Kiba was shown for his fight with Naruto and that is it. hell Boruto isn't even shown since the video ends with the Final Fight and the blood-bond arm thing.

Its funny that the video shows you can remove Hinata from the story entirely and it really doesn't affect the story at all. Didn't expect that to happen from the anime studio. 
From things I have heard, that I will call hearsay, Naruto-Boruto earning, up to even 85%, come from international sales which include distribution rights. In Japan, Boruto is an equivalent to a Saturday morning cartoon kids watch because its on in Japan. Some kids buy merch which is why they still make stuff. Despite that it isn't that popular and Naruto-Boruto hasn't been in Japan since the backlash, and since the failure of the Last when they tried to get international fans to watch it makes them not see the worth in reaching out.

Funny thing is that other manga from the time have either got reboots, sequels, or some celebration ova. Inuyasha got a sequel. Kenshin got a sequel and a reboot of its anime. Dragon ball has games movies and a sequel. Zatch Bell got a sequel. Bleach has gotten a continuation of its anime. Shaman king got a reboot of its anime. Those are ones I can remember off the top of my head. So there is clear confidence in those IPs just not Naruto-Boruto; at least not anymore. 

...Has those light novel manga adaptation come out yet or were they cancelled?

To my knowledge I haven't seen any.

Hah, That relationship is just as loveless if not more so than NH. If that's their next move they have no hope at all.

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 October 2022 - 06:46 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 01:35 PM

They don't have budget to do anything new for financial gains. Despite all the claims that Boruto anime earns well, the fact that for THE 20th year milestone they can only produce a 10 minutes video clip without new content tells a lot about the actual financial situation with this franchise. lol.

New movie? Nope.
New game? Nope.
New spinoff or storyline? Nope.
New merchandise? Nope.

Naruto franchise's audience is 10-20 years older now. They'd lead a different life today. I suppose they should be in the age group where their disposable income is amongst the highest. So, why not go all out and entice the old loyal fans to spend $$$ on the franchise?

Who are their target audience with the clip? If it's to get new audience, why doing recap? If Sakura was hated so much and unpopular, why put her in the celebration clip? If Hinata is so popular and NH is very big, why there's no Hinata / NH?

Other franchise like DragonBall celebrated its 20th anniversary by broadcasting DragonBall Kai, a re-edited and remastered version of the Dragon Ball Z anime. The episodes were remastered for HDTV, with rerecording of the vocal tracks by most of the original cast, and featuring updated opening and ending sequences. In other words: a mega project for its fans. They were confident that loyal fans will spend their $$$ on the DragonBall franchise. They did. Hence till date you'd still see new games, New content are being produced. Whether you agree or disagree, DragonBall producers did well financially.

Stark contrast with Naruto franchise. They cut ties with segment of the fans that give them the most financial support (NS fans), tried to please the smallest dog that barks the loudest (NH fans), disregard all the 15 years of Manga storyline just so that a below average series Boruto can be born.

If there's anything, Naruto franchise is THE prime example of what NOT to do to grow your franchise.

Yeah. But unfortunately even if The last didn't exist to destroy the 15 years of writig the narrative had set up, Boruto would still be a mediocre series at best because it is a mostly unplanned milking of Naruto's franchise past the point of a believable plot. Aliens have no business being in the setting because there was never any allusion to them before hand, except for Kaguya and expanding on her by forming an entire bloodline is stupid as Boruto has already shown. At best the Naruto universe looked like one huge continent so expanding on that setting by introducing other continents from across the ocean resulting in intercontinental conflicts or expanding the world in general would have been a better choice, as it gives more justification of the Shinobi alliance and the setting wouldn't have been needed to reset with all nations reverting to backstabbing and spying on each other

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 October 2022 - 11:44 AM.

#24 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 02:03 PM

Yeah. But unfortunately even if The last didn't exist to destroy the 15 years of writig the narrative had set up, Boruto would still be a mediocre series at best because it is a mostly unplanned milking of Naruto's franchise past the point of a believable plot. Aliens have no business being in the setting because there was never any allusion to them before hand, except for Kaguya and expanding on her  clan is stupid as Boruto has already shown. At best the Naruto universe looked like one huge continent so expanding on that setting by introducing other continents from across the ocean resulting in international continental conflicts or expanding the world in general would have been a better choice, as it gives more justification of the Shinobi alliance and the wouldn't have been needed to reset 

The only thing the Otsutsuki have really done in this story is give the main characters their Super Mode with the Karma seal. Which even then isn't much since we already had seals that powered up people without aliens with Tsunade's Yin seal, Orochimaru's curse seals, and the tailed beast containers' various seals. Not helped by the fact that the Karma is a obvious combination of the three. The outright shape and powers of the yin seal, the dangers of the curse seal, and another mind threating to take over ones body like a tailed beast.

...Oh I guess there all the ten tails and how Punk's goal is to finish the harvest. But that could have been done by people that wanted to return to the IT dream worlds and so spent years trying to find and restore kaguya so they can go back to it. Keep it mystical instead of aliens.

The closest thing to an original plot for Boruto was following Salad's journey to become hokage. Because that is her goal, Boruto's goal is to be her shadow supporting her just like Sasuke does for Naruto, and Cups' goal is to become a real boy by spending time with Bolt. So in terms of importance when this story was handed off to Ikemoto was Sarada>Boruto>Mitsuki. Instead, he turned it into a SNS rehash with more emphasis on Bolt & Nail being such Bros.  

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 09 October 2022 - 05:26 AM.

#25 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 October 2022 - 04:44 PM

And unfortunately Sarada's plotline with becoming hokage is thrown in the backburner, for all intents and purposes

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 October 2022 - 11:43 AM.

#26 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 01:49 PM

The light novel that only sold 16k copies after 3 weeks?

Yikes. Talk about desperation.

Anyways, we'll see. Finally we'll get to see how large SS fandom actually is.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 02:24 PM

Im pretty sure its biggest faction was in Japan but whatever, yeah lets see how it performs. But I doubt anything they do will restore Narutos popularity those days are LOOOOONG gone when they decided to piss of the original fan base by turning Naruto into a lying self-centred scumbag to make an irrelevant side character the heroine/hump doll/baby factory for Naruto, but cant have her look like a silver medal.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 October 2022 - 02:25 PM.

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 02:38 PM

I'm pretty sure its biggest faction was in Japan but whatever, yeah lets see how it performs. But I doubt anything they do will restore Naruto's popularity those days are LOOOOONG gone when they decided to piss of the original fan base by turning Naruto into a lying self-centered scumbag to make an irrelevant side character the heroine/hump doll/baby factory for Naruto, but cant have her look like a silver medal.

The Biggest pairing fanbase was KakashiXIruka not just in Japan but also the world as well. SNS was a distant second. Then I think NS or ShikamaruXTemari. Notice how those two aren't together despite that.

The light novel that only sold 16k copies after 3 weeks?

Yikes. Talk about desperation.

Anyways, we'll see. Finally we'll get to see how large SS fandom actually is.

Which is why I was asking if it came out already or was cancelled. I think it was suppose to come out this month but haven't heard anything.

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 October 2022 - 08:20 PM

I recall SasuSaku was pretty high up the list too in Japan at least, but the fans were well aware it was a dysfunctional one. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 October 2022 - 08:21 PM.

#30 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 05:21 AM

People can say whatever they want, which pairings are more popular, etc. But at the end of the day, numbers don't lie. And that numbers are represented with sales figures. Why sales are important, that's the only way a media franchise can survive and keep producing quality content. Supply and demand.

This is proven many times, with Naruto franchise in particular. People used to say NH/Hinata is very popular, the fact says otherwise. So much so that in 20th anniversary of the anime, you don't see Hinata / NH at all in the rehash clip.

Litmus test is simple: if NH and SS pairing are popular, the sales won't be where it is at today.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 October 2022 - 06:26 AM

I recall SasuSaku was pretty high up the list too in Japan at least, but the fans were well aware it was a dysfunctional one. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

It was in the top 10 probably #5 or #6 and most were aware of its problems but didn't mind because it was fantasizing about dreamy bad boy.

People can say whatever they want, which pairings are more popular, etc. But at the end of the day, numbers don't lie. And that numbers are represented with sales figures. Why sales are important, that's the only way a media franchise can survive and keep producing quality content. Supply and demand.

This is proven many times, with Naruto franchise in particular. People used to say NH/Hinata is very popular, the fact says otherwise. So much so that in 20th anniversary of the anime, you don't see Hinata / NH at all in the rehash clip.

Litmus test is simple: if NH and SS pairing are popular, the sales won't be where it is at today.

nH was always just a very vocal minority even when they won and most of the fanbase left that's still the case. SS is the customer base now, some people knows this but the companies definitely know this,  and that SS gaiden is a test to see how much they can make on its own. Its SS's test like the Last was nH's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users