135 replies to this topic

#121 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

I enjoyed some parts of this anime. Not really a "must-watch".. it was overhyped too in my part..since i kept on reading and hearing about this legendary person who also made this and that feeltrip anime etc that i dont know much about and this so and so studio who made this and that lol.

But bottomline. I dont regret watching it.
Never ship anyone here too. It felt incomplete and was trying to put so many elements into the story which in my opinion were actually great things but it wasnt given enough time to ripen.

I agree with most of the people here. It needed more episode to flesh out some things.. and they couldve improved that phase where they build up the friendship of the main characters. To me the student council missions werent that effective to make me attached to their bonds.
And the romance thing could have been cut off and i wouldnt care.

Sooo what was the theme or premise of this story again? Live the normal rose colored highschool life like any other normal teen? I could not deny that i am a bit disappointed because this really had great potential. I like the premise in the beginning but the buildup wasnt effective.

Right? I think "Wasted Potential" is a good description of this series. So many unresolved plotlines- how are you supposed to be satisfied with this rushed ending?!

I don't regret having watched it either, but I'm definitely not going to recommend this to anyone who is interested in Charlotte.

Oh well, I guess I need to watch Clannad b/c I think that is Maeda's best anime so far.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#122 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

I haven't managed to watch the entire anime from beginning to end just snippets from each episode, but from what I've seen the anime felt like it was designd to be bigger and ended up getting rushed, specially the second half, the relationship with his older brother could have been better developed, and the last episode alone could have been extended into a 13 part series, but instead was all lumped together in one episode.

It's like they couldn't decide on the length, pacing and story allocation at all, they started off normally then realised they spent too much time on more light hearted stuff that the main story element could not be given enough focus as they ran out of time.

It's a shame really as this anime could have been great if it ended with more episodes to tell the story properly.

iAnby7W.gif

#123 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:11 AM

You guys know Gigguk? He's kind of more or less absent as an anime reviewer now. When you see him going out of his way to post a rant video about Charlotte's ending, you know this anime has failed:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#124 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:55 AM

But wait! The sole purpose of this animu was to sell all those mv's! /s

#125 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

You guys know Gigguk? He's kind of more or less absent as an anime reviewer now. When you see him going out of his way to post a rant video about Charlotte's ending, you know this anime has failed:

Didnt know that guy until now but lol
That was spot on.
Such a waste of potential.
They should have cramped the student council into 1 or 2 episodes instead and had the last chapter into several episodes..
On another note altho a part of me did want the imouto to return..sometimes coming back from the dead takes away its value.

I hope to see a better version of this.

#126 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Didnt know that guy until now but lol
That was spot on.
Such a waste of potential.
They should have cramped the student council into 1 or 2 episodes instead and had the last chapter into several episodes..
On another note altho a part of me did want the imouto to return..sometimes coming back from the dead takes away its value.

I hope to see a better version of this.

Maybe a visual novel to charlotte will come out one day. Other than that, their's a manga to Charlotte being serialized right now.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#127 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

Maybe a visual novel to charlotte will come out one day. Other than that, their's a manga to Charlotte being serialized right now.

I did saw the manga somewhere but havent read it. Have you?? I wonder if its any different?

#128 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

I did saw the manga somewhere but havent read it. Have you?? I wonder if its any different?

Nope, not yet, but I might read it in the future.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#129 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

just finished the first ep, pretty nice. he reminds me of lelouch and a more annoying version of yuta from chunnibyo.. its funny to see his cockiness gone like that :lmao: i actually thought it was going to be like haruhi suzumiya-like at the start, then it turned to gakuen alice-like. the little sister is boring. but i like the vanished brother story :umm: his power is also similar to ino's :excited:

Edited by Hanabi, 12 October 2015 - 12:18 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#130 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

just finished the first ep, pretty nice. he reminds me of lelouch and a more annoying version of yuta from chunnibyo.. its funny to see his cockiness gone like that :lmao: i actually thought it was going to be like haruhi suzumiya-like at the start, then it turned to gakuen alice-like. the little sister is boring. but i like the vanished brother story :umm: his power is also similar to ino's :excited:

That's what I thought so, too, but this series turned into a disaster.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#131 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

That's what I thought so, too, but this series turned into a disaster.

sort of like naruto?

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#132 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

sort of like naruto?

Everything was rushed towarda the end.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#133 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:37 PM

uhuhu im sorry ayumi for talking bad abt you plz come back :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

episode 7 is so  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#134 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

uhuhu im sorry ayumi for talking bad abt you plz come back :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

episode 7 is so  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Oh man, you are at that episode :cry: Just wait til you get to episode 11 (I think), everything will be explained.

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#135 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

ep 9 is so interesting, it reminds me of a happier elfen lied story. sister complex (cant rem his name) also has the same ability as gakuen alice! lol!

ep 10 - poor nii-san (cant rem his name), he reminds me of nagato from the haruhi series, having to relive moments again and again.. and poor sister complex xD (cant rem his name), ayumi falls into the embrace of the girl while sister complex hit his head on the counter 

ep 11 - why did they have to strip tomori :hm: reminds me of poor asuna. i was rooting for yu to stab that little chibi girl like he did to those gangsters :down:

ep 12 - lmao what kind of confession was that :excited: and lmfao he's going to singapore :excited:

i apologize if my non-stop comparisons between different animes annoy you guys  :argh:

Edited by Hanabi, 30 October 2015 - 10:20 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

#136 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

ep 13 is well.. cool. it wasn't as bad as i expected it to be, i thought he was going to die..

it was really quite reckless letting yu to do all that alone.. judging his brother extra hard :hm: i thought he was smarter than that :hm:

tomori predicted that he'll go bonkers and he did lol. he's mentally weak and it was just for plot reason that he was able to steal everything successfully.. other than that, he's really awesome using his powers like kirito (sao)

i was quite surprised that tomori was still in school uniform and ayumi still in her chibi form at the end.. i thought yu grown up and became more handsome :argh:

overall i would give this a 6.5/10 (like what others said, the animation is spectacular), the story is good, but the development is not. yusarin, glasses, nii-san and gang just seemed so wasted and redundant.

it really reminds me of gakuen alice and haruhi suzumiya but they were better imo. more episodes would change a lot for this series.

hahhahaha he speaketh the truth

Edited by Hanabi, 31 October 2015 - 08:46 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I'm sorry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P.A. Works, Key (company), Jun Maeda, anime original, beautiful animation, school, super power, drama, comedy, main character is a jerk :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users