135 replies to this topic

#21 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, Ranpo Kidan: Game of Laplace, Arslan Senki, Ore Monogatari, Durarara, Baccano, Fullmetal Alchemist (2003)... I don't remember. :twitch:

Oh, Baccano!!!! That's a good anime! I'm rewatching it right now, too. If you don't watch dub, I highly suggest you to do so. They nailed the 1930's american accent perfectly.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#22 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

I haven't started watching this properly yet, I'm saving the episodes for near the end and watch them all together, because I know from past experience from watching Angel Beats, Clanned, Little Buster etc. If I watch this weakly allot of my time in between will be wasted thinking about the next weeks episode so this way i'll probably watch snippets and then watch all the episodes together.

From what little I've watched, I can tell it's going to be worth watching, this anime has to have been in the planning stages for a good few years already, I think they had originally planed a Angel Beat sequel, but this story must have been compelling enough to choose to do this instead of a sequel. Heck from the history of the studio, for all we know all the charactors are in a mental asylum and have created this world to cope with their past. It will be interesting to see what the actual twist in this tale is.

iAnby7W.gif

#23 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Wait.. do we know his sisters powers?!

Also, any favorites?? :D   

Lol no. But maybe it has something to do with stars lol

Favorites of what? Character?

Episode 3 so far was the weakest episode in my eyes. You'll see what I mean when you get to it. Imao, I'm always surprised at how mixed the reactions to Clannad can be. I haven't finished season 1 yet. Have you watched both seasons?

I see. I think ill let it get completed first before i watch it again.. the experience is better when i watch a series in one go.. but hopefully i can withstand not checking it out weekly lol

And about clannad. I watched due to the rave.but when i was watching it i was like uhm is this the part were i laugh? Do i have to feel like crying now? Well it isnt that bad but its the kind of show where i wanted to go outside instead of sitting down infront of the tv. Ill probably give this another try since people say the 2nd season is great.

How about you? Did you manage to finish season 1?

#24 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

I haven't started watching this properly yet, I'm saving the episodes for near the end and watch them all together, because I know from past experience from watching Angel Beats, Clanned, Little Buster etc. If I watch this weakly allot of my time in between will be wasted thinking about the next weeks episode so this way i'll probably watch snippets and then watch all the episodes together.

From what little I've watched, I can tell it's going to be worth watching, this anime has to have been in the planning stages for a good few years already, I think they had originally planed a Angel Beat sequel, but this story must have been compelling enough to choose to do this instead of a sequel. Heck from the history of the studio, for all we know all the charactors are in a mental asylum and have created this world to cope with their past. It will be interesting to see what the actual twist in this tale is.

I totally forgot the animation studio did Angel beats and Clanned too. I never watched the animes, but I heard good things about them.. 

I see. I think ill let it get completed first before i watch it again.. the experience is better when i watch a series in one go.. but hopefully i can withstand not checking it out weekly lol

And about clannad. I watched due to the rave.but when i was watching it i was like uhm is this the part were i laugh? Do i have to feel like crying now? Well it isnt that bad but its the kind of show where i wanted to go outside instead of sitting down infront of the tv. Ill probably give this another try since people say the 2nd season is great.

Lmao, her powers might have something to do with the stars XD

Yups, any favorite characters?? 

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

#25 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

I totally forgot the animation studio did Angel beats and Clanned too. I never watched the animes, but I heard good things about them.. 

So far the MC. I enjoy hating him. Lol

How about you?

#26 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

So far the MC. I enjoy hating him. Lol

How about you?

Gotta be Yuu (of cause) lol, who doesn't love that dork. And Nao, I really like her since the beginning.

#27 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

That works, too. So far episode 1 is still the strongest one. The MC has been sort of pushed quite in the background in my eyes (although that has more to do with recruiting and characterizing the main cast).

I've only watched 5 episodes of Clannad so far XD Then College started last year, and I never got to watching it again. Personally, I liked it up to that point. It was enjoyable to me, and I had a few good laughs (comedy is subjective, of course), but nothing mindblowing. I enjoyed it a hella lot more though than the first few episodes of Ao Haru Ride, and that says something XD I imagine Nagisa to be a weird character who can talk about nothing but Anpan all the time, and Tomoya being a stupid delinquent. Up to that point, I was mostly impressed with the OST, which happens to be one of my personal favorites. I can see what you're getting at and what might have bored you (that's what most of the people say who hate Clannad).

And then I spoilered myself with season 2 :mellow: I'm mainly trying to catch up on season 1 now to watch season 2. From the few scenes, I've seen, I definitely think that season 2 is superior to season 1 by any means. You seldomly get to see what a couple is doing after high school live.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#28 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

The animation studio only did Angel Works (PA Works), KyoAni did Clanned, I was talking about Key, they were responsible the story itself, they are famous for their Visual Novels mainly that have translated really well into animes. However for Charlotte like with Angel Beats the studio did the original story for the anime first and the Visual Novel will likely come later, once they map out the alternative routes and flesh out the story probably.

I would recommend you watch Angel Beats at the very least, it will give you a good idea what to expect, as the same team made that anime as well, and it's only 13 episodes long, where Clanned is two series of 24 episodes, same with Little Buster, I think Kanon and Air are only 24 episodes long. (though haven't watched Air).

iAnby7W.gif

#29 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Oh, Baccano!!!! That's a good anime! I'm rewatching it right now, too. If you don't watch dub, I highly suggest you to do so. They nailed the 1930's american accent perfectly.

I'm watching sub, but I'll try the dub sometime if it's good. I had no idea before that it was from the same writer as Durarara, so when I found that out I had to put it at the top of my list. I really like it, though I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet.

I personally loved Clannad, but I suppose it's a matter of taste and preference. I've certainly seen some anime that are really popular with the masses and yet I couldn't get into them at all.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 20 July 2015 - 05:14 PM.

#30 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

I'm watching sub, but I'll try the dub sometime if it's good. I had no idea before that it was from the same writer as Durarara, so when I found that out I had to put it at the top of my list. I really like it, though I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet.

I personally loved Clannad, but I suppose it's a matter of taste and preference. I've certainly seen some anime that are really popular with the masses and yet I couldn't get into them at all.

Ugh, first time I've watched it, I think it took me and my brother at least six to seven episodes or so to realize what is going on XD Baccano jumps back and forth in time so much that it gets overwhelming in the beginning.

Oh trust me, once you've heard dub, you'll see what I mean. It's said to be one of the best ones out there.

Other way around with me: When I started Durarara, I got strong Baccano vibes XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#31 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

The animation studio only did Angel Works (PA Works), KyoAni did Clanned, I was talking about Key, they were responsible the story itself, they are famous for their Visual Novels mainly that have translated really well into animes. However for Charlotte like with Angel Beats the studio did the original story for the anime first and the Visual Novel will likely come later, once they map out the alternative routes and flesh out the story probably.

I would recommend you watch Angel Beats at the very least, it will give you a good idea what to expect, as the same team made that anime as well, and it's only 13 episodes long, where Clanned is two series of 24 episodes, same with Little Buster, I think Kanon and Air are only 24 episodes long. (though haven't watched Air).

My bad, I'm not really familiar with it :sweat: 

I'll see if I get time to watch Angle Beats, it would probably be next year or so.

I haven't watched any of the series, yet. But I'm planning to. I really wanna watch both Kanon and Clanned (heard that they were heartbreaking)  

#32 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

New episode: http://kissanime.com...e-004?id=112731

Lolz, loved this episode. I really love Misa, I like her more then Yusa tbh.

I hope there'll be background story of the characters, I really wanna see how it was. 

#33 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

How come the MC stopped being a kitten?

I kinda like him to act almighty and stuff granted that Nao tucked his tail between his legs and he learned his lesson and developed out of it but still i kinda like that jerk side of him. He still have his looks right? lol

and couldn't he just tell his sister that he wanted something spicy or less sweet? I'm sure she'll gladly cater to his wants.

Its getting old..

this show still makes me hooked tho so that's really great.

i wonder what Nao tested when she asked Yuu to used his power on the baseball guy after the match??

#34 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I personally disliked the newest episode. Yes, I know this anime is following this "Key Formula" in which we will get bombarded with several slice of life scene, until the huge plot twist & tear-inducing moments hit in later. But at least make it feel like these built episodes are actually worth watching, and not just one particular scene. And the comedy not feels sooo... forced.It's prob just personal taste, but the jokes start to get redundant and exaggerated: No more pizza sauce scenes (though I imagine this will become relevant later on), pls tone down that obsessive nature of glasses guy, and Yusa... I don't wanna even start with her. I miss the MC acting like a jerk and actually giving me the feeling that he IS the "main character."

Edited by trang95, 26 July 2015 - 02:12 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#35 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

How come the MC stopped being a kitten?

I kinda like him to act almighty and stuff granted that Nao tucked his tail between his legs and he learned his lesson and developed out of it but still i kinda like that jerk side of him. He still have his looks right? lol

and couldn't he just tell his sister that he wanted something spicy or less sweet? I'm sure she'll gladly cater to his wants.

Its getting old..

this show still makes me hooked tho so that's really great.

i wonder what Nao tested when she asked Yuu to used his power on the baseball guy after the match??

I just watched episode 4.. And damn Yuu's character!

Yeah! I also wanna know what was up with that baseball guy... Maybe Nao didn't really trust him when he told that he wouldn't use his power at a baseball game, but then why use Yuu's powers!? 

I personally disliked the newest episode. Yes, I know this anime is following this "Key Formula" in which we will get bombarded with several slice of life scene, until the huge plot twist & tear-inducing moments hit in later. But at least make it feel like these built episodes are actually worth watching, and not just one particular scene. And the comedy not feels sooo... forced.It's prob just personal taste, but the jokes start to get redundant and exaggerated: No more pizza sauce scenes (though I imagine this will become relevant later on), pls tone down that obsessive nature of glasses guy, and Yusa... I don't wanna even start with her. I miss the MC acting like a jerk and actually giving me the feeling that he IS the "main character."

I never watched any of Key's animes, but just after watching these 4 episodes of this anime, I might give the animes a try.

Yusa is a ok character, I kinda like her personality.. I just like Misa 100% more. 

#36 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

i don't know what this key formula is as i am not familiar with their works.. but i'm on the same boat as you are on the MC stopping to act arrogant maybe him gaining power made him arrogant but he isn't really like that before he had it.. but i think they got their power because of their circumstances in life...and he was an au naturale narcissist. lol

likewise, the comedy isn't working much anymore not that it did in the first place. it IS redundant and exaggerated so i don't think it personal preference alone.

however despite that this still gets my attention for some reason.

#37 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:10 PM

I just watched episode 4.. And damn Yuu's character!

Yeah! I also wanna know what was up with that baseball guy... Maybe Nao didn't really trust him when he told that he wouldn't use his power at a baseball game, but then why use Yuu's powers!? 

I never watched any of Key's animes, but just after watching these 4 episodes of this anime, I might give the animes a try.

Yusa is a ok character, I kinda like her personality.. I just like Misa 100% more. 

Misa- like her sister more :D Then you should check Angel Beats. It's a quick watch.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#38 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

i don't know what this key formula is as i am not familiar with their works.. but i'm on the same boat as you are on the MC stopping to act arrogant maybe him gaining power made him arrogant but he isn't really like that before he had it.. but i think they got their power because of their circumstances in life...and he was an au naturale narcissist. lol

likewise, the comedy isn't working much anymore not that it did in the first place. it IS redundant and exaggerated so i don't think it personal preference alone.

however despite that this still gets my attention for some reason.

Seems like it. The abilities of the characters are modeled after their desires. Yuu's little sister will most likely developed some ability later on, too. As far as I know, key animes are very formulaic:"He (Jun Maeda) then lulls the viewers into a false sense of security with a couple of comedic episodes before dropping a tragedy bomb." Key's animes are basically melodramas. Oh, and the creator really seems to like baseball b/c from what I've heard all the animes have at least one baseball episode.
I think we are all sticking with this show b/c we know that it will take a sudden plot twist later on.

Edited by trang95, 26 July 2015 - 03:19 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#39 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:32 PM

A 20 minute something making-of video of Charlotte, available online until August 3rd:http://www.animenews...oduction/.91122

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#40 dejavu

dejavu

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:36 AM

Seems like it. The abilities of the characters are modeled after their desires. Yuu's little sister will most likely developed some ability later on, too. As far as I know, key animes are very formulaic:"He (Jun Maeda) then lulls the viewers into a false sense of security with a couple of comedic episodes before dropping a tragedy bomb." Key's animes are basically melodramas. Oh, and the creator really seems to like baseball b/c from what I've heard all the animes have at least one baseball episode.
I think we are all sticking with this show b/c we know that it will take a sudden plot twist later on.

For one we have that creepy hallway scene.. we ARE aware that they'll throw us a bomb anytime.

I told myself to wait for the whole anime to finish before i watch it but here i am watching episode 5 lol

so heads up btw.. episode 5 is out.

The change of setting was a good breather for me..and somehow i'm liking the fact that the MC isn't a goody-goody person who will help out anyone anytime.

They finally ran out of pizza sauce but the lil sister is sick.. so maybe that isn't just to spite the MC or for comedic purposes. I'm guessing that she'll awaken her abilities soon.

This anime is actually great. after 5 episodes it sustains my interest.. looking forward to the plot moving.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P.A. Works, Key (company), Jun Maeda, anime original, beautiful animation, school, super power, drama, comedy, main character is a jerk :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users