Close
Photo

Kishi said he created Naruto and Sakura first, so..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

#41 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 19 2011, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know much about the origins of the characters, but apparently one of the data/fan-books states that Sakura was actually an original creation by Kishimoto that he created after Naruto and Kakashi, as he personally decided he needed a heroine. Sasuke, from what I gather, was a suggestion from Kishi's editor to give the manga a cliche shounen rival character.

I'm not too sure on that though. I'd recommend reading this thread. The thread's been closed, but there's some interesting stuff there regarding character origins. In any case, I don't really think it has to mean anything pairing-related, since Sakura's creation as a love interest could be taken for either Naruto or Sasuke. I don't think it's the latter, based on the course the manga's taken, but it does work as a counter-point.

I just don't understand how she could be of love interest to Sasuke. I mean, he's Sasuke. rolleyes.gif He's only tried to kill her 3-4- times.
But yeah, I think I had read it on that thread, but I'm not really sure, I could of heard it from a bunch of different sources. Maybe someone who has the databook can confirm it- but i'm sure theres a lot of databooks too. huh.gif
I also heard that Kishi said something like, "I needed to make the plot thicken, so I added Sasuke, if I didn't, I figured, "This will be over in a month!"" (Meaning the series..) Or something along those lines. mellow.gif

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#42 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Sep 18 2011, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know much about the origins of the characters, but apparently one of the data/fan-books states that Sakura was actually an original creation by Kishimoto that he created after Naruto and Kakashi, as he personally decided he needed a heroine. Sasuke, from what I gather, was a suggestion from Kishi's editor to give the manga a cliche shounen rival character.

I'm not too sure on that though. I'd recommend reading this thread. The thread's been closed, but there's some interesting stuff there regarding character origins. In any case, I don't really think it has to mean anything pairing-related, since Sakura's creation as a love interest could be taken for either Naruto or Sasuke. I don't think it's the latter, based on the course the manga's taken, but it does work as a counter-point.

Or that haha. Well we do know that when the "pilot" came out for Naruto long before the real series began and became popular that it struggled and was quite unpopular. Who ever was created first matters little to me. If Sasuke did come later at the editor's suggestion than Kishi is lucky he listened, I truly doubt the manga would have succeed without Sasuke.

#43 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

I doubt the show would be any good with many things, but yes the main evil villians matter deeply. A better question is, how did they think about Orochimaru and Kabuto. biggrin.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#44 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Sep 18 2011, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt the show would be any good with many things, but yes the main evil villians matter deeply. A better question is, how did they think about Orochimaru and Kabuto. biggrin.gif

Yeppers biggrin.gif Although Sasuke definitely holds a more crucial role in the story than any of our villains, orochimaru and Kabuto included. The villians in the story are providing a great evil presence but the true conflict that drives the story is Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. It seems Orochimaru was simply a vehicle for Sasuke's turn into darkness, continued with Madara. Of course the story has countless layers and details that make it great but this is what I see it boil down to.

#45 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Sep 19 2011, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or that haha. Well we do know that when the "pilot" came out for Naruto long before the real series began and became popular that it struggled and was quite unpopular. Who ever was created first matters little to me. If Sasuke did come later at the editor's suggestion than Kishi is lucky he listened, I truly doubt the manga would have succeed without Sasuke.

QUOTE (jworks @ Sep 19 2011, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeppers biggrin.gif Although Sasuke definitely holds a more crucial role in the story than any of our villains, orochimaru and Kabuto included. The villians in the story are providing a great evil presence but the true conflict that drives the story is Naruto and Sasuke's relationship. It seems Orochimaru was simply a vehicle for Sasuke's turn into darkness, continued with Madara. Of course the story has countless layers and details that make it great but this is what I see it boil down to.

It makes me wonder what Kishi's planning to do with all of these characters. huh.gif Mainly Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke/.

jus drein jus daun.

#46 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (iamfenris @ Sep 19 2011, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It makes me wonder what Kishi's planning to do with all of these characters. huh.gif Mainly Naruto/Sakura/Sasuke/.

what if they all die holding hands, and the world is saved.. oh my thats sad, why did i think this?

2XtVwF6.png

#47 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

I don't know about what everyone said, but I do know this. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are the top three characters in the Manga.

The main character, the love interest, and the rival.

I have watched several anime/read manga of many and I seem to notice a pattern with some of them.

Most, if not all, consists of two guys and one girl as the main focus. Guy A (the main character) has a crush/love on girl A (The love interest) through out the anime/manga. Guy A thinks Girl A is in love with Guy B (the rival). Even going so far as to make stupid, but noble, choices to make her happy. Girl A usually does not have a thing for Guy B and really has a thing for Guy A, but too embarrassed to say this to said Guy. Guy B either is in love with someone else or plays the "cool guy."

I have seen this set up so many times I can practically pick who is going to be together in the end of some of them. Hinata is not part of the main three. This is not hating on her, this is kind of a fact and her kind of character is usually there to create either tension or creating comical effect. Maybe both.

The top three main characters are where all the action, drama, and development is. Most other characters are there to smooth out the edges. Create a more complete scene. This is also fact.

That's all I have to say.

P.S. I do find it really weird that some fans insist on thinking that no matter how many times Guy B says "No" to Girl A, Whether by words or actions or trying to kill her, they still think he is a potential love interest. How many times must a guy say "No" before it gets put into perspective?

What if Naruto said to Hinata "I don't love you like that," what would happen? Some fans would deny it. They would deny it all the way. I have couples I liked didn't happen, but that doesn't mean they aren't less true because I deny there existence.

If Sasuke showed any interest in Sakura I would be alright in saying "Yes, this has a chance," but he hates her with a passion. He has proved this on more than one occasion even BEFORE he became a villain. How can love be born from hate literally?

I just don't get it.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 September 2011 - 01:37 AM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#48 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

^ Win ^

Edited by naruto-z, 19 September 2011 - 01:32 AM.

#49 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 19 2011, 02:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about what everyone said, but I do know this. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are the top three characters in the Manga.

The main character, the love interest, and the rival.

I have watched several anime/read manga of many and I seem to notice a pattern with some of them.

Most, if not all, consists of two guys and one girl as the main focus. Guy A (the main character) has a crush/love on girl A (The love interest) through out the anime/manga. Guy A thinks Girl A is in love with Guy B (the rival). Even going so far as to make stupid, but noble, choices to make her happy. Girl A usually does not have a thing for Guy B and really has a thing for Guy A, but too embarrassed to say this to said Guy. Guy B either is in love with someone else or plays the "cool guy."

I have seen this set up so many times I can practically pick who is going to be together in the end of some of them. Hinata is not part of the main three. This is not hating on her, this is kind of a fact and her kind of character is usually there to create either tension or creating comical effect. Maybe both.

The top three main characters are where all the action, drama, and development is. Most other characters are there to smooth out the edges. Create a more complete scene. This is also fact.

That's all I have to say.

So youre basically saying that Naruto likes Sakura, but thinks Sakura likes Sasuke, when really she likes Naruto, which makes Naruto (like how he reacted during her confesion) look clearly like an idiot tongue.gif ?

I may of misunderstood you, I read it quick.

jus drein jus daun.

#50 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

Sakura doesn't love Sasuke really, only a friendship/crush. First crush and comrade is hard to get over really. However she does love Naruto! ^^

2XtVwF6.png

#51 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (iamfenris @ Sep 18 2011, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So youre basically saying that Naruto likes Sakura, but thinks Sakura likes Sasuke, when really she likes Naruto, which makes Naruto (like how he reacted during her confesion) look clearly like an idiot tongue.gif ?

I may of misunderstood you, I read it quick.

You got it. That's pretty much how I see it.

I am just going to say what my British friend said to Squall in FF8.

Rinoa: Give me a hug. A real big one to know I am alive.
Squall: Why would I do that?
My British friend: SHE LOVES YOU, YAH FOOL!!!! *accent*

Edited by James S Cassidy, 19 September 2011 - 12:23 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#52 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 19 2011, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif Thats a great view on it. It makes a lot of sense.

jus drein jus daun.

#53 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Sep 19 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And that is why British people are awesome.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#54 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:28 PM

how did british talk come from Naruto :O!

2XtVwF6.png

#55 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

Actually I think he said Naruto Kakashi and the Third hokage Hizuren wre created first Sasuke after because he was recommended to create a rival and then Sakura because the team needed a girl although Sakura wasn't intended to be the heroine at first

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#56 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Sep 19 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the team needed a girl although Sakura wasn't intended to be the heroine at first

I heard Hinata was once about to be heronie but he changed his mind, although thats probably jsut another NH rumor page i found... :O

2XtVwF6.png

#57 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Sep 19 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I heard Hinata was once about to be heronie but he changed his mind, although thats probably jsut another NH rumor page i found... :O

I thought that was a rumor, too.

Edited by iamfenris, 19 September 2011 - 11:04 PM.

jus drein jus daun.

#58 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (iamfenris @ Sep 20 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought that was a rumor, too.

I once thought that Haku being a guy was a rumor.. look at my opinion now.. biggrin.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#59 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku1 @ Sep 19 2011, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I once thought that Haku being a guy was a rumor.. look at my opinion now.. biggrin.gif

Till this day I still go with Haku being a girl even if Naruto stated Haku was a boy. That kid was to pretty.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#60 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Sep 20 2011, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Till this day I still go with Haku being a girl even if Naruto stated Haku was a boy. That kid was to pretty.

*Backs away from you very slowly* shoo Zabuza is right behind u

2XtVwF6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users