171 replies to this topic

#1 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

So I was thinking it would be really nice for there to be a single place with all the evidence of how badly received the Naruto ending was. I've been considering making a tumblr blog dedicated to it, however there's a lot of information I remember existing, but have a hard time finding.

Is anyone willing to help me out? If you have anything like screenshots to submit, that'd be really helpful!

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#2 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:00 AM

So I was thinking it would be really nice for there to be a single place with all the evidence of how badly received the Naruto ending was. I've been considering making a tumblr blog dedicated to it, however there's a lot of information I remember existing, but have a hard time finding.

Is anyone willing to help me out? If you have anything like screenshots to submit, that'd be really helpful!

I know I got some of the stuff taken from places like Tumblr on my Imgur account about the way that fans in Japan reacted to the ending of Naruto, so if you need them, I'll be glad to help.

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:00 AM

Well that a lot of evidence was taken down so if we DO find anything we will have to immortalize it on this very site. :smile:  I wonder how though :ermm:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:35 PM

I know I got some of the stuff taken from places like Tumblr on my Imgur account about the way that fans in Japan reacted to the ending of Naruto, so if you need them, I'll be glad to help.

Post'em. I'm curious to see how Japan reacted to the ending. I know they absolutely hated The Last.

#5 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 08:41 PM

Post'em. I'm curious to see how Japan reacted to the ending. I know they absolutely hated The Last.

I heard rumor that many of them that watch the premiere of the last in theater leave early after they realize that it was hinata movies and when they saw the floating kiss in front of the moon.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#6 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:19 AM

One thing I remember hearing was that the ending was viewed as rather nonsensical, causing some to believe that the cast was caught in the Infinite Tsukiyomi. The believed The Last would be about Team 7 awakening from the dream and saving the world, with the final pairing being NaruSaku, but when word it was a Hinata-focused movie came out they grew angry. There was also people disgusted at how they took Sakura's role as series heroine away from her, moreso when they had her VA make a commercial talking about Hinata being the true female lead.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#7 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

One thing I remember hearing was that the ending was viewed as rather nonsensical, causing some to believe that the cast was caught in the Infinite Tsukiyomi. The believed The Last would be about Team 7 awakening from the dream and saving the world, with the final pairing being NaruSaku, but when word it was a Hinata-focused movie came out they grew angry. There was also people disgusted at how they took Sakura's role as series heroine away from her, moreso when they had her VA make a commercial talking about Hinata being the true female lead.

And also how Sakura, in spite of what Kishimoto claimed, came off as a terrible woman nonetheless for longing for someone like Sasuke who berated her and abused her, rather than allowing herself to be happy with Naruto, and how the Genjutsu had contradicted the story with Naruto and Kurama's bond and how it would have nullified the Genjutsu Naruto was put under.

#8 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:13 AM

I heard rumor that many of them that watch the premiere of the last in theater leave early after they realize that it was hinata movies and when they saw the floating kiss in front of the moon.

And IIRC, people walking out of a movie before it's finished, even with bad movies, is an overall very rare occurrence and yet numerous people did so with The Last.

2e5.gif

#9 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:19 AM

Well that a lot of evidence was taken down so if we DO find anything we will have to immortalize it on this very site. :smile:  I wonder how though :ermm:

The thing about the internet is once it's on the internet, it stays on the internet. I'm sure we can find stuff. We may have to go as far back as the original threads several years ago.

Yeah, please! That'd be very helpful!  :yes: 

Unless threads were taken down, a lot of evidence was posted on this site as well. Have to dig through those.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#10 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:02 AM

That would have been interesting. The Last with Sasuke being the final bad guy.

#11 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 05:54 PM

They were also pissed that their two favorite characters Sasuke and Kakashi were advertised heavy, but were only in the movie for maybe a couple of minutes. Sasuke especially. He is all over the advertisement and yet he doesn't do anything in the movie except watch Naruto and Hinata make out on the moon with a Sailor Moon rip-off scene.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#12 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:22 AM

They were also pissed that their two favorite characters Sasuke and Kakashi were advertised heavy, but were only in the movie for maybe a couple of minutes. Sasuke especially. He is all over the advertisement and yet he doesn't do anything in the movie except to  Naruto and Hinata make out on the moon with a Sailor Moon rip-off scene.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#13 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:17 PM

Three simple words that couldn't be more true. It is just stupid. The ending goes against everything that was true to series and anime overall. The ending and specifically the pairings remind me too much of the crappy teen romance novels that we get here in the West.

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

They were also pissed that their two favorite characters Sasuke and Kakashi were advertised heavy, but were only in the movie for maybe a couple of minutes. Sasuke especially. He is all over the advertisement and yet he doesn't do anything in the movie except watch Naruto and Hinata make out on the moon with a Sailor Moon rip-off scene.

Pretty much, and also trying to not show it was a NaruHina movie just to earn more money. Studio Pierrot knew what they were doing obviously.

#15 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:29 PM

Pretty much, and also trying to not show it was a NaruHina movie just to earn more money. Studio Pierrot knew what they were doing obviously.

Yep the old bait and switch. Unfortunately it is very common in any advertisement especially in entertainment. Hollywood does it everyday and it is seeping in more and more into our anime as well. SJ remind so much of the crappy business practices in Hollywood.

Edited by griff142, 11 March 2018 - 06:31 PM.

#16 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:18 AM

I guess, for me personally, the ultimate aftermath of the ending is to see the tumbling sales figures on all fronts and media channels for Naruto series.

One indicator that we can observe is manga sales, largely due to reliable source of data coming from oricon. Predictably, the manga sales dropped about more than 80%. Over 7 million annually during Pein Arc where you got NS hug scene, started to decline when volume 64 was published to about 5 million, and today it sold just about 1.1 million in 2017 with Boruto: Naruto Next Generation.

That's Pareto Principle folks. Roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the cause. About 80% of their manga sales comes from 20% of their consumer, which has decided to no longer finance the manga.

Numbers do not lie, and I confidently think that NS fans, the only fandom who got nothing in the end, was actually the one financing Naruto series all these 15 years.

Latest Boruto manga, a product of NH/SS story, only sold about 130k. If anyone curious, that's how much SS and NH combined buying power yields.

The smallest dog bark the loudest indeed.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#17 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

I guess, for me personally, the ultimate aftermath of the ending is to see the tumbling sales figures on all fronts and media channels for Naruto series.

One indicator that we can observe is manga sales, largely due to reliable source of data coming from oricon. Predictably, the manga sales dropped about more than 80%. Over 7 million annually during Pein Arc where you got NS hug scene, started to decline when volume 64 was published to about 5 million, and today it sold just about 1.1 million in 2017 with Boruto: Naruto Next Generation.

That's Pareto Principle folks. Roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the cause. About 80% of their manga sales comes from 20% of their consumer, which has decided to no longer finance the manga.

Numbers do not lie, and I confidently think that NS fans, the only fandom who got nothing in the end, was actually the one financing Naruto series all these 15 years.

Latest Boruto manga, a product of NH/SS story, only sold about 130k. If anyone curious, that's how much SS and NH combined buying power yields.

The smallest dog bark the loudest indeed.

As much as i believe this , i do still wonder though , why haven't Boruto anime/manga getting axed/died/stop already? why are they still continuing this farce?

I know little about marketing world but ... if they still continue isn't that mean that it's selling well? . I mean they can't be that too far gone if they know they not making any money but still continue making Boruto and wasting money right?

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#18 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

As much as i believe this , i do still wonder though , why haven't Boruto anime/manga getting axed/died/stop already? why are they still continuing this farce?

I know little about marketing world but ... if they still continue isn't that mean that it's selling well? . I mean they can't be that too far gone if they know they not making any money but still continue making Boruto and wasting money right?

There is a residual bump from Boruto, even if it pales in comparison to Naruto's sales. So that's not nothing.

I think they were never expecting it be as popular as Naruto, but with Boruto:

- they are making sales in the millions without having to build a fanbase from scratch 

- they are using smaller staff who are most certainly getting paid A LOT LESS money

- they are lending the Naruto franchise credibility to another magazine, like a tentpole for reliable sales (I think it switched to a different format than Naruto ran in (monthly rather than weekly?), so different magazine, same company.)

- they can use the Boruto money to offset the cost of and draw interest to any new and possibly more popular series being published right beside Boruto.

So even though Boruto is not nearly as popular as Naruto, from a franchising point of view, it still makes reliable money and still draws in a modestly impressive amount of readers, from new fans and old. And that number will certainly rise as the series continues, the plot gets going, and newer fans get picked up.

Boruto may not ever be great. Or even good. But it's an established series with an established fanbase — so right there it has huge advantages over any other new/unknown series, no matter how good that new one is.

And remember, they could be planning something huge to draw readers back and bump issue sales (like over a holiday). Two I see on the horizon could be the killing of Naruto or the inevitable death of Sasuke. Those two events would really swell the numbers, if just for a couple issues.

And imagine if Naruto left Hinata for Sakura! hahahaha - we'd all be checking it out then!!!

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

There is a residual bump from Boruto, even if it pales in comparison to Naruto's sales. So that's not nothing.

I think they were never expecting it be as popular as Naruto, but with Boruto:

- they are making sales in the millions without having to build a fanbase from scratch 

- they are using smaller staff who are most certainly getting paid A LOT LESS money

- they are lending the Naruto franchise credibility to another magazine, like a tentpole for reliable sales (I think it switched to a different format than Naruto ran in (monthly rather than weekly?), so different magazine, same company.)

- they can use the Boruto money to offset the cost of and draw interest to any new and possibly more popular series being published right beside Boruto.

So even though Boruto is not nearly as popular as Naruto, from a franchising point of view, it still makes reliable money and still draws in a modestly impressive amount of readers, from new fans and old. And that number will certainly rise as the series continues, the plot gets going, and newer fans get picked up.

Boruto may not ever be great. Or even good. But it's an established series with an established fanbase — so right there it has huge advantages over any other new/unknown series, no matter how good that new one is.

And remember, they could be planning something huge to draw readers back and bump issue sales (like over a holiday). Two I see on the horizon could be the killing of Naruto or the inevitable death of Sasuke. Those two events would really swell the numbers, if just for a couple issues.

And imagine if Naruto left Hinata for Sakura! hahahaha - we'd all be checking it out then!!!

There's also the alleged plan to get income from the video games side, especially from the upcoming Shinobi Strikers, the new app that just came out with the world building feature and the Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy series that is heading towards the Nintendo Switch this year.

And tricksie, on bolded, they won't do that. They don't have the guts to somehow get Naruto back into character (unless they say reboot). The only thing I will come back if and ONLY if:

Guess?

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:27 PM

There's also the alleged plan to get income from the video games side, especially from the upcoming Shinobi Strikers, the new app that just came out with the world building feature and the Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy series that is heading towards the Nintendo Switch this year.

And tricksie, on bolded, they won't do that. They don't have the guts to somehow get Naruto back into character (unless they say reboot). The only thing I will come back if and ONLY if:

Guess?

Too bad the guys at Studio Pierrot would be too proud to admit they made a mistake with the franchise, Derock, and won't want to correct course in any way, shape, or form. Same with Kishimoto, since he just lost his way and doesn't give a damn about the series anymore. It's evident in how loose things are in Boruto, so why change course NOW if they didn't care to begin with (and by they, I mean Studio Pierrot)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users