92 replies to this topic

#61 SuperChief

SuperChief

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:13 AM

I've been writing a few stories so I'll see if I can post them by the deadline.

#62 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:18 PM

Due to the very small number of entries in the contest, I'm discussing what to do with the contest with the other mods.  We only have four fanfiction entries and no fanart entries, and that's a real worry.  :sad:

It's obvious that the Naruto "ending" mess has killed the motivation of a lot of artists and writers, and everyone is still having to deal with the fallout.  We're also hearing about the new movie being really, really bad.

I'm thinking about a final extension to early 2015, then we can see if everyone has recovered enough by then to be able to enjoy fanarts and fanfics again.  I'm also open to suggestions that may make the contest more appealing.

Hopefully we can update with more information very soon!  Please let me know what you all think!

#63 Khaleesi

Khaleesi

Mother of dragons

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

What if you let this open until it has enough entries? And when it happens you set a week to close the contest?

Just saying.

dumbo-pink-elephants-on-parade1.gif?w=50

queen-harley.tumblr.com

#64 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Okay, we will extend the contest to 31st January 2015... and we would like to adjust the focus of this contest!

So many of you have been burning to prove that you can write a better ending for Naruto than Kishimoto and Shonen Jump could, so here is an opportunity to show what you can do!

Draw or write the great scenes we all want; a confession, their dates, their dream jobs, their marriage, their children, their life together!  Let's end the manga the way we want to, we don't need to accept that badly-written ending and the retcon movie!

Let's give Naruto and Sakura the ending they truly deserve!

#65 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:35 AM

I'll give it a go.

#66 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:32 AM

I posted my version already. Is it too late to enter?

#67 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

NS is badly hurt can't make it canon, but at least I can make a better resolution not like that swallow resolution that Kishimoto will make. can I do that?

By way where are we going to put it in the same place?

Edited by Liu bie, 01 December 2014 - 03:50 AM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#68 JG111580

JG111580

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

I gave it my best shot by picking up the story around chapter 662, so it covers the entire conclusion to the story. 3 weeks, dozens of hours, a lot of lost sleep, and 63 typed pages later, and I think that I pulled it together alright. It includes the NaruSaku resolution that I have envisioned for a long time.This is the only fan fic that I will probably ever write, so I would really like to join the contest if possible. Please let me know how, and I will gladly submit it.  

#69 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

Not many entries... hmm, I know I wasn't sure I could make it cause of being tied down with work and school, but I guessing a majority lost something with that ending. Maybe I'll enter now just for the heck of it to help support the contest

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#70 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

now it's not a contest, it's about giving NS a true ending, does the dealine apply? (I might finish my last chapter by the end of the week)

#71 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

I may give it a shot, but I'll have to think of a new idea now, since my previous entry was going to be an AU. :sweat:

#72 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

now it's not a contest, it's about giving NS a true ending, does the dealine apply? (I might finish my last chapter by the end of the week)

It's still a contest.   :yes:

I may give it a shot, but I'll have to think of a new idea now, since my previous entry was going to be an AU. :sweat:

AU in what way?  The only things that would really be AU for this contest are NH and SS.  Anything NS will fly.

#73 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

AU in what way?  The only things that would really be AU for this contest are NH and SS.  Anything NS will fly.

Well, I was writing a sort of fantasy/folklore inspired one shot, because I wanted to try something a little different, but if the focus of the contest is now on basically rewriting the ending of the manga, I'll have to come up with something different.

#74 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

I think some of you might be misinterpreting Smiter's recent post.

He means that the contest entries are no longer limited to the prompts we had originally supplied for the contest.  People are encouraged to write anything NS -- to ignore the horrible ending and write anything that reflects a different future for them than the one they got.

To clarify:  Entries do not have to be a specific rewriting of the manga ending.  They can be about anything NS.  

Like Smiter said, your story can be about Naruto confessing, NS going on a date, their jobs as we envisioned them, their marriage, their children, anything and everything about their future and/or life together.

#75 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

^I see. Thank you for clearing that up. :happy:  I least now I know I won't have to agonize over thinking of a new idea, that's a relief.

#76 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

I'll be interested to see what you guys come up with. :-) As for me, what I have planned won't be finished until around the time we have a new President. :lmao: Love to see the fandom continue working though.

#77 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

ok for the contest but is it the same deadline which end yesterday or is there a new deadline ? and do I post like a fanfiction  link or the whole text? (ain't done yet anyway, but I'll tried finish it this week)

#78 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

but is it the same deadline which end yesterday or is there a new deadline ? and do I post like a fanfiction  link or the whole text? (ain't done yet anyway, but I'll tried finish it this week)

New deadline is 31 January 2015.

Fan fiction entries go here.  

#79 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Entries don't have to be one-shot, do they? They can be maybe the first chapter of a longer story?

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#80 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

New deadline is 31 January 2015.

Fan fiction entries go here.  

ok thank you