183 replies to this topic

#21 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, I think all Sasuke pairings just died right there (especially if Karin does end up dying herself). Though, I doubt she will die somehow, it'd be easy to make up some excuse on how she lived kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But wow, that page right before he does it...that was an awesome page. Insane, yet awesome.

#22 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Naruto is gonna need like training from Goku to take Sasuke on before too long. It's absurd really.

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:41 PM

With this the S/S fans will go crazy saying yay Karin is finally dead S/S will be canon S/S FTW! But I'm hoping Karin doesn't die like I said before Sakura and company can get there right after Sasuke and Madara leaves and she will be able to heal her.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 Guest_SS3 Goku_*

Guest_SS3 Goku_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 27 2010, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With this the S/S fans will go crazy saying yay Karin is finally dead S/S will be canon S/S FTW! But I'm hoping Karin doesn't die like I said before Sakura and company can get there right after Sasuke and Madara leaves and she will be able to heal her.

that is nothing but ignorence from there part there is no war SS will happen now sasuke is beond hope he would have to do a 180 in hi carricter

#25 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

It's official, guys... I WANT SASUKE TO DIE NOW!! All just to get his stupid revenge he kills Karin. He's nothing more than pathetic... and really, this isn't for Itachi, it's more for himself. Considering Sasuke's ALWAYS had hatred in his heart, and most of it was for Itachi, so I doubt he really is doing this for his clan's pride and honor OR for Itachi... he's just doing it for himself. If Karin lives, I hope she deserts Sasuke for his actions.

a**hole.

Bryon

#26 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

I'm with you on that one

----------------
Now playing: Skillet - One Day Too Late
via FoxyTunes

Edited by crazyefra, 27 January 2010 - 11:06 PM.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#27 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Well...Kishi said he will make Sasuke more evil...I reckon this is it...last pannel...Sasuke enters true darkness...sacrificed a friend for his revenge...even in part 1, he wouldn't have thought of doing that...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#28 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Jan 27 2010, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I think all Sasuke pairings just died right there (especially if Karin does end up dying herself). Though, I doubt she will die somehow, it'd be easy to make up some excuse on how she lived kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

But wow, that page right before he does it...that was an awesome page. Insane, yet awesome.

There's one Sasuke pairing that will never die. Sasuke/Hatred. Don't forget Sasuke/Revenge. If you add Sasuke/Hatred/Revenge then you have yourself a menage-a-trois.

But regarding the chapter:

Personally, I don't think Karin's dead, but her trust in Sasuke most definitely is after this chapter.

I'm more interested in finding out Madara's plans for Shushi's eye. Could be a translation thing, but what is he talking about when Madara is talking about the "roots"? Danzo's organization or something else entirely?
End of line.

#29 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Jan 27 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's one Sasuke pairing that will never die. Sasuke/Hatred. Don't forget Sasuke/Revenge. If you add Sasuke/Hatred/Revenge then you have yourself a menage-a-trois.

How could I forget his tru lubs? wow.png

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Karin was some kind of super-internal healer anyways. She'll probably be fine. However, I don't expect her to care about Sasuke after this. If she does, my opinion of her will only drop more.

Edited by Miss Soupy, 27 January 2010 - 11:22 PM.

#30 Faexylona

Faexylona

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:I like to read, write, and learn.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:26 PM

I don't really like Karin but that was cold. I am sure she is not dead.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."
- Forest Gump

#31 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (AchikaMiyu @ Jan 27 2010, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But regarding the chapter:

Personally, I don't think Karin's dead, but her trust in Sasuke most definitely is after this chapter.

I'm more interested in finding out Madara's plans for Shushi's eye. Could be a translation thing, but what is he talking about when Madara is talking about the "roots"? Danzo's organization or something else entirely?

He was talking about the roots from the arm that has the cells of the first hokage

----------------
Now playing: Yellowcard - Breathing
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona

Characters:

Pairings:

Characters:

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto

#32 Ralozin

Ralozin

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:37 PM

Eh, I know you guys say he said hold still so he could possibly just kill Danzou while doing something to save Karin, but I have a feeling that Sasuke just didn't want Danzou to move any...

#33 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

This manga sucks.

#34 Nawheetos

Nawheetos

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, the text on that last page 'Sasuke sacrifices Karin for revenge etc' - I don't see how Kishi could come back from that, and the crazy psycho looks/laughter, and go 'lol but he did care enough not to kill Karin actually!' Sasuke is cementing himself as villain material. I wasn't convinced by 'Sasuke could be final villain' before, but I'm beginning to believe it. After all, it would have more emotional impact.. I think it's a definite possibility now.

He said 'hold still Karin' - and then got an evil sadist psycho-grin on his face. Not the face of someone about to be careful or care if he hurts someone in the way. That's the kind of face that ought to go with 'kukukukuku' as he tricks her into being used to further his own goals without a care for her. And then the manic grin afterwards...

I'm no big Karin fan, but that last panel, the look on her face... that was really moving. The look of disbelief as the blood runs down her chin shamefulcry0js.gif
Disregarding the story, I hope Sakura turns up in time to heal her as she did with Hinata. That was too cruel..
QUOTE (Strangelove @ Jan 27 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well...Kishi said he will make Sasuke more evil...I reckon this is it...last pannel...Sasuke enters true darkness...sacrificed a friend for his revenge...even in part 1, he wouldn't have thought of doing that...
So, when he shoved a chidori through Naruto's chest, and then cracked his head against a rock... he wasn't thinking of killing him? Yeah, he didn't kill him in the end, but murdering someone who's unconscious feels a lot different to taking them on in a fight. He had every intention of killing Naruto in that fight.

#35 jinsterr

jinsterr

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:14 AM

Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist :'D

And this is my two cents on this chapter. Hurray.

#36 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:22 AM

Is it significant at all that the big scene where Karin is stabbed is from behind so the viewer doesn't exactly see who got stabbed where?

#37 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (jinsterr @ Jan 27 2010, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha sorry I couldn't resist :'D

And this is my two cents on this chapter. Hurray.

lol 111189.gif so funny

----------------
Now playing: Eminem - The Way I Am
via FoxyTunes
そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:

Characters:

Pairings:

Characters:

Pairings:

Characters:

#38 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Froot @ Jan 27 2010, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it significant at all that the big scene where Karin is stabbed is from behind so the viewer doesn't exactly see who got stabbed where?

That's the reason I don't think she's fatally wounded. It's used all the time in manga when the author wants to preserve dramatic tension.

But Karin started bleeding from the mouth after Sasuke used his Chidori spear, so she's received some kind of internal damage. Add on to the fact that she's now healed Sasuke twice in less than an hour, which we saw during the Kirabi fight took a lot of chakra, and her survival looks iffy.

#39 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

That was a freakin' Raito moment right there. I'm sooo gonna spam this picture.

I might even put it on a T-shirt wow.png

....Is it sadistic to be in absolute love with this picture?

@ Truffles

I thought so too. But I'm sure she can't be injured too terribly.

Ugh. I'm tired of all this uproar over the manga. I'm going to sleep, wake me up when Naruto and Sakura make smex.

Edited by Froot, 28 January 2010 - 12:37 AM.

#40 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Nawheetos @ Jan 27 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the text on that last page 'Sasuke sacrifices Karin for revenge etc' - I don't see how Kishi could come back from that, and the crazy psycho looks/laughter, and go 'lol but he did care enough not to kill Karin actually!' Sasuke is cementing himself as villain material. I wasn't convinced by 'Sasuke could be final villain' before, but I'm beginning to believe it. After all, it would have more emotional impact.. I think it's a definite possibility now.

He said 'hold still Karin' - and then got an evil sadist psycho-grin on his face. Not the face of someone about to be careful or care if he hurts someone in the way. That's the kind of face that ought to go with 'kukukukuku' as he tricks her into being used to further his own goals without a care for her. And then the manic grin afterwards...

I'm no big Karin fan, but that last panel, the look on her face... that was really moving. The look of disbelief as the blood runs down her chin shamefulcry0js.gif
Disregarding the story, I hope Sakura turns up in time to heal her as she did with Hinata. That was too cruel..
So, when he shoved a chidori through Naruto's chest, and then cracked his head against a rock... he wasn't thinking of killing him? Yeah, he didn't kill him in the end, but murdering someone who's unconscious feels a lot different to taking them on in a fight. He had every intention of killing Naruto in that fight.

I agree Karin is pretty much dead. I'm still not 100% sure if Danozu is dead the reason why is Madara brought up Shisui's eye can be sacrificed and used as another izanagi life up. Danzou could of used it as a last second split decision.

Edited by Uzumakikage, 28 January 2010 - 12:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users