58 replies to this topic

#41 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:17 PM

It a live action movie think dragonball evolution. They are going to find an arc they can do or the clipnotes version of the first part (with teenagers instead of preteen because kids can't act). Would not be surprise if instead of nH we get SNS instead.

#42 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

You know I don't mean this negatively, but just as a matter of fact. Somehow, Some way, this live action will be an even lower standard than the manga/anime which actually be surprising since the manga sank lower than the dirt in the earth and BURNED in the blazing infernal core. That is just how anime live action movies have always been. They either don't  adapt the source material properly, condense the source material that they DO adapt, and even with CGI the the fight scenes and special effects of superpowers or abilities don't measure up or are watered down. One such case being Rurouni Kenshin. Were the RK live action films good? I think so, but they don't do the source material justice in a lot of ways, and since they were portraying a more realistic setting with no supernatural elements at all in the fight scenes, it doesn't resemble the manga/anime fights very much does it. I mean Saito only has his regular Gatotsu with no variants, Kenshin's only named attack is his ultimate battoujutsu quick draw, and Shishio just sets his sword on fire with again no higher level technique than that. 

Ultimately my point is that live action anime films don't usually live up to the hype their anime/manga source material set, and I don't imagine Naruto will be different, despitie how low it sank. I'm quite sure this live action will be even worse than the manga/anime 

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 April 2018 - 11:48 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#43 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:13 AM

Except Naruto doesn't look Japanese.

Only stupid people were pissed off about the race stuff. Zuko was like indian, but he doesn't look Indian.

I kind of got into this years ago on the forum to the point where the debate went out of control, but let iterate that Zuko isn't technically supposed to be any earthly nationality, since he's from a fantasy world.

However, the Fire Nation clearly got their inspiration from Northern China and Japan. Shamalyan out of nowhere made the entire Fire Nation brown when they were pale-skinned in the original, and on top of that made Katara and Sokka, who were essentially Inuit, a bunch of white kids. It looked really suspicious to see all three protagonists white and the bad guys dark when the source material said otherwise. I'm willing to let studios take liberties in casting actors of different ethnicities IF they have good reason for it. 

Doesn't really matter anyway, since the Last Airbender movie was pure kitten, so in a way his casting was something of a saving grace.

Uh-huh, wait until they start working on the ending, because unless they actually have a brain and see something doesn't add up, they will cater to the ones that wanted the "canonical" pairings happening.

Something would have to change either way. If they want to stick with the canon pairings, they would have to give Hinata a bigger role (thereby conflicting with the Team 7 bonds and erasing the teases of NS) and make Sasuke less douchey to Sakura. NH and SS may eat that up, but other fans will point out how off they are from the source material. 

OR they could do a lose adaptation and make a different conclusion based on that. Then the youtube community will rage on how they changed the meaning of the series.

It's a no win situation. 

#44 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

I kind of got into this years ago on the forum to the point where the debate went out of control, but let iterate that Zuko isn't technically supposed to be any earthly nationality, since he's from a fantasy world.

However, the Fire Nation clearly got their inspiration from Northern China and Japan. Shamalyan out of nowhere made the entire Fire Nation brown when they were pale-skinned in the original, and on top of that made Katara and Sokka, who were essentially Inuit, a bunch of white kids. It looked really suspicious to see all three protagonists white and the bad guys dark when the source material said otherwise. I'm willing to let studios take liberties in casting actors of different ethnicities IF they have good reason for it. 

Doesn't really matter anyway, since the Last Airbender movie was pure kitten, so in a way his casting was something of a saving grace.

Something would have to change either way. If they want to stick with the canon pairings, they would have to give Hinata a bigger role (thereby conflicting with the Team 7 bonds and erasing the teases of NS) and make Sasuke less douchey to Sakura. NH and SS may eat that up, but other fans will point out how off they are from the source material. 

OR they could do a lose adaptation and make a different conclusion based on that. Then the youtube community will rage on how they changed the meaning of the series.

It's a no win situation. 

The thing is seeing that M Night is Indian it likely he liked Zuko and wanted that guy to play him. Grant that entire movie still sucked from what I've heard.

Like I said think Chi Chi in dragonball evolution. IE Naruto will have a crush on her from the start.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 April 2018 - 08:12 AM.

#45 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

Uh-huh, wait until they start working on the ending, because unless they actually have a brain and see something doesn't add up, they will cater to the ones that wanted the "canonical" pairings happening.

It's a no win situation. 

They couldn't cram the whole series into a single movie. So they'd have to pick a section of it - and the most cohesive part is the beginning through Pain arc. It's great and all encapsulated. Good characters, rising plot, great villains, suspense and a solid hero's journey. That's why it the world's most popular manga/franchise at that moment — not because of the war arc and pro-Hinata ending. So if they went for the Part 1/shippuden story, then yeah, I think it's a safe bet that it would be pro NaruSaku.

As for the ATLA movie, it was just sooooo disappointing. And I'm totally and M. Night Shyamalan fan. But it's like he just lost his way with this movie. The casting, the weird name pronounciations, and the fact that they had to basically narrate half the movie just to keep the pace moving along so fast. He did try to cram the whole first season into a single movie - and it didn't work. 

But the most accurate criticisim I remember was someone who said it was just a joyless film. and that was what made the series so awesome, that they were light-hearted, even in the face of the awful stuff. And none of that was in the movie. Sokka wasn't jokey, Aang was goofy and upbeat, Katara wasn't happily hopeful. Uncle Iroh didn't make stupid jokes to offset Zuko's angsty-ness. All that joyful stuff from the series was gone. 

So hopefully they won't make the same mistakes with a Naruto live-action movie.

#46 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

But the most accurate criticisim I remember was someone who said it was just a joyless film. and that was what made the series so awesome, that they were light-hearted, even in the face of the awful stuff. And none of that was in the movie. Sokka wasn't jokey, Aang was goofy and upbeat, Katara wasn't happily hopeful. Uncle Iroh didn't make stupid jokes to offset Zuko's angsty-ness. All that joyful stuff from the series was gone. 

No kidding about the ATLA movie, Tricksie-chan.

Though I got a bad feeling a live action Naruto movie isn't gonna do well. T_T

#47 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:56 PM

They couldn't cram the whole series into a single movie. So they'd have to pick a section of it - and the most cohesive part is the beginning through Pain arc. It's great and all encapsulated. Good characters, rising plot, great villains, suspense and a solid hero's journey. That's why it the world's most popular manga/franchise at that moment not because of the war arc and pro-Hinata ending. So if they went for the Part 1/shippuden story, then yeah, I think it's a safe bet that it would be pro NaruSaku.

As for the ATLA movie, it was just sooooo disappointing. And I'm totally and M. Night Shyamalan fan. But it's like he just lost his way with this movie. The casting, the weird name pronounciations, and the fact that they had to basically narrate half the movie just to keep the pace moving along so fast. He did try to cram the whole first season into a single movie - and it didn't work. 

I think the main problem with at least the actions scenes in The Last Air Bender and also Dragon Ball, is that they tried to make things ttoo realistic with the moves. They made the Kamehameha into a spiritual wind power thing that looked like crap. The same problem appeared in the Last Air Bender. If you want the power attacks to look right and real then you got to pour more money into the CGI to make it feel authentic and not fake.

Like you said Tricksie, they can't put the whole anime into the movie because the pacing would be all over the place. They?would jump through the timeline like crazy and nothing would make sense.

Edited by griff142, 17 April 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#48 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Live action anime movies have been very hit and miss with me both in terms of Japan and Hollywood.  Ruroni Kenshin Trilogy was great no faults there that I can recall. Attack on Titan ugh....  :sick:  What the hell were they drinking when production began? it was just awful.   Death Note same case thought the japanese ones were okay, but the english one wow just wow how disappointing. Only decent thing about the movie was Ryuk and even then I have some major problems with that as well. 

Recently though I came across the Gintama Live Action Film, and that movie was great i'd even argue amazing. The movie only covered the first major arc in the serious, and the way the executed it was just spectacular especially when you look at the nature of Gintama.  In terms of the live action Naruto film I could see them only covering the Land of Waves which was one of the better arcs in the series especially when you start everything off. 

The other thing they could do is go down the Tokyo Ghoul Live Action film route. Which I'm going to say right now is astounding and just downright impressive because they literally took the first 3 arcs of the manga and somehow made it seamlessly flow naturally I'm not joking when I say that. That's another route that the Naruto Live Action film could take like cover Lands of Waves to Chunin Exams which wow is alot to cover if you ask me. That would honestly be a lot to handle truthfully speaking. 

As far as the whole pairing thing goes I don't think it's going to change at all... If it at all it does I'll be really surprised. 

I will be honest though,  I think we should try to make like a Project of our own as in an Alternate Naruto fanmade series that say takes place around the point when Naruto looses Kurama to Madara Uchiha, and wakes back back up after Minato gives him his portion of Kurama's chakra. Avoid the whole reincarnation thing cause it was really unnecessary. The real final fight is between Team 7 and Madara Uchiha you could argue Obito steps in to help them, but Madara ultimately takes him out. Naruto doesn't call him the coolest guy ever, but goes like I don't forgive him for what he's done, but I can see where he was coming from, or something along those lines. Team 7 manages to seal Madara with the war coming to an end. The edo hokages give their parting words to Naruto, and we see a father son emotional hug, and a little reference to Naruto looking at Sakura when he mentions what his mother said saying "About finding the girl I like.." looking over at Sakura and back at Minato, "Well you already know, and tell her I've got it from here."  Minato nods, "Yeah I'll be sure to let her everything." After that, Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi agrees that it's time to dispell the Infinite Tsukiyomi. However, Sasuke doesn't agree with that declaring his revolution for his own personal needs. Sakura will make the decision right then and there "I've had it with you and your vendetta Sasuke, I'm done holding onto whatever hope I've been caring to see us as Team 7. It's gone Sasuke, and now I'll do whatever I can to stop you." Sasuke taunts her by calling her useless, and it causes Sakura to get ticked as both Sakura and Sasuke immediately  get into the skirmish fight. Sakura will try to take him down, but ultimately Sasuke will win the fight placing her in a genjustu stabbing her through the chest.   Thus, we get the final fight of the series between the two, but instead of going most powerful at the start it'll be a gradual build from kunais, to susanos, to kyubbi chakra, and then to Bijuu mode.  Sasuke will try to get the better hand against Naruto, but it'll be Sakura that steps in midway through the fight after having a self reflection about her life in the genjutsu state. This time it'll be both Naruto and Sakura that take down Sasuke, and ultimately they are able to do so. Sakura focuses on healing Naruto primiarily and ignores Sasuke, but Naruto tells her to do it for his sake. She's about to do so, and then Karin shows up to tend to Sasuke's wounds surprising the two of them.  Suigetsu and Jugo are standing above with Kakashi next to them stating that the team's back together.   Then we see how everything is going down with all the villages after the war, including the tailed beasts, Sasuke sitting in prison. Neji's funeral, and then the day Team 7 sees Sasuke and Team Taka off because Sasuke goes into Exile.  Sakura tells Sasuke that she can't forgive him for everything he's done, but she does wish him the best of luck. Naruto gives Sasuke the headband and a handshake. Kakashi heads back to his office as the new Hokage, meanwhile Naruto and Sakura walk back alone reflecting on the past mainly the bench they comes across from chapter 3 which is where Naruto finally reveals what happened and Sakura finds out it was Naruto with him kissing her forehead calling it beautiful.  Cut to the epilogue with Naruto's inauguration with everyone present to seeing him be appointed the seventh hokage. 

Something along those lines is how I pictured it,  what do you guys think? 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 16 April 2018 - 05:40 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#49 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

Live action anime movies have been very hit and miss with me both in terms of Japan and Hollywood.  Ruroni Kenshin Trilogy was great no faults there that I can recall. Attack on Titan ugh....  :sick:  What the hell were they drinking when production began? it was just awful.   Death Note same case thought the japanese ones were okay, but the english one wow just wow how disappointing. Only decent thing about the movie was Ryuk and even then I have some major problems with that as well. 

Recently though I came across the Gintama Live Action Film, and that movie was great i'd even argue amazing. The movie only covered the first major arc in the serious, and the way the executed it was just spectacular especially when you look at the nature of Gintama.  In terms of the live action Naruto film I could see them only covering the Land of Waves which was one of the better arcs in the series especially when you start everything off. 

The other thing they could do is go down the Tokyo Ghoul Live Action film route. Which I'm going to say right now is astounding and just downright impressive because they literally took the first 3 arcs of the manga and somehow made it seamlessly flow naturally I'm not joking when I say that. That's another route that the Naruto Live Action film could take like cover Lands of Waves to Chunin Exams which wow is alot to cover if you ask me. That would honestly be a lot to handle truthfully speaking. 

As far as the whole pairing thing goes I don't think it's going to change at all... If it at all it does I'll be really surprised. 

I will be honest though,  I think we should try to make like a Project of our own as in an Alternate Naruto fanmade series that say takes place around the point when Naruto looses Kurama to Madara Uchiha, and wakes back back up after Minato gives him his portion of Kurama's chakra. Avoid the whole reincarnation thing cause it was really unnecessary. The real final fight is between Team 7 and Madara Uchiha you could argue Obito steps in to help them, but Madara ultimately takes him out. Naruto doesn't call him the coolest guy ever, but goes like I don't forgive him for what he's done, but I can see where he was coming from, or something along those lines. Team 7 manages to seal Madara with the war coming to an end. The edo hokages give their parting words to Naruto, and we see a father son emotional hug, and a little reference to Naruto looking at Sakura when he mentions what his mother said saying "About finding the girl I like.." looking over at Sakura and back at Minato, "Well you already know, and tell her I've got it from here."  Minato nods, "Yeah I'll be sure to let her everything." After that, Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi agrees that it's time to dispell the Infinite Tsukiyomi. However, Sasuke doesn't agree with that declaring his revolution for his own personal needs. Sakura will make the decision right then and there "I've had it with you and your vendetta Sasuke, I'm done holding onto whatever hope I've been caring to see us as Team 7. It's gone Sasuke, and now I'll do whatever I can to stop you." Sasuke taunts her by calling her useless, and it causes Sakura to get ticked as both Sakura and Sasuke immediately  get into the skirmish fight. Sakura will try to take him down, but ultimately Sasuke will win the fight placing her in a genjustu stabbing her through the chest.   Thus, we get the final fight of the series between the two, but instead of going most powerful at the start it'll be a gradual build from kunais, to susanos, to kyubbi chakra, and then to Bijuu mode.  Sasuke will try to get the better hand against Naruto, but it'll be Sakura that steps in midway through the fight after having a self reflection about her life in the genjutsu state. This time it'll be both Naruto and Sakura that take down Sasuke, and ultimately they are able to do so. Sakura focuses on healing Naruto primiarily and ignores Sasuke, but Naruto tells her to do it for his sake. She's about to do so, and then Karin shows up to tend to Sasuke's wounds surprising the two of them.  Suigetsu and Jugo are standing above with Kakashi next to them stating that the team's back together.   Then we see how everything is going down with all the villages after the war, including the tailed beasts, Sasuke sitting in prison. Neji's funeral, and then the day Team 7 sees Sasuke and Team Taka off because Sasuke goes into Exile.  Sakura tells Sasuke that she can't forgive him for everything he's done, but she does wish him the best of luck. Naruto gives Sasuke the headband and a handshake. Kakashi heads back to his office as the new Hokage, meanwhile Naruto and Sakura walk back alone reflecting on the past mainly the bench they comes across from chapter 3 which is where Naruto finally reveals what happened and Sakura finds out it was Naruto with him kissing her forehead calling it beautiful.  Cut to the epilogue with Naruto's inauguration with everyone present to seeing him be appointed the seventh hokage. 

Something along those lines is how I pictured it,  what do you guys think? 

Adapting anime/manga is a new thing, so studios are still figuring out all the kinks. Comic book movies went through a similar phase before the MCU. 

If we're getting Naruto, I'd imagine we'd get no pairings personally. As I said, they could either change the source material to match the canon pairings, or follow the original story to make up a new ending. Since both would upset people, I'm opting for making the series about Team 7 as a whole and just disregarding the romance entirely.

Well, if you find people willing to work on this AU, hook me up with them. I'm trying to find artists for my reboot.

#50 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

Adapting anime/manga is a new thing, so studios are still figuring out all the kinks. Comic book movies went through a similar phase before the MCU. 

If we're getting Naruto, I'd imagine we'd get no pairings personally. As I said, they could either change the source material to match the canon pairings, or follow the original story to make up a new ending. Since both would upset people, I'm opting for making the series about Team 7 as a whole and just disregarding the romance entirely.

Well, if you find people willing to work on this AU, hook me up with them. I'm trying to find artists for my reboot.

That is very much true.  

I'd rather it also be about Team 7 as well and not focus on the romance side of things at all. Not sure if you've read Pandora Hearts, but the focus of the story is about three characters Oz, Alice, and Gilbert. To say the least there is romance in the series, but it's like 0.02% of the story.  I'd rather that's the kind of thing Naruto follows. 

in terms of the Au project... hold up I got an idea.  

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#51 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

No kidding about the ATLA movie, Tricksie-chan.

Though I got a bad feeling a live action Naruto movie isn't gonna do well. T_T

with how the franchise turned out, truth be told, were your expectations ever really that high? :hehehe:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#52 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

with how the franchise turned out, truth be told, were your expectations ever really that high? :hehehe:

Also the fact that how it turned out you can't really support it. Honestly this movie was doomed to fail from the start because alot of us will not watch it. Add on, that live action anime movies at least in the US kind of bomb so there is that.

#53 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:31 PM

I imagine that they will change Hinata as a character in the live action movie if they really want that adaptation. Like, she is now all of a sudden a shy, but well spoken fighter girl who just as a cute crush on Naruto and Naruto lightly grins at her off the side of his face. Sakura will either play a minor role or non at all....and Sasuke....Well, they will make it something really weird with him.

Although, it would be funny if they made NaruSaku canon in the movie. Again, not because I want it to happen, but just because I want to see the looks of the American fanbase.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#54 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

I imagine that they will change Hinata as a character in the live action movie if they really want that adaptation. Like, she is now all of a sudden a shy, but well spoken fighter girl who just as a cute crush on Naruto and Naruto lightly grins at her off the side of his face. Sakura will either play a minor role or non at all....and Sasuke....Well, they will make it something really weird with him.

Although, it would be funny if they made NaruSaku canon in the movie. Again, not because I want it to happen, but just because I want to see the looks of the American fanbase.

I said it before, and I'll said again. They won't cater to the actual work and lore unless they had the right brain and followed what had happened for the 15 year run before the The Last and New Generation projects tarnished the franchise. And if, and I mean IF, we got NaruSaku become canon in the live-action, it will be treated the same towards other manga/anime franchises that had live-action movies in the public's eyes. (I want to see the Kenshin movies though, heard they were good).

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#55 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:35 PM

I think there could be a case of dropping NaruHina. With these kinds of adaptations, there are always creative liberties taken in order to compress the plot. Maybe it takes a different turn from the source material, or the director expresses their own feelings towards the work or characters. The first two Japanese Death Note movies, for instance, went they way they did because the director thought Light was the bad guy while te TV drama gave more focus to L's moral ambiguity while making Light more of an everyman corrupted by the power he obtained.

Really gotta finish that TV series some day.

If the director does not like Hinata, he could change her character or keep her out of the picture. Though really, I would expect SP to demand she be pushed. But another thing is they want to condense the best stuff out of the story while NaruHina has proven to be spectacularly unpopular with Naruto fans in Japan. It's kinda unusual how SP used American fans to push NaruHina since Japanese companies mostly focus on the Japanese reception rather than international. Just look at how Metroid was screwed over to make it more appealing in it's home country to get what I mean. If NaruSaku is more supported in Japan, they could use the movie to make a timeline pandering to that ship.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#56 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:31 AM

I think there could be a case of dropping NaruHina. With these kinds of adaptations, there are always creative liberties taken in order to compress the plot. Maybe it takes a different turn from the source material, or the director expresses their own feelings towards the work or characters. The first two Japanese Death Note movies, for instance, went they way they did because the director thought Light was the bad guy while te TV drama gave more focus to L's moral ambiguity while making Light more of an everyman corrupted by the power he obtained.

If the director does not like Hinata, he could change her character or keep her out of the picture. Though really, I would expect SP to demand she be pushed. But another thing is they want to condense the best stuff out of the story while NaruHina has proven to be spectacularly unpopular with Naruto fans in Japan. It's kinda unusual how SP used American fans to push NaruHina since Japanese companies mostly focus on the Japanese reception rather than international. Just look at how Metroid was screwed over to make it more appealing in it's home country to get what I mean. If NaruSaku is more supported in Japan, they could use the movie to make a timeline pandering to that ship.

Like I said I wouldn't be surprise if they made the live adaptation have SNS instead. They already have a lot of background and story from the manga alone, and a homosexual couples in a kid show pleases progressives in hollywood like nothing else.

#57 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:14 AM

hi i just wanted to share this update about what is going on with the live action movie: http://collider.com/...sashi-kishimoto

Kishi is a genius :zaru:

It's a strech.

Live action Naruto could follow Sam Raimi Spiderman trilogi or Harry Potter adaptation.

One have more liberal creativity and the other follow the source materi as Faith fully as possible.

#58 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Look at how much they changed in the Dragonball Evolution movie. It looked more like a horrible Dragonball fanfiction of them going to high school. I can see this happening with Naruto.

Naruto Evolution: The movie.

The main villain is Orochimaru, but he looks like a scientist in an American laboratory experimenting with DNA and cloning trying to get funding for his process, but he can't because the board think it is unethical. He looks through a book of ancient Japanese lore of giants beasts with massive tails of great power. He wants to find these beasts and use them for his experiments to gain power. Naruto is a high school student who just transferred and is picked on and bullied every day. Sasuke was the popular kid in school who all the girls loved. Sakura is that stereptypical high school popular girl who picks on other girls for looking at her man Sasuke. Naruto and Sauske bump into each other in the hall and share this familiarity with him. Soon, Sasuke and Naruto talk and begin this "friendship." Sakura gets jealous and tells Naruto to stay away from Sasuke. Naruto hates school. He can't stand being picked on and then this shy Chinese girl notices him. She is standing by the locker and stares at him. Naruto turns to look at her, but she ducks away behind her locker and hopes Naruto didn't notice her staring. Naruto goes about his day until he starts to have nights of a giant talking fox. He wakes up in a cold sweat and realizes that something is wrong. He gets up and walks to a piece of paper on his desk that read. "Naruto Uzumaki. Age: 16. Parents: Dead. Orphaned." and blah blah blah.

The next day at School, he meets a strange character on the track field wearing green track suit. "Hi, I am Rock Lee. You must be the new kid in school." "Naruto Uzumaki. What are you doing?" Rock Lee shows how he is a hyper aggressive athlete trying to make it to the big league. He was scrawny and picked on too. So he decided to do something about it byt training until he overcame his issues. A big scene of Naruto taking in advice and a new friend. Naruto takes this to heart and starts becoming better and not being bullied by fighting back and using his knuckle-headedness as a gift. One day, he accidentaly burns a student with a power that resonated within him. Sasuke notices this and talks to him asking him what the hell was that. Naruto doesn't know so Sasuke takes him to his place and shows him his family book about their ancestry. How they used to be controllers of these tailed beasts and how they had the "powerful eye" that could lock them in. Naruto is intrigued until they hear a sound and Sakura trips and falls at the doorstep. They go out to meet her and she is there say "Oh Hi, I just wanted to bring Sasuke some delicious food I made." Sasuke sighs and goes back to the book. Naruto is kind to her. "Oh well, thank you. Want to come in?" Sakura gives a puzzled look and says "Okay." They look more into these mythical powers and begin to have a montage to train. Sakura finds she can punch hard. Sasuke begins to unlock his eye and Naruto discovers he has a fire cloak that increases all his abilities. He is still having dreams about this "fox demon" and recognizes it in the book. Sasuke explains that that is Kurama...the strongest of all the tailed beasts. Almost uncontrollable albeit to the most powerful of people. (The other tailed beast are just pictures. Oh and for a stupid reference, the book is written by a man named "Yamato Sai. A Japanese archiologist and scientist in Japanese ancient history.")

Orochimaru finds out about Sasuke and Naruto and begin to devises a plan to take both. He sets up this whole scheme with convuluted and stupid plot devices that end up trapping Naruto and Sasuke. He begins to try to extract the powers when Sakura comes in and saves the day. Orochimaru won't admit defeat so he turns into a giant horribly CGI'd snake. Sasuke says he has a plan and uses his new eye on Naruto which unlocks the Kurama inside of him. Sasuke explains that he knew all along that Naruto was Kurama and that his parents captured the beast and put it inside of him. Sasuke uses his eye so Naruto can talk to the beast and Naruto makes a deal with him that he can be set free if he helps fight. "Kurama....I've come to bargain." (sorry, bad joke.) Naruto transforms into the tailed beast and fights orochimaru. Convulted fight later, they win and Orochimaru is killed....OR IS HE? Afterwords Naruto talks with Kurama and Kurama says "You know, I am going to stay with you for a while. You might entertain me."

The next day Naruto and Sasuke are friends, Sakura still annoys Sasuke, and Naruto walks over to Hinata. He says Hi, She says "Hi, I am Hinata. Hinata Hyuga." Naruto smiles and says "I am Naruto Uzumaki....believe it."

Roll credits.

That is how this stupid movie will go and yet, somehow, this is still a better movie than Naruto the Last.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 28 May 2018 - 08:11 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#59 griff142

griff142

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:29 PM

Look at how much they changed in the Dragonball Evolution movie. It looked more like a horrible Dragonball fanfiction of them going to high school. I can see this happening with Naruto.
Naruto Evolution: The movie.
The main villain is Orochimaru, but he looks like a scientist in an American laboratory experimenting with DNA and cloning trying to get funding for his process, but he can't because the board think it is unethical. He looks through a book of ancient Japanese lore of giants beats with massive tails of great power. He wants to find these beats and use them for his experiments to gain power. Naruto is a high school student who just transferred and is picked on and bullied every day. Sasuke was the popular kid in school who all the girls loved. Sakura is that stereptypical high school popular girl who picks on other girls for looking at her man Sasuke. Naruto and Sauske bump into each other in the hall and share this familiarity with him. Soon, Sasuke and Naruto talk and begin this "friendship." Sakura gets jealous and tells Naruto to stay away from Sasuke. Naruto hates school. He can't stand being picked on and then this shy Chinese girl notices him. She is standing by the locker and stares at him. Naruto turns to look at her, but she ducks away behind her locker and hopes Naruto didn't notice her staring. Naruto goes about his day until he starts to have nights of a giant talking fox. He wakes up in a cold sweat and realizes that something is wrong. He gets up and walks to a piece of paper on his desk that read. "Naruto Uzumaki. Age: 16. Parents: Dead. Orphaned." and blah blah blah.
The next day at School, he meets a strange character on the track field wearing green track suit. "Hi, I am Rock Lee. You must be the new kid in school." "Naruto Uzumaki. What are you doing?" Rock Lee shows how he is a hyper aggressive athlete trying to make it to the big league. He was scrawny and picked on too. So he decided to do something about it byt training until he overcame his issues. A big scene of Naruto taking in advice and a new friend. Naruto takes this to heart and starts becoming better and not being bullied by fighting back and using his knuckle-headedness as a gift. One day, he accidentaly burns a student with a power that resonated within him. Sasuke notices this and talks to him asking him what the hell was that. Naruto doesn't know so Sasuke takes him to his place and shows him his family book about their ancestry. How they used to be controllers of these tailed beasts and how they had the "powerful eye" that could lock them in. Naruto is intrigued until they hear a sound and Sakura trips and falls at the doorstep. They go out to meet her and she is there say "Oh Hi, I just wanted to bring Sasuke some delicious food I made." Sasuke sighs and goes back to the book. Naruto is kind to her. "Oh well, thank you. Want to come in?" Sakura gives a puzzled look and says "Okay." They look more into these mythical powers and begin to have a montage to train. Sakura finds she can punch hard. Sasuke begins to unlock his eye and Naruto discovers he has a fire cloak that increases all his abilities. He is still having dreams about this "fox demon" and recognizes it in the book. Sasuke explains that that is Kurama...the strongest of all the tailed beasts. Almost uncontrollable albeit to the most powerful of people. (The other tailed beast are just pictures. Oh and for a stupid reference, the book is written by a man named "Yamato Sai. A Japanese archiologist and scientist in Japanese ancient history.")
Orochimaru finds out about Sasuke and Naruto and begin to devises a plan to take both. He sets up this whole scheme with convuluted and stupid plot devices that end up trapping Naruto and Sasuke. He begins to try to extract the powers when Sakura comes in and saves the day. Orochimaru won't admit defeat so he turns into a giant horribly CGI'd snake. Sasuke says he has a plan and uses his new eye on Naruto which unlocks the Kurama inside of him. Sasuke explains that he knew all along that Naruto was Kurama and that his parents captured the beast and put it inside of him. Sasuke uses his eye so Naruto can talk to the beast and Naruto makes a deal with him that he can be set free if he helps fight. "Kurama....I've come to bargain." (sorry, bad joke.) Naruto transforms into the tailed beast and fights orochimaru. Convulted fight later, they win and Orochimaru is killed....OR IS HE? Afterwords Naruto talks with Kurama and Kurama says "You know, I am going to stay with you for a while. You might entertain me."
The next day Naruto and Sasuke are friends, Sakura still annoys Sasuke, and Naruto walks over to Hinata. He says Hi, She says "Hi, I am Hinata. Hinata Hyuga." Naruto smiles and says "I am Naruto Uzumaki....believe it."
Roll credits.
That is how this stupid movie will go and yet, somehow, this is still a better movie than Naruto the Last.

Dude, I lost some brain cells just for thinking that the script could be a possibility. If the script is anything like you said , they should scrap the whole project and jusr forget about it because it will fail. I think it will fail no matter what they put out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users