Would You????

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 Coach McGurk

Coach McGurk

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading, sleeping, and walking......all vague and non-revealing.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

So, for no particular reason, I have decided to ask a simple question to test the very foundation of your beliefs. If Kishi were to pair Naruto with Hinata, would you stop reading the manga??

And to Clarify, I dont mean, she wakes up, he walks up to her, they start making out, and the next issue, Hinata is pregnant. I mean, is he actually developed thier relationship over the course of an arc or two?

Just curtious.

#2 Valor Grim

Valor Grim

Hero

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Anime. Soccer (playing, not watching). Writing. Japanese.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

I don't think I would stop reading the manga, but only because I want to see Naruto fufill his dreams. He worked hard for everything he has gotten so far. I want to see him succeed. That is NOT to say that I would be happy about it. NaruHina is not something that I am happy about. Her shy girl thing, paired with Naruto's brashness would not mix well anyway. That's my two cents worth.

#3 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:50 PM

If they work as teammates and develop a bond and form development with one another it be fine with me. Not like it would effect the overall story.

#4 Kakebun-kun

Kakebun-kun

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Girls, Manga. <br /><br />The only three things you'll need in life.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

I wouldn't stop reading it, since I'd wanna see to the end of Naruto, but, I'd always have to keep a tissue box and a bucket close by. xD

NaruSaku Is Yondaime Approved.

|Fanfiction|

#5 Valor Grim

Valor Grim

Hero

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:17 AM

I think I would hunt Kishi down and murder him in his sleep... smack.gif

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Valor Grim @ Apr 21 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I would hunt Kishi down and murder him in his sleep... smack.gif

Watch what you say there.

Anyways, even if NaruHina becomes IT (which I know it won't), I just ignore it and continue reading until the end of the series. And as much as it won't have that much effect on the overall story, I will stay til the end.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Valor Grim

Valor Grim

Hero

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

Sorry, I was just joking. I'll try to be a bit more careful in what I say.

But I do agree, NaruHina would not be a good enough reason to totally abandon Naruto.

#8 Onionhead Attacks

Onionhead Attacks

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, eating, and sleeping =]

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Valor Grim @ Apr 21 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I would stop reading the manga, but only because I want to see Naruto fufill his dreams. He worked hard for everything he has gotten so far. I want to see him succeed. That is NOT to say that I would be happy about it. NaruHina is not something that I am happy about. Her shy girl thing, paired with Naruto's brashness would not mix well anyway. That's my two cents worth.

Pretty much what he said. Plus if I really like something I'd stick around just to see how it ends. So unless something majorly upsetting happens (not that NaruHina isn't) I'll stick around.

Fanfiction.net C2: Heaven & Earth: A NaruSaku Library

ns-believe.jpg
Colored by me

#9 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:24 PM

I'll stick around too but I wont like it.

#10 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

Simply put, I didn't start reading this manga for NaruSaku, and I didn't stick around because I thought NaruSaku was the pairing closest to canon.

I'd be disappointed, and I'd think Kishimoto did a bad job in developing NaruHina if his intent was making it canon all along, but I'd keep reading.

And MOST DEFINITELY, I wouldn't take it personally.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#11 Coach McGurk

Coach McGurk

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading, sleeping, and walking......all vague and non-revealing.

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Apr 22 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Simply put, I didn't start reading this manga for NaruSaku, and I didn't stick around because I thought NaruSaku was the pairing closest to canon.

I'd be disappointed, and I'd think Kishimoto did a bad job in developing NaruHina if his intent was making it canon all along, but I'd keep reading.

And MOST DEFINITELY, I wouldn't take it personally.

I'd have to agree with you about taking the thing personally. I honestly dont think that Kishi's taking fan suggestions when writing his story. And while I won't stop reading the manga if it happens, I would question Kishi's writing method. Why throw away almost 400 issues of basically non-interaction, to turn a complete 180.

The only way that this pairing would stop me from reading the manga, is if they got together on the strength of this lone standing confession. To me that would seem like Kishi's giving up on the manga, and that its going to be over soon anyways.

Just my thoughts though.

#12 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Valor Grim @ Apr 21 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, I was just joking. I'll try to be a bit more careful in what I say.

But I do agree, NaruHina would not be a good enough reason to totally abandon Naruto.

(Lol i told you to watch your words biggrin.gif People here are strict with thing here)

As for what i would do I would continue to read the manga and mentally skip anything NaruHina related. Sure my respect for Kishi might fall a bit for the unrealism of NaruHina but i'll bear it, skip the NaruHina portions, and see where kishimoto takes the series.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#13 Valor Grim

Valor Grim

Hero

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (zman170 @ Apr 22 2009, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Lol i told you to watch your words biggrin.gif People here are strict with thing here)

No joke! I was freaking out when Derok said something!

I also doubt that kishi will give up naruto so soon. I mean, Naruto still has to become hokage, some of the akatski is still alive, Sasuke isn't back yet (or dead. I don't know where kishi is going with that one...) Just to name a few loose ends.

#14 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 04:30 AM

My main love with always be Narusaku... However...

If the development is there, and reasoning is there, I can see myself becoming tollerant of naruhina.

One of the main reasons I hate Naruhina, is because I dont see it. Not in its 400 something chapters, but if it developes, like NaruSaku has, then maybe, Ill grin and bear it.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#15 NuclearRaven

NuclearRaven

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Sports, Video games, and band.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

I would like to think I would keep reading the manga but in reality I most likely will stop reading. If my pairing doesn't happen it would just rip my heart out! I still haven't recovered from the whole Digimon debacle where Sora ended up with Matt.
Spock it, lock it, rocket, explode it, reload it.

#16 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 24 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Should NH become canon then my total respect for Kishi will fall dramatically since their development is poor and I do by all means POOR AFTER 400 SOMETHING CHAPTERS!!! th_cussing.gif If he wanted NH from the gecko then he should have started from the chunin exams and give Hinata more active role, you know something similar to Shikamaru.

This is why I am for NS because they are the most logical pairing and actually if you examine them closely from ch. 3 - ch.445, you find their feelings are purely mutual. Also it goes right into story and it won't have such an affect since was practically only a matter of time. Kakashi, Konohamaru, Sasuke, Yamato, & Sai (in that order) happen to catch that possibility. Plus aren't Team 7 are suppose to succeed where the sanin had failed? headscratch.gif Therefore NS romance could be one of the key factors!

As much NH pains me, I will continue reading the manga (only to see how it ends)!
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#17 FDEL

FDEL

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:02 PM

If that happens, then I will consider Naruto having failed its romance aspect. The reason why I'm quite against NaruHina is because Hinata reminds me of those female characters who appear so often in bad fanfiction, you know, the female characters whose only existence is to love a male character, and if you take that away then their character depth is gone.

But I wouldn't stop reading, since romance isn't the only aspect that makes the manga interesting.

#18 naruto-sama

naruto-sama

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Games, NaruSaku, HHr, Coffee xD

Posted 24 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

well... I'm a Narusaku fan, but Naruto is a shounen manga, so the romance is no gonna be the main focus of the series (the pairings will not make much difference). If Naruhina became canon i'll be disappointed for sure but i won't stop reading the manga if it happens.

#19 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:33 PM

I'd still read the series. Nothing will stop NaruSaku fics from being written, much like the HHr fics in the Harry Potter fandom. If anything, they're even more widespread. Zutara is another one.

So no, I'll still read it. Will I be disappointed? Yeah. But it won't keep me from enjoying the overall story.

#20 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

I would continue to read the story but i wouldn't like it. If by some crazed reason Kishimoto makes NaruHina canon, i would really hope that it didn't happen till the end or was rarly mentioned, because i would probably have difficulty reading it with NaruHina popping up everywhere. sleep.gif

Get Chance and Luck!!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users