Close
Photo

Grace's Blog!

• Please log in to reply
1199 replies to this topic

#81 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

Ugh, my head's in circles.

Spent most of the day over-speculating on a few different topics, as well as brushing up on my French basics since I'm signed up to re-take French1 this coming semester.

I'm gonna enjoy it, though, I can guarantee that much. I loved learning French in high school, and only dropped it after the second year because I was sick of the teacher. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up again as easily and enjoy it enough again to continue it.

And then maybe I'll try for Italian! =D

I've already done two years of French, one year of Spanish, one semester of Japanese.... I'd love to continue Japanese, but... As awesome as Sensei was, the way he tried teaching us really didn't suit me. I don't remember half of what he taught us except for the absolute basics and a few things I've picked up here and there from anime.... Maybe when I get to a four-year school or something. *shrug*

Video for you! This one's not NaruSaku (omfg.gif) but it's good all the same. I love Rowan Atkinson, so I shall force him upon you all mwahaha.gif

#82 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

Cute and Fuzzy. Deadly too.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:55 PM

If you love him so much, then I assume you know what Black Adder is? (Here's a hint, BBC)

#83 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 30 2010, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you love him so much, then I assume you know what Black Adder is? (Here's a hint, BBC)

AFBVBKJVJBVS I LOVE BLACKADDER.

I've seen every season! My favorite was definitely the second season where he was Lord Edmund Blackadder, though the third season with Hugh Laurie as Prince George was a veeeeeeeery close second <3

Do you watch BBC in general, or just know about this show? I'll admit I don't watch too much of the current stuff, but I love some of the older shows.

Edited by Kushina, 30 July 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#84 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:08 AM

Well, the reason I know about black adder was because my dad used to be renting B.A. seasons from Netflix (This was back when it was fairly new) all the time. I remember I usually watched them with him, and from that (And Monty Python, he used to rent that too) I think I've formed a pretty good summary of British humor. Lots of transvestites. 111189.gif

I don't really watch it in general, I've just seen it from my dad renting stuff like I said before. Although, I have to admit that it is a bit funny that BBCA even exists. heheelq7.png

#85 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 30 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the reason I know about black adder was because my dad used to be renting B.A. seasons from Netflix (This was back when it was fairly new) all the time. I remember I usually watched them with him, and from that (And Monty Python, he used to rent that too) I think I've formed a pretty good summary of British humor. Lots of transvestites. 111189.gif

I don't really watch it in general, I've just seen it from my dad renting stuff like I said before. Although, I have to admit that it is a bit funny that BBCA even exists. heheelq7.png

LOL

I'd rather say that British humor relies heavily on intelligent prat-falls, but transvestites work too XD

Yeah, having an American version of the BBC is pretty ironic, but I like watching some of the talk-shows, Top Gear, and the re-runs they play of classics like Keeping Up Appearances, etc.

#86 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:19 AM

I saw this one video BBC made as an april fools joke, it's hilarious!

You'd think someone would have noticed a flock of penguins flying to south america sooner! tongue.gif

#87 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (TheBerserkMoogle @ Jul 30 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw this one video BBC made as an april fools joke, it's hilarious!

You'd think someone would have noticed a flock of penguins flying to south america sooner! tongue.gif

That is amazing! I'm gullible enough that if I'd seen that on TV I might have believed it<------Stupid person is present.

#88 TheBerserkMoogle

TheBerserkMoogle

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

Well, if you look closely you can tell it's animated. tongue.gif

#89 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jul 30 2010, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ugh, my head's in circles.

Spent most of the day over-speculating on a few different topics, as well as brushing up on my French basics since I'm signed up to re-take French1 this coming semester.

I'm gonna enjoy it, though, I can guarantee that much. I loved learning French in high school, and only dropped it after the second year because I was sick of the teacher.

GAWWWWWD FRENCH! I took French in HS too! Mon nom est Austin. Comment fais-tu? Comment aimez-vous le fromage? Trop Stinky peut-être?
That's about all I remember sweatdrop.gif Well maybe a few other basic things but the one thing I remember above all else is CONJUGATING! I HATE conjugating!!!!!! I had to write the conjugations for each verb like 20 times every day in that class shamefulcry0js.gif

JLHza2T.png

#90 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (Muffins? @ Jul 30 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GAWWWWWD FRENCH! I took French in HS too! Mon nom est Austin. Comment fais-tu? Comment aimez-vous le fromage? Trop Stinky peut-être?
That's about all I remember sweatdrop.gif Well maybe a few other basic things but the one thing I remember above all else is CONJUGATING! I HATE conjugating!!!!!! I had to write the conjugations for each verb like 20 times every day in that class shamefulcry0js.gif

Eeeh, not gonna try answering in French, but I think you're asking what sort of things I like to do, what sort of cheese I like, and that it can be too stinky? XD

I so need to brush up on these things... I actually didn't have too hard a time conjugating, but then I think I stopped taking French just before we got into the really complex stuff.

In other news today--

I just watched the clips for the 4th Naruto Shippuuden movie posted over in the thread for it, and..... I feel like a picky brat, but I have things I already wanna moan over XD;;

Well, not all of it is complaining, but a couple of things I noticed: young Kakashi sounds kind of like a younger, calmer Naruto; and they made up another stupid female character that has some issue only Naruto can help solve. Even from the few clips I saw, I knew her being around would bug me.

Though, like most of the people here, I was happy to see that the animators through in some Sakura getting all worked up over Naruto disappearing. I mean, I know she just saw him disappear into a flash of weird purple light, but those tears sure showed up quick. And the scream of his name? It's like the animators finally feel like being nice to NaruSaku shippers wow.png

Now for some seriousness: my mom's staying over night in the hospital because of pneumonia. It started a few days ago, when she came home feeling fine and was hacking her lungs up by the end of the night. She's been on the couch or in bed for the last week, feeling miserable, so we finally took her in to be checked out. Hopefully they'll give her something to help deal with the coughing and fever....

Your video for the evening:

#91 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hai, Kushina~ I took a look at ur blog and I gotta say it's amazin'!!! You are a great person, 4 real~ AAAND MR.ATKINSON KICKS A**

#92 Michi

Michi

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:19 AM

*GASP*

I hope your mom will get better ;~;

Don't worry...I'll pray for you & your mom (:

aeb83504-2ae7-426f-b3d0-4fb11dcfd84b_zps

pfeffersteak.tumblr.com

#93 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:42 AM

Oh no, that's not good to hear, hope your mother gets better, we'll pray for her. smile.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#94 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

Oh geez, now I feel like a heel for not paying attention to my own blog.

Thank all of you that wished my mom the best! She spent about two and a half weeks in the hospital, but was finally let go. She's all dandy now, though her immune system will probably never be as good as it was before the pneumonia.

In other fantastic news....

My mom and her cousin are taking me to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday!!! This is...it's going to be amazing--love them heaps for doing this for me.

And to add to the coolness: the cousin, Sherry, said she'll pay for all of us to go see a show while we're there, and she's willing to pay for some fancy seats.

Do you know what's playing the weekend we're going? Do you??

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!

The show I've been dying to see ever since I was fourteen years old, the ultimate dream for this dorky musical lover!

I.....I'm so freaking stoked; I haven't been this excited about a trip since my trip to London nearly four years ago.

.....this is going to sound so corny, but I feel so blessed to be able to experience these kinds of things--especially all in the first two decades of my life! I mean, it's not like my family is made of money...and I know most of my friends certainly didn't get a trip to freakin' Vegas for their 21st birthday....

GODDAMMIT, why isn't it May yet?! shamefulcry0js.gif

In other, other news...

I've been addicted to Spice and Wolf recently--one of the most awesome anime I've ever seen. Which is weird because it's about economics of all things.
But the characters are so fun, and the animation is so pretty, and the music!!! Oh the music <333
And of course, Lawrence and Horo <333333

My video for you today; I haven't been able to stop watching this ever since I found it last night:

#95 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:12 AM

.......eh?

I'm confused.... I told my mum about Phantom of the Opera--which she knows I've been dying to see--and she gave me a very half-hearted, "If you're sure that's what you wanna do...." for an answer.

.......Mum, what's the deal? Do you not wanna see it? Now I'm torn! I mean...I don't wanna make her go see a show she doesn't wanna see, but it's my birthday and this show has been one of my dreams....

Aw man now I'm running in circles DX

I mean, there are other shows I wouldn't mind seeing, but when would I get another chance to go see Phantom?

Be selfish, please myself...
Be selfless, please my mom....
It's my birthday!
She's paying for it....
But she likes musicals too!
But then what was with her reaction....

.......geez this sucks! arg.gif

#96 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

I would go see phantom of the opera fer sure. I mean it's your birthday and everyone has to be selfish sometimes. Other then that just remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. ;P

JLHza2T.png

#97 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:09 AM

I guess so.... I asked her how she felt about seeing it, and she plainly told me she wasn't really interested. The way she answered, too, makes me think she's going to try and sway me into seeing something else >>;;

I'm not very good at being selfish in situations like this; I mean....how am I supposed to be a brat and say, "Well it's MY birthday!", when they're paying for everything else?

As for "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", I'll keep that readily in mind.

After all, I'm going for my 21st birthday; what better place to practice drinking then Vegas? XD

#98 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Kushina @ Jan 6 2011, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess so.... I asked her how she felt about seeing it, and she plainly told me she wasn't really interested. The way she answered, too, makes me think she's going to try and sway me into seeing something else >>;;

I'm not very good at being selfish in situations like this; I mean....how am I supposed to be a brat and say, "Well it's MY birthday!", when they're paying for everything else?

As for "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", I'll keep that readily in mind.

After all, I'm going for my 21st birthday; what better place to practice drinking then Vegas? XD

I think the thing about Phantom is that the reaction has always been mixed of yays and nays even from musical lovers. Those who loves it says that the show is very deep and moving while those with nays tend to say that its too long and boring (Which is understandable considering the story is at least 3 centuries old)

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#99 Grace

Grace

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

@Lightning-- Really? I've only ever heard musical lovers praising it... I'll ask her if there's any specific reason she's not interested.

As for the story being old....does that really hold much sway? Although I have heard plenty of people give the book thumbs down.... Personally, I loved it. The last pages made me especially sad ;______;

#100 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Phantom of the Opera<3 I want to see it in theater one day too... One of my friends saw it and loved it.

Sadly, I've only ever seen the movie, but I do love the soundtrack!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users