85 replies to this topic

#41 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Till now, we don't see Sasuke being responsible for the family matters. Sakura is the sole provider. No house and loans are piled up.

And we're supposed to believe SS is NOT toxic, why? :confused:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 12 August 2017 - 11:06 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#42 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

And we're supposed to believe SS is NOT toxic, why? :confused:

It's clear as the noon day sun that SS is negative and weak taking it all together.

#43 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

"I NEED me a man who wouldn't give two kittens about me or the well being of my child for 12 years straight, YES." --- said no one ever.

Stevie Wonder could even see how messed up SS is, don't kid yourself.

#44 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:42 AM

It's not SS that's messed up really, it's Sasuke that's messed up. His Trauma, his experiences, really leave him morally messed up, something he has to work with for the rest of his life. It's why you see the family dynamic you see, or sort of the lack of, because of it. Sure, once his mission is over, it might change, but that's what you see. It's not Toxic, it's what it is, really. That's why it's interesting. Like, I don't ship any of the canon pairings, but SS is the most interesting, because they're not normal, and they have that sort of angle.  

Yes, it's what it is. A man who doesn't care much of his family and a woman who is stuck with her feelings for a non-caring man and has to deal alone with the hardships of her family.

SS is interesting for Family Healthcare and Family Child Care associations.

#45 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

Yes, it's what it is. A man who doesn't care much of his family and a woman who is stuck with her feelings for a non-caring man and has to deal alone with the hardships of her family.

Imao, dead XD

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#46 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

There's no reason to infer that Sasuke doesn't care, particular since he does save his family?

Sasuke doesn't go to see them when he reports to Naruto which he can visit his family for two and a half minutes for a cup of tea. He doesn't help Sakura with the livelihoods of the family. He doesn't go and meet his daughter that he has never seen.

Sasuke doesn't do what he's capable of doing. Family Training Centers would definitely welcome him.

#47 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:57 AM

Sasuke doesn't go to see them when he reports to Naruto which he can visit his family for two and a half minutes for a cup of tea. He doesn't help Sakura with the livelihoods of the family. He doesn't go and meet his daughter that he has never seen.

Sasuke doesn't do what he's capable of doing. Family Training Centers would definitely welcome him.

Damn! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Child support will be after him though. And Sakura, on welfare and on section 8! :facepalm:

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#48 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

There's no reason to infer that Sasuke doesn't care, particular since he does save his family? 

For God's sake: he pulled his sword towards his daughter when he met her for the first time in years. Cause nothing screams "I love you, I missed you & I'm so sorry" quite like that.

Again: one moment of kindness does not erase how he's thought about her for half his life, sis... He still left after he saved them too, like wow.

It's not SS that's messed up really, it's Sasuke that's messed up. His Trauma, his experiences, really leave him morally messed up, something he has to work with for the rest of his life. It's why you see the family dynamic you see, or sort of the lack of, because of it. Sure, once his mission is over, it might change, but that's what you see. It's not Toxic, it's what it is, really. That's why it's interesting. Like, I don't ship any of the canon pairings, but SS is the most interesting, because they're not normal, and they have that sort of angle.  

Then where was Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, and the rest of his Konoha friends to help ease that pain? Why is he alone still? Why? Must he work it out himself still?

Then he hasn't changed; he still hasn't accepted the love and help offered by them. He should not even have family in the first place if he's still got some leftover angst from 12+ years ago!!!

Lmao what??? How in the world is SS interesting? What could possibly be so interesting about a man not returning to his wife and kid, leaving them in debt? Because it's interesting at how goddamn sad it is, that's what!!!

Idk about you but I like couples that you know, talk!!! To one another!!! As much as possible!!!!! And hang out!!!!! Go on dates!!!! Shown in love!!!! Taking care of one another!!!! Not killing each other!!! And leaving one another for a long period of time!!!!!!!!

Girl, it's like nailing Jell-o to a wall with you!!!! Omg!!!

#49 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

I hate the fact people are always blaming only Sasuke but nobody talks about Sakura's blame

After 699 Sasuke made it obvious he didn't want to live in the village however Sakura continued dreaming about getting married to him even tho she knew Sasuke would not be in the village even after married, Sakura probably knew sasuke was not very read to be a father and husband but this didn't stop her from trying to force her feelings on him

"Sasuke should not start a family"

We don't even know how it happened, maybe after coming back to the village for a few weeks Sasuke just felt very guilty for leaving Sakura waiting for him and seeing how she was depressed because of him Sasuke just slept with Sakura before leaving again as a way to say sorry ? maybe Sasuke didn't even wanted sakura to get pregnant neither marry her

I don't even doubt Sakura purposely choose a right day and took a lot of medicines to make sure she would get pregnant at their first night and then have "something" to hold Sasuke forever and then after she got pregnant Sasuke had no other choice but marry Sakura

Edited by yimiiyumi, 14 August 2017 - 08:48 AM.

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

I'm still trying to wrap around my head on why Sakura was going out to the dangerous village pregnant.

Side note: does anyone now start to think how dumb it is for Yamato to suggest to leave Naruto behind but not Sakura when Akatsuki can come any time if they were to leave him behind?

#51 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

You're missing details here.

1: He's facing an enemy with a Sharingan, and he hasn't seen Sarada in years. His reaction makes sense. 

2: Sasuke's mission was not done, so yes, he went back to it. Considering that we see him reappear in the Boruto movie, one can speculate he starts to make more of an effort, or that Sarada understands more, but Sasuke will always be damaged, and this lesson to learn will really take him a lifetime to work on. 

3: Sasuke left at the end of 699 because he had his own sins to pay for. It had nothing to do with the others. But this time, he wasn't in darkness. This is somehow, missed, though its made quite clear his circumstances of departure are vastly different.

4: Sasuke has most definitely accepted Sakura's love. That was the whole point of the forehead poke, though its symbolism of distance is noteworthy, so is its symbolism of love. Very different from the other two farewells, where she was knocked out and, her love declined.

5: Sure, fair to like more lovey-dovey couples if that's your thing. Really, NH probably would fit what you are looking for here, or fanon NS, since that can have multiple interpretations of how it works.  But this is a different universe compared to the real world, and I like the dynamics of SS. They're not normal at all, but its fascinating to me. I don't ship them though, really, for the reasons you point out, and ultimately, I'm not a fan of angst. 

6: Sakura has no part in the blame here. If you're blaming her for choosing a husband that had this mission obligation that affected their family dynamic, that's one thing, but she should not be getting blamed for anything else. 

1. girl he still whipped out his sword at a kid.

2. & 3. Then he shouldn't have a family in the first place if he doesn't even tell them what he's up to.

4. lol because distance is exactly what someone needs in a romantic relationship, yes. (I'll stay this though: I do like the idea of Sasuke respecting Sakura and how much she's grown. So like a bro-ship SasuSaku)

5. I'd rather eat roadkill than ship NH who are you playing with!!!

6. I'd say she got exactly what she wanted. 

#52 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

1: We need to be careful about applying real world morality to a different universe, particularly with shinobi as ninjas, which is the error of 1.

2 and 3: Sane as 1, really, and though its not explored, nothing wrong as a character trait to be bad at it. You're fine to have this opinion mind. 

4: This opinion is fine, mind, though missing the full point of the thing.

5: Just saying it fit with your concept of a couple you might like.

6: Then she's not part of the blame, which means I guess we agree? 

1. Glad your ok with him about to kill a kid anyways, noted.

2. & 3. In your opinion*!

4. I just don't see Sasuke being healthy enough to have a relationship so soon in his life. When did they start dating, 18? Boy needs some time before he dived in if you ask me.

5. NS > NH any day. Don't care if it's fanon or "crack" even. Naruto & Sakura are just too good together  :love:

6. Yes I agree! Because she got exactly what she wanted, the entire package! Angst and all! She wanted him, well okayyy then girl, you can have him.

#53 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

I think it's clear that Sasuke should've been not paired with anyone who's willing to reside in the village. Literally, a toaster helps his family more than him.

#54 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

I think it's clear that Sasuke should've been not paired with anyone who's willing to reside in the village. Literally, a toaster helps his family more than him.

Sasuke was paired because we needed to have that OP Uchiha kid for next gen, however instead of pairing with Karin (and create a goddamn powerhouse) they paired it with Sakura to pave the way for NH.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#55 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:38 PM

Sasuke was paired because we needed to have that OP Uchiha kid for next gen, however instead of pairing with Karin (and create a goddamn powerhouse) they paired it with Sakura to pave the way for NH.

Yeah, I know. That's another big possibility.

#56 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

1: He doesn't kill Sarada, so this point is rather moot? You're applying real world into this universe, which is the problem.

4: Considering the novels, this wasn't until 19 or later.

5: Sure, NS is my favorite too. 

1. Well he could have. It was dangerous either way. Dang you have no empathy do you?

4. & 5. ok

#57 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

I think Karin would be a even worse choice to Sasuke

He should have ended up alone or with Ino

Edited by yimiiyumi, 14 August 2017 - 12:09 AM.

#58 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Videogames, Anime, Naruto, Dragon Ball, Spider-Man, Megaman, Ace Attorney Series.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

I think Karin would be a even worse choice to Sasuke

He should have ended up alone or with Ino

Fair point, I agree that Sasuke would've been better ending up alone, I put Karin above in case they wanted no matter what to pair him up with someone because at the very least she had  more of a reason for fawining over him than other girls, at least, that's my opinion.

“There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster.”   -L. Lawliet

#59 yimiiyumi

yimiiyumi

Julia

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

Fair point, I agree that Sasuke would've been better ending up alone, I put Karin above in case they wanted no matter what to pair him up with someone because at the very least she had  more of a reason for fawining over him than other girls, at least, that's my opinion.

There is no true reason for a girl keep loving a boy who literally left her to die showning no regrets and the pathetic scene where karin accepts a cold "sorry" from Sasuke and then hugs him while he has a disgusting face at her just makes me hate this couple and Karin's character

Ino would still be the best choice, at least he didn't tried to kill her or left her to die

#60 BlackShirtGuy

BlackShirtGuy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:47 AM

There is no true reason for a girl keep loving a boy who literally left her to die showning no regrets and the pathetic scene where karin accepts a cold "sorry" from Sasuke and then hugs him while he has a disgusting face at her just makes me hate this couple and Karin's character

Ino would still be the best choice, at least he didn't tried to kill her or left her to die

Same can be said to SS :/ also I can't see Sasuke dating Ino since they never shared a moment together in all the manga, Sakura and Ino love for Sasuke was just fanboyism and infatuation initially, at least with Karin, she fell in love with him because he saved her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users