Close
Photo

Sakura; Naruto's Girlfriend

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

Poll: you think he's joking? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

vote here

1. Naahhh, naruto was just joking, he just said it to make his dad laugh! (6 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Yes, I think naruto was serious (126 votes [95.45%])

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

Vote

#41 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

I guess we could shoot them an email or something.

Is NP one of those sites where anyone can edit? 

Well, if someone wants to argue that way I would hope they would check the source material first. That way they would know it was not conclusive and NP is just adding its own interpretation. 

I don't think it's that big of a deal tbh, I just contributed in the "talk" button. It just annoys me that even the official Narutosite has plenty of bs, even my friends thinks it's accurate.

I love Narutopedia for everything else though, and the couples even have an own wiki that is pretty accurate.

ナルサク

#42 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

I don't think it's that big of a deal tbh, I just contributed in the "talk" button. It just annoys me that even the official Narutosite has plenty of bs, even my friends thinks it's accurate.

I love Narutopedia for everything else though, and the couples even have an own wiki that is pretty accurate.

I can't go to Narutopedia anymore, honestly. I used to, and was extremely irritated by the Hinata/NH bias as well as subtle Sakura bashing/Compete dismissal of NaruSaku's development and ambigious nature in the series. Sakura didn't even have much of a personality section besides her love for Sasuke until I took it upon myself to edit it and add in more. :glare:

I borderline tolerated it until they made a Naruto Uzumaki's Relationships page. I was perfectly fine with that idea ... until I saw it corrupted with bias and fan speculation. I tried a lot of times to correct the NaruSaku section, but since NaruHina fans run that site ... didn't end well. :sweatdrop: Suffice to say I'm not particularly popular on Narutopedia. :roll:

I'm still sometimes tempted to say "Shouldn't Sakura be added as a Love Interest as opposed to a Friend/Ally?" just to be a troll to them. I'm not wrong, but. :lol:

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 28 May 2013 - 10:20 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#43 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

I can't go to Narutopedia anymore, honestly. I used to, and was extremely irritated by the Hinata/NH bias as well as subtle Sakura bashing/Compete dismissal of NaruSaku's development and ambigious nature in the series. Sakura didn't even have much of a personality section besides her love for Sasuke until I took it upon myself to edit it and add in more. :glare:

I borderline tolerated it until they made a Naruto Uzumaki's Relationships page. I was perfectly fine with that idea ... until I saw it corrupted with bias and fan speculation. I tried a lot of times to correct the NaruSaku section, but since NaruHina fans run that site ... didn't end well. :sweatdrop: Suffice to say I'm not particularly popular on Narutopedia. :roll:

I'm still sometimes tempted to say "Shouldn't Sakura be added as a Love Interest as opposed to a Friend/Ally?" just to be a troll to them. I'm not wrong, but. :lol:

So they don't even accept the fact that NS is a possibility.

#44 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

So they don't even accept the fact that NS is a possibility.

Nope. Last time I was there, Naruto was described as had a crush on Sakura. And then when Sai said Naruto loved Sakura, assumed was put there. Used to be indicate, don't know what happened there. :lmao:

NaruSaku is apparently one-sided, according to them. That is actually fan speculation, not proof. It's technically ambigious by definition. I also added the 3rd databook reference over Sakura's confused feelings for Naruto, but that was quickly erased and discarded.

I even did something as harmless as say "Hinata's affection for Naruto was one-sided in Part One". But amazing, though a utterly true statement, that didn't last more than five minutes on there. :roll:  It's such a double standard. If NS is called one-sided according to them, then why isn't NH?

I stopped trying. I have better things to do then argue with NaruHina fans over the total bias of their "edits", it's far too trivial. If I want to argue with NH fans, I have shipping debates. :glare:

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 28 May 2013 - 10:44 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#45 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I understand your frustration, but honestly you should not get upset over it. Often shippers only see whatever they want to see, even if the creator is being incredibly blatant with his/her intentions. I never read Harry Potter, but I know that Rowling went extreme lengths to erase -and exterminate with prejudice- any possibility of Harry/hermione being canon. It is better do not get concerned with it. Let them think whatever that they want. I also see much bias in tvtropes about all kind of matters (especially shipping or bashing matters) and often I try to correct the most extreme examples that I find. I think that it will be a while before someone is able to correct false, shipping related sentences and wishful thinking passed like fact in most Naruto's sites. At least until the manga is over. Anyway, it is preposterous suggesting that he was joking or something like that. Still, I understand their frustration. Not only Naruto killed the "he has developed feelings for Hinata" argument but also the "Sakura's confession was false and he rejected her" claim. Since that, you know, if he thinks she is his sort of girlfriend, then he did not reject her. Why he said "more or less? IMO, because telling "I like her and she has told that she likes me, but I still think she has still feelings towards another person and we have not talked about it, so... it is complicated but I guess that she is" is very long.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#46 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm still slightly bitter over all the hate I got in Narutopedia, can't lie. :sweatdrop: But I'm over it for the most part, I'm aware of their bias and it's not like putting it in a wiki like it's "offical" makes it right. It's not and they know it. We know it. All that's left to do now is wait for NaruSaku becoming canon and then we'll see what they'll put. :D

Anyway, I'd like to know you guy's opinions. Does Naruto's serious "She's my girlfriend, more or less" mean he believes Sakura was telling the truth over her feelings for him? Or is it just "I don't know where we stand exactly" like I'm betting on coming from him?

#47 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Nope. Last time I was there, Naruto was described as had a crush on Sakura. And then when Sai said Naruto loved Sakura, assumed was put there. Used to be indicate, don't know what happened there. :lmao:

NaruSaku is apparently one-sided, according to them. That is actually fan speculation, not proof. It's technically ambigious by definition. I also added the 3rd databook reference over Sakura's confused feelings for Naruto, but that was quickly erased and discarded.

I even did something as harmless as say "Hinata's affection for Naruto was one-sided in Part One". But amazing, though a utterly true statement, that didn't last more than five minutes on there. :roll:  It's such a double standard. If NS is called one-sided according to them, then why isn't NH?

I stopped trying. I have better things to do then argue with NaruHina fans over the total bias of their "edits", it's far too trivial. If I want to argue with NH fans, I have shipping debates. :glare:

I've noticed something quite interesting about NH. They predict and speculate things that should happen with Hinata yet right now it seems Sakura is getting the love.

I'm still slightly bitter over all the hate I got in Narutopedia, can't lie. :sweatdrop: But I'm over it for the most part, I'm aware of their bias and it's not like putting it in a wiki like it's "offical" makes it right. It's not and they know it. We know it. All that's left to do now is wait for NaruSaku becoming canon and then we'll see what they'll put. :D

Anyway, I'd like to know you guy's opinions. Does Naruto's serious "She's my girlfriend, more or less" mean he believes Sakura was telling the truth over her feelings for him? Or is it just "I don't know where we stand exactly" like I'm betting on coming from him?

Well I hope that connects somewhat with the events that are yet to come. Thing is we don't know what Naruto understands as girlfriend. Even not as much as Sai, Naruto has some holes to fill regarding social matters.

"I don't know where we stand exactly"

The fact that he said yes, and with confidence means that somehow his idea of what a girlfriend is may have been touched by Sakura somewhat.

#48 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Funny enough, I called Hermione/Ron all the way back in Chamber of Secrets.  By Goblet of Fire I was 100% certain it'd end up R/H. (Ron's reaction to her, dressed up for the dance, was all "holy crap she's a girl and she's pretty oh my I never realized that she's hot wtf!")

When the last book came out, all the H/H fans whined about R/H coming out of nowhere and I was like, "dafuq?! I knew it was coming for ten years!"

(I was wrong about Ginny/Draco though.  Oh so wrong. That poor ship got sunk hard by canon.) 

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#49 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ohhhh snap! When did you get back!? :P

When I was able to put studiying on pause. So many tests.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Eh I wouldn't argue with them about it anyway cause even if we're right doesn't mean that they'll change it. anyway Let's see what they will do if it is completely confirmed. if they still twist it then, that's for sure that they are in denial.  

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Eh I wouldn't argue with them about it anyway cause even if we're right doesn't mean that they'll change it. anyway Let's see what they will do if it is completely confirmed. if they still twist it then, that's for sure that they are in denial.  

Actually they changed it..

ナルサク

#52 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Still in denial though

#53 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Funny enough, I called Hermione/Ron all the way back in Chamber of Secrets.  By Goblet of Fire I was 100% certain it'd end up R/H. (Ron's reaction to her, dressed up for the dance, was all "holy crap she's a girl and she's pretty oh my I never realized that she's hot wtf!")

When the last book came out, all the H/H fans whined about R/H coming out of nowhere and I was like, "dafuq?! I knew it was coming for ten years!"

(I was wrong about Ginny/Draco though.  Oh so wrong. That poor ship got sunk hard by canon.) 

I had a feeling that R/H was going to happen when I read Goblet of Fire and Order of The Phoenix. The only thing I honestly saw come out of nowhere was Harry x Ginny because I don't recall Harry EVER showing feelings for Ginny aside from subtle annoyance. After Order of the Phoenix and the first half of Half-Blood Prince, I was sure it was going to be Harry x Luna. Especially after JKR went through great lengths to show the two as "outsiders" in OotP.

NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Well now that we're not the subject I was actually a HarryXHermione shipper. :D But I did not begrudge the pairings I just accepted them as they are cause It made sense anyway. But enough of that, since it isn't the topic

Edited by Phantom_999, 29 May 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#55 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'm sorry but as wrong as this is of them, I find it extremely hilarious. XD They're hopeless. I saw what they had before and it wasn't as bad as what they have now when it comes to Sakura even though I didn't agree with it. Now I only go there for info on  jutsu. Everything is just pretty much bogus.  :down:

#56 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

I think Naruto imply to Minato that he & Sakura are in a complicated relationship which won't be resolve until the Sasuke issue is solved. They both have feelings for each other but won't confront the topic until the war arc and Sasuke issue passed them.

Btw Sushi love the Korra covers! Still waiting for book 2; spirit!

[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:24 PM

Not a joke whatsoever, but they're not together yet. This does indicate that their relationship is exceeding normal friendship and it's still being processed. It's 80% done and we are so close from making it solid. We are near victory.

#58 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Well now that we're not the subject I was actually a HarryXHermione shipper. :D But I did not begrudge the pairings I just accepted them as they are cause It made sense anyway. But enough of that, since it isn't the topic

After I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone i was sure of two things Ron would end up with Hermione and Snape loved Harry's mum....

needless to say I was right about both things....

I don't even call myself a shipper really cuz I just go by what I see as the author's intent by what I find in the story...

to me it is blatantly obvious that Naruto will end up with Sakura and I just can't fathom why some people (who are apparently rational) can't see it.

Kishimoto hasn't been hiding it but they refuse to admit it even as a possibility

oh well

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#59 Cherry-Bloss93

Cherry-Bloss93

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Horses, Naruto, Biochemistry <3

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

I don't know if someone asked this already, but what do you guys think Sakura would have said if Naruto hadn't answered for her? And why do you think Naruto answered in the first place?

narusaku_ending_22_by_dew_mangaka-d56e4f

#60 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

I don't know if someone asked this already, but what do you guys think Sakura would have said if Naruto hadn't answered for her? And why do you think Naruto answered in the first place?

I don't know and that's what makes it fascinating. The fact we are still "to be continued..." with Sakura while Naruto is pure obvious. I got no clue in the answering part. I think Kishi did it to make Naruto avoid Sakura's answer as well as confirming his feelings and bonus, tells us their progress, which seems to be ongoing development to full romance, since it's complicated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users