Close
Photo

Sakura; Naruto's Girlfriend

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

Poll: you think he's joking? (132 member(s) have cast votes)

vote here

1. Naahhh, naruto was just joking, he just said it to make his dad laugh! (6 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

2. Yes, I think naruto was serious (126 votes [95.45%])

Percentage of vote: 95.45%

Vote

#21 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

well whether or not it makes them an official couple,is debatable I will admit. But it WAS a GREAT Ship Tease. biggrin.gif And again Sakura did not directly deny it like usual she was acting like a typical Tsundere when embarrassed or annoyed. tongue.gif In this case, embarrassment. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 25 May 2013 - 03:58 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#22 ladyannelise

ladyannelise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

QUOTE (Dkey @ May 25 2013, 02:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coincidence or not homusubi wrote a rant regarding Naruto's statement.

http://homusubi.tumb... ... good point

this one's good, makes a lot of sense! a_thumbs.gif

#23 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Uh .... kinda complicated question. I'm sure Naruto himself doesn't really know where he and Sakura stand since her confession. Not really anyway, even though he likely thinks she doesn't love him still. I don't think it was joke considering his feelings exactly. Naruto's feelings for Sakura are still serious, but I don't think he actually meant she was his girlfriend, you know? More like "it's complicated". Hence the "more or less" part. tongue.gif

I kind of see this line from Naruto as expressing his uncertainity on what exactly his relationship with Sakura is. Probably why he didn't get all embarassed and smug over it like he did the last time with Konohamaru.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#24 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Whether it is a joke or not, it still proves that Naruto doesn't feel anything for Hinata at the very least since he said it right in front of her. Which discredits all of those NH fans who said that Naruto was over Sakura and was starting to fall for Hinata.

Edited by zatheko, 25 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#25 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

Quick, someone do a Facebook edit with Naruto Uzumaki in a complicated relationship with Sakura Haruno laugh.gif

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#26 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (zatheko @ May 25 2013, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whether it is a joke or not, it still proves that Naruto doesn't feel anything for Hinata at the very least since he said it right in front of her. Which discredits all of those NH fans who said that Naruto was over Sakura and was starting to fall for Hinata.

Though there's always that "Naruto's not serious about his feelings anymore, he's just attracted to her and makes jokes about it now" argument that the NaruHina fans are flying around. happy.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#27 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (xxRomanceGirlxx @ May 25 2013, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though there's always that "Naruto's not serious about his feelings anymore, he's just attracted to her and makes jokes about it now" argument that the NaruHina fans are flying around. happy.gif

That's what I mean though, even if it was just a joke, wouldn't saying that in front of Hinata who he supposedly has "feelings" for (in their opinion) be kind of a well... a d**k move?

That's why I take it as a confirmation that his feelings haven't changed, if he was questioning his feelings at all then he probably wouldn't have said yes.

Edited by zatheko, 25 May 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#28 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Honestly Naruto would never joke about something personal like Sakura been his girlfriend. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#29 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Honestly Naruto would never joke about something personal like Sakura been his girlfriend. 

This

40283620121415711s.jpg

#30 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'm going to post my thoughts here.
First of all, About Sakura's reaction, Naruto's comment and something that happened again.

The fact is that Sakura feelings wasnt adressed the suspense is on the air she still has feelings for Sasuke or love Naruto.
I dont think it's going to be offscreen but has development for it.

First it's the third time when Sakura is going to answer about her feelings she got interrupted, first when Yamato was going to say that she loves Naruto, second when she was going to say "i love you" Naruto on her second attempt and third when Minato asked Sakura fi she was his son's girlfriend and then she got interrupted by Naruto saying she was.

Which was a joke but adressed Naruto's feelings, it removes NH from the game, since Naruto loves Sakura, i can say for sure that NH is dead but it proves once again that Kishimoto is not going to make the things complicated it's NS or SS which an huge favour to NaruSaku due to the bad buildup of SS which never had a true development from the start.

Second about Sakura not denying it, it's a fact that on her earlier attempts were on the part 1 when she did not viewed Naruto romantically speaking off, she viewed his a fool or an idiot and all her attention was towards Sasuke and this never make her see Naruto on a different light(which caused him to be rejected on that attempts just like Jiraiya and funny that Tsunade only saw Jiraiya romantically speaking off when he died, the development got a forced break when Jiraiya died).
But then it changed due to Sai's words saying that Naruto loves her and when she make the confession she does not view Naruto as a friend only but also as someome who could be her husband, lover or boyfriend it's an huge step since it breaks off her view of "Friend-only" Naruto, this is the reason why she didnt denied but rather got embarassassed, i personally doesnt know if she loves Naruto now or still has feelings for Sasuke but this chapter proved that the bullsh** about "Simblings" or "friendship-only" is false, she does view Naruto on a romantic light since when she did the confession and this chapter proves it, if she loves Naruto or not only the next chapters will tell, but one things for sure is that NH is dead, and was never an obstacle like i said too many times, Naruto has nothing to say to Hinata in terms of feelings because she's not part of the love triangle.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 25 May 2013 - 06:17 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#31 Kanae

Kanae

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I think he was definitely being serious, no question about it. Nothing in his expression suggested otherwise. And while I wouldn't go as far as to call them an official couple, I do think they're pretty much that in Minato's eyes now, which is extremely meaningful in and of itself... because Minato's eventually going back to the world of the dead and he's already given NaruSaku his blessings. 

Plus, Naruto's serious answer - actually thought being given to it, unlike before when he would just grow coy and blush and do some wishful thinking - pretty much confirmed his stance on Sakura's confession. I guess Sakura-chan now has got her response to that angered "if you don't like me, just say so!" of hers  :chuckle:

#32 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

I think he was definitely being serious, no question about it. Nothing in his expression suggested otherwise. And while I wouldn't go as far as to call them an official couple, I do think they're pretty much that in Minato's eyes now, which is extremely meaningful in and of itself... because Minato's eventually going back to the world of the dead and he's already given NaruSaku his blessings. 

Plus, Naruto's serious answer - actually thought being given to it, unlike before when he would just grow coy and blush and do some wishful thinking - pretty much confirmed his stance on Sakura's confession. I guess Sakura-chan now has got her response to that angered "if you don't like me, just say so!" of hers  :chuckle:

But rest the fact that Sakura got interrupted again so i do believe that soon we will have a scene where her real feelings will be adressed if she loves Sasuke or it's in love with Naruto, Minato asked a question to Sakura not Naruto, Naruto got in the way and responded.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#33 Nath0man

Nath0man

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm pretty sure he was being serious. I didn't see anybody laughing and Minato even said Sakura reminded him of Kushina and for Sakura to take care of his son which obviously wasn't a joke and indicated the seriousness of the entire moment.

Edited by nath0man, 25 May 2013 - 08:54 PM.

tumblr_mnolr6Y9P11rv8v4go1_500.png

#34 Catwho

Catwho

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

For me, this scene is as much about what is not said than what was spoken aloud.

Things Naruto did not say:

1. No, why would you think that?

2. No, my girlfriend is the purple haired chick over there.

3. No, but I used to like her. We're just team members now.

4. Yes! Haha, isn't she hot? (This would be the joking response everyone is trying to pin on him.)

5. I don't think so... she likes someone else.

6. I don't think so.... I like someone else.

Things Sakura did not say:

1. Stop joking about stuff like that.

2. He's lying, he's going out with that purple haired chick over there.

3. He's always had a crush on me, but we're just team members.

4. He's lying, I don't like him that way.

5. He's lying, he likes someone else.

So, it's Naruto being serious, and Sakura freaking out because in the middle of a battlefield in front of his dad is neither the time nor the place to have a discussion on what their exact relationship is, and he had the audacity to conclude that she's his girlfriend without asking her opinion on it first.  By her lack of denial, she's choosing not to argue the point for now.  She is, indeed, "something like that" although it's clear the conversation isn't over.

Read my stuff! Some of the stories are even finished! Catwho on Fanfiction.net
I also now have a Tumblr like thing:  http://tprara.tumblr.com/

#35 StrikerTheNoble

StrikerTheNoble

The guy who changes his obsesions way too often.

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts
  • Interests:Winning the fanboy rivalry with FoolishYoungling

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

Like people said before... He meant it seriously but we should take it with a grane of salt. It is Naruto afther all.

tumblr_nb92ixykOu1s7xenwo1_400.gif

OTP: NaruSaku; Favorite crack pairing: NaruIno

Runner-ups:AstridxHiccup (How to train your dragon),SusanxReed, WallyxKuki (Kids next door);  AshxMisty; ThorxSif

#36 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

I got into a debate on Narutopedia about this topic. Normally I just think it's stupid that people dismiss it(as they think Sakura hit Naruto for lying about being intimate), but I really want the official Narutosite to be accurate. -_-

Edited by sushi., 27 May 2013 - 08:31 PM.

ナルサク

#37 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

I got into a debate on Narutopedia about this topic. Normally I just think it's stupid that people dismiss it(as they think Sakura hit Naruto for lying about being intimate), but I really want the official Narutosite to be accurate. -_-

Well we can't say for sure that she didnt.

She hit him and told him to focus on getting better. If she meant to deny it, instead she could of denied Naruto's accusations instead of telling him to get better. 

The scene did more for putting Naruto's feelings in focus than it did for Sakura. Not saying we shouldn't get optimistic about it ( I still think its telling), but I do believe there is more room to argue that she hit him for lying, then there is to say Naruto was confused about what his father meant by girlfriend. 

Edited by Lady_duckish, 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM.

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

#38 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Well we can't say for sure that she didnt.

She hit him and told him to focus on getting better. If she meant to deny it, instead she could of denied Naruto's accusations instead of telling him to get better. 

The scene did more for putting Naruto's feelings in focus than it did for Sakura. Not saying we shouldn't get optimistic about it ( I still think its telling), but I do believe there is more room to argue that she hit him for lying, then there is to say Naruto was confused about what his father meant by girlfriend. 

The whole scene up for interpretation, but Narutopedia is only supposed to summarize what happened in the chapter, not add in their own point of view. They're supposed to be objective.

ナルサク

#39 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

Like people said before... He meant it seriously but we should take it with a grane of salt. It is Naruto afther all.

Ohhhh snap! When did you get back!? :P 

#40 Lady_duckish

Lady_duckish

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

The whole scene up for interpretation, but Narutopedia is only supposed to summarize what happened in the chapter, not add in their own point of view. They're supposed to be objective.

I guess we could shoot them an email or something.

Is NP one of those sites where anyone can edit? 

Well, if someone wants to argue that way I would hope they would check the source material first. That way they would know it was not conclusive and NP is just adding its own interpretation. 

"Thursday cry moved up to Wednesday due to scheduling conflicts" -The Onion (I laughed till I cried)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users